Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,325 comments
Does anybody know if there is an improved AI for Barber Motorsport Park from VRC? It's such a fun track and with the skin from DeltaOn from RD it looks amazing. But the AI is a disaster.

Mid Ohio v1.1
Terra21, nagp smoothed / Fixed By Assetto-fr.tk

Fix: a hole out of the pits.
Remove grass kn5 and add 3dgrass
add vao patch

nagp_mid_ohio.png
Got a link?

Does anybody know if there is an improved AI for Barber Motorsport Park from VRC? It's such a fun track and with the skin from DeltaOn from RD it looks amazing. But the AI is a disaster.

I'd love an update of the AI as well. They all dog-pile in the first turn for me. I can't remember the other track I bought from them for some reason.

Thats because you’re searching that word, not the tag. There are commands to search with brand, autor, tag, etc. Put the mouse over the filters and you will see all the commands. In you’re case you can put tag: DTM instead of DTM alone.

Btw, that Audi is not from the DTM you know? It’s IMSA GTO. :lol:

Where is my head Audi=DTM no :dunce::D stupid knows the diff.

Do you mean tag (#)? why cant I think.

Jaukkonen is right. If you look in the description of the M30, you can see the DTM it finds. I always use "tag:#GT3" (or whatever).
I bet if you did the tag:#DTM it would show up for sure.
(Xedrox beat me to it as well.)

So the even only the folder name could have a 'tag' of sorts by name and shows up. Silly.
I'll try the #
TY :ouch:

Concerning the 1975-1985 layout for Watkins Glen, here the definitive answer of Lilski:
"Yeah the idea of the 70s chicane is pretty much dead in the water. There was some additional track added for the chicane entrance that is no longer there. And I am not going to modify the track layout just for this. So you will have to stick to the esses how they were intended to be driven ;)"

1590463386351.png

1590463445773.png

Just to know if i'm up to date (i don't have downloaded in time the 3.0 before the take down). Latest version of the full mod available on their website was the 2.6 featuring supercars_ford, supercars_holden, supercars_holden_zb and supercars_nissan right?
Yes, it appears they took the mustang that was floating around and updated it a little, added skins from 2020 season to all cars and called it a 3.0 update. They even didn't change the version to 3.0 on cars, which all stayed the same.

So as Gibbons said, enormous publicity for what is basically a skin pack.

This is indeed a newer version than the one that I apparently have on my drive. However, my one has a bunch of additional skins that seem to work with it (mainly 2020 cars). If anybody wants these extra skins, I'd be happy to upload them somewhere.

That Would be great to have extra skins for this Mustang , are they different to the ones that come with the download ???

Please be aware that there are 2 completely different tracks available for AC, both named "Circuito da Boavista". One is the historic track (1951-1960) and the other one is the modern track, which was revived in 2005.
... and the modern one the folder name 'boavista'. Obviously both mods are from Gilles75. I agree that the old one is very poor. The modern track is quite nice.
And ACF (Assetto Corsa Fanboy) made one additional version too. Imo way better then gilles75 version.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-998#post-13068440

I updated or mainly "fixed" a lot of his stuff too. Maybe we @Teddie have to combine them? :)
I´ve still some in my drawer, waiting for more time and a push to get working on them again, becuase it´s mostly a pain in the as working on them. ;)

For sure some other ones have tried some improvents on his tracks too. I remember Lienz posted here from different ones working on same track mainly at same time.
Some of my fixes are posted here in main thread, some also on f1classic.forumnation
Most of gilles75 stuff are really odd, some aren´t imo even pre-alpha and hardly to fix or worth it. But some are really unique and could be polished a bit more.

Hello fellas, been away from the forum for a little while. Nice to be back and caught up from page 860 (took me a few days haha)

Saw this on a FB group:
"For those of you that missed out on downloading V8Corsa before they took the mod down"
https://mega.nz/folder/Ad8HiAoZ#nCVblnqnGG-rO7zYRDUnEA

@eklchan90, would you mind reupping what you had. I know it was 2.6, but I just noticed I only have 2.5. The link you have up there is dead. Thanks much.

