Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Hi everyone

I've never modded before and I've checked out the Pembrey track fanapryde posted on the below page

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1113#post-13094889

...and it's the only version of Pembrey out there for Assetto and it'll do fine for me, i'm just wondering how I make a track skin for it which makes the grass and trees etc look a bit prettier.

I know it may sound a bit daft but is it a case of changing a grass asset or something in the track folder which assetto calls on when loading the track. Forgive my naivety if I've underestimated what is involved in making a track skin. And btw I am fully aware that making a track from scratch with all its bells and whistles is another level altogether. :)

Edit: Loving all of the quality stuff which is coming out of this thread btw - hats off to you all!

Thanks for the info - thats another question I had! But my doesnt pertain to the automatic turn on at a certain threshold, i may not have explained it well enough! Its when driving at night and all the stadium lights are on - but basically when i'm too far away on a certain part of the track, the lights turn off, and as I approach and get closer, they turn on, so it seems like a setting of distance, kind of like AI Flood distance but with the circuit.... does that make sense?

I understand what you mean, just rendering distance for casted track lights. I came here wondering about the same thing. I had thought it was a case of edit the FADE_AT value in the config but now I am not sure that this is correct or even works.

Daytona is for me very distracting at the moment because you can see large areas of the stadium and distant banked corner as you drive round. The lit up seating areas, track banking and other things pops in to view one section at time only a few hundred metres ahead of you, it could do with being something like twice the render distance or more for my liking.

I remember the old Daytona had the same thing where at a point within the in-field section of track, the light hitting the far banking track surface suddenly pops into view but it was fixed and now I am not sure if it was fixed in a later config update or if this is something else.

Hi,

My approach to this was: last October, after almost a year of consideration, I finally selected a dozen modders and donated from USD$2 to USD$5, according to my judgement regarding the overall contribution of the modder, in the amount, quality, complexity and commitment conveyed by the mods I downloaded.

Not that I expected any feedback at all, but I heard back from only one, though, who surprised me with a preview of a WIP mod, released a couple of months later, which I found very nice.

The amount I spent in donations is about the same I did on the main game and later DLC's, but I never considered any of the payd mods, because this is not the model I intend to support.

I just did the same last payday. felt good :)

Hope i could express this in english...
Yeah 10 pounds (11€) seems really high price for me, I buy the entire base game for 5€ on steam (how much tracks, how much cars in it?)
So i will not buy it.
On the other hand, take someone like Lilski, he produces 6 tracks in 5 years and get around 281 000 downloads, i will ask him, but like @Jimlloyd (someone for me like Lilski of Fat Alfie) said few pages before, nobody donates, it is a fact, he got 100 pounds in all the years he works for the communauty.

So Lilski should have something like that, something like 100 pounds for all his works and 281 000 downloads...
Unfair i think.

If everyone one of us give 10 cents, Lilski will have 28 100€, 10 cents is nothing for everyone of us individually, if we are here talking on a forum thread, it means that we got a computer, a connection to the internet, provider etc
So, is 10 cents that big?

There is something else, when we give, if we give 10 cents, we could think that we are stingy, or that we devalue the work of the person that made the track, that we should give to be fair something like 3€, but at the same time 3€ that multiplies all the tracks, cars, mods that we got, seems such a big number, so in the end we give nothing.
I got 210 tracks, if i give 3€ by tracks, i got 630€, pretty big number isn't it?
But if i give 10 cents, "just" 21€, 21€ for so much content, AC, 12 tracks for how much, the base game and some dlc, perhaps 40€
So 21€ for 210 tracks, and 12 tracks for 40€.
If for me 21€ is still too much, lets say 5 cents by tracks, i got 210 tracks for 10,5€, it is ok, isn't it.

Lets go back to Lilski, sorry guy, now, we give 5 cents, recession, you know, Lilski got 14 050€, is he happy or not with that?
Did he prefer nothing or 14 000€

So always better to give, even if it's not much, still better than nothing at all.

