Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,807 comments
I see a few people fixing up some tracks recently...could someone give some TLC to Palm Beach International Raceway? It’s got some....issues.

And I don’t mean just adding 3dgrass and fixing the horizon.

I am taking the Palmbeach Raceway that was posted here not too long ago and I am reversing the direction of everything - the pit stalls and starting grid and putting the starting grid in the correct straight section.

I have 2 test car pit stalls and 2 starting grid car spots for initial testing.
All the timing and start finish line boxes are in place correctly, also the hotlap box in new correct place.

Once I get a fast lane and side lines going, I just have to move all the rest of the grid spots and turn rest of pit stalls around to the correct locations
Most that will fit in the pits is about 20 cars.

Unless someone else is already doing this. I should have everything working in correct direction in about a week.

Let me know if someone else is doing this.

I am taking the Palmbeach Raceway that was posted here not too long ago and I am reversing the direction of everything - the pit stalls and starting grid and putting the starting grid in the correct straight section.

I have 2 test car pit stalls and 2 starting grid car spots for initial testing.
All the timing and start finish line boxes are in place correctly, also the hotlap box in new correct place.

Once I get a fast lane and side lines going, I just have to move all the rest of the grid spots and turn rest of pit stalls around to the correct locations
Most that will fit in the pits is about 20 cars.

Unless someone else is already doing this. I should have everything working in correct direction in about a week.

Let me know if someone else is doing this.
Awesome!

I love x4's work, we all know its a complete and total game changer. But christ, I wish, even from the first shader onward (0.1.25 preview44 :odd:) - get everything to work for %98-%99 of users.

Add some features, consequently somethings broke by adding features, fix.... wait. All right, everyone's good?
Add feature set three. Some features don't work in set three, some stuff is broke from set two. Fix... wait. All good?
Feature set four...
Than you have a consistent, nearly perfect "Final" version. As of right now, the latest 'recommended / stable' version is 1.46 :eek:

And its not to late to start that approach. Because theres so many users posting so many odds and ends issues, that some of the problems that arouse at the beginning are coming full circle. Lights, black/brown water spray or whatever else that always pops up, along with all the other current issues and whatever earlier shaders they were recommended.

This is kinda why I haven't updated in two+ months, you have to inject AC juice into your juggler just to keep track of whats broke, whats working, what doesn't and the temp CM fixes until the next one comes out. Then those temp fixes break the next features, and on and on and on.

Please Ilja, hoping and praying. :lol::D:P:lol:

I'm with you on this. To be honest, I'm not even that likely to drive with wet weather very much, but I would really love to see all the other bells and whistles working as they should... and without eating all those precious FPS for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if that's even vaguely possible. Some time and many many builds ago, I used to be able to run lots of ExtraFX stuff without any problem. Now, I have to have them all off to get a good framerate, which is disappointing.

I'm with you on this. To be honest, I'm not even that likely to drive with wet weather very much, but I would really love to see all the other bells and whistles working as they should... and without eating all those precious FPS for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if that's even vaguely possible. Some time and many many builds ago, I used to be able to run lots of ExtraFX stuff without any problem. Now, I have to have them all off to get a good framerate, which is disappointing.
I kinda agree that the developement is moving too fast, but if a "company" wants progress, you have to add and add new stuff little by little, to test them and not to have a too big of a leap when adding them all at once. Many companies have an approach of heaving two separate development branches, and I see Sol going in that direction with his double builds. You have a stable and a developement branch of software. When something is tested and developed to a certain point, it gets moved to a stable branch. Then it is up to you, the user, on what branch path you want to be on. Do you want everything to just work, or do you want to help in development and be a tester, at the expense of not always heaving the optimal experience.

But we are talking about one guy (yes I know he has help) doing all the heavy lifting here, so it's maybe a lot to ask from him to maintain two branches of the same software. Ideally you would have two seperate teams each working on it's own branch. But again we are talking corporate strategies here and professional software development, not a hobby development software someone does in his spare time. Would make things easier for him as well though. He could do all the ground breaking stuff, not worrying what gets broken when adding new features, and another team of guys would polish the stable side of things.

I think a bigger problem for us AC users is the fact that his talent is most definitely not going by unnoticed in the corporate world. There are a lot of talented people, but there are very few talented as Ilya. This is borderline genius stuff he is doing here, adding stuff professional companies can't or don't know how. And people like this get snatched up by bigger companies very fast. We can only hope he is a free-spirited guy that doesn't want to be part of a system, working for someone. But even then, usually the sound of money is just to alluring.

