Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,824 comments
Yes so if for example you ever wondered why the guy standing at the end of the pits was holding his buttocks like this..
14va.jpg

if you add something like this to config:

[SMOKE_...]
POSITION = -156.28, -1.66, 14.78
DIRECTION = 2, 0, 0
SPEED = 25
SIZE = 0.1
COLOR = 0.1, 1.5, 0.1, 1
SPREAD = 8
INTENSITY = 1

You can now see that it is clearly because he ate something bad and has a terrible wind problem today.

6ryg.jpg

You can just use object inspector to click somewhere and find desired location.

Sorry for that imbecile example guys and girls :)
(not actually sorry at all)

Haha just look at the poor guy's face, he just can't do s*** about it :lol: oh wait sorry, not the best word choice was it

Mine looks like this on the wet version of the track

Yep mine too.
(I'd like the reflections for cool pictures, but in reality stuff only reflects like the snazzy pictures in puddles..just a wet track wont make mirror reflections....but yeah...like you, i want them to.)

Yes, I burst a vein every time myself and Gilles get mentioned in the same sentence.

Anyway my conversion is now uploaded.

Hey Mate! Thank you very much for all the tracks you made!
They are all very nice, but i also want to give some feedback:

I tested Helsinki and Laguna Seca Historic recently, and both tracks have no, or only little background terrain.
That destroys the immersion.

I would suggest to invest more time in one track, to finish it, before starting some new stuff.
But again, thank you for all your content!!

Yep mine too.
(I'd like the reflections for cool pictures, but in reality stuff only reflects like the snazzy pictures in puddles..just a wet track wont make mirror reflections....but yeah...like you, i want them to.)

Seems everyone is getting a different result. CSP has too much options, it becomes difficult to know which values needs to be modified.

Screenshot_audi_rs4_2006_anglesey_2-6-120-19-0-29.jpg

Mine looks like this on the wet version of the track

Asked ya earlier, you are using 1.2?
What do your shots look like on other wet tracks?

Seems everyone is getting a different result. CSP has too much options, it becomes difficult to know which values needs to be modified.

Not to much, whats your world detail and anisotropic set at?
Car looks great btw.

Ok. I finally managed to buy AC on PC. I am console player and never got chance to try this game on PC. I was afraid about performance. But after discount on Steam I decided to risk some money buy it and try it on my laptop. I was shocked that this SIM is working so great! It went 100FPS on ultra low settings in benchmark mode so I can put some details up to stay on 60 FPS :)

So here is my question. Where i should start with using mods? Any suggestions what should I install first? Or which mods to avoid? How to keep everything clean and tidy and avoid mess with files? Are those dynamic time of day mods very CPU consuming?

I have:
Lenovo Y580 Laptop:
i7-3630QM 2.4 ghz
16GB ram
GeForce 660M GTX

For tracks, look at Gutbomb's "project" posts to compare different tracks. These aren't all the tracks available for AC, but it covers tracks where there's multiple versions of it. In his last post, he provides links to his previous posts.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1356#post-13154771

Also, if you see a pay mod you like, never pay more than $10 for it, unless it has a lot of positive reviews. Unfortunately, there are some "shifty" characters out there that ask $50 or more for "popular" or "exclusive" mods, they're usually poor quality, and they won't allow you to get a refund.

Of course you need to purchase and install Content Manager and SOL.

Screenshot_audi_rs4_2006_anglesey_2-6-120-19-0-29.jpg

Now that looks perfect.....yeah, never been able to replicate that. I see trees reflected, but never the car or clouds.

Hi
2020 Michelin Pilot Challenge
for GUERILLA Mods GT4
skinpack
WIP - update
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1321#post-13145320
View attachment 936958
View attachment 936959 View attachment 936960
two merc's and two porsche's missing from full grid

Be patient, I need about a week, maybe less

Thank you so much for these! I have been making my own (poorly) skins from that series so it will be nice to have more detailed ones!

Also does anyone have any tips on where to get started when balancing cars for championships? I want to add the new vantage to the imsa grid for Daytona but URDs is the GTE version, I'd like to tone it down to match the lap times of the other gt3/gtd cars

Did you try Kunos original editor?

norms, man, it seems to only be an issue opening kn5unpacked .fbx files from CHiQuiFReaKy tracks in ksEditor. So weird. Do you have any of his? Yokohoma Docks or Monaco Rallycross that you could try on your end. Other tracks I've tested with kn5unpacked seem to be fine. Weird, man.