Modders take a lot of their time to give content for free, but it's time, it's lot of work, i really think that if we like something, that we use something, we should give something in exchange, it will encourage them, support them to continue the work they do and that we enjoy so much!

I know that people that's read this text on this forum, will not flame me and will be okay with that, they are mature people and ethical ones, so perhaps it is not the right place to say it.
On the other hand, i am not stupid, nowaday, lot of person download soundtrack, CD, DVD, movie, that got a price, for free on internet, so how could i expect that people that do not pay for pay content, donate for free content?

i'm naive but who know, sometimes writing can make a change, inception

Gift in this life, debt in the next :)

Yes, we have to express in english and it's more difficult for the no native speakers but here I go.

I like to think about forums, mods, modders as an oasis away from our "real life". A place of help. a place of share: where people bear a part in and nobody thinks about the damn money. No, it is not about money, is about enthusiasm, is about the joy of share your creation with others knowning others are going to enjoy.

It's the dreamed spirit of Internet where we become sometimes more pure and naif than in our ordinary life. A Voltaire's dream made true.

Besides, a modder works in his thing because he want to do so. The mods I made in my life were made to spend some hours in a state of hapiness and amusement. And also get the gratification of something you are done that fulfils (more or less) your need of create something. I would not want any money for that. If I share it, is because that is my will. Because is part of something good in my life and I decided to share with others. Money? Wtf!

It's important remember all the people in this world suffering from disease, famine, violence of all kinds.
Please, if we have to make donations, let's do to those who wont be able to ever know what a mod is.

I'm not saying ban donations to mods or whatever, you can do sometimes but plese dont allow that the idea: a mod means money.

Don't blend this concepts because the old good Internet spirit.

Last edited:
I'd gladly pay 10e if the East/West road course were present. But a tenner for two courses with ***** marshals ? That's too much. You're just asking people to ('illegally') share it for free.
Open donations would've been a better idea, but hey, I'm not the modder.

Well this thing has been looking to play with someone for ages......
Finally.
(The ATCC mod pack is very vey good)

Screenshot_broadspeedjaguar_final1_ks_silverstone_24-5-120-8-43-25.jpg
Screenshot_broadspeedjaguar_final1_ks_silverstone_24-5-120-8-45-4.jpg

Yes, we have to express in english and it's more difficult for the no native speakers but here I go.

I like to think about forums, mods, modders as an oasis away from our "real life". A place of help. a place of share: where people bear a part in and nobody thinks about the damn money. No, it is not about money, is about enthusiasm, is about the joy of share your creation with others knowning others are going to enjoy.

It's the dreamed spirit of Internet where we become sometimes more pure and naif than in our ordinary life. A Voltaire's dream made true.

Besides, a modder works in his thing because he want to do so. The mods I made in my life were made to spend some hours in a state of hapiness and amusement. And also get the gratification of something you are done that fulfils (more or less) your need of create something. I would not want any money for that. If I share it, is because that is my will. Because is part of something good in my life and I decided to share with others. Money? Wtf!

It's important remember all the people in this world suffering from disease, famine, violence of all kinds.
Please, if we have to make donations, let's do to those who wont be able to ever know what a mod is.

I'm not saying ban donations to mods or whatever, you can do sometimes but plese dont allow that the idea: a mod means money.

Well said! :cheers:

Was waiting for this track for a long time. The main layout looks really good and detailed .4/5 points.
But even this level is lower then twing ring in Race room, which costs far cheaper ! Raceroom Nordschleife costs 8usd, 2 usd cheaper then twing ring. Anyway, its nothing comparing what you expect and what you get.
Oval layout is my favourite from GT and best motoring. Just have a look at this newbie track building quality.
Track surface, curbs (on both layouts) made very very good . But background is so low.
Track was under construction for more then one year...really!? It doesnt costs 10 usd

tRRJaIuTFhY.jpg
Js1-EQvzR5g.jpg
YIAlFCa5eF4.jpg

I just love these old cars, i couldn't help myself to update this Jaguar XJS 1985 to a Bathurst paint.. i wish maybe those guys at ATTC could incorporate this model.
It still flickers on and off during replay.. not my field.. sadly.
I would be happy to give the skins, even though they are a rework..
preview.jpg

@ gamesux i will try that fix next thanks for a reply.