And ACF (Assetto Corsa Fanboy) made one additional version too. Imo way better then gilles75 version.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-998#post-13068440

I updated or mainly "fixed" a lot of his stuff too. Maybe we @Teddie have to combine them? :)
I´ve still some in my drawer, waiting for more time and a push to get working on them again, becuase it´s mostly a pain in the as working on them. ;)

Definitely, man, would love to get our fixes/improvements together. Only thing I'm concerned about is, and I know a lot of his tracks were not so 'cleanly' acquired or created by him, but we still consider them pay-mods, right? I don't want to break the rules or get our awesome community here in trouble. What do folks think?

Most of gilles75 stuff are really odd, some aren´t imo even pre-alpha and hardly to fix or worth it. But some are really unique and could be polished a bit more.

Totally agree. I was disappointed in the quality of the tracks for the most part, but I was not disappointed in the fact that I really did not have most of the tracks already and some were really interesting. I think I had maybe 2 of the 100 I bought from him already.

For sure some other ones have tried some improvents on his tracks too. I remember Lienz posted here from different ones working on same track mainly at same time.
Some of my fixes are posted here in main thread, some also on f1classic.forumnation

Yeah the only boavista I had before last night was the ACF one and it’s fine. It’s definitely a conversion of the same source material that the Gilles75 modern boavista is. It’s actually a really good example of how nice a converted track can be if you give it some time to bake in the oven before you serve it to customers. ACF did a good job with that conversion and Gilles75 seems to just do the absolute bare minimum to get a track viewable in game and then says “yep this is worth charging actual money for”

As for “port”, I knew that layout felt different and didn’t know who actually made it but what I saw there... the rest of the incompetence involved with the track blinded me to the fact that it was supposed to be representing a track of a different era. It turns out that I did already have that track but it had slipped under the radar for me because I’ve been excluding those “track from a different era” ones from this comparison project for the most part. Like for example I’d consider Porto58 a different track from the modern version because the layout is different etc. now if there were two different versions of 1958 Portuguese Grand Prix tracks I’d compare those to each other.

This track though was so unfinished I didn’t even realize that it was supposed to be the ‘58 track until I did some research on its existence.

2.6 versions. 2018 & 2020 skins.

Mustang has one 2019 skin (with a 2018 livery icon for some reason) & a bunch of 2020.

You can get the other 2019 Mustang skins above (replace the one in this zip). None of the other cars have 2019 skins so the Mustang one's are kind of pointless.

They're free mods so i don't believe i'm doing anything wrong. Let me know if i am & i'll delete.

Untitled-gigapixel-scale-2x.png

https://sharemods.com/4csoeejmffwm/V8Supercars_2.6.zip.html

Edit: Just checked, the 2020 Mustang skins are exactly the same but updated versions of the 2019 one's, so don't bother with the 2019 skins in the post further up.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I think I had both of the previous versions but binned them. This is a big improvement. It's very bright and overexposed though - any thoughts about de-yellowing the grass and maybe darkening the tarmac?
Some GrassFX grass would be a great addition too.

Are there any special tweaks that need to be done to get GrassFX working well in VR? I tried it a few months ago and my VR performance tanked. I know you’re a pretty extensive user of CSP and VR so you’ve probably got some good settings tweaks you’ve made to improve performance and I’m curious what you’re using.

Personally I’m usually pretty careful about not updating CSP unless there’s a real reason to, do I’m still on 0.1.49.

Ok so here's what happened. I was sent 2 tracks, one here, and one in a PM. They were 2 different Boavistas, this one, and the Gilles75 one. I originally replied to the thread with the following message:

Dude, do you like inflicting pain? I'll leave my full impressions at the end of my next volume but lets just say it's not good.

Please no one pay for this track.

I got confused and tried the Gilles75 version thinking it was the one in the link you sent. Then I realized my mistake and removed the message so I could try the correct track.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and I'm pretty sure you didn't make that track since you often point out that you are not a modder, but just to be clear, what I'm about to say isn't personal.

That was the worst AC mod track I've ever seen.

My intention was contribute, was helping in someway. I even didn't remember how good or bad the track was.
Maybe didn't bin it because it is a portuguese track, used during WTCC.

Anyway, don't worry, Surelly I won't bother you for anything, anymore. So sorry for wasting your precious professional time.

Cheers,

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back