Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,056 comments
Guys, sorry for my absence lately. Getting surgery soon, hopefully be back in the swing of things soon.

I wanted to post something I've discovered during my experiments with getting AI to pit mid-race, around 20 to 30 laps. What I've found and the way I've been doing it goes against what I think is normal, but works absolutely perfect for my play style.

1. First off, I don't have time to do qualifying. So what I usually do is setup a range of AI strength, with me starting at the back of the grid, in which I can pretty much get through the back half of the grid and then have to fight hard against the leading half of the grid.

2. What I've found that was making getting the AI to mid-pit very hit or miss is the fact that some tracks have the ideal line ai file and some don't. The ideal line seems to be just a copy of the main fast ai line. The ideal-line seems to make the AI do at least some initial calculation for fuel even without qualifying. You can test this by starting a race with the ideal line in place, check ai fuel. Then do the same race after disabling the ideal line. The one without the ideal line will typically fill to capacity.

3. What I've done, and this is where it it's not such a normal thing to do, is I've disabled all of the ideal-lines of the tracks I have installed. What that does for me, is make the AI fill to capacity and gives me the ability to set fuel consumption solidly based off the AI's full tanks. I start the race, fill my tank to capacity as well, and then me and the AI will pit around lap 15 of a 30 lap race, for instance. The consumption that I set is saved for a specific grid of cars that I'm running, so I can save it for that grid and reuse it whenever and get consistent mid-pit behavior (as long as the ideal-line is not there. If the ideal line is there, the AI will start with very inconsistent fuel amounts from track to track before qualifying. And as I said, for me personally, I don't have time (or just don't like) doing qualifying.).

... I forget what I was trying to say here. I hope this helps someone. Love you guys and gals.

Thank you for the tip Teddie.
Be well soon and keep us up to date please.

Cheers,
Paulo

I must say I don't have the same issue. Here is Teretonga in the reworked version, using Sol_Extra PP filter. With Adam's new one it's way too bright at 100% exposure. None of the filters seem too dark to me. The other tracks are equally good, and the weather effects certainly aren't 'broken'.
OK but... I think @norms and me were talking about a simple situation with no special effects, special PP filter everywhere... which is your case and a complete different situation, isn’t it !?

View attachment 944244

I must say I don't have the same issue. Here is Teretonga in the reworked version, using Sol_Extra PP filter. With Adam's new one it's way too bright at 100% exposure. None of the filters seem too dark to me. The other tracks are equally good, and the weather effects certainly aren't 'broken'.
Doesn't the fact that "With Adam's new one it's way too bright at 100% exposure" show that maybe your setup is too bright then? I don't know as I have never used that filter. If I set my filter to Sol_Extra like you say, it is still too dull. However, what I do know is that on Teretonga, the ksDiffuse of most objects (as if changed in bulk) is set to 0.02 and that in itself is just too low.

OK but... I think @norms and me were talking about a simple situation with no special effects, special PP filter everywhere... which is your case and a complete different situation, isn’t it !?

I guess so, but doesn't everybody use a PP filter now? With a simple setting I get this. The earlier version shots posted by norms above don't look very realistic to me, but of course that's a matter of taste/opinion. Not wanting to argue about that really; just saying to my eyes the new versions look fine.
Screenshot 2020-07-27 15.20.04.png

Guys, sorry for my absence lately. Getting surgery soon, hopefully be back in the swing of things soon.

I wanted to post something I've discovered during my experiments with getting AI to pit mid-race, around 20 to 30 laps. What I've found and the way I've been doing it goes against what I think is normal, but works absolutely perfect for my play style.

1. First off, I don't have time to do qualifying. So what I usually do is setup a range of AI strength, with me starting at the back of the grid, in which I can pretty much get through the back half of the grid and then have to fight hard against the leading half of the grid.

2. What I've found that was making getting the AI to mid-pit very hit or miss is the fact that some tracks have the ideal line ai file and some don't. The ideal line seems to be just a copy of the main fast ai line. The ideal-line seems to make the AI do at least some initial calculation for fuel even without qualifying. You can test this by starting a race with the ideal line in place, check ai fuel. Then do the same race after disabling the ideal line. The one without the ideal line will typically fill to capacity.

3. What I've done, and this is where it it's not such a normal thing to do, is I've disabled all of the ideal-lines of the tracks I have installed. What that does for me, is make the AI fill to capacity and gives me the ability to set fuel consumption solidly based off the AI's full tanks. I start the race, fill my tank to capacity as well, and then me and the AI will pit around lap 15 of a 30 lap race, for instance. The consumption that I set is saved for a specific grid of cars that I'm running, so I can save it for that grid and reuse it whenever and get consistent mid-pit behavior (as long as the ideal-line is not there. If the ideal line is there, the AI will start with very inconsistent fuel amounts from track to track before qualifying. And as I said, for me personally, I don't have time (or just don't like) doing qualifying.).

... I forget what I was trying to say here. I hope this helps someone. Love you guys and gals.
Be well soon mate!