While I agree we shouldn't have to test things out for modders I get that sometimes things get missed - even if it was a lot of things that probably shouldn't have been. I dunno maybe he was tired or something.
I also don't see the harm in pointing things out if it's a worthy mod but now I've actually driven it more than 100 yards guess where it ended up ;).
It's got potential now that the basic errors have been corrected but the car still feels like it would blow away in a strong breeze. I can't remember the last time I drove a car that felt so light, like it's made of cardboard on a plywood chassis. Kind of hard to explain. Maybe it's a combination of grip and steering feel, but a complete physics overhaul might not be a bad idea if anyone was up for the challenge.

Funny you should mention this...there has been great debating going on about this in private since this conversion was done...all the research I can find says it was a Lazer scanned track...I'm inclined to think it's pretty accurate...a lot of guys who raced it I iracing were very adamant this rise is incorrect...i personally never tried the iracing version...only the fairly inaccurate rfactor2 version (the one ported to AC)...

Anyway since then the ACC version came out...and I have driven both back to back to back again and again...I gotta say...and I may be wrong...but to me they are almost identical with that very same rise present in both ...I'm not rulling it out...I will just need more convincing before I alter what is supposed to be accurate

Ps just so you know...the general consensus is split about 60/40 in favour for it being right as it is (this is only my ruff estimate on numbers of opinions)

But please go for it...I'm willing to be convinced other wise

Hey Jim,
Not sure if this helps, but I remember seeing a video on YouTube, around the time Bathurst DLC for ACC was launched, of a user who had ported the ACC Bathurst track to AC.

My Google fu has failed me in finding the video, perhaps someone could help me find it for you to analyse? Or perhaps we could reach out to the modder and request the track or track data to compare with the FM7 data?

There is a video of him driving the ACC Bathurst track in AC, so the tracks data should be available and could help verify the bumps existence, also if the track is in a workable state, perhaps you and the team could reboot the first ACC track into AC in a future project.

I’ll continue to look for the video and update my post accordingly.

Edit:
Found it ...

I saw it on YouTube a long while ago, but apparently it was posted here by a member of this very forum @Beezer215

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-851#post-13028962

Last edited:
I just love these old cars, i couldn't help myself to update this Jaguar XJS 1985 to a Bathurst paint.. i wish maybe those guys at ATTC could incorporate this model.
It still flickers on and off during replay.. not my field.. sadly.
I would be happy to give the skins, even though they are a rework..
preview.jpg

@ gamesux i will try that fix next thanks for a reply.
There is an excellent rendition of this over at assetto pedia. It also has some atcc skins. The Bathurst version runs great with current atcc cars.

Screenshot_20200524-112343.jpg

Last edited:
Muy CM magically reseted itself out of nowhere, I even had to put my key again.
Lost all of my preferences. Anyone else went though this recently?
happened to me too a few months ago, that's why I now have a backup of the whole CM folder I update from time to time.
oh, it resetted all the settings but I still had laptimes, sessions, etc, so everything was there, it only lost all the settings files

Hey Jim,
Not sure if this helps, but I remember seeing a video on YouTube, around the time Bathurst DCL for ACC was launched, a user had ported the ACC Bathurst track to AC. My Google fu has failed me in finding the video, but it’s there for sure, perhaps someone could help find it, then we could reach out to him for the track or track data?

There is a video of him driving the ACC Bathurst track in AC so the tracks data would verify this bump issue, and if the track is in a workable state, maybe you guys could reboot that in a future project.