Last edited:
Does CSP 1.6.x feel... off... to anyone? I feel like it's got some weird graphical issues like flickering skies and weird hand shadows. The smoke also seems a little weird too. I was using 1.4.6 before, and everything looked fine. Yesterday I updated to Sol 1.6 and CSP 1.6.2 along with New Horizon shaders +Natural Mod PPFilter and it feels like I'm constantly tinkering with CSP settings now. Nothing looks right..

I love x4's work, we all know its a complete and total game changer. But christ, I wish, even from the first shader onward (0.1.25 preview44 :odd:) - get everything to work for %98-%99 of users.

Add some features, consequently somethings broke by adding features, fix.... wait. All right, everyone's good?
Add feature set three. Some features don't work in set three, some stuff is broke from set two. Fix... wait. All good?
Feature set four...
Than you have a consistent, nearly perfect "Final" version. As of right now, the latest 'recommended / stable' version is 1.46 :eek:

And its not to late to start that approach. Because theres so many users posting so many odds and ends issues, that some of the problems that arouse at the beginning are coming full circle. Lights, black/brown water spray or whatever else that always pops up, along with all the other current issues and whatever earlier shaders they were recommended.

This is kinda why I haven't updated in two+ months, you have to inject AC juice into your juggler just to keep track of whats broke, whats working, what doesn't and the temp CM fixes until the next one comes out. Then those temp fixes break the next features, and on and on and on.

Please Ilja, hoping and praying. :lol::D:P:lol:

It's very true it's a great addon but they are releasing new features very fast without proper testing this is why the version aren't stable, it's the style of development they are choosing to use and I don't think it will change. I mean every month we see a new breakthrough with the patch that is being made and the lack of testing is showing.

Couldn't agree more. Ever since moving up to 0.1.62, it has completely broke the game for me. Even now downgrading to 0.1.60 my FPS dropped by 20 or so once I start a second race. Only resolved by restarting the computer but then it will happen all over again, it's as if something in the background is sucking up all the resource. How can the same race, same number of cars with no change at all between the first and second race have a 20+fps. This isn't a CPU or GPU resource issue, running a 3900X and RTX 2080Ti, not having this same issue with ACC, AM2..etc

Does CSP 1.6.x feel... off... to anyone? I feel like it's got some weird graphical issues like flickering skies and weird hand shadows. The smoke also seems a little weird too. I was using 1.4.6 before, and everything looked fine. Yesterday I updated to Sol 1.6 and CSP 1.6.2 along with New Horizon shaders +Natural Mod PPFilter and it feels like I'm constantly tinkering with CSP settings now. Nothing looks right..

CSP updates can feel a little like 'two steps forward, one step back' at times but don't lose sight of the fact that these are all beta development builds (often with several alpha components) so are likely to contain bugs and glitches. That's why a much earlier build is the recommended stable version.
CSP test builds are called 'previews' because that's what they are: a preview of development features that could make it into the 'final' 1.0 release, whenever that might be.
Think of any CSP updates after the recommended build as bonuses, ones that offers early access to exciting new features but that also carry an associated risk of instability.

Last edited:
Very true mate ! It's no doubt his magic new feature do draw quite a number of focus among the sim world and re-energize the whole game. Imagine the Geforce driver is also having same issue to build a one fit for all stable drivers for hundred millions gaming PC in the world !

The latest 1.62 stuff work absolutely fine in my PC and I am not a VR player, compare to 1.61 I do think the code is further optimized and I can feel the # of slutter reduce when running 100 cars. So it's definitely bring improvement from my point of view.

I think we just need to be patience for Ilya & Peter to fix some known issue and keep enjoying the game !

I kinda agree that the developement is moving too fast, but if a "company" wants progress, you have to add and add new stuff little by little, to test them and not to have a too big of a leap when adding them all at once. Many companies have an approach of heaving two separate development branches, and I see Sol going in that direction with his double builds. You have a stable and a developement branch of software. When something is tested and developed to a certain point, it gets moved to a stable branch. Then it is up to you, the user, on what branch path you want to be on. Do you want everything to just work, or do you want to help in development and be a tester, at the expense of not always heaving the optimal experience.

But we are talking about one guy (yes I know he has help) doing all the heavy lifting here, so it's maybe a lot to ask from him to maintain two branches of the same software. Ideally you would have two seperate teams each working on it's own branch. But again we are talking corporate strategies here and professional software development, not a hobby development software someone does in his spare time. Would make things easier for him as well though. He could do all the ground breaking stuff, not worrying what gets broken when adding new features, and another team of guys would polish the stable side of things.

