Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,787 comments
Why the assumption about monetising everything? I'd say most mods are produced as part of a hobby for purely selfish, personal reasons. People make stuff because they want to use it themselves, or they just enjoy the process - but thankfully most modders are also happy to share their creations with others so that they can enjoy it too.
If you're modding for kudos or adulation, or in the hope of getting donations, then... I don't know, I guess your priorities are all skewed. Unless you are approaching it as a business rather than a hobby.
IMO.

That's the problem, I do not master English so I did not manage to pass what I wanted to, it's sorry.

It is not so much at the level of the motivations of the modders as those of the people who download mods.

I think that when you are modders, you have to do it without expecting anything, it's a healthier posture.
On the other hand for the person who receives, who download mods, what are their posture, the thought that I developed was in a way an advocacy for generosity and gratitude.

I think it is good to live with a feeling of appreciation for what life or others bring us

Strange, when I played around with the data, it would affect the way the car looked during a race. Perhaps there’s somehow something wrong with the setup you’re using? That would be the only other thing I could think of.

It's a mystery to me. Default setup, default data file. I haven't done anything to either of the kunos Huayras

Hope i could express this in english...
Yeah 10 pounds (11€) seems really high price for me, I buy the entire base game for 5€ on steam (how much tracks, how much cars in it?)
So i will not buy it.
On the other hand, take someone like Lilski, he produces 6 tracks in 5 years and get around 281 000 downloads, i will ask him, but like @Jimlloyd (someone for me like Lilski of Fat Alfie) said few pages before, nobody donates, it is a fact, he got 100 pounds in all the years he works for the communauty.

So Lilski should have something like that, something like 100 pounds for all his works and 281 000 downloads...
Unfair i think.

If everyone one of us give 10 cents, Lilski will have 28 100€, 10 cents is nothing for everyone of us individually, if we are here talking on a forum thread, it means that we got a computer, a connection to the internet, provider etc
So, is 10 cents that big?

There is something else, when we give, if we give 10 cents, we could think that we are stingy, or that we devalue the work of the person that made the track, that we should give to be fair something like 3€, but at the same time 3€ that multiplies all the tracks, cars, mods that we got, seems such a big number, so in the end we give nothing.
I got 210 tracks, if i give 3€ by tracks, i got 630€, pretty big number isn't it?
But if i give 10 cents, "just" 21€, 21€ for so much content, AC, 12 tracks for how much, the base game and some dlc, perhaps 40€
So 21€ for 210 tracks, and 12 tracks for 40€.
If for me 21€ is still too much, lets say 5 cents by tracks, i got 210 tracks for 10,5€, it is ok, isn't it.

Lets go back to Lilski, sorry guy, now, we give 5 cents, recession, you know, Lilski got 14 050€, is he happy or not with that?
Did he prefer nothing or 14 000€

So always better to give, even if it's not much, still better than nothing at all.

Modders take a lot of their time to give content for free, but it's time, it's lot of work, i really think that if we like something, that we use something, we should give something in exchange, it will encourage them, support them to continue the work they do and that we enjoy so much!

I know that people that's read this text on this forum, will not flame me and will be okay with that, they are mature people and ethical ones, so perhaps it is not the right place to say it.
On the other hand, i am not stupid, nowaday, lot of person download soundtrack, CD, DVD, movie, that got a price, for free on internet, so how could i expect that people that do not pay for pay content, donate for free content?

i'm naive but who know, sometimes writing can make a change, inception

Gift in this life, debt in the next :)
Your on the right track .. no pun intended Pepperoni . A reduced cost wouldn't turn people away so quickly, therefore more people would be willing to pay. 2 pounds would have been about right,,, i would buy it for 2 pounds.. im guessing a lot of people might as well. Id rather have 200 @ 2 pounds than 25 @ 10 pounds.
@ Masscot i know its not your track... your just passing the word on, im not having a go at you.. or at anyone, just voicing my personal opinion.
PS. Still asking for help for reducing the windshield darkness at night time.

It's a mystery to me. Default setup, default data file. I haven't done anything to either of the kunos Huayras

Well hey, before my computer broke the lights on both of my RSS GT-N cars stopped working and I never touched them or installed any day/night transition mods, so I also have a history of things breaking in AC with no warning or apparent reason.

