Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,036 comments
Hello, after tweaking the start finish sign with the correct name, i decided to re-work the speed corner sings. This is how they came out, can i ask someone with the knowledge of lighting, ? Is there any way to make the numbers light up around the track so they stand out and are easily seen, and during the night.
jjjj.jpg

Use config app in game and manually add them in the existing config or make a new one... Use object selector in game to find mesh and materials names.

Look at other configs for examples.

[LIGHT_SERIES_0]
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=
ACTIVE=
DESCRIPTION=
MESHES=
OFFSET=
DIRECTION=
SPOT=
SPOT_SHARPNESS=
RANGE=
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=
FADE_AT=
FADE_SMOOTH=
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=
COLOR=
COLOR_OFF=
CONDITION=

[LIGHT_SERIES_1]
ACTIVE=
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=
DESCRIPTION=
MATERIALS=
OFFSET=
DIRECTION=
SPOT=
SPOT_SHARPNESS=
RANGE=
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=
FADE_AT=
FADE_SMOOTH=
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=
COLOR=
CONDITION=

[LIGHT_SERIES_2]
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=
ACTIVE=
DESCRIPTION=
MESHES=
OFFSET=
DIRECTION=
SPOT=
SPOT_SHARPNESS=
RANGE=
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=
FADE_AT=
FADE_SMOOTH=
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=
COLOR=

You have to open up and edit the cfg file while in game, it's pretty easy to just add a light then tab up the cfg file and make edits that are seen in real time in game (ctrl + s), same for skin configs on cars. Ideally with the distance to corner signs you'd want a texture that has an alpha then the actual mesh would be used in the light configuration, then you could add another light for ambient if you wish.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to make having the roof down the default setup on that GeroDa Alfa Spider Veloce?
I've had a good plough through the data file and the config folder and tried a few things but no joy.
It'd be nice not having to do it every time (because, seriously - who wants to drive a converible with the roof up in AC..?)

Old news, maybe, but new news to me - I just discovered you can change the sun’s position at a track, by editing lighting.ini, lol.
I thought that was baked into the track, for the longest time. A lot of tracks have the sun coming from the completely wrong direction, compared to the reality, and it transforms a lot of them, to see the sun in the right place!

A small thing, but it can have a big effect on a track’s ambience.

Old news, maybe, but new news to me - I just discovered you can change the sun’s position at a track, by editing lighting.ini, lol.
I thought that was baked into the track, for the longest time. A lot of tracks have the sun coming from the completely wrong direction, compared to the reality, and it transforms a lot of them, to see the sun in the right place!

A small thing, but it can have a big effect on a track’s ambience.

Sun position should be OK if your geo tags are correct, no ?

They're utterly gorgeous, aren't they?
I wish Geroda74 has spent a little time smoothing some of the geometry in the cockpit and filling in the gaps around the windows. The seat textures are seriously lo-fi as well.
I wonder what game it was ripped from? The model is way below FM/FH standards. I guess you need to go Gold to get the tip-top stuff maybe.
I'm guessing there's a way to drop the roof as well, but there's no ReadMe in the folder.

Edit: aha, just found Accessories/Roof in the pre-race set-up.

You'd think though if you were asking people for £50 for a car, you would make a few free ones that were perfect to give faith that the paid ones were great too?
That's how i would do it anyway...(and Pessio/RSS it seems would agree)
Seems a bit silly to me.

Another track I tried to improve a while ago.
As ever, tips and hints are welcome, preferably in pm.

Algarve (Simbin). Update on AC Trackreboot version.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bwhn349h7e6wyzh/Algarve_v1.5_by_ZWISS.rar/file

I deleted all the double road meshes (almost 50%).
Fixed and grouped the trees.
Reduced the number of materials.
Make a simple collision mesh.
Remodelled the pitbuilding in 3DSMAX (it was far too high, still not perfect)
Added cams by DaBaeda.
Reshuffled and reduced the garage items to look more real.
Added some dark (new) patches to the road.
Added self made start tower, will improve it in future.

Grtz

Thanks Zwiss, great update.

You'd think though if you were asking people for £50 for a car, you would make a few free ones that were perfect to give faith that the paid ones were great too?
That's how i would do it anyway...(and Pessio/RSS it seems would agree)
Seems a bit silly to me.
Yeah, I thought the same. It certainly didn't encourage me to go gold.

Adjust the rear view mirror with BLM car to create a config for it, then find the config in:
*yourpc*\documents\assetto corsa\cfg\extension\real_mirrors
and add FLIP=1 to the mirror in question as a line in the config
Thanks, I had not installed BLM thinking it would conflict with SOL

Another track I tried to improve a while ago.
As ever, tips and hints are welcome, preferably in pm.

