Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
I've got an issue with my lighting...I'm using the Natural Mod PPFilter and Horizon Shades settings on CSP 1.6. The problem is that whenever the driver's hands on the steering wheel go over a dash display they have a large shadow behind them that darkens the display until the the screen. Anyone knnow how to fix this?

hi do you have the peugeot 106 rally phase 1? I had it in my library and it's gone. Now I don't remember where I downloaded it from

thankss

are you lookin for this one?
upload_2020-7-30_15-36-55.png

or this one?
upload_2020-7-30_15-37-30.png

Guys, I'm currently working on edits for Complex String.

So far, I've tackled the following: TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Created skin to replace ugly trees ● Closed holes in terrain mesh ● Fixed AI Lines ● Fixed transparent textures ● Remove errant planar meshes ● Added extended terrain mesh around main track ● Added new grass and roads shaders ● Added config file for GrassFX, reflective glass, flags etc. ● Replaced surrounding mountains ● Added skin with better, more vibrant or darkened, higher-resolution textures for roads, signage, etc. ● Added VAO patch ● Added new UI preview, outline, geo tags, description text, etc.

Next, I will be adding marshalls to the marshall stands, etc. as well as taking suggestions from my past posts about this track from Masscot and our other friends here into consideration.

Finally, I will also be including a reverse layout. I've already set up reverse s/f, timing dummies, etc for it, and I'm going to ping my friends @KevinK2 or @LiquidSkyMan to help with AI on both layouts to see who has time.

I'd like to add location and geo tags. I've initially set it up as USA. Does anyone have a different recommendation?

View attachment 945048

If this is the same Complex String, the track I drove on felt nothing like GT3 version, almost lost in it, it seemed the author took a lot of liberty’s adding a series hills through the esses at the beginning & other elevation changes that weren't on the original. The grass seemed overly yellow. Glad somebody trying to improve it.

Hello,

Please, don't consider this as a wish list. Far from it.

But as we already noticed, some modders, keep working on cars that we already have 4, 5 or even more, same models (not a bad thing tho).
Just want to point a personal opinion here.

Would be great, if the skilled modders focused on different mods.

- Off topic post. Example: While the huge major of people make the same liveries (Gulf, Marlboro, Martini) - Hundreds - I make less knowed liveries.
Something that gives me huge amount of pleasure, because of the less knowed and hard to find/make sponsors.
I am refering to GT Sport.
The same filosophy applies to car mods.

To reach the end of this post, wouldn't be nice to have someone working on;

Ford Cortina MKII
d7433dd7cae6523f0461b438ddb78e68.jpeg

Lotus Elite
2UKLotusElite2.png

Just two examples, I wanted to share with you.
Indeed, it seem that at present it is more about daffodils and rain drops than racing.

Do you guys have a new website or Discord up anywhere, or is this the only place to keep tabs on your work? Really keen to get my hands on Mont Tremblant and I'd hate to miss it in this busy thread!
We got permission a while ago to open a dedicated thread here on GTP, purely for Reboot tracks. We figured it'd be good to have one place for all the official links and updates, and also where all user feedback can be gathered.
It hasn't happened yet though... maybe with the next few updates.

My two cents for Shiva's Honda GT500 :

- Darkened (a bit) exterior glasses
- Less intrusive interior windshield
- Increased Onboard Exposure (optional)
- Better (IMO) seat position (optional)

If you want the optional stuff, just rename the "data.acd" to something else.

Screenshot_chivas_hsv010gt_gt5002013_r2_jr_mosport_30-6-120-22-34-20.jpg Screenshot_chivas_hsv010gt_gt5002013_r2_jr_mosport_30-6-120-22-45-8.jpg

ShaftPP: aka dawn2dusk

v1.0 by RMi_wood

What?
A PP filter for Assetto Corsa, using SoL 1.6+ lua for consistency

Why?
A realistic (or not so) filter for showing those sunrays coming from the dawn/dusk

Set your track for sunrise.. sunset... drive through a forest, a city, a togue...
Watch out! You will get a little glare coming around that corner!
Thanks. I love your shaft pp

I've got an issue with my lighting...I'm using the Natural Mod PPFilter and Horizon Shades settings on CSP 1.6. The problem is that whenever the driver's hands on the steering wheel go over a dash display they have a large shadow behind them that darkens the display until the the screen. Anyone knnow how to fix this?

This is what I'm trying to fix.

issue.PNG

Last edited:
RenaultSport Twingo Hipermax

Model by Momma Bongos

updated per request to v1.70:

- Working Wipers
- Dirty Internal Glass
- LODs

I haven't changed anything in the data.acd other than the lod file

Enjoy :)

https://sharemods.com/4ivewehh1jkc/rs_twingo_hm.rar.html
Great stuff - thanks very much!
Not sure if this was the case with the original car or not (it probably was..!) but AI cars seem to have the rally lights active in lod zero - it's an option in the pre-race setup under 'generic/light bar' but they should be off by default. Didn't notice it before but it was likely the case.
To stop them appearing at all you can just rename LightBar.ksanim in the 'animations' folder, all cars will then never use them.

Screenshot_rs_twingo_hm_spa_30-7-120-22-57-53.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff - thanks very much!
Not sure if this was the case with the original car or not but AI cars seem to have the rally lights active in lod zero - it's an option in the pre-race setup under 'generic/light bar' but they should be off by default. Didn't notice it before but it might have been the case.
To stop them appearing at all you can just rename LightBar.ksanim in the 'animations' folder, all cars will then never use them.

View attachment 945185
That is odd as I didn't touch any settings and on my system the ai dont have those lights on? So I dont really know what is causing it sorry

That is odd as I didn't touch any settings and on my system the ai dont have those lights on? So I dont really know what is causing it sorry
Oh, I'm positive it's nothing that you've done. It might be to do with the latest shader patch, which has some issues (weird smoke, AI mirrors displaying the red/blue setup screens etc). Those light don't appear on my car, only on the AI cars, and only at LOD zero.
If you check the LODs in CM Showroom the lights are there in LOD zero but not in your new LODs 1, 2 and 3... but they shouldn't be there at all unless the light bar is active. Weird..!
I might check the data folder in the morning or speak to MB about it. The car's got an insane amount of grip and AI cars seem to pull away on the straights so the physics might need looking at too. It's good fun though!
She said she had the skin PSD file if anyone wanted to do some skins for it.

Do you have the link to their CSP Discord channel? Having some issue with 0.1.62, big FPS drop with reload of a the same race or after the initial first race. Problem not resolved unless I restart the computer.

You need an invite to join. This one was posted on RaceDepartment, but I'm not sure if it still works. Give it a try.

https://discord.gg/Z5mMU2

Has anybody had issue where the dirt map in tires are static as in not rotating the tire? It has not always been this way, any ideas?

It's a bug that has been reported by many on the CSP Discord. No fix is known at this point.... other than waiting until the bug is sorted by Ilja.

It's a bug that has been reported by many on the CSP Discord. No fix is known at this point.... other than waiting until the bug is sorted by Ilja.

I love x4's work, we all know its a complete and total game changer. But christ, I wish, even from the first shader onward (0.1.25 preview44 :odd:) - get everything to work for %98-%99 of users.

Add some features, consequently somethings broke by adding features, fix.... wait. All right, everyone's good?
Add feature set three. Some features don't work in set three, some stuff is broke from set two. Fix... wait. All good?
Feature set four...
Than you have a consistent, nearly perfect "Final" version. As of right now, the latest 'recommended / stable' version is 1.46 :eek:

And its not to late to start