Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
Thanks to @pitsch83 for the heads-up about the missing extensions files in some of my past track edits.

Updated links in the following posts with repackaged full tracks, with fixes, as well as associated extension files:
* https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1358#post-13155195
* https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1317#post-13144674

There may be more that I need to update, but wanted to get these out to you guys before I eat dinner.

Side note, I'm currently working on fixing the AI count issue on Croix-en-Ternois. I'll post later and will make sure to also include any extension files for that track in the zip package.

Cheers my friends.

You probably already know that uppercase characters in folder names cause CM to not records statistics. Your Monaco rally track edit folder name is in capitals, may have been like that before you edited? 👍

You probably already know that uppercase characters in folder names cause CM to not records statistics. Your Monaco rally track edit folder name is in capitals, may have been like that before you edited? 👍

Yeah, it was like that before. I should have thought about lower-casing them, but that's how CHiQuiFReaKy names all his tracks apparently. (Shibuya_GRiD, San_Francisco_GRiD, etc.)

preview.jpg
https://sharemods.com/0ouv40193iga/86_meyershank_imsa_2020.rar.html

preview.jpg

https://sharemods.com/a7yy16y6jmq8/57_heinricher_imsa_2020.rar.html

I just modify 2 skin of the Honda NSX GT3 ACC

Changelog:
Add number plate

I will add it to the other skins too
enjoy

lol, indeed. Man, I've really been considering getting one of those batch renamer programs and just run a global format replacement to lower-case for everything in my tracks folder for myself personally. Wonder if anyone has done that.
I do it all the time, well every couple of weeks I run it and surprisingly there's always at least one folder that I have missed that gets caught and renamed lower case. I use Total Commander. It's a very comprehensive file manager that does all sorts including multi renaming lower case etc.

Guys, as of a couple of days ago, I've started forcing myself to run full races on tracks by doing alphabet custom championships with a series of 6 or so tracks per championship. Otherwise, I spend way too much time analyzing tracks and stopping a race to fix something. I'm going in reverse-alphabetical order. So, for example, for the Z Championship (I'm such a nerd), I'm making sure all tracks starting with the letter Z are fully functional before I start the championship, because I set up 20 mile races per track with calculated AI mid-pits, and it sucks to find out a track doesn't work correctly in the middle of a championship season.

So with that said, I'm in the Z Championship and will do Y afterwards. (I'll probably ask again when I get up in the letters, so sorry for any annoyance in advance) :P
Now, with that said, am I missing any Z or Y tracks that you have that I don't or ones you would suggest I install/include? Don't knock the Yoshi tracks. Fun with karts :P - Also, If you see anything *I* have that you need, just shoot me a message.
upload_2020-6-30_18-8-58.png

Thanks friends.

Watched a rerun of the 1982 F1 race at Spielberg earlier today, so then hopped in Prost's 1982 Renault RE30B to see if I could finish the race against a field of '82 cars.
If anyone asks, being able to do stuff like this is why I love sim racing.

BTW, I've got four different Oesterreichring/Spielberg tracks from that era and none of them have GrassFX added. That can't be right, can it?

Guys, as of a couple of days ago, I've started forcing myself to run full races on tracks by doing alphabet custom championships with a series of 6 or so tracks per championship. Otherwise, I spend way too much time analyzing tracks and stopping a race to fix something. I'm going in reverse-alphabetical order. So, for example, for the Z Championship (I'm such a nerd), I'm making sure all tracks starting with the letter Z are fully functional before I start the championship, because I set up 20 mile races per track with calculated AI mid-pits, and it sucks to find out a track doesn't work correctly in the middle of a championship season.

So with that said, I'm in the Z Championship and will do Y afterwards. (I'll probably ask again when I get up in the letters, so sorry for any annoyance in advance) :P
Now, with that said, am I missing any Z or Y tracks that you have that I don't or ones you would suggest I install/include? Don't knock the Yoshi tracks. Fun with karts :P - Also, If you see anything *I* have that you need, just shoot me a message.
View attachment 936364
Thanks friends.