I think a bigger problem for us AC users is the fact that his talent is most definitely not going by unnoticed in the corporate world. There are a lot of talented people, but there are very few talented as Ilya. This is borderline genius stuff he is doing here, adding stuff professional companies can't or don't know how. And people like this get snatched up by bigger companies very fast. We can only hope he is a free-spirited guy that doesn't want to be part of a system, working for someone. But even then, usually the sound of money is just to alluring.

Hi, I have a few questions for you:

- In your opinion what's the best 2015-16 F1 car for AC?
- I haven't really seen many 2009-2013 F1 mods, I have the 2009 Williams from VRC and I saw a 2010 F1 season mod but I think it was Simdream so I don't know. Are there any good ones?
- Also, I'm really interested in the 83-84 post ground effect but pre turbo madness F1, are there any good cars from those seasons?

Thanks in advance

Here's a GrassFX config for Mosport 2019 from track author Johnr777. Just add the text to the end of the current config in the track folder.
Grass seems a little long but it might be due to get cut today, otherwise adjust height to suit your preference.
There should be a 2.0 update to the track in the next few weeks.

Code:
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = roadedge,Background
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA =
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = kerb,mosport_skidmarks,roadlines,ROAD
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = Mosport_3d_grass
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
MASK_BLUR = 1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD =
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.01
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0, 4.0
SHAPE_TIDY = 1, 0
SHAPE_CUT = 1, 0
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3
[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 1, 1
PIECE_1 = 1, 2, 2, 1
PIECE_1_CHANCE = 1
PIECE_2 = 6, 1
PIECE_3 = 7, 1
PIECE_4 = 8, 1
PIECE_5 = 2, 1
PIECE_6 = 2, 2
PIECE_7 = 2, 3
PIECE_8 = 1, 3
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
TEXTURE_BASE_CHANCE = 1
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.8
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.7
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.01
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.2, 4.0
SHAPE_TIDY = 1, 0
SHAPE_CUT = 1, 0
[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = roadedge,Background
MAP = A

Oh, I'm positive it's nothing that you've done. It might be to do with the latest shader patch, which has some issues (weird smoke, AI mirrors displaying the red/blue setup screens etc). Those light don't appear on my car, only on the AI cars, and only at LOD zero.
If you check the LODs in CM Showroom the lights are there in LOD zero but not in your new LODs 1, 2 and 3... but they shouldn't be there at all unless the light bar is active. Weird..!
I might check the data folder in the morning or speak to MB about it. The car's got an insane amount of grip and AI cars seem to pull away on the straights so the physics might need looking at too. It's good fun though!
She said she had the skin PSD file if anyone wanted to do some skins for it.

I love her car, sure grippy it is.
started a frankenstein skin yesterday for it, not to race with clones
can you share the psd, plz? i'll try to do some more civilized one...
big thanks to your mama, she did a bongo great job 👍

Screenshot_rs_twingo_hm_baskerville_beta_08_30-7-120-23-12-32.jpg

Last edited:
CSP updates can feel a little like 'two steps forward, one step back' at times but don't lose sight of the fact that these are all beta development builds (often with several alpha components) so are likely to contain bugs and glitches. That's why a much earlier build is the recommended stable version.
CSP test builds are called 'previews' because that's what they are: a preview of development features that could make it into the 'final' 1.0 release, whenever that might be.
Think of any CSP updates after the recommended build as bonuses, ones that offers early access to exciting new features but that also carry an associated risk of instability.

Dont get me wrong. I think Ilja has done (and continues to do) a brilliant job with CSP. I'm amazed his head doesn't explode while making all the great enhancements he brings to AC, but... I'd still love to see fixes get higher priority than further features at this point.

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong. I think Ilja has done (and continues to do) a brilliant job with CSP. I'm amazed his head doesn't expode while making all the great enhancements he brings to AC, but... I'd still love to see fixes get higher priority than further features at this point.
I know what you mean, but maybe the philosophy is to get rain and dynamic shadows in now then bug fix everything with those active, otherwise adding them after the CSP was debugged might break previous fixes? No idea, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing... I hope..!
I rarely use the very latest builds (apart from a quick test) because bugs are extremely likely.

circuit soon finished, but I need some information to create the cameras, if anyone can help me or know a good tutorial about it.

It´s a very old one, but most things are still working that way:

And this little niche app should help getting faster the camera positions right:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-shaders-patch-debug-app-advanced.29060/

But I´m no good camera man, there should be for sure better tipps given from other ones around here. :)

Edit: beaten be seconds again from @norms :D
Gratulations :) 👍

Edit2: lol what a nice helpful community... :cheers: :D

I had an weird issue, i made an session with F1 cars at Bahrain but when i watched the cars i saw a pink line who had kind of followed the cars.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back