HONDA NSX GT3 2016: SPRINT/ENDURANCE — HONDA NSX GT3 EVO 2019: SPRINT/ENDURANCE ACC

GTPlanet-Modding-Team.jpg

It took us longer than expected, but eventually, what was left of the original team tried to gather together to release the whole package! Enjoy guys! :cheers:

The testers:

_enkay74
_Fabr_123
_Fanapryde
_FileMissing
_ZL1

CHANGELOG:

V1.8.1 **UNPACK ONLY THE FILE honda_nsx_gt3_evo_acc.kn5 AND OVERWRITE**

— fixed Honda GT3 EVO Sprint LODA blur rims transparency

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.8 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— added LED_PANEL
— reworked font textures to match ACC Lumirank as LED_PANEL
— added new GoPro camera 3D model
— added IMSA numberplate
— added 24/h Bathurst skin numberplate
— added ADAC numberplate emissive
— added SAS info
— fixed issue with latest CSP 0.1.69 or higher making the car not loading in CM
— added Castrol, RJN, Alphatauri, Motul, Arrows etc. crew and driver suit, helmet, gloves (thanks to _enkay74)
— tweaked car.ini [CONTROLS] TAG with more accurate data (thanks to _FileMissing)
— added RainFX code into car.ini
— tweaked wiper animation
— tweaked LODs shader
— reworked alpha channel of windshield texture
— added more windshield dirt meshes and textures
— added safety net OFF position
— tweaked brakelights emissive
— fixed exhaust not glowing

Physics changes:
— Adjusted controls with more accurate data.
— Adjusted CG positioning/location.
— Adjusted pickup points in conjunction with new CG adjustments fixing showroom and handling issues.
— Re-balanced steer locks/rod and ratios due to adjustments made to CG and PUPs in suspensions.ini
— Updated collider.ini

** IF YOU ARE USING SOL PPFILTER **

My cars are optimized for A3PP filter, so only recently I noticed that if you are using SOL PPfilter, brake lights colors are wrong. Thefore, to obtain closer brake lights colours to the ones I created, trying to portrait the ACC Honda, I suggest you to unzip the texture EXT_Lights_Colour_Yellow.dds inside the Honda skin folder of the car you're using.
I wasn't aware of this colour changes using SOL PPFilter, since I use "A3PP Beautiful PPfilter" as default PPfilter.

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.71 ** PLEASE DOWNLOAD AGAIN THE PACKAGE IF YOU DOWNLOADED V1.7

— updated Honda NSX EVO 2019 Endurance INT_GLASS_L missing transparency

V1.7 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— added new LOD D
— redone the LODs converting ACC LODs 3D models
— added LR Cockpit
— added Racelogic Km/h page, now not only in the pits, bond to "EXTRA C" key
— fixed Racelogic leds black static color
— tweaked TC Cut bar code, no more influenced by time multiplier
— tweaked DRIVER_ID code, no more influenced by time multiplier
— fixed rear extractor pivot in 3D model
— added rear bumper inside carbon material in 3D model
— added a missing damage.ini code
— tweaked a little the RPM leds emissive
— added new brake light emissive animation
— tweaked brake lights to match ACC Honda NSX brake lights
— tweaked rear emissive texture
— added headlights glass emissive, visible at night
— fixed endurance cars flashing lights
— fixed wrong texture in rear emissive mesh
— tweaked some ext_config.ini emissive
— tweaked wipers WIND_OFFSET value for smoother intermittent wiping at high speed

**thanks to _Fanapryde and _Masscot for the feedback.

V1.6 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed broken rear lights emissive
— fixed rims
— fixed LOD B hide lumirank code for non racing cars
— added new damage textures
— added internal hood for damage
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— fixed LCDs brightness with PBR
— various tweaks
— fixed wiper animation last keyframe
— added Alpinestars driver suits, gloves (credits to Michael Doherty)
— added RainFX ready data.acd.RainFX. (rename it to data.acd when RainFX will be no more WIP)

**PLEASE DOWNLOAD & INSTALL ALSO Alpinestars Tech-1 ZX Glove Collection by Tripple8:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alpinestars-tech-1-zx-glove-collection-psd.32665/

V1.5 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed LCD brightness when lights are OFF
— added missing endulights code in Endurance car lights.ini
— added missing code for IMSA yellow lights in IMSA skins
— tweaked IMSA pleds brightness

V1.4 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— added Racelogic VBOX LapTimer Delta-V LEDs working
— added Racelogic VBOX LapTimer pages: Laptime, Delta, Speed
— added Lumirank DRIVER ID
— added MOTEC LCD Pit pop-up
— added new MOTEC LCD and Racelogic VBOX LapTimer fonts
— added PerPixelMultiMap with Emissive map (Thanks to Stereo https://www.racedepartment.com/members/stereo.9613/)
— added seatbelts OFF/ON
— fixed issue with Pleds not working on IMSA cars
— fixed issue with taillights missing OFF_COLOR
— tweaked IMSA cars lights textures
— flashing lights now working also on IMSA cars
— tweaked some materials
— tweaked some textures
— tweaked emissive lights values
— added audio adjustments in ext_config.ini
— reworked RPM bar
— further physics/aero adjustments

** to access to Racelogic VBOX LapTimer pages, you need to bind Content Manager > Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls: Extra Option B key/button.

