Carrera4 and Rainmaker / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Detroit 1988 v1.1
Update shaders
Add 3dgrass and water
Add VAO
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/8strxbnsm0cf/detroit1988.7z.html
preview.png

So I had a track in my collection that is of unknown (to me) origin, I think it might be by a group called "HTRS" but I'm not certain. Anyway it's ADM Raceway in Russia and even before I messed with it it was much better than the other one that's floating around. I don't even know where I originally got it. I made some updates to it:
  • added working starting lights
  • fixed some textures that didn't have alpha set properly
  • added GrassFX
  • gave it a dynamic groove
  • changed the preview
  • Removed some ugly signs and flags that aren’t there in real life
  • changed the name so it won't overwrite original
https://sharemods.com/5cxcf7l4q8h8/gb_machkovo.7z.html

Enjoy!

Last edited:
The black spray problem has been fixed: Sol 1.5.5 + 1.6.2 launched.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/updates

Ah it all works now. As @bflorezr says the rain rear tire spray works now - correct color spray.

If you were like me and followed the steps of the manual far as all the settings. In the Particles FX window settings,
do NOT enable the "New smoke and dust". For me that turned off the rear Tire spray effect.

Out of interest what does this mean?
For example i downloaded the latest V8's from there about a month ago...should i be worried?

No. If there was a virus it would have shown up for everyone who uses anti virus. (even windows Defender would pick something up) it's prolly a false positive or something else lurking on the posters pc.

Reworked:
GutBomb / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
ADM Machkovo v1.1
Update shaders
Add VAO
https://sharemods.com/1b9y8ubgxlfd/gb_machkovo.7z.html
preview.png

Whatever process @__EASY__ uses for this messed up a shader that I added to the track for the starting lights (ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive) so I had to redo that part and repackage it. It seems like you might be doing this through automation and you're going to miss things like that.

Also the grassfx configuration was messed up too. There are textures in there that have sand and grass in the same texture and grass is only supposed to show up on green, but you changed the threshold to -1 which makes the whole texture grow grass. it made a bunch of brown grass like this:

upload_2020-7-27_19-22-32.png

instead of how it's supposed to be:
upload_2020-7-27_19-23-5.png

I very much appreciate the work you're doing to make these older tracks nicer looking, but with the way you're just churning them out it's like there's no care placed in the process to pay attention to the details. Please keep this stuff in mind, especially since your reworked tracks all overwrite the originals.

Here's a link to the fix of the fix of the fix.

(link updated in my original post as well)

Reworked:
Rainmaker / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Anderstorp 2007 v1.3
Update shaders
Remove grass, public and crowd
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
https://sharemods.com/jlturkfuj66h/anderstorp2007.7z.html
preview.png
Any road mesh experts on GTP? I'm curious if the road mesh/mapping/whatever is set up correctly for this mod. There are bumps at several corners in Anderstorp where it feels like I'm driving over a gap because the road sections were not properly connected.

It's a paymod Paulo.

Also @Sokinawa I bought the Season Pass for the DTM mod but have no email or download link for this. Did you get one?

Hey mate,

Nevertheless, paid or not, if stating a MOD, usually add a link.
If it is the site of the paid mod, why not adding it? I'm not saying to post a link of a paid mod for free.

Cheers mate :cheers:

Whatever process @__EASY__ uses for this messed up a shader that I added to the track for the starting lights (ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive) so I had to redo that part and repackage it. It seems like you might be doing this through automation and you're going to miss things like that.

Also the grassfx configuration was messed up too. There are textures in there that have sand and grass in the same texture and grass is only supposed to show up on green, but you changed the threshold to -1 which makes the whole texture grow grass. it made a bunch of brown grass like this:

View attachment 944395

instead of how it's supposed to be:
View attachment 944396

I very much appreciate the work you're doing to make these older tracks nicer looking, but with the way you're just churning them out it's like there's no care placed in the process to pay attention to the details. Please keep this stuff in mind, especially since your reworked tracks all overwrite the originals.

Here's a link to the fix of the fix of the fix.

(link updated in my original post as well)

Wait, this is the fix of the fix of the fix, or is the fix of the fix of the fix of the fix of the 1st fix?
:odd::lol:

Guys, sorry for my absence lately. Getting surgery soon, hopefully be back in the swing of things soon.

I wanted to post something I've discovered during my experiments with getting AI to pit mid-race, around 20 to 30 laps. What I've found and the way I've been doing it goes against what I think is normal, but works absolutely perfect for my play style.

1. First off, I don't have time to do qualifying. So what I usually do is setup a range of AI strength, with me starting at the back of the grid, in which I can pretty much get through the back half of the grid and then have to fight hard against the leading half of the grid.

2. What I've found that was making getting the AI to mid-pit very hit or miss is the fact that some tracks have the ideal line ai file and some don't. The ideal line seems to be just a copy of the main fast ai line. The ideal-line seems to make the AI do at least some initial calculation for fuel even without qualifying. You can test this by starting a race with the ideal line in place, check ai fuel. Then do the same race after disabling the ideal line. The one without the ideal line will typically fill to capacity.

3. What I've done, and this is where it it's not such a normal thing to do, is I've disabled all of the ideal-lines of the tracks I have installed. What that does for me, is make the AI fill to capacity and gives me the ability to set fuel consumption solidly based off the AI's full tanks. I start the race, fill my tank to capacity as well, and then me and the AI will pit around lap 15 of a 30 lap race, for instance. The consumption that I set is saved for a specific grid of cars that I'm running, so I can save it for that grid and reuse it whenever and get consistent mid-pit behavior (as long as the ideal-line is not there. If the ideal line is there, the AI will start with very inconsistent fuel amounts from track to track before qualifying. And as I said, for me personally, I don't have time (or just don't like) doing qualifying.).

... I forget what I was trying to say here. I hope this helps someone. Love you guys and gals.

Have you tried to change value in "fuel_cons.ini".

I think (not remember well) 3 or 4 laps on qualifying is enought for the ai to estimate fuel.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back