Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,271 comments
Hello,

Using a car found here, i try to recreate the MP4/8B used by Senna, late 1992, to test the lamborghini motor in the MP4.
All is not perfect (very few pics from this test, i just remember that the McLaren was all white). I have integrated a V12 motor (from A Ferrari file, data and sound).
It was found to compare the smooth of the Ford V8 with the Flat 12 in a same frame !

Attachments

• Screenshot_f1_1993_mclaren b_limerock_raceway_fm7_30-7-120-10-9-5.jpg
    Screenshot_f1_1993_mclaren b_limerock_raceway_fm7_30-7-120-10-9-5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 50
Renault Twingo RS 133

I have modified Wack's Twingo GT to the RS 133 spec:

Correct Power
Working Wipers
Added Dirt Glass
New Collider
Clean Skins
LODS
2 Sets Of Tyres
Other Small Fixes

* no flames, probably silly on this street car

I am releasing as 0.9 as there is still work to do such as gear change indicator LED on the RS and other refinements. Feel free to modify the car anyway you wish and thanks so much to Wack for the original model!!

Enjoy :)

https://sharemods.com/sf270vre1h8z/renault_twingo_rs.rar.html
Thanks!
Do you fancy adding wipers (and maybe instrument lights... and LoDs) to the RS Twingo Hipermax by Momma Bongos? I posted a link yesterday in case you missed it.

I will take a look, can we contact Momma Bongos? Maybe they have them coming in an update
I contacted her yesterday about LoDs and she said she's not working on this car any more and is happy for others to update it.
(she's actually a member here but doesn't post directly and wants to stay relatively anonymous... this is the second car she's sent to me to make public)

Guys, I'm currently working on edits for Complex String.

So far, I've tackled the following: TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Created skin to replace ugly trees ● Closed holes in terrain mesh ● Fixed AI Lines ● Fixed transparent textures ● Remove errant planar meshes ● Added extended terrain mesh around main track ● Added new grass and roads shaders ● Added config file for GrassFX, reflective glass, flags etc. ● Replaced surrounding mountains ● Added skin with better, more vibrant or darkened, higher-resolution textures for roads, signage, etc. ● Added VAO patch ● Added new UI preview, outline, geo tags, description text, etc.

Next, I will be adding marshalls to the marshall stands, etc. as well as taking suggestions from my past posts about this track from Masscot and our other friends here into consideration.

Finally, I will also be including a reverse layout. I've already set up reverse s/f, timing dummies, etc for it, and I'm going to ping my friends @KevinK2 or @LiquidSkyMan to help with AI on both layouts to see who has time.

I'd like to add location and geo tags. I've initially set it up as USA. Does anyone have a different recommendation?

View attachment 945048

About the location of Complex String: Because it is a fictional GranTurismo track I have selected the (new) Polyphony Digital adress for all my GranTurismo tracks:

Tokyo, Toyo District, Japan

I know that is unrealistic for most of the GT-tracks, but I only need the geotags for weather selection.

Hello,

Please, don't consider this as a wish list. Far from it.

But as we already noticed, some modders, keep working on cars that we already have 4, 5 or even more, same models (not a bad thing tho).
Just want to point a personal opinion here.

Would be great, if the skilled modders focused on different mods.

- Off topic post. Example: While the huge major of people make the same liveries (Gulf, Marlboro, Martini) - Hundreds - I make less knowed liveries.
Something that gives me huge amount of pleasure, because of the less knowed and hard to find/make sponsors.
I am refering to GT Sport.
The same filosophy applies to car mods.

To reach the end of this post, wouldn't be nice to have someone working on;

Ford Cortina MKII
d7433dd7cae6523f0461b438ddb78e68.jpeg

Lotus Elite
2UKLotusElite2.png

Just two examples, I wanted to share with you.

Hello guys, please, can anyone fix this jungle on Aspertsham? It looks like they haven't mowed for a long time. :lol: ( CSP 0.1.62)

jALaE5b

ex1q9Fe

jALaE5b

I dont have this track, but whoever did the grass fx in the config file needs to lower the Multiplier level or size values. I have seen this on a few other tracks.