** open VBOX_LapTimer_Delta-V_Leds.jpg to understand the logic of DELTA-V LEDs.

** for the PerPixelMultiMap with Emissive map shader to work correctly in-game, you need to copy the folders inside "ksPPMM_emissive" to your AssettoCorsa folder.

** Lumirank DRIVER ID will appear automatically. If you want to customize DRIVER ID letters, use the TEMPLATE inside the folder "Lumirank DRIVER ID Template". White color letters for PRO, blue color letters for PRO/AM and orange letters for AM. If you create a new skin, don't forget to edit the skin ext_config.ini accordingly, hiding the DRIVER IDs you don't need. Follow the examples written in "Lumirank_ext_config_skins.txt".

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3 EVO, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.3 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— added new LOD D
— redone the LODs converting ACC LODs 3D models
— added LR Cockpit
— added Racelogic Km/h page, now not only in the pits, bond to "EXTRA C" key
— fixed Racelogic leds black static color
— tweaked TC Cut bar code, no more influenced by time multiplier
— tweaked DRIVER_ID code, no more influenced by time multiplier
— fixed rear extractor pivot in 3D model
— added rear bumper inside carbon material in 3D model
— added a missing damage.ini code
— fixed LODB/C wrong material on some meshes
— tweaked a little the RPM leds emissive
— added new brake light emissive animation
— tweaked brake lights to match ACC Honda NSX brake lights
— tweaked rear emissive texture
— added headlights glass emissive, visible at night
— fixed numberplate emissive name on EVO cars
— fixed numberplate on Motul EVO endurance skin
— fixed endurance cars flashing lights
— tweaked some ext_config.ini emissive
— tweaked wipers WIND_OFFSET value for smoother intermittent wiping at high speed

V1.2 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed broken rear lights emissive
— fixed rims
— fixed LOD B hide lumirank code for non racing cars
— added new damage textures
— added internal hood for damage
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— fixed LCDs brightness with PBR
— various tweaks
— fixed wiper animation last keyframe
— added Alpinestars driver suits, gloves (credits to Michael Doherty)
— added RainFX ready data.acd.RainFX. (rename it to data.acd when RainFX will be no more WIP)

V1.1 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed LCD brightness when lights are OFF
— added new IMSA skin for EVO Endurance car
— added new Pleds, front bumper, front lights glass to match the IMSA skin
— added new preview IMSA car

V1.0

— added all the features present in the NSX GT3 V1.4

DOWNLOAD: LINK

Last edited:
norms, man, it seems to only be an issue opening kn5unpacked .fbx files from CHiQuiFReaKy tracks in ksEditor. So weird. Do you have any of his? Yokohoma Docks or Monaco Rallycross that you could try on your end. Other tracks I've tested with kn5unpacked seem to be fine. Weird, man.
I can open his Monaco Rallycross fine but the textures are missing, usually they export fine so not sure what's happened there:

upload_2020-7-2_22-6-49.png

His Chicago also loads fine for me but this time the textures are also there, both in original KSEditor:

upload_2020-7-2_22-12-54.png

EDIT:

Don't know why I read Yokohoma Docks and thought of his Chicago track lol but yeah the Docks load fine too. Had another look at Monaco and the textures are already separate in a texture folder on the root of the track. Copy them into the FBX folder and all loads fine:

upload_2020-7-2_22-20-7.png

It must be an issue with your editor, are you launching the editor from Steam?

Last edited:
It's not just you.
The cones are present in the 'full' layout, but lack in the Stock car layout.

@VheEth is it possible to add them ? It's nice that they are collidable ;)
Did this update ever happen? Not sure I have the latest Londrina. I had four versions and have whittled it down to three, but there's no mention of @VheEth being the author in the UI.

I can open his Monaco Rallycross fine but the textures are missing, usually they export fine so not sure what's happened there:

View attachment 937007

His Chicago also loads fine for me but this time the textures are also there, both in original KSEditor:

View attachment 937010

EDIT:

Don't know why I read Yokohoma Docks and thought of his Chicago track lol but yeah the Docks load fine too. Had another look at Monaco and the textures are already separate in a texture folder on the root of the track. Copy them into the FBX folder and all loads fine:

View attachment 937011

It must be an issue with your editor, are you launching the editor from Steam?

Yeah, tried in both versions of kseditor. v6 and steam. norms, I'm going to zip up the exported track stuff in a PM for you to try and open in kseditor.