Well hey, before my computer broke the lights on both of my RSS GT-N cars stopped working and I never touched them or installed any day/night transition mods, so I also have a history of things breaking in AC with no warning or apparent reason.
RSS GT-N Porsche - is a crap. it's just undrivable. Seems to have no downforce at all

has someone tried Tochigi? How is it?

I think it's very good. The price may be a little high for some, especially for an AC mod, but I think it's worthy of it.

Look on RD for skin and balloon updates.

I think Mitja will be updating it some more, and he might add the two shorter courses.

I have a couple of videos to edit together that feature it.

I'm trying hard no to be that guy...we all do this for fun...and learn in the process....but if I want 10 quid for something I worked on at the very least smooth that ****
unknown.png

Yeah I have did a couple off quick races around it this evening, super gt 2013 and wtcr , and it is the standard I was expecting from the creator of it going on his previous work on par or if not better than Okayama

I'm trying hard no to be that guy...we all do this for fun...and learn in the process....but if I want 10 quid for something I worked on at the very least smooth that ****View attachment 923418

Overall, it's a very nice track to drive. I'm pretty sure this (Tochigi/TRM) is going to be updated a couple of times before it's all said and done, and I know he's aware of these nit picky issues.

Besides, who really notices the quality of these marshals when they're really racing? ;) I think the animated marshals on Lilski's Road America track are impressive, but other than stopping to look at them, or if I happen to wreck on one of their corners, I just don't notice them at all.

Of course, I believe the Reboot Team's tracks are probably among the highest quality we have, and the quality of the meshes, kerbs, and road and surrounding surfaces definitely deliver what I expect from these tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall, it's a very nice track to drive. Besides, who really notices the quality of these marshals when they're really racing? ;)

I'm pretty sure this is going to be updated a couple of times before it's all said and done.

And yes, I believe the Reboot Team's tracks are probably the highest quality we have.
My point is not to **** on the guy....but if your gonna charge money...it's probably good practice to spend some time testing before you grab the cash....I'm not being a dick....
Overall, it's a very nice track to drive. Besides, who really notices the quality of these marshals when they're really racing? ;)

I'm pretty sure this is going to be updated a couple of times before it's all said and done.

And yes, I believe the Reboot Team's tracks are probably the highest quality we have.

Don't get me wrong...I don't really have a leg to stand on...what I do is spurious at best.....but I do it for my own enjoyment...and share for free because it's probably the only right thing to do....I just struggle understanding his logic at times....I should shut up as I'm being right now what I came to this forum to avoid....but come on....I'm not asking anybody here for money or kudos....I do it cause I like seeing people get the same joy I do ....that's all I can say really... without coming across as a dick

My point is not to **** on the guy....but if your gonna charge money...it's probably good practice to spend some time testing before you grab the cash....I'm not being a dick....

Don't get me wrong...I don't really have a leg to stand on...what I do is spurious at best.....but I do it for my own enjoyment...and share for free because it's probably the only right thing to do....I just struggle understanding his logic at times....I should shut up as I'm being right now what I came to this forum to avoid....but come on....I'm not asking anybody here for money or kudos....I do it cause I like seeing people get the same joy I do ....that's all I can say really... without coming across as a dick

I agree that things should have been more polished before it's first release. Very likely that URD pushed Mitja to release it--and considering it's been two years, I think he needs to be pushed. I think the important parts are covered, and these minor things will be addressed. I'm fine with someone wanting to charge for their mod, as long as the amount isn't ridiculous. I get it as I have offered free files to the 3D-printing community, with a very prominent "please donate" message, and not one cent. Not disappointed--I never expected anyone to do it. If you do charge something, people in that community can get very "nasty" about it, and if you sell a physical product online and list that it's a 3D printed item, people send messages asking for the STL files so they can print them themselves. I have to tell them my investors will not permit that. They then become irate, and send me these thesis-long explanations as to why I should share them.