- Zwickau Grand Prix
- Zhejiang
:)

2019 Aston Martin DSB Superleggera - Definitive Edition
by Chivas Autoart

Huge changelog.

View attachment 936279

https://chivas-autoart.wixsite.com/home/download-lac

The car has been vastly improved compared to the initial release, went to the bin initially. With this release right off the bat you notice how much it has improved graphically and physics-wise. Though some issues still remain with the the auto shift values exceeding the engine rpm limiter.

[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=8400
DOWN=4000
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.95
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.050

[ENGINE_DATA]
ALTITUDE_SENSITIVITY=0.1 ; sensitivity to altitude
INERTIA=0.100 ; engine inertia
LIMITER=7200 ; engine rev limiter. 0 no limiter
LIMITER_HZ=40
MINIMUM=900

Changing this temporarily to 7100 or 7200 without engine data overhaul fixes the issue until it all gets sorted out in the next update. AI shifting is already at 7000 so no need to adjust it.

Tachometer shows an 8,000 RPM red-line so maybe some future updates will come. The Superleggera is capable of 8,200 rpm maximum red-line and the power curve tops out @ 6,500 rpm (533 kW).

Also the turbo damage threshold is at 9,500 rpm...

And the steering wheel isn't centered on the column/dash.

full

Really excited to see further updates on this car! :cheers:

Watched a rerun of the 1982 F1 race at Spielberg earlier today, so then hopped in Prost's 1982 Renault RE30B to see if I could finish the race against a field of '82 cars.

BTW, I've got four different Oesterreichring/Spielberg tracks from that era and none of them have GrassFX added. That can't be right, can it?

So, did you finish? :mischievous:

Yes, I burst a vein every time myself and Gilles get mentioned in the same sentence.

Anyway my conversion is now uploaded.
Thanks a Lot buddy! Just had a quick run in your version of Helsinki Thunder circuit. It drives great now with the right amount of bumps for a street track.

This track is easy to learn but hard to master. Very easy to make mistakes and ruins the lap time especially with the powerful GT1.

There's a criminal shortage of decent stock 350z mods in AC but I found this one which has issues, but I think might be one of the best.
What do you say @AC Modder, might be a good future project? It'd be good to have a definitive stock 350z worthy of the badge.
The basics are in place and it drives quite nicely but it really needs:
  • PBR shader overhaul
  • cockpit geometry smoothing (door handles, vents etc)
  • new door speaker DDS
  • proper OEM paints
  • new headlight/taillight config
  • wipers
  • cockpit AO
  • tacho needle recentering on its axis

View attachment 935528

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ypp7kcblqfx9o3/nissan_350z_02.7z/file

Hi Masscot, actually the 350z was already on the list! :) So I don't know exactly when, but surely we'll rework it!

View attachment 936364
Thanks friends.

Missing:
  • Waterford Hills Road Racing
  • Westwood Motorsport Park
  • Yarmouth (oval)
  • Zaluzani (Gilles pay track)
... and of course lots of drift tracks. But that is obviously not your cup of tea.

I have some grass on my Osterreichring 79, but I can't remember where it comes from :confused:

It could be inside this update (as you can see, there's some grass on the preview screenshots) :
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/oesterreichring-1979-reworked.32803/

or on this Discord channel:
https://discord.com/channels/453595061788344330/465820035760390145

Sorry for not being able to bring some precise information, but at least you know it exists, and it doesn't seem to be a separate
update in the main config folder.
If needed, I'll post my whole track here later ;)

Just checked my stats on CM and it seems that I have stats for track with capital letter in their folder name. So I think the capital issue is only related to car folder name.

edit : Forget it, I'm totally wrong.

Last edited:
I did find a new track on the Discord channel of DriftWeekend (https://discord.com/channels/127485321318367232/284151038024613889): KNA Varna:

This is a real life Kart-track from Noway used for Kart and Drift-racing: http://varna.no/

It looks so nice that I decided to add an AI-line, some sidelines, a map and a VAO-patch. Unfortunately my pit-lane isn't perfect and I cannot get it right. Here you have my added files. Please just copy it into the track folder:

Attachments

• kna_varna.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back