Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
@__EASY__

Hi ! :)

Yesterday, I downloaded and installed two of your reworks :
- Silverstone 1999,
- Suzuka Circuit.

I kept the previous versions and, maybe I’m the only one and maybe too, It’s because I don’t want to use SOL but the ambient light of these two tracks "reworked" made a "dark mood" at... 02:30 PM with clear and shiny sky..!

I get back to the old versions of this track and... no "dark mood" which gave the sensation of an upcoming rain time.

Am I alone here on GT Planet getting this issue ?

Cheers ! :cheers:

On another side, is someone able to give me an advice about my issue with the Porsche done by "Crash" !?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1470#post-13183089

Hi, would someone be able to reupload Termas de Rio Hondo circuit, and the rollovers version of the Renault Megane TCR please? I've spent the last day looking (I know all the main places to look) and can't find either of them anywhere. Thanks in advance :)

@__EASY__

- Silverstone 1999,
- Suzuka Circuit.

I kept the previous versions and, maybe I’m the only one and maybe too, It’s because I don’t want to use SOL but the ambient light of these two tracks "reworked" made a "dark mood" at... 02:30 PM with clear and shiny sky..!

I get back to the old versions of this track and... no "dark mood" which gave the sensation of an upcoming rain time.

On another side, is someone able to give me an advice about my issue with the Porsche done by "Crash" !?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1470#post-13183089

Hi Eli! :)
Yeah, the new Silverstone is a bit darker than previous version but somehow it doesn't bother me there, maybe I like darker tracks. :)

What bothers me more is that some parts of the track are too bouncing for me. There is one section that always throws me off the track. :D

Try comparing this to the original.
To do this, first drive another circle on the original car in order to remember how the FFB behaves, especially paying attention to the efforts that you feel when cornering, as well as during the demolition of the front axle.
Then rename the data.acd file and the data folder so that you can then return the names and restore everything as it was, and move my data folder to the car directory.
Try the car again and compare the FFB experience.

How should you feel? If you, like me, had little force feedback, you will feel that the car gained weight, the steering wheel was no longer empty, the feedback became more informative. If the settings are different (if you have additional ffb options enabled in the CM), then I assume that you may feel that the car has become too heavy.

RSS Formula 2 v6 2020.
important:
is only the data folder. You must have a mod to try this.

I have read more than once that young F2 pilots, coming to F1, are surprised that F1 car is much easier to steer than F2, because it has power steering. I could not find reliable information about whether an amplifier is installed in F2 or not, but in any case, this suggests that the steering wheel in an F2 car cannot be light, and in comparison with F1 it should be heavier.
There is one more change in my data folder - HALO is disabled by default.

Ferrari F138.
In addition to changing the FFB, the problem with a very small angle of rotation of the wheels has been fixed. I do not understand why Kunos in their official F1 cars Ferrari made the wheel angle so small. In real life on F1 cars it never happens like that. On some tracks, for example Monaco, it is impossible to even fit into a turn due to understeer ...
This has been fixed in car.ini. However, the animation of the hands in this car is not designed for an angle greater than 360g, so when you hang it, the animation jumps. I haven't had time to fix this yet. But it doesn't matter now, since the main goal of the changes is ffb.

Give it a try if you're interested and share your feelings.
I like the modification you've done to the FFB of the RSS Formula 2 v6 2020, it's a car I drive a lot. As you say, the steering goes too light when cornering which shouldn't be the case in F2. I use the FFBClip app where ffb can be changed on-the-fly..... Losing the Halo is never a bad thing;)

Hi everyone, ive seen the Audi GT3 EVO and BMW M6 mods around. (and they look awesome)
Does anyone know if there is a Lambo GT3 EVO and a Nissan GTR EVO models around?

@__EASY__

- Silverstone 1999,
- Suzuka Circuit.

No you're not the only one. I mentioned it too about adelaide 2011. I think it's lack of/too low ksDiffuse values in combination with the ksAmbient ones @__EASY__ is using plus maybe ksSpecular in some cases. It's great the amount of work being put in but a shame about the dark gloomy feel on a lot of the tracks despite no clouds, summer and mid-day.

