PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Bewoss

Bewoss

Hello,

Could you please point out where I can find this Renault F1 car to download?Thanks

2. Fred Basset

Fred Basset

Sorry to ask, ive look in discord without any success, so im asking the resident guru's here with a CSP question.
    My problem is the heavy darkening of the windshield at night, its reducing to much vision for my liking, i know it wasn't always like that, so im guessing its an option in CSP somewhere..?
    Could anyone help please.
    [​IMG]

**Worked out my problem... its the track Deep Forest ..its only this dark on this track in the dark area's **

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  3. saXXXon

saXXXon

yeah, if Dareks see's that you are a member of a group he doesn't like he bans you I've heard. cant find him either unfortunately :-/

4. TonySSS

TonySSS

Wait, wait, wait...
    How the **** did he manage to convert two liveries you made for GT SPORT to AC???

MrB00 likes this.
  5. MrB00

MrB00

I didn't convert them - I made them from scratch. I did the red and blue 67 car first then changed the colours for the 68 car and tidied up the lines and logos. I think they took about a week to make!!

MeltFire, xezez, kimiraik and 7 others like this.
  6. Elio92

Elio92

Vassalfada, MrLonguinha17 and MrB00 like this.
  7. deCarrera

deCarrera

Thank you guys. Good stuff on all these recomendations.

:confused:Another question for all: What would cause a 3D object to be visible in your 3D software like Blender, 3DSimEd, etc.,like for example a rollcage; but then not visible when you open the kn5 in game? A CM setting or a car data file setting? I don't see a config ini for the car so I'm perplexed. :confused:

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    xezez, Guachimingo and MrB00 like this.
  8. Popeye

Popeye Premium

I remember Clive James doing the 1982 season review and cracking jokes about the cars being telepathically linked. It was also the times of the first refuelling pitstops, but the Brabhams never finished a race till about mid season, so it was a guessing games as to when it would actually happen

Zwiss, kimiraik and Elio92 like this.
  9. norms

norms

There's a few options here. On the actual object, Render=False, Transparency settings, shader settings. If you can't figure it out, send it over.

deCarrera likes this.
  10. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Well, more like “converted”. I designed them and he remade them in photoshop.

TonySSS and MrB00 like this.
  11. Masscot

Masscot

12. deCarrera

deCarrera

That was it, Render=False. You guys are just fantastic in your willingness to help :cheers:
    Of course this is only making my addiction worse, lol:lol:

norms likes this.
  13. drive4evr

drive4evr

Hi everyone. Thats my first message here and i wanted to ask, if someone has the monument valley track from Simtraxx and wants to share it? Because i love drag racing and cant find another better drag.

14. letsdothis97

letsdothis97

15. Beezer215

Beezer215

Welcome. Here you go.
    https://www.simtraxx.net/?product=monument-valley-usa

16. Fred Basset

Fred Basset

d25bev, Kran, Foxeway and 15 others like this.
  17. Masscot

Masscot

Just want to make it clear, it's not my track. I just added some TRM balloons.

sab001, d25bev, Psychotik007 and 3 others like this.
  18. Steveo324xx

Steveo324xx

:lol:

19. PepperoniAC24

PepperoniAC24

Hope i could express this in english...
    Yeah 10 pounds (11€) seems really high price for me, I buy the entire base game for 5€ on steam (how much tracks, how much cars in it?)
    So i will not buy it.
    On the other hand, take someone like Lilski, he produces 6 tracks in 5 years and get around 281 000 downloads, i will ask him, but like @Jimlloyd (someone for me like Lilski of Fat Alfie) said few pages before, nobody donates, it is a fact, he got 100 pounds in all the years he works for the communauty.

So Lilski should have something like that, something like 100 pounds for all his works and 281 000 downloads...
    Unfair i think.

If everyone one of us give 10 cents, Lilski will have 28 100€, 10 cents is nothing for everyone of us individually, if we are here talking on a forum thread, it means that we got a computer, a connection to the internet, provider etc
    So, is 10 cents that big?

There is something else, when we give, if we give 10 cents, we could think that we are stingy, or that we devalue the work of the person that made the track, that we should give to be fair something like 3€, but at the same time 3€ that multiplies all the tracks, cars, mods that we got, seems such a big number, so in the end we give nothing.
    I got 210 tracks, if i give 3€ by tracks, i got 630€, pretty big number isn't it?
    But if i give 10 cents, "just" 21€, 21€ for so much content, AC, 12 tracks for how much, the base game and some dlc, perhaps 40€
    So 21€ for 210 tracks, and 12 tracks for 40€.
    If for me 21€ is still too much, lets say 5 cents by tracks, i got 210 tracks for 10,5€, it is ok, isn't it.

