Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,796 comments
@Paulo Ribeiro

We have been "noob" also so you will continue to learn as we are numerous to still learning (with new mistakes)... everytime !

Don't forget a thing, It's a "repentant geek" who's writing to you, a "geek" who has made huge errors by updating constantly too much, too early..!
I lost time, I lost nerves, I lost energy and finally... I lost huge time to play ! ^^

I suggest you to show us (and It's not an obligation) a screen of "content"... maybe some wrong folders or files might not be in their correct places.

;)

Last edited:
30 Pits for Jacarepagua Historic.
If I'm not mistaken, these are cameras for the version of Jacarepagua 1988 converted from Automobilista?
In GameStockCar has an earlier version of Jacarepagua (1979?)
I have long tried to find this particular version for AC, but failed. Your post reminded me of this track, and I tried searching again, but still nothing. However, maybe someone knows about the existence of such a converted for AC?

If I'm not mistaken, these are cameras for the version of Jacarepagua 1988 converted from Automobilista?
In GameStockCar has an earlier version of Jacarepagua (1979?)
I have long tried to find this particular version for AC, but failed. Your post reminded me of this track, and I tried searching again, but still nothing. However, maybe someone knows about the existence of such a converted for AC?

Hi,

I too have been looking for this version forever. I had it and got lost at some point. I think it was Malagolli who made it but it seems he deleted it from everywhere. If someone have it, please share it. I'm from Rio and watched a lot of races in that layout, including from that tower :)

@Paulo Ribeiro

We have been "noob" also so you will continue to learn as we are numerous to still learning (with new mistakes)... everytime !

Don't forget a thing, It's a "repentant geek" who's writing to you, a "geek" who has made huge errors by updating constantly too much, too early..!
I lost time, I lost nerves, I lost energy and finally... I lost huge time to play ! ^^

I suggest you to show us (and It's not an obligation) a screen of "content"... maybe some wrong folders or files might not be in their correct places.

;)

Thanks for your words.
Here is the content folder.
wxd0.png

Not going to lie I haven't 100% finished any mod I have started haha, I get distracted but this one is nearly done, I need someone to help with the physics and a texture expert to steer me as to why some texture maps are perfect in 3dsimed but I wrong in kseditor and I can't correct. Pm me if you can help and of course I will put a link here, today hopefully. Cheers

Here are some of the cars I am working on to entice people to help, sorry for the video quality I'm no youtuber...

Fantastic :eek::drool:
I see Porsche, Jaguars, Sauber, Peugeot .... What other cars?

Bazza's media fire account just got DMCA'd by SimDream and had his download for the 1500cc Mod taken down, by the way.

unknown.png

Who and Why is this SimDream group so powerful to take down some good mods? Glad I have this car mod. I bet Bazza is not too
pleased with what is going on. I thought this car mod was Bazza's own original work? I guess we better start grabbing our
favorite mods now, cause they may be taken down in the near future by this idiotic group. Too bad.

Bazza's media fire account just got DMCA'd by SimDream and had his download for the 1500cc Mod taken down, by the way.

unknown.png

Oh boy, here we go.

Who and Why is this SimDream group so powerful to take down some good mods? Glad I have this car mod. I bet Bazza is not too
pleased with what is going on. I thought this car mod was Bazza's own original work? I guess we better start grabbing our
favorite mods now, cause they may be taken down in the near future by this idiotic group. Too bad.

And this of course.
But there is more to it. It works for some cars, doesn't for others. I have no idea why.
E.g. the URD DTM (T5) cars don't have anything like it in their data folder and still it is not possible to shift in neutral of reverse without a complete stand still.
Not that this is perfect, but close. Kunos should have implemented a way to shift into neutral by means of a button dedicated key. A lot of racing cars IRL have this function.

Other example: the BAC mono does not have this protection in the data folder but the behaviour is different. You can downshift too fast but only into 1st gear. Neutral and reverse is impossible unless coming to a complete stand still.

But what I suggested does work for some cars surely because it used to bother me that I accidentally shifted in neutral in hairpin corners. I managed to 'fix' several cars this way. Thing is that I can't remember which ones...