@__EASY__ maybe you prefer the darker look or perhaps your monitor needs calibrating? On the other hand it could be your PPFilter, it is best to revert to a default one for working on tracks and try and create a generic look rather than one tailored to your tastes.

Cases in point, rework of Anneau du Rhin 2016 which already had a nice grassfx with some flowers supplied by @Mike08 I believe (summer, scattered clouds 12:30pm):

Before:

Screenshot_ag_porsche_996_gt3_2004_nrms_anneau_du_rhin2016_27-7-120-12-53-54.jpg

@__EASY__ rework:

Screenshot_ag_porsche_996_gt3_2004_nrms_anneau_du_rhin2016_27-7-120-12-53-18.jpg

And with Teretonga, Before:

Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_teretonga_park_26-7-120-19-36-39.jpg

@__EASY__ rework:

Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_teretonga_park_26-7-120-19-37-19.jpg

But yeah, the before are not great either, just trying to show the difference on how much of a punch (correct word??) they have lost.

Last edited:
Oh, those evil Russians :)
I myself am Russian, but I also prefer not to run installers)))
Russia has a large community of simracers and modders, so there are a lot of resources devoted to this topic. I think that the Russians have made a significant contribution to the development of the AC.
Have you come across Russian sites dedicated to AC, because of which you had some problems, and therefore there are you very nervous? :)

Yeah no offence.
(I think your president sanctioning the poisoning of people in UK towns probably doesn't help from a PR perspective either though...)

No you're not the only one. I mentioned it too about adelaide 2011. I think it's lack of/too low ksDiffuse values in combination with the ksAmbient ones @__EASY__ is using. It's great the amount of work being put in but a shame about the dark gloomy feel on a lot of the tracks despite no clouds, summer and mid-day.

@__EASY__ maybe you prefer the darker look or perhaps your monitor needs calibrating? On the other hand it could be your PPFilter, it is best to revert to a default one for working on tracks and try and create a generic look rather than one tailored to your tastes.
What's the quickest/easiest way to access the ambient and diffuse settings for tracks @norms?

Hi Eli! :)
Yeah, the new Silverstone is a bit darker than previous version but somehow it doesn't bother me there, maybe I like darker tracks. :)

What bothers me more is that some parts of the track are too bouncing for me. There is one section that always throws me off the track. :D

The ambient light involved by the reworked tracks breaks all the weather conditions so for me, It’s not acceptable this level of darkness.
My monitor is well calibrated and I think all the vanilla tracks, for example, are well calibrated too ! ^^

Anyway, I kept the old ones which satisfied me, I essentially look at the road when I’m hotlaping and these "old" tracks by making still acceptable in their actual state with the help of the automatic updates with Content Manager.

The bumpy parts still a driving challenge here, from my side It’s interesting and make some roughness on some tracks... feeling which I can appreciate on "tracks with history", not like most of the tracks designed by Herman Tilke.

I like the modification you've done to the FFB of the RSS Formula 2 v6 2020, it's a car I drive a lot. As you say, the steering goes too light when cornering which shouldn't be the case in F2. I use the FFBClip app where ffb can be changed on-the-fly..... Losing the Halo is never a bad thing;)
I'm glad it was helpful!
I am doing some other changes for F2 to be more realistic. I think after a while I will be able to share them.

Yeah no offence.
(I think your president sanctioning the poisoning of people in UK towns probably doesn't help from a PR perspective either though...)
I just wonder what site it was? Casual, or one of the famous?
If judge countries and people by the TV news, then the whole world will seem terrible. :) Think of people better - they deserve it :cheers:

Does anybody know how to make a dynamic tire texture like in RSS Formula Hybrid?

I'm trying to edit another car to change the tire texture depending on the selected compound. But I can't find any info or a tutorial about dynamic textures.

Technically you are absolutely right, but nevertheless (analogue to SimDream mods e.g.) it's still a paymod and it's probably not wise to post it here.
@slider666 improved the hell out of Gilles' tracks (putting more time and effort in them than Gilles ever did), but has kept them in a limited group and did not post them on the main thread for that exact reason.
I'd be careful with this, just my 2 cts.