Did this update ever happen? Not sure I have the latest Londrina. I had four versions and have whittled it down to three, but there's no mention of @VheEth being the author in the UI.
Not that I know of.
VeEth version is easy to spot. It's the nicest one :D
But he doesn't add his name in the UI (not even as the author of the rework).

Ok. I finally managed to buy AC on PC. I am console player and never got chance to try this game on PC. I was afraid about performance. But after discount on Steam I decided to risk some money buy it and try it on my laptop. I was shocked that this SIM is working so great! It went 100FPS on ultra low settings in benchmark mode so I can put some details up to stay on 60 FPS :)

So here is my question. Where i should start with using mods? Any suggestions what should I install first? Or which mods to avoid? How to keep everything clean and tidy and avoid mess with files? Are those dynamic time of day mods very CPU consuming?

I have:
Lenovo Y580 Laptop:
i7-3630QM 2.4 ghz
16GB ram
GeForce 660M GTX
You will now probably find your daily life will change with keeping up with the goings on's with the community :)
Here's a handy overview of the essential free car mods;

As previously mentioned be wary of certain pay mods, people like SIM DREAM are scam artists selling broken or stolen work. There is however fantastic payware mods out there by great artists. Ask the community if you are ever unsure. Keep watch on here and Race department for the latest going on's

I have:
Lenovo Y580 Laptop:
i7-3630QM 2.4 ghz
16GB ram
GeForce 660M GTX

You definitely have to grab Content Manager otherwise the game will stop loading once you hit a certain mod amount, I can't remember the exact figure. But it adds so much more flexibility to the game. Also if you have the time, note your benchmark results then install CSP, I know you specs aren't great but switch every graphical enhancement off in CSP and then make sure you have these on and then do another benchmark:

upload_2020-7-2_23-21-14.png

You should hopefully see an improvement, then you can start to enable the nice features and keep checking your performance. It's a bit of a job but it will help you to run the more demanding mods out there and start to get to know which features do what.

Yeah, tried in both versions of kseditor. v6 and steam. norms, I'm going to zip up the exported track stuff in a PM for you to try and open in kseditor.
shaders folder for game and shaders folder for editor are different. I'm 100% sure that there are missing shader in the editor one.

from assettocorsa\system\shaders , add missing shader to assettocorsa\sdk\editor\system\shaders
don't forget win and html folders

my bet :
ksPerPixelMultiMap_AT_emissive.shader
ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive.shader
stPerPixelMultiMap_specular.shader
stPerPixelNM_UVflow.shader

edit : also when something goes wrong, take a look at <yourUser>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt
it often contains useful info (like shader not found ;) )

Last edited:
Here is the Update #2 for the fantasy Area 51 track WIP. Items added.
Teddie fixes for the KN5 file
DaBaeda - new cameras he made
increased number of AI cars now has 30 cars - pit stalls and starting grids
Spread out the pit stalls a little more and also the starting grids
Fixed the Semiphore lighting for showing start race lights. They are not colored, but show the light sequence
Pit lights work with showing just flashing red lights entering/exiting pits.
Night lighting: little runway lights show up now in Red and Blue colors.
The one shed we race through toned down the light intensity driving through the shed.
Added grass fx, but not sure if it looks right or not since terrain is mostly desert.
Added some AI Hints and works well with GT3 and F1 cars that I tested. Done a few races at 98% difficulty.
Still tweaking things and will light up the hanger area a little bit.
Will delete my update1 posted earlier and reference to this post

Cars tend to be slow of start finish line, but once they get going down the straight, all is good after that.
Call for Help: Need someone's help with getting the corner Arrow Signs to work in my config file for night driving.
spent the last day or so trying different things, and nothing worked right. Right now my Light Series 6
setup item, I have to be right on top of the Arrow sign for it to kick in and display arrow at night. It is currently
setup to flash, which I really dont need also.

Here is the link to update 2: let me know if you have any problems: take care.

Christ on a bike, that is one bright track. Physically painful to drive in sunlight. It's like Gilles took an rFactor port and lit it with napalm.
@slider666 didn't you do a config ages ago that turned the road from white to a nice road colour, and the sand from white to a nice sand colour, and the everything from white to a nice everything colour?

Edit: found it. Will try to merge.

Edit 2: very quick test hack. Unzip this to the track folder. Roads and desert darkened. Needs some more materials adding really and maybe retextures to make the desert look more like sand, but at least you don't need sunglasses now.

Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_evo_acc_area_51_2-7-120-23-46-11.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j5yhu93ucplpjul/extension.7z/file

Let me know what you think.

Edit 3: Ah, not quite sure what happened here. Maybe the new config with the new config didn't install for me? Just checked and it seems to include Slider's config already.
A problem for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back