Edit: found it again in my notes: to prevent the shifting into neutral while moving, you need this line added:
LOCK_N=0

That line is also on by default in the nissan gt3, here is its section

[DOWNSHIFT_PROTECTION]
ACTIVE=0
DEBUG=0 ; adds a line in the log for every missed downshift
OVERREV=200 ; How many RPM over the limiter the car is allowed to go
LOCK_N=0

but it still happily slams into reverse while moving forward. (i did rename the data.acd) so guess must be somewhere else still

have a mclaren 720s by "whistleblower39" that does not even have a downshift protection section at all and it works perfectly. have to come to a complete stop to shift to neutral or reverse. maybe the data from that car helps us track it down?

[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[TRACTION]
TYPE=RWD ; Wheel drive. Possible options: FWD (Front Wheel Drive), RWD (Rear Wheel Drive)

[GEARS]
COUNT=6 ; forward gears number
GEAR_R=-3.455 ; rear gear ratio
; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=2.692
GEAR_2=2.0625
GEAR_3=1.6875
GEAR_4=1.4210
GEAR_5=1.2380
GEAR_6=1.0925

FINAL=3.0666 ; final gear ratio

[DIFFERENTIAL]
POWER=0.65 ; differential lock under power. 1.0=100% lock - 0 0% lock
COAST=0.45 ; differential lock under coasting. 1.0=100% lock 0=0% lock
PRELOAD=80 ; preload torque setting

[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=100 ; change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=150 ; change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=130 ; Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0 ; 1=Car supports shifter, 0=car supports only paddles
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=800 ;range window additional to the precise rev matching rpm that permits gear engage.
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.4 ;multiplayer for gas,brake,clutch pedals that permits gear engage on different rev matching rpm. the lower the more difficult.
INERTIA=0.016 ; gearbox inertia. default values to 0.02 if not set

[CLUTCH]
MAX_TORQUE=820

[AUTOCLUTCH]
UPSHIFT_PROFILE=NONE ; Name of the autoclutch profile for upshifts. NONE to disable autoclutch on shift up
DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE=DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE ; Same as above for downshifts
USE_ON_CHANGES=1 ; Use the autoclutch on gear shifts even when autoclutch is set to off. Needed for cars with semiautomatic gearboxes. values 1,0
MIN_RPM=1550 ; Minimum rpm for autoclutch engadgement
MAX_RPM=2400 ; Maximum rpm for autoclutch engadgement
FORCED_ON=0

[UPSHIFT_PROFILE]
POINT_0=20 ; Time to reach fully depress clutch
POINT_1=110 ; Time to start releasing clutch
POINT_2=120 ; Time to reach fully released clutch

[DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE]
POINT_0=10 ; Time to reach fully depress clutch
POINT_1=160 ; Time to start releasing clutch
POINT_2=200 ; Time to reach fully released clutch

[AUTOBLIP]
ELECTRONIC=1 ; If =1 then it is a feature of the car and cannot be disabled
POINT_0=10 ; Time to reach full level
POINT_1=50 ; Time to start releasing gas
POINT_2=80 ; Time to reach 0 gas
LEVEL=0.8 ; Gas level to be reached

[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=7400
DOWN=3800
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.95
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.190

I'm enjoying all of the Group C talk.
Just a heads up, the Dan Busca Nissan R91CP was updated 4 days ago on the ORS FB page. The DL link is in the comments of the photo album (I know many of you don't have FB, but not sure if I'm allowed to post his Mega link here??)
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Assetto...m&album_id=2395862943760256&ref=page_internal

94224533_3335217153158159_6272437957827756032_o.jpg

Hello,
i have a couple of early 90's Prototype C (coming from Virtua_LM), converted from Kenneth (DKS) am physics redone by me. These are: Allard J2X-C, Nissan P35 (not the NP35), Jaguar XJR-12, Jaguar XJR-14, Peugeot 905 EVO 2, Toyota TS010, Chevy Intrepid, Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo from 1990. I have also from LTK the Nissan GTP from 1985 and Nissan R91CP (also R92CP) also physics done by me because the dan bucsa and rtm are rubbish physics... Are you interested in these cars?
Yes, please!!! I would love to have those :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back