Lets go back to Lilski, sorry guy, now, we give 5 cents, recession, you know, Lilski got 14 050€, is he happy or not with that?
    Did he prefer nothing or 14 000€

So always better to give, even if it's not much, still better than nothing at all.

Modders take a lot of their time to give content for free, but it's time, it's lot of work, i really think that if we like something, that we use something, we should give something in exchange, it will encourage them, support them to continue the work they do and that we enjoy so much!

I know that people that's read this text on this forum, will not flame me and will be okay with that, they are mature people and ethical ones, so perhaps it is not the right place to say it.
    On the other hand, i am not stupid, nowaday, lot of person download soundtrack, CD, DVD, movie, that got a price, for free on internet, so how could i expect that people that do not pay for pay content, donate for free content?

i'm naive but who know, sometimes writing can make a change, inception

Gift in this life, debt in the next :)

20. safi hellie

safi hellie

You could follow an alternative view point in which because you got a game (sim) for a bargain price on steam in the sales at lets say, £8 base game.
    You then have plenty of scope if you wished to pay for a few mods AND still be well under the full price.
    Rather than "the game cost me £49.99 so £10 is a snip for a track!!"

Weigh up the time you get from the purchase and make a decision on that...

Personally i don't want that track enough to warrant purchase, but consider it costs in the UK £150 odd just to book a slot on a track day before you even think about the car you'll take plus fuel, tyres blah blah blah....

We had iRacing for a bit, loved it, it cost money yes but when we were using it, well worth it...then we followed AC because of feel and mods and the sand box of it all and then suddenly not using iRacing but paying for it seemed silly....
    That was the only reason we stopped.

If they can charge for it fair play to them.

21. Electroforce

Electroforce

Well then add your balloons to the track, upload it and call it your own. It's not like that hasn't been done before with cars at least.

22. Masscot

Masscot

Why the assumption about monetising everything? I'd say most mods are produced as part of a hobby for purely selfish, personal reasons. People make stuff because they want to use it themselves, or they just enjoy the process - but thankfully most modders are also happy to share their creations with others so that they can enjoy it too.
    If you're modding for kudos or adulation, or in the hope of getting donations, then... I don't know, I guess your priorities are all skewed. Unless you are approaching it as a business rather than a hobby.
    IMO.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Kran, mikutzu, Helzephyr and 9 others like this.
  23. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

I have never seen balloons being added to a car in AC though... :dunce:

24. Electroforce

Electroforce

You need to get out more

[​IMG]

CdnTDog, bluepeter, Foxeway and 11 others like this.
  25. Masscot

Masscot

Yep, but TBH we really shouldn't have to do beta testing to that extent on a full release - we're not bug hunters. There were half-a-dozen obvious errors with the car that really should have been picked up at source.
    Anyway, good to see they were all fixed, including lowering the Motec so the tacho could be seen, and reversing the paddle shifting. And changing the shift animation speed. And fixing the hand/wheel synch. And the collider. And the floating fuel digit. And... oh, you get the idea.
    ;)

Real Toonces and MrB00 like this.
  26. Xauntyse

Xauntyse

Has anyone else had issues with the Kunos Pagani Huayra having its front wheels' alignment all wrong?

Attached Files:

27. MrB00

MrB00

While I agree we shouldn't have to test things out for modders I get that sometimes things get missed - even if it was a lot of things that probably shouldn't have been. I dunno maybe he was tired or something.
    I also don't see the harm in pointing things out if it's a worthy mod but now I've actually driven it more than 100 yards guess where it ended up ;).

28. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Have you tried opening CM showroom, choosing the “align with data“ in the car tab, positioning the wheels manually and selecting “update model”?

I’d walk you through it a bit better but my computer’s still broken for now.

29. Beezer215

Beezer215

@safi hellie Did you mod your car? I want the Mary Poppins version.
    LIIINNNKKKKIIIEEEESSSS PLLLZZZZ!!!!

safi hellie, Guachimingo and MrB00 like this.
  30. Xauntyse

Xauntyse

yes, I have. It affects the previews, but not the car when I load it up. Perplexed how this happened with official content but everything else seems just fine.