I guess so, but doesn't everybody use a PP filter now? With a simple setting I get this. The earlier version shots posted by norms above don't look very realistic to me, but of course that's a matter of taste/opinion. Not wanting to argue about that really; just saying to my eyes the new versions look fine.
View attachment 944247
I completely agree that the before pictures dont look very realistic. Which is why it is good that Easy is working on updating them. However, Elio and I aren’t the only ones who have a gloomy dull look to the updates. Also see my previous post about the ksdiffuse level being too low.

Hello guys which is the best version of Jerez de la frontera ( if it exists for AC) thanks for the help

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuito-de-jerez.15735/

So far this is the only modern Jerez for AC. Visually nowhere near perfection, but I've learned to live with it. I think someone is still making a rework of this at the moment?

https://sharemods.com/di8gj4mt5vrd/jerez94.7z.html

This is the rework of Jerez 1994 made recently by __EASY__ and though it's a bit barren, I really like it.

And then there's the good old 1988 version by Rainmaker...

Doesn't the fact that "With Adam's new one it's way too bright at 100% exposure" show that maybe your setup is too bright then? I don't know as I have never used that filter. If I set my filter to Sol_Extra like you say, it is still too dull. However, what I do know is that on Teretonga, the ksDiffuse of most objects (as if changed in bulk) is set to 0.02 and that in itself is just too low.

I am really not wanting to argue with your points, but I don't think it does show that. All my PP filters except Adam's give a realistic effect (for example the daffodils above the pit-wall at Goodwood) - his is so bright there the difference between the yellow flowers and the green stems disappears.

i am sure you are right about the ksDiffuse and I am absolutely not an "I'm right, you're wrong" type of poster.

Greetings all,

I am working on my own custom Assetto Corsa simhub dash for my racing team. There are two things that I’d like to have on my dash but I can’t quite figure out how to do it ( programming was never my specialty).

1. I’d like to see when was the last time a car ( not mine ) pitted. This can be shown as either laps or as time, doesn't really matter to me ( though laps would be preferable ).

2. Simhub has various properties to see what tire compound I am using , how much fuel I have left in my tank etc . I’d like to see this data for the other cars on track; so I what tires and and how much fuel the car immediately ahead and behind me ( relative to my position on track ) has, the tires and fuel for two cars ahead and behind me , etc...

Simhub has leaderboard options where you can have the property selected display for a certain car position but this only seems to appear when using a premade property . If I’m just creating a text box and selecting a property to be displayed in that box I don’t see anywhere to add leaderboard configurations

Any guidance would be a incredibly appreciated

ps I’ve tried the Gary Swallow plugin which almost provides me what I’m looking for, but it only shows positions relative to the overall leaderboard and not relative to me on track ( not configured to show positions based on which cars are physically in front of and behind me on track ) which ultimately does me no good . If there is a way to change this to be relative to my position let me know

@Teddie get well soon. I made it my personal project to get to the bottom of this and get you a solution for midpit in AC. I actually made some progress since we last spoke about this. But then I sort of forgot about it. You know, so many new mods and updates every day that makes people forget things. But I'll pick it back up. I've gotten so far, that It's all about solving a mathematical equation at this point (with some missing variables for now, but now you said that you don't qualify, you taken quite a few unknown variables out of the equation), and math is something I used to be quite good at. You know before I stared wasting my life on Suzukas, Bathursts and such. :lol: :lol:

.../...However, Elio and I aren’t the only ones who have a gloomy dull look to the updates.../...
I'm in the same ballpark. I don't use any fancy filters, and when I drive these recent updated tracks, I have to raise the exposure (Sol config app) quite a bit to make them look acceptable.
This while the majority of tracks are all OK, as is the view in other sims.

Reworked:
Rafael Malagoli / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Suzuka Circuit v1.2
Update shaders
Remove 3Dgrass in kn5
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
Fixed missing pit_lane.ai
Update map, outline, and preview
https://sharemods.com/u1jq90dnowfb/suzuka_circuit.7z.html
preview.png
It would be nice if you could work on the other Malagoli's abandoned tracks, Fuji and Interlagos.
Thank you for the time and effort put in to bring those tracks back to life.

One of ma favourite hatchbacks was criminally misrepresented in AC so I had to change some things :

qkRjaUl.png

- More OEM colours
- 'stock' (lifted from the Focus ST but shhhhh) wheels
- front / rear plate

Enjoy x

https://we.tl/t-veXpBl31iu
Oh man, this is the one from Wack, right? Seeing this brought back all sorts of nightmares. I spent a day trying to fix the cockpit once but the textures are shared across a couple of low-res pngs (PNGS!) and the illogiocal way that materials are grouped defies belief. The instrument clusters look like photocopies of faxes so rather than tidy them up properly (or get proper high-res textures) it looks like the original modder just reduced the overall brightness to hide the artifacts, thus removing all of the warning lights and other detail etc from the dials. The various shader values applied to the cockpit are so random they seem to have been determined by a bingo caller.
I did manage some stuff like de-tippexing the window seals and fixing the shifting animation but silk purses and sow's ears was the background chant. The cockpit is a wormy turd that I couldn't even roll in glitter - it really needs deconstructing and materials assigning properly, so probably warrants the expert attention of @AC Modder to sort it out properly. What say you - could it be added to the list? It's a nice little car apart from the 8-bit cockpit.