Sorry to ask, ive look in discord without any success, so im asking the resident guru's here with a CSP question.
My problem is the heavy darkening of the windshield at night, its reducing to much vision for my liking, i know it wasn't always like that, so im guessing its an option in CSP somewhere..?
Could anyone help please.
too-dark.jpg

The vignette for lights is set in the PP filter Fred. You can adjust it by opening whatever pp .ini you're running, then adjusting the value in the line that says VIGNETTE.

Is anybody else in here using G-Sync with their monitor(s)? Just got upgraded and am having some really good experience. Wondering if anyone else is finding advantage to this. Currently running 2K 120hz FPS ~60. Can run 4K 120hz at around FPS ~40 but the G-Sync keeps it a fairly smooth run still.

Hi,

My approach to this was: last October, after almost a year of consideration, I finally selected a dozen modders and donated from USD$2 to USD$5, according to my judgement regarding the overall contribution of the modder, in the amount, quality, complexity and commitment conveyed by the mods I downloaded.

Not that I expected any feedback at all, but I heard back from only one, though, who surprised me with a preview of a WIP mod, released a couple of months later, which I found very nice.

The amount I spent in donations is about the same I did on the main game and later DLC's, but I never considered any of the payd mods, because this is not the model I intend to support.

Hope i could express this in english...
Yeah 10 pounds (11€) seems really high price for me, I buy the entire base game for 5€ on steam (how much tracks, how much cars in it?)
So i will not buy it.
On the other hand, take someone like Lilski, he produces 6 tracks in 5 years and get around 281 000 downloads, i will ask him, but like @Jimlloyd (someone for me like Lilski of Fat Alfie) said few pages before, nobody donates, it is a fact, he got 100 pounds in all the years he works for the communauty.

So Lilski should have something like that, something like 100 pounds for all his works and 281 000 downloads...
Unfair i think.

If everyone one of us give 10 cents, Lilski will have 28 100€, 10 cents is nothing for everyone of us individually, if we are here talking on a forum thread, it means that we got a computer, a connection to the internet, provider etc
So, is 10 cents that big?

There is something else, when we give, if we give 10 cents, we could think that we are stingy, or that we devalue the work of the person that made the track, that we should give to be fair something like 3€, but at the same time 3€ that multiplies all the tracks, cars, mods that we got, seems such a big number, so in the end we give nothing.
I got 210 tracks, if i give 3€ by tracks, i got 630€, pretty big number isn't it?
But if i give 10 cents, "just" 21€, 21€ for so much content, AC, 12 tracks for how much, the base game and some dlc, perhaps 40€
So 21€ for 210 tracks, and 12 tracks for 40€.
If for me 21€ is still too much, lets say 5 cents by tracks, i got 210 tracks for 10,5€, it is ok, isn't it.

Lets go back to Lilski, sorry guy, now, we give 5 cents, recession, you know, Lilski got 14 050€, is he happy or not with that?
Did he prefer nothing or 14 000€

So always better to give, even if it's not much, still better than nothing at all.

Modders take a lot of their time to give content for free, but it's time, it's lot of work, i really think that if we like something, that we use something, we should give something in exchange, it will encourage them, support them to continue the work they do and that we enjoy so much!

I know that people that's read this text on this forum, will not flame me and will be okay with that, they are mature people and ethical ones, so perhaps it is not the right place to say it.
On the other hand, i am not stupid, nowaday, lot of person download soundtrack, CD, DVD, movie, that got a price, for free on internet, so how could i expect that people that do not pay for pay content, donate for free content?

i'm naive but who know, sometimes writing can make a change, inception

Gift in this life, debt in the next :)

Thanks for this....these are very well made points...I will take everything you have stated on board ..and look again at this for sure

It's tricky for me to know exactly what to adjust and by how much....if I do decide to go ahead...any more data..you could provide would certainly help....

That said I hope you can also concede to the point that the telemetry data may also be throwing us a red herring...both games have different physics engine's..AC being notoriously weird when cars become weightless...at say the top of a rise like this

Can you try to be more specific about what you think needs to happen to make this correct...it's seems from the debates I have had it's not the height of the elevation..but perhaps how sharply it comes on....is this your feeling too...