Hi Teddie,

Been having some PC problems that took a few days to get right, but I have time this weekend unless I might be working on finishing off High Plains for @KevinK2

Hey @KevinK2 U want to do the AI for this one or should I? I could finish off High Plains or start this one, it's up to U, or if U'd like to do both that's ok too. It's not like I can't find a track to make AI for! :lol:

later dudes, I got Reboot AI appointments to keep and 100s of miles to drive B4 I sleep :cool:
Dave

No worries Dave, I got her done, let's collaborate on something else down the line though, okay? Glad the 'puter is back. I was beginning to feel lonely. ;)

AI for High Plains Raceway

Full layout sidelines by @LiquidSkyMan

https://mega.nz/file/uoBx2YJS#zbKN6wYrXIE7YJp0Kh9L_ap71KVBWz8B_34w2kw0DyU

RD link:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-high-plains-raceway-1-0-1.34948/

Fully race tested to get cars to the finish line.
Back up them files, just in case.

If we are talking about cars we want mods for I've been dying for an Autozam AZ-1 or an Mazda RX-500

When I saw what reznobich was up to with the concept cars I was salivating at the possibility of an RX-500 but with the direction those cars have gone ($8 for one mostly unfinished and broken car with bad window shaders and almost no interior) my hope is gone.

Both cars are in Gran Turismo 5 and 6, and I think the RX-500 is also in GT Sport. I pray to the car conversion wizards.

I had the same problem a month ago and I think I solved it by disabling the Camtool2 app and any expendable app. I also left the default options for CSP.

Yeah except I don't have Camtool 2 app, definitely something is up with the latest release. With 0.1.60 not having the same issue.

I would ask this question on the CSP Discord, but I'm really not in the mood for being verbally abused for no particular reason...

With the new CSP version 0.1.62, I can no longer save changes to the cockpit camera position, or the per-car FFB settings set with the in-game FFB app, among other things. What I get is whatever is preset in the mod files, not the settings changes that I enter. If I go back to build 0.1.61, everything works as it should.

Also, normally when I run a particular UI desktop within game, it remembers the last one I used when I close a driving session and reopen it. Now, it no longer remembers which UI screen I last ran.

Anyone else having similar issues?

EDIT: confirmed all issues on Discord, thankfully without abuse. Persistence files aren't working.

Do you have the link to their CSP Discord channel? Having some issue with 0.1.62, big FPS drop with reload of a the same race or after the initial first race. Problem not resolved unless I restart the computer.

I would ask this question on the CSP Discord, but I'm really not in the mood for being verbally abused for no particular reason...

EDIT: confirmed all issues on Discord, thankfully without abuse. Persistence files aren't working.
They just want to rough you up a little bit because of that avatar of yours.

* no flames, probably silly on this street car
Thank you. It gets rather annoying to have to remove flames from 75% of street cars when they were made for the street. Some modders are a bit silly.

Hello guys, please, can anyone fix this jungle on Aspertsham? It looks like they haven't mowed for a long time. :lol: ( CSP 0.1.62)

jALaE5b

ex1q9Fe

jALaE5b
You can fix it. That's the wonderful thing about Assetto Corsa. Go into the config and find the size value under Grass FX. Looks like someone forgot to put a decimal in there or something.
(If you need some help, post up the config file here and I can point it out. I'm not at my rig computer)

Last edited:
Here are a few more that I've been working on this past week.

AI for acf milan castello:

https://mega.nz/file/ioJgVKZS#nmt4LuB0-QEWfe3CqkNnWaaVF2B5IgX74NaemUhYryA

This was a tricky one, the sweepers contain different surfaces and some dips and bumps, so my ai hints file is about as long as my arm. Some cars hated it, some not so much. Driving F1 cars through here is a blast though.

AI for T78 Hockenheimring:
https://mega.nz/file/m8pHDaJL#iqKvndo0wdIOAhE_FU6ZGNbp6KquH9t1iIWre1h-030

4 full layouts
EDIT: updated 1/16/2021, now with rain fx

AI for Sonoma (Reboot version?):

https://mega.nz/file/S0RhnCoa#yqwGsv1s-u7ViBKy2A4oYkmVCLttOXvNxuSr49RObGs

This is for the original bumpier version, which I somewhat prefer. Indy, Nascar, and WTCC versions only. I did not touch the Long version as it performs well for me.

