Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,097 comments
Hey
So, what I have found out by testing the "Content Manger -- Full Version" (if I have understood your post) is, that you can easier install or modify the content of AC.
Also you can repair some damaged mod-cars or -tracks, for example some, which are to old for the current version of Assetto Corsa.
I did repair one of the skins for the Ford GT40, the funny thing about that is; I dont recall seeing a red and white striped Ford GT when I got the game. CM displayed the warning triangle next to the GT40, and i seen red text stating there was a problem. I clicked it, and then I got the option to generate a thumbnail for the paint swatch. That was definitely cool! CM can stay.

:lol:

Yes, the "CM" is a really good work:lol:

A longer time ago (I guess it was in 2015), I downloaded some mods from "Modbase" and "Database". They worked perfect and I had a lot of Fun with it.

Attention: Here comes is a very tricky text!:D

After a few updates for Assetto, they stopped working ingame.
I was wondering (at this time, I didn't had the Content Manager) and a little bit disappointed.

About a year ago, I bought the full version of CM.
The mods from those two Modding-pages I still had on my PC.
As I started once the CM, these mods had at the informationfield a red painted text.
I clicked it and saw some different options to repair them.
(Change tires, change sound and others...)
As I had finished repairing of those mods, they worked in AC :cheers:

Last edited:
Mmm. My Ferrari F488 Pista 2019 v2 by Forceful downloaded recently from Assettoland seems to have weird patterned semi-opaque glass in cockpit view. I'm sure it didn't when I first tried it. Anyone else having this?
With Assettoland seemingly gone I can't find this car anywhere else apart from that Facebook shyster who uses Depositfiles. Anyone have a working download link please?

Mmm. My Ferrari F488 Pista 2019 v2 by Forceful downloaded recently from Assettoland seems to have weird patterned semi-opaque glass in cockpit view. I'm sure it didn't when I first tried it. Anyone else having this?
With Assettoland seemingly gone I can't find this car anywhere else apart from that Facebook shyster who uses Depositfiles. Anyone have a working download link please?

First, I'm sorry, I do not have a fix-link...:P
Well, the new Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2019 from Assettoland does also have the problem with the reflecting front-glass.

Finally got Content Manager. Why have I been dragging my feet on getting it? It really opens up AC, and it also makes the game easier to setup. Now I just have to figure out how to use CM to handle mods.
The good thing is that it now includes mod integration in the same way as JSGME, which means you don't need that separate program anymore.

You still have to (AFAIK) create subfolders for each mod that you want to import, the same way as in JSGME.
For example, let's say you have two mods: TrackX and CarY in the folder D:\AC Mods\. This folder must be on the same partition as AC for best performance, and you specify this folder under: Settings\Content Manager\Generic mods.

You will then need this folder structure:
D:\AC Mods\TrackX\content\tracks\TrackX actual track folder (which contains the kn5 and other files)
D:\AC Mods\CarY\content\cars\CarY actual car folder

The reason is that the file path to Assetto Corsa's tracks and cars is \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks and \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars respectively. So when you specify \content\cars\ CM knows that it should copy those files to the cars folder.

When you have done this you only need to go to Content\Mods in CM, where you will have the available mods on the left and the installed on the right. So if you click the TrackX and then Enable it will be moved over to Installed and can be used in the game. When you click Enable the files aren't actually copied but hard linked (unless they're on a different partition). But you will still see the new mod folder in Windows Explorer under \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\tracks\.

yes same for me, I deleted it.

Last edited:
Desperate Bulgarian c**** watching this thread? Yesterday Monsieur X posted that SimDream mod and puff, now on AC car mods. :lol:

Attachments

• ac car mods.png
    ac car mods.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 119

It's weird, I'm sure the glass was fine the first time I tried it. Maybe I downloaded an update?
don't know, tried it after you posted you had an issue, I had the same issue so I deleted it, looked for an other one , found this, also crap, deleted it. Anyway it is just a "reworked" Kunos car, might as well drive the original.

https://bit.ly/2CCHwT1
Timo Ha BMW M6 GT3 on Guerilla mods has been updated.
41101951_2256817937887723_1390221149245276160_o.jpg

Last edited:
@Mike Rudland since you are in the team developing that M6, I would like to bring to your attention that the 4th mirrors is not working as a camera, this not very good when using real mirrors in VR. it is acting as a mirror when it should be acting as a monitor/camera from behind the car.
Normally cars who have a monitor, like Kunos 488 GT3 for rear view, do not show up as a mirror in the real mirror app.
No big deal but I thought you might want to know, since a lot of effort have been already invested in making a good mod of that car.:)

Anyone can post links to download the t1 2004, f1 1998, Ferrari f310b, Williams fw07, Williams fw10 , Williams fw15c, Renault re30 and benetton b194.
Please.

Last edited:
https://sharemods.com/rg3xihpjx9qy/f_ferrari_f488_pista_2019.rar.html
I don't have any problems with this version.
Also you could try joining this fb group: I think the owner is behind all the mods there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/143014099819273/

Last edited:
I think I've just realised what the problem was: the one on Assettoland was v1.2, but this looks like the original. Somebody must have updated it to v1.2 and effed up the glass.
Thanks!
Nope! Still buggered.
Disable Ilja's shader patch and the problem goes away though...

So, do we assume Assettoland isn't coming back this time?
Does anyone actually know the reason why it was shut down... again?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back