Can you see how this gets tricky..many people have different perceptions of what it is they think is wrong or right

Jim

edit - don't suppose anyone here has the actual lidar data available so I can cross reference...I can go digging and do the work myself...this is just a call out to perhaps save me some time

Hey Jim, unfortunately I do not have data that could help you to improve the "hum". I did a shoutout in the group I am racing with regarding this and hopefully someone can help.

The whole thing got me curious enough to have a look at telemetry data but it will take me some time to set everything up (after my last main drive crash I am running on bare essentials on this machine).
As an initial idea - ACC and AC are VERY different in how detailed suspension, aero and particularly tires are simulated.
To make things a little more difficult also the data available in direct telemetry channels out of ACC is rather limited and one has to be creative and thorough to set up math channels that produce comparable data. It is possible to produce meaningful data sets but it is laborious and fraught with a lot of testing, proving and rethinking before meaningful data can be produced ... give me some time. I have dropped this on my long to do list of sim racing things ;-)

Regarding the character of the hump (elevation generally correct? vs how sharp the elevation changes) - this is extremely hard to describe or even translate into actionable data as of the very limited senses we have in sim racing (which is why 99% of comments such as "elevation changes on this mod track feels just like in real life" should really be taken with a grain of salt as visually there is very, very little to compare actual elevation changes from a computer screen (cue Nordschleife and talk to a few professional drivers who have had extensive track time there and compare it to their sim racing exploits, no matter how accurate the track data is in their racing sim).

Subjectively to me the difference feels like this:
- take a moderately powered, high downforce, high tire grip car like current GT3 car
- in ACC (as well as from descriptions of actual GT3 drivers who commented on this sector) this sector is almost driven without actually lifting (bar a very short lift to rotate the car at the gutter following with immediately applying throttle to power through the first left hand corner getting VEEERY close to the wall)
- in AC this rhythm is clearly disturbed - from memory of the FM7 track I'd say the hump comes on too early, too tall (it is a clearly perceptible fast elevation change while in ACC it is a much more gradual, less obvious and perceptibly less high elevation change
- when talking to critics with track knowledge often the comments are like "what is this hump doing here?" "There is no such hump on the track" (clearly as if this elevation change is not there at all in the actual track.

I keep referring to the ACC track often - the reason is that this Bathurst rendition is indeed the current reference track in sim racing both in terms of used laser scanned data and in very positive feedback of actual drivers.

For me personally I treat Bathurst currently this way:
- want to race the very most realsitic Bathurst but only with GT3 cars - race ACC
- want to race Bathurst with vintage cars - race your track conversion but hold one hand in front of my eyes, just squinting through the moment I arrive at the hump and take both hands on the wheel again the moment I scratch my door handle at the wall all the while loudly singing "Lalalalaaaallaalalalalalalaaalaaa" ;-)

I wish some day your FM7 track will become the reference Bathurst without controversy for AC use (I do need vintage Porsche cars around Bathurst).

Sorry to ask, ive look in discord without any success, so im asking the resident guru's here with a CSP question.
My problem is the heavy darkening of the windshield at night, its reducing to much vision for my liking, i know it wasn't always like that, so im guessing its an option in CSP somewhere..?
too-dark.jpg
Before you try to adjust the pp filter files, have a look at the different lighting adjustments both in the CM CSP section and the Sol config in game app which have different dedicated settings influencing your vision at night.
With the Sol config app start from page "0" and work your way through all pages regarding lighting (there is a ton of individualization).

Personally I like to keep the Sol config app as close to stock as possible and make changes to the CSP lighting settings first (convenience between Sol releases as I hate to having to reconfigure everything again).

Did anyone try the Porsche 911 SC/RS Gr.5 mod posted a few pages earlier?

2020-05-24 093806 screenshot.jpg

Unfortunately I was half way into using this base mod to make as close a replica as I could to render its super rare Porsche 911 SC/RS road going homologation car just to find out that the base mod is broken :-(

I get (among others) these error messages when running a session with the Porsche:

2020-05-24 093542 screenshot.jpg

The log files are also littered with diverse errors I have never seen before (just with this mod car, not with other cars, Kunos or mods).