Sorry ladies and gentlemen. I hope it don´t sound ignorant, but many ones has asked me since @Fanapryde post, if I could invite them to our "secret group". So, I answer them all at once here.
Sorry, but no. It´s not a "secret group" but a "private conversation" with actually 109 pages and many private things there where discussed and other things shared than just gilles75 convos. Sorry, but private conversations are private. At least for me. :odd: ;)

Nevertheless, I don´t have a problem sharing track improvements, shared some here before too. Because I wouldn´t call the tracks gilles75 wants money for as "paymods" but maybe "payconversions". They are imo conversions without permissions and most of them in beta or even still alpha status. :(
I know what I´m talking about, it took me a long time fixing the worst issues and make them at least drivable and a bit nicer looking where possible.
But I´m not sure if this would break some rules here. So maybe I would share them elsewhere, where I got admin permissions to do that.

Some fixes I made in surfaces.ini and with configs could be shared here without probs, but the tracks themselfes maybe better not. But as most tracks I´m workin on are still W.I.P. on my harddisk and I´m taking a break, it could take some time.

What's the quickest/easiest way to access the ambient and diffuse settings for tracks @norms?

The easiest way imo is changing them with config ini like I´m doing for a long time now. Here for example the Symmons Plains ini someone asked for better grass.
Put the ini into ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\symmons_plains.ini

And if you inspect that ini you find a code block like this here:
Code:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = grass brighter
MATERIALS = GRASS_EDGE_01_L
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.775
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.425

As @norms posted, take the object inspector app, copy material name and use it in this short code to change ambient and diffuse the way you like. :)

Attachments

• symmons_plains.zip
    976 bytes · Views: 27
Screenshot 2020-07-27 14.46.16.png
No you're not the only one. I mentioned it too about adelaide 2011. I think it's lack of/too low ksDiffuse values in combination with the ksAmbient ones @__EASY__ is using plus maybe ksSpecular in some cases. It's great the amount of work being put in but a shame about the dark gloomy feel on a lot of the tracks despite no clouds, summer and mid-day.

Cases in point, rework of Anneau du Rhin 2016 which already had a nice grassfx with some flowers supplied by @Mike08 I believe (summer, scattered clouds 12:30pm):

I must say I don't have the same issue. Here is Teretonga in the reworked version, using Sol_Extra PP filter. With Adam's new one it's way too bright at 100% exposure. None of the filters seem too dark to me. The other tracks are equally good, and the weather effects certainly aren't 'broken'.

Guys, sorry for my absence lately. Getting surgery soon, hopefully be back in the swing of things soon.

I wanted to post something I've discovered during my experiments with getting AI to pit mid-race, around 20 to 30 laps. What I've found and the way I've been doing it goes against what I think is normal, but works absolutely perfect for my play style.

1. First off, I don't have time to do qualifying. So what I usually do is setup a range of AI strength, with me starting at the back of the grid, in which I can pretty much get through the back half of the grid and then have to fight hard against the leading half of the grid.

2. What I've found that was making getting the AI to mid-pit very hit or miss is the fact that some tracks have the ideal line ai file and some don't. The ideal line seems to be just a copy of the main fast ai line. The ideal-line seems to make the AI do at least some initial calculation for fuel even without qualifying. You can test this by starting a race with the ideal line in place, check ai fuel. Then do the same race after disabling the ideal line. The one without the ideal line will typically fill to capacity.

3. What I've done, and this is where it it's not such a normal thing to do, is I've disabled all of the ideal-lines of the tracks I have installed. What that does for me, is make the AI fill to capacity and gives me the ability to set fuel consumption solidly based off the AI's full tanks. I start the race, fill my tank to capacity as well, and then me and the AI will pit around lap 15 of a 30 lap race, for instance. The consumption that I set is saved for a specific grid of cars that I'm running, so I can save it for that grid and reuse it whenever and get consistent mid-pit behavior (as long as the ideal-line is not there. If the ideal line is there, the AI will start with very inconsistent fuel amounts from track to track before qualifying. And as I said, for me personally, I don't have time (or just don't like) doing qualifying.).

... I forget what I was trying to say here. I hope this helps someone. Love you guys and gals.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back