Algarve (Simbin). Update on AC Trackreboot version.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bwhn349h7e6wyzh/Algarve_v1.5_by_ZWISS.rar/file

I deleted all the double road meshes (almost 50%).
Fixed and grouped the trees.
Reduced the number of materials.
Make a simple collision mesh.
Remodelled the pitbuilding in 3DSMAX (it was far too high, still not perfect)
Added cams by DaBaeda.
Reshuffled and reduced the garage items to look more real.
Added some dark (new) patches to the road.
Added self made start tower, will improve it in future.

Grtz

Thanks Zwiss. Man, the double road meshes. Was that what was causing the shirtty FPS on that track?

And if the track as the proper (north) orientation in game, then yes.
Track orientation could be correct on many, but I think the solar positioning can still also be overridden, with different values in a lighting.ini file.

Last edited:
Was there any ever tracks released using the smoke generating as seen in Ilja Jusupov's :bowdown: video here?

I'd like to add some flares to a street circuit, see if I can get some sort of NFS vibe going.

In other news. Mallory park and all of it's layouts should be out on RD sometime next week :)

upload_2020-6-30_17-3-3.png

Thanks to everyone on Patreon for the help testing this etc. It's looking really good now.

upload_2020-6-30_17-6-12.png

Testing is going super well(ish)!

upload_2020-6-30_17-15-39.png

And also a big thanks to @Mike08 for the help with Willow Springs it's looking superb now. I will aim to get this update out before the weekend.

upload_2020-6-30_17-7-23.png

@Masscot I might package your balloon file into the update if that's okay?

I've been having great fun with the STflow shader and am slowly perfecting the art of RGB track lights.

upload_2020-6-30_17-9-2.png

I've also been working on Foliage generation, as it;s been pointed out in the past that my trees could do with some work.
I've discovered the 'render trees' plugin for photoshop. So all of the trees on my Croce Dei Colodri track have all been randomly generated through that. I think they look okay, but some improvement is still needed.

upload_2020-6-30_17-12-43.png

Speaking of trees, is there anybody out there that has some very simple 3D trees? i'm a bit tired of the one in RTB and would like to play around making some of my own, but if there is any free low poly tree meshes out there that anybody would be willing to share i'd appreciate it.

upload_2020-6-30_17-14-24.png

That's about it :lol:

Guys, I decided to put my whole AC installation to a virgin SSD. Could you guide me how to do it? I assume to advice steam a whole new Install folder, install AC completely from scratch and then copy all my files over? What about the documents folder?

Guys, I decided to put my whole AC installation to a virgin SSD. Could you guide me how to do it? I assume to advice steam a whole new Install folder, install AC completely from scratch and then copy all my files over? What about the documents folder?

I kept the original copy of mine then >
Copied the whole folder to the new drive then >
Told steam to point to the new folder then >
Verified files then >
Recopied my original back on top to undo anything the verify files did to any custom changes I did... tags, naming, etc.
Test test test.

Probably not the best way, but felt good :)

Was there any ever tracks released using the smoke generating as seen in Ilja Jusupov's :bowdown: video here?

@Masscot I might package your balloon file into the update if that's okay?

Re the smoke, yes, soon. Big awesome track that's looking superb.

Re the balloons, help yourself mate, that's why I did them. :)

Sure PM me anytime bud.
The reason U may want to leave the CSV files is in case someone wants to re-make the AI line, or if U decide to redo it sometime in the future. That way U don't have to make the limits again.
ur 1st effort was MORE than OK :-) go for it 👍

EDIT: The reason the file came out @ 0KB a few times: I found that when U 1st start recording it makes multiple lines during 1st 2 or 3 laps. once U start the lap where the other lines U made disappear, from then on when U complete that lap, the game will be able to save the AI candidate file. I don't know what it does that for, but that's the only way around it for me :confused: so don't try too hard during those 1st few laps because it won't matter.

Awesome advice, much appreciated....

Original Everland (Yongin) AI download link updated with CSV files or get it below:

https://mega.nz/file/f45V2TaY#cz3PTfySYsUMyxbmPROV2s6PVl_USBqNeVwdkRAZoow

Thanks Zwiss. Man, the double road meshes. Was that what was causing the shirtty FPS on that track?
That was part of the problem for sure as well as the single trees and double tree meshes.
But I think there is still room for improvement.

That was part of the problem for sure as well as the single trees and double tree meshes.
But I think there is still room for improvement.
Not sure if the groove could be lowered closer to the track but as you approach the brows of hills you can see a thin layer of 'fog' above the road.
This is a hangover from the Reboot version, it's nothing you've added.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back