Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,078 comments
Sorry I forgot to reply to this earlier...What kind of textures are you looking for?

You could start by looking at some of these sites
https://www.wildtextures.com/
https://www.deviantart.com/grungetextures/gallery Also look through the whole of DeviantArt but this was a page I found useful in the past
https://www.artstation.com/

There's also a certain russian 3dmodel site that has huge texture packs ripped from a few racing games but I'm not allowed to link that one here :D
Hi deCarrera. This is the library of free online textures that's used by Ilja for CSP/CM. You may find some good stuff here:

https://cc0textures.com/

Thank you guys. Good stuff on all these recomendations.

:confused:Another question for all: What would cause a 3D object to be visible in your 3D software like Blender, 3DSimEd, etc.,like for example a rollcage; but then not visible when you open the kn5 in game? A CM setting or a car data file setting? I don't see a config ini for the car so I'm perplexed. :confused:

Last edited:
Thank you guys. Good stuff on all these recomendations.

:confused:Another question for all: What would cause a 3D object to be visible in your 3D software like Blender, 3DSimEd, etc.,like for example a rollcage; but then not visible when you open the kn5 in game? A CM setting or a car data file setting. I don't see a config ini for the carso I'm perplexed. :confused:

There's a few options here. On the actual object, Render=False, Transparency settings, shader settings. If you can't figure it out, send it over.

Twin Ring Motegi balloons to replace the fake Tochigi ones:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/twin-ring-motegi-replacement-balloons.33297/
(the official billboards/branding are available for download too)

Screenshot_bacmono_twin_ring_motegi_16-5-120-11-20-38.jpg Screenshot_bacmono_twin_ring_motegi_16-5-120-11-21-51.jpg

Last edited:
There's a few options here. On the actual object, Render=False, Transparency settings, shader settings. If you can't figure it out, send it over.
That was it, Render=False. You guys are just fantastic in your willingness to help :cheers:
Of course this is only making my addiction worse, lol:lol:

Hi everyone. Thats my first message here and i wanted to ask, if someone has the monument valley track from Simtraxx and wants to share it? Because i love drag racing and cant find another better drag.

Wow.. 10 pounds for a track which = $19 Aus .. i can by the entire game for $28 aus.. Think that being too greedy despite the effort.
Hope i could express this in english...
Yeah 10 pounds (11€) seems really high price for me, I buy the entire base game for 5€ on steam (how much tracks, how much cars in it?)
So i will not buy it.
On the other hand, take someone like Lilski, he produces 6 tracks in 5 years and get around 281 000 downloads, i will ask him, but like @Jimlloyd (someone for me like Lilski of Fat Alfie) said few pages before, nobody donates, it is a fact, he got 100 pounds in all the years he works for the communauty.

So Lilski should have something like that, something like 100 pounds for all his works and 281 000 downloads...
Unfair i think.

If everyone one of us give 10 cents, Lilski will have 28 100€, 10 cents is nothing for everyone of us individually, if we are here talking on a forum thread, it means that we got a computer, a connection to the internet, provider etc
So, is 10 cents that big?

There is something else, when we give, if we give 10 cents, we could think that we are stingy, or that we devalue the work of the person that made the track, that we should give to be fair something like 3€, but at the same time 3€ that multiplies all the tracks, cars, mods that we got, seems such a big number, so in the end we give nothing.
I got 210 tracks, if i give 3€ by tracks, i got 630€, pretty big number isn't it?
But if i give 10 cents, "just" 21€, 21€ for so much content, AC, 12 tracks for how much, the base game and some dlc, perhaps 40€
So 21€ for 210 tracks, and 12 tracks for 40€.
If for me 21€ is still too much, lets say 5 cents by tracks, i got 210 tracks for 10,5€, it is ok, isn't it.

Lets go back to Lilski, sorry guy, now, we give 5 cents, recession, you know, Lilski got 14 050€, is he happy or not with that?
Did he prefer nothing or 14 000€

So always better to give, even if it's not much, still better than nothing at all.

Modders take a lot of their time to give content for free, but it's time, it's lot of work, i really think that if we like something, that we use something, we should give something in exchange, it will encourage them, support them to continue the work they do and that we enjoy so much!

I know that people that's read this text on this forum, will not flame me and will be okay with that, they are mature people and ethical ones, so perhaps it is not the right place to say it.
On the other hand, i am not stupid, nowaday, lot of person download soundtrack, CD, DVD, movie, that got a price, for free on internet, so how could i expect that people that do not pay for pay content, donate for free content?

i'm naive but who know, sometimes writing can make a change, inception

Gift in this life, debt in the next :)

Last edited:
You could follow an alternative view point in which because you got a game (sim) for a bargain price on steam in the sales at lets say, £8 base game.
You then have plenty of scope if you wished to pay for a few mods AND still be well under the full price.
Rather than "the game cost me £49.99 so £10 is a snip for a track!!"

Weigh up the time you get from the purchase and make a decision on that...

Personally i don't want that track enough to warrant purchase, but consider it costs in the UK £150 odd just to book a slot on a track day before you even think about the car you'll take plus fuel, tyres blah blah blah....

We had iRacing for a bit, loved it, it cost money yes but when we were using it, well worth it...then we followed AC because of feel and mods and the sand box of it all and then suddenly not using iRacing but paying for it seemed silly....
That was the only reason we stopped.

If they can charge for it fair play to them.

Hope i could express this in english...
Yeah 10 pounds (11€) seems really high price for me, I buy the entire base game for 5€ on steam (how much tracks, how much cars in it?)
So i will not buy it.
On the other hand, take someone like Lilski, he produces 6 tracks in 5 years and get around 281 000 downloads, i will ask him, but like @Jimlloyd (someone for me like Lilski of Fat Alfie) said few pages before, nobody donates, it is a fact, he got 100 pounds in all the years he works for the communauty.