I’ll continue to look for the video and update accordingly.

EDit:
Wow... I saw it on YouTube but it was apparently a member from here!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-851#post-13028962

Ok this could make life a hell of a lot easier...and help me get this spot on....I'm reaching out to whomever this is...please if you can send me this in private...I will be able to make the corrections quickly and more importantly accurately

I got 210 tracks, if i give 3€ by tracks, i got 630€, pretty big number isn't it?
I got more , but many of them are conversions without permission.
If you count all the originals that have a professional level (Lilski, Sergio Loro, Fat-Alfie, and a few..) it would cost you about 21 euros a year.
I will buy all ACC DLC because I know the level they produce...

Last edited:
Muy CM magically reseted itself out of nowhere, I even had to put my key again.
Lost all of my preferences. Anyone else went though this recently?

This happened to me as well. Freaked me the hell out, because I thought everything was reset. Luckily it was just some of the settings but when it first happened, I almost re-installed... completely. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't an issue local to my system. My system crashed right before CM updated, while I was racing. Did anyone else experience the issue with the PC crashing first? I'm just curious.

Thanks for rt_daytona. Excellent work. Is there ANY NASCAR mod out there that does not drag its cars' rear ends (in sparks) when going around the trioval bankings? Happens with other banked tracks so it's the NASCAR car mods. If they all do it...is there some setting adjustment possible inside their data folder (perhaps in the suspension.ini) that lift them higher?

Last edited:
Thanks for rt_daytona. Excellent work. Is there ANY NASCAR mod out there that does not drag its cars' rear ends (in sparks) when going around the trioval bankings? Happens with other banked tracks so it's the NASCAR car mods. If they all do it...is there some setting adjustment possible inside their data folder (perhaps in the suspension.ini) that lift them higher?
Hey...I'm sorry I don't..there are a few crappy ports around...but seems you already have these

Its quite low of you to compare spending money on a mod to people with disease, world hunger etc. How far do you have to reach just to say you disagree with paying for mods.

I understand both sides of this argument and I have tried to stay out of this because some of the comments annoyed me and I tend to say dumb things once im annoyed but seriously, he has worked on this for 2 years, in my private talks with him I know he has spent a lot of money on this project. I've been modding since 2015, I have spent nearly £4000 on getting as much information as possible for my mods. I have received £0 donations in that time. Chivas had received nothing until Charles had to plead for money because his house burnt down.

My mods will always be free, I'm not aiming to ever get a profit but I can understand why someone would charge a mere £10 for thousands of hours of work. Modding is getting more and more complex, more effort is required for each generation.

Was waiting for this track for a long time. The main layout looks really good and detailed .4/5 points.
But even this level is lower then twing ring in Race room, which costs far cheaper ! Raceroom Nordschleife costs 8usd, 2 usd cheaper then twing ring. Anyway, its nothing comparing what you expect and what you get.
Oval layout is my favourite from GT and best motoring. Just have a look at this newbie track building quality.
Track surface, curbs (on both layouts) made very very good . But background is so low.
Track was under construction for more then one year...really!? It doesnt costs 10 usd

View attachment 923446 View attachment 923447 View attachment 923448
Yeah... the whole situation is such a mess.

Hi GT members... trust you're enjoying your racing fix...

Have been driving this mod for a little while now, and have enjoyed it quite a bit.
1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1998-bmw-320i-stw-btcc.32489/

Here's a set of
ADVAN Racing Team (fictional) liveries, enjoy.
View attachment 923343

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1998-bmw-320i-stw-btcc-advan-racing-teams.33293/

Thanks very much for these, they look excellent.
The 320i STW-BTCC is one of my favourite cars to drive in AC, even in its current unfinished state. Just been racing a huge pack of them around TRM and it was superb. Both car and track are optimised really well.
It's a little bit frustrating that progress on the BTCC pack has been so slow, but I guess good things come to he who waits.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back