Hello,
I just have a couple of quick questions on the latest SOL and Shaders patches which I just installed tonight. All up and seems to be working Now using Shaders patch version 1.6.1 and SOL 1.6.1 Was using SOL 1.5 previously.

May I ask what track can I try that has an animation in it to see that I am getting animations?

With turning on SOL-Rain weather and starting a race the AI cars in front of me when they leave a spray of rain from the back of each car,
it looks more like a black smoke trail, rather than a rain spray. Is that what I am supposed to get? The rain on the windshield looks
good.

thank you for any info.

I am updating my questions and answers to my original post above. i went the SOL's manual and set everything according to the manual

I found a great track to test SOl's/shader patches animations which is Mallory Park. The Windmill generators rotate and the helicopers blades rotate
which is pretty cool for the first time with latest versions listed above.

May I ask what controls the car rain tire spray when rain is turned on? i have now gone from a black tire spay mentioned above to now no tire spray effect at all. Any helpful ideas? At least no spray is better than that black tire spray.

take care

Oh man, this is the one from Wack, right? Seeing this brought back all sorts of nightmares. I spent a day trying to fix the cockpit once but the textures are shared across a couple of low-res pngs (PNGS!) and the illogiocal way that materials are grouped defies belief. The instrument clusters look like photocopies of faxes so rather than tidy them up properly (or get proper high-res textures) it looks like the original modder just reduced the overall brightness to hide the artifacts, thus removing all of the warning lights and other detail etc from the dials. The various shader values applied to the cockpit are so random they seem to have been determined by a bingo caller.
I did manage some stuff like de-tippexing the window seals and fixing the shifting animation but silk purses and sow's ears was the background chant. The cockpit is a wormy turd that I couldn't even roll in glitter - it really needs deconstructing and materials assigning properly, so probably warrants the expert attention of @AC Modder to sort it out properly. What say you - could it be added to the list? It's a nice little car apart from the 8-bit cockpit.

You're right about this one though... needs some serious work to get it to even a basic level of polish.
The performance is wayyyy off. 190BHP?! The Zetec trim had 140 had most. (My ST has 197BHP for comparison).
The handling is all wrong, the Fiesta likes to playfully slide about when pushed - not stick like glue.

I get that this 'mod' was thrown together whilst on the toilet it seems but I'm continually surprised that one of the WORLD'S BEST SELLING CARS (and rightly heralded as a 'drivers' car) is lacking on all sims... #SadFaceEmoji.

As an owner of a nippy Fiesta ST I'd like to see some more Fez's on AC. C'mon modders - make some decent everyday cars. We don't need anymore SuperGT's or GT3's. Yawn.

You're right about this one though... needs some serious work to get it to even a basic level of polish.
The performance is wayyyy off. 190BHP?! The Zetec trim had 140 had most. (My ST has 197BHP for comparison).
The handling is all wrong, the Fiesta likes to playfully slide about when pushed - not stick like glue.

I get that this 'mod' was thrown together whilst on the toilet it seems but I'm continually surprised that one of the WORLD'S BEST SELLING CARS (and rightly heralded as a 'drivers' car) is lacking on all sims... #SadFaceEmoji.

As an owner of a nippy Fiesta ST I'd like to see some more Fez's on AC. C'mon modders - make some decent everyday cars. We don't need anymore SuperGT's or GT3's. Yawn.

The other thing with this Fiesta mod is that in the data file in car.ini. the steer assist is 0.00.

I know its personal preference, but if kunos cars (bar F1 cars) have steer assist at 1.00, AND the new KTM which aris worked on has steer assist at 1.00...
Surely, please..it must be better at 1.00...(and it really is...)

Get well the best 4 you friend

I remember back when Wack was releasing all his mods on facebook a couple of years back.....they were all pretty bad.
It's a shame because he had good taste in cars, they were all cars I wanted in my garage, but he was just not a good modder and who was I to tell him that.
Now when I'm browsing assettoland for stuff and see his name in the credits, I'm like....hhmmm nope

Reworked:
Tewie and Rainmaker / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Adelaide 2011 v1.3
Update shaders and textures
Add skin in kn5 Adelaide Superloop 500 Re-Mix by Fred Basset
Add AI Improved by Pursang
Add 3dgrass and water
Add VAO
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/sapfe57fdv5n/adelaide2011.7z.html
preview.png

thanks to norms for the new version and remarks

Hi,

I think the update is awesome overall. The trees give a nice touch but the track is maybe a bit dark because of it. What do you think?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back