So Lilski should have something like that, something like 100 pounds for all his works and 281 000 downloads...
Unfair i think.

If everyone one of us give 10 cents, Lilski will have 28 100€, 10 cents is nothing for everyone of us individually, if we are here talking on a forum thread, it means that we got a computer, a connection to the internet, provider etc
So, is 10 cents that big?

There is something else, when we give, if we give 10 cents, we could think that we are stingy, or that we devalue the work of the person that made the track, that we should give to be fair something like 3€, but at the same time 3€ that multiplies all the tracks, cars, mods that we got, seems such a big number, so in the end we give nothing.
I got 210 tracks, if i give 3€ by tracks, i got 630€, pretty big number isn't it?
But if i give 10 cents, "just" 21€, 21€ for so much content, AC, 12 tracks for how much, the base game and some dlc, perhaps 40€
So 21€ for 210 tracks, and 12 tracks for 40€.
If for me 21€ is still too much, lets say 5 cents by tracks, i got 210 tracks for 10,5€, it is ok, isn't it.

Lets go back to Lilski, sorry guy, now, we give 5 cents, recession, you know, Lilski got 14 050€, is he happy or not with that?
Did he prefer nothing or 14 000€

So always better to give, even if it's not much, still better than nothing at all.

Modders take a lot of their time to give content for free, but it's time, it's lot of work, i really think that if we like something, that we use something, we should give something in exchange, it will encourage them, support them to continue the work they do and that we enjoy so much!

I know that people that's read this text on this forum, will not flame me and will be okay with that, they are mature people and ethical ones, so perhaps it is not the right place to say it.
On the other hand, i am not stupid, nowaday, lot of person download soundtrack, CD, DVD, movie, that got a price, for free on internet, so how could i expect that people that do not pay for pay content, donate for free content?

i'm naive but who know, sometimes writing can make a change, inception

Gift in this life, debt in the next :)
Why the assumption about monetising everything? I'd say most mods are produced as part of a hobby for purely selfish, personal reasons. People make stuff because they want to use it themselves, or they just enjoy the process - but thankfully most modders are also happy to share their creations with others so that they can enjoy it too.
If you're modding for kudos or adulation, or in the hope of getting donations, then... I don't know, I guess your priorities are all skewed. Unless you are approaching it as a business rather than a hobby.
IMO.

Last edited:
Reading that FB post I think Velo has realised that this place isn't a forum full of nasty people hating and moaning about every mod just because it has a slightly wonky front left wheel (or whatever) and we might point out things that are wrong but are in no way doing it to be harmful to modders.
Glad to see he took some of the comments onboard and fixed things.
Thanks to Velo for fixing the Gallardo and for being humble about it :cheers:
Yep, but TBH we really shouldn't have to do beta testing to that extent on a full release - we're not bug hunters. There were half-a-dozen obvious errors with the car that really should have been picked up at source.
Anyway, good to see they were all fixed, including lowering the Motec so the tacho could be seen, and reversing the paddle shifting. And changing the shift animation speed. And fixing the hand/wheel synch. And the collider. And the floating fuel digit. And... oh, you get the idea.
;)

Has anyone else had issues with the Kunos Pagani Huayra having its front wheels' alignment all wrong?

Attachments

• acs 2020-05-23 19-37-35.png
    acs 2020-05-23 19-37-35.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 39
Yep, but TBH we really shouldn't have to do beta testing to that extent on a full release - we're not bug hunters. There were half-a-dozen obvious errors with the car that really should have been picked up at source.
Anyway, good to see they were all fixed, including lowering the Motec so the tacho could be seen, and reversing the paddle shifting. And changing the shift animation speed. And fixing the hand/wheel synch. And the collider. And the floating fuel digit. And... oh, you get the idea.
;)

While I agree we shouldn't have to test things out for modders I get that sometimes things get missed - even if it was a lot of things that probably shouldn't have been. I dunno maybe he was tired or something.
I also don't see the harm in pointing things out if it's a worthy mod but now I've actually driven it more than 100 yards guess where it ended up ;).

Has anyone else had issues with the Kunos Pagani Huayra having its front wheels' alignment all wrong?

Have you tried opening CM showroom, choosing the “align with data“ in the car tab, positioning the wheels manually and selecting “update model”?

I’d walk you through it a bit better but my computer’s still broken for now.

Have you tried opening CM showroom, choosing the “align with data“ in the car tab, positioning the wheels manually and selecting “update model”?

I’d walk you through it a bit better but my computer’s still broken for now.

yes, I have. It affects the previews, but not the car when I load it up. Perplexed how this happened with official content but everything else seems just fine.

View attachment 923232

Can anybody please post their settings for this? I've broke something and now the AI always, and I mean ALWAYS, run with headlights on. I believe the fix is with the Headlights if ambient light is under% but I have no idea how to determine what this value should be.

Check to see if 'Force AI Headlights' is also ticked in CSP 'track settings' tab. That will put all car lights on all the time.

EDIT: Late to the party again. Getting further into my daily thread catch-up, I see you've already seen this tip from others.

How out of line would it be to ask if anyone want's to go halfsies on a pay mod? I'm just curious. I can't see anything wrong with it but I've been drinking.

How out of line would it be to ask if anyone want's to go halfsies on a pay mod? I'm just curious. I can't see anything wrong with it but I've been drinking.

Strange, when I played around with the data, it would affect the way the car looked during a race. Perhaps there’s somehow something wrong with the setup you’re using? That would be the only other thing I could think of.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back