EDIT: I just remembered, the race grid start on Sonoma's Nascar layout is a straight line from start/finish, which is outside of normal driving side line. I could only extend the sideline so far, so if you use the full amount of ai, it will put the last car outside the side line, and it will not start. Therefore, I think user is limited to 29 max ai, unless user starts last. The start was changed in the rt_sonoma version (smooth version).

All track are thoroughly tested with various cars at 100% strength and aggression (which usually means I can't keep up with my own ai :rolleyes:).
I hope some of you will find these enjoyable to race with.

Kevin

Last edited:
Boy, you guys sure are on a roll with the cameras! Thanks for that! I have a couple of tracks here that I think are a bit neglected and could do with some of your expertise:

California Coast
- Has great potential. Needs a graphical overhaul, though. Especially the "patchy" grass and rock elements and the water texture.
- LINK: https://easyupload.io/4tjw58

Circuito Vasco Sameiro
- Straight gMotor2 port. Not bad but not brilliant either. This one could do with a better replay camera.
- LINK: https://easyupload.io/4lktj3

Many thanks in advance.

Disregard my post if I'm (unknowingly) out-of-order.

Are there/ has someone updates / reworks for California Coast GRID 2 ?

any grass config for porsche liepzig?
Yes indeed there is one ... but just for Porsche Leipzig ... :D

upload_2020-7-30_18-54-41.png

Edit: Ok, it´s mainly aniversary day of release of the track, so put this code into existing leipzig_porsche.ini to get the grass you seen in above screenshot :) :

Code:
[DEFAULTS]
Grass__leipzig_porsche=GRAS?,
Roads__leipzig_porsche=ROAD?, pits?, RMBL?, KERB, GRVL1997, Material #11701,

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = $Grass__leipzig_porsche
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = $Roads__leipzig_porsche
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA = $Water__leipzig_porsche
; Spawn mask settings
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = -1
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_BLUR=1
SHAPE_SIZE=2
SHAPE_TIDY=0
SHAPE_CUT=0
TRIM_PERIOD=365
TEXTURE=grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID=8, 3

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 1, 1 ; first piece stars with cell at (1; 1), coordinates skip first row, so it would be that piece with a single yellow flower

PIECE_1 = 2, 1 ; second piece, takes a single cell as well
PIECE_1_CHANCE = 0.025 ; would appear 10 times less often then first two pieces

PIECE_2 = 1, 2, 2, 1 ; third piece, with yellow and white flower, taking 2×1 slots
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 0.00125 ; would appear 10 times less often then first two pieces

PIECE_3 = 3, 1, 1, 2 ; piece taking 1×2 slots, the one with purple flowers
PIECE_3_CHANCE = 0.000145 ; would appear 100 times less often
PIECE_3_SIZE_MULT = 1.2, 2 ; default size multiplier is based on size in cells, overriding
PIECE_3_WIND = 0.5 ; less affected by wind (default value is 1)

; configuration A for shorter near grass
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0, 1.75
TRIM_PERIOD = 365
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.125

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = $Grass__leipzig_porsche
MAP = A

Porsche Leipzig new Grass FX config code!!! Enjoy. :cheers:

Last edited:
Also when i finish the Zonda F its 90% done and after i maybe rework some of my old cars i might do these two since i have the models of them and if i'm not lazy i might do special editions of the two like an Brunei special the interior trimmed with wood and a added zonda amg engine and a Koenig special edition with stuff like it having some crazy parts on the car. The two are the SLK R170 and the SL500 AMG
Mercedes-SLK-R170-1996-2004-3D-Model.jpg

Mercedes-SL500-AMG-r129-1989-2001-3d-model.jpg

ShaftPP: aka dawn2dusk

v1.0 by RMi_wood

What?
A PP filter for Assetto Corsa, using SoL 1.6+ lua for consistency

Why?
A realistic (or not so) filter for showing those sunrays coming from the dawn/dusk

Set your track for sunrise.. sunset... drive through a forest, a city, a togue...
Watch out! You will get a little glare coming around that corner!

Attachments

• ShaftPP.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 58
  • dawn2dusk-a.ini.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back