So far I got this down to actually making it into the session (renaming some wheel related objects to Kunos standards with CAPITAL letters) but my best efforts so far have the car sitting (fully drivable mind you ) without its front wheels and I need to dig a lot deeper to find a fix.

Anyone did some diffing as well and would like to share?
Also does anyone have perhaps a good source for the actual cars original Fuchs wheels (the mod sadly comes with completely wrong wheels off of a 911 RSR 3.0 with entirely wrong dimensions to boot).

Here is the original mods link again should anyone like to tinker (btw a lot of very interesting cars on this site but so far the quality (visual and particularly physics wise) is veeeery spotty with the occasional complete fantasy car sprinkled in:

https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/grb

direct link:
https://sharemods.com/pb3l4l9xqhio/GrB_Porsche_911_SC_RS_86.7z.html

the actual lidar data available so I can cross reference...I can go digging and do the work myself...this is just a call out to perhaps save me some time

ELVIS website has publically available lidar data for the circuit https://elevation.fsdf.org.au/
It's not the highest resolution but might help you make your decision.
I tried to do the comparison myself but I am not much of a blender pilot. Would love to see the result, if you wouldn't mind posting it here.

For my 2c also the fm7 bump is wrong. I've driven a lot of laps in the iracing version and enough in acc without crashing but I regularly hit the outside wall after the bump in the fm7 version. Not sure if fm7 also simulates the heavy drinking at that part of the circuit?!

If I recall the road mesh for the circuit wasn't so dense in the fm7 version either. Any plans to give it some more character like you have for Donnington 38, for example? (edit: apologies, my memory failed me on this last point, was thinking of a different track.)

Last edited:
I think this is an invitation for you to do Twin Mortega and show him how it's done. Given how good the reboot tracks are, even if you decide to charge money for it, I am sure it will give him some competiton.

Is anybody else in here using G-Sync with their monitor(s)? Just got upgraded and am having some really good experience. Wondering if anyone else is finding advantage to this. Currently running 2K 120hz FPS ~60. Can run 4K 120hz at around FPS ~40 but the G-Sync keeps it a fairly smooth run still.

I use G-Sync and I love it. Gives me much better results than any combination of settings without it. 👍

The vignette for lights is set in the PP filter Fred. You can adjust it by opening whatever pp .ini you're running, then adjusting the value in the line that says VIGNETTE.
Ive opened a few different pp ini.. they all say VIGNETTE 0 on both
No matter which pp filter i use it dosn't change.
Must be either connected to sol weather or CSP option .. cant find anyway to get rid of it, so many options hard to know what the hell does what.

Hello
I found one solution to this problem:

Open file \assettocorsa\extension\weather\base\src\weather_application.lua

go to
function applyAmbient()

if not ac.isBouncedLightActive() then
ambientAdjColor:add(lightColor * (0.05 * math.saturate(lightDir.y * 2)))
end
ambientAdjColor:mul((CurrentConditions.lightTint + 1) / 2):adjustSaturation(CurrentConditions.saturation)
ambientAdjColor:scale(1 + CurrentConditions.clouds * 0.6)

-- additional code here
if ambientAdjColor < rgb(0.21, 0.21, 0.21) then
ambientAdjColor = rgb(0.21, 0.21, 0.21)
end
-- end of additional code

ac.setAmbientColor(ambientAdjColor)

Ok
Now, your track never more darkness!
Enjoy!

too-dark.jpg

Hello
I found one solution to this problem:

Open file \assettocorsa\extension\weather\base\src\weather_application.lua

go to
function applyAmbient()

if not ac.isBouncedLightActive() then
ambientAdjColor:add(lightColor * (0.05 * math.saturate(lightDir.y * 2)))
end
ambientAdjColor:mul((CurrentConditions.lightTint + 1) / 2):adjustSaturation(CurrentConditions.saturation)
ambientAdjColor:scale(1 + CurrentConditions.clouds * 0.6)

-- additional code here
if ambientAdjColor < rgb(0.21, 0.21, 0.21) then
ambientAdjColor = rgb(0.21, 0.21, 0.21)
end
-- end of additional code

ac.setAmbientColor(ambientAdjColor)

Ok
Now, your track never more darkness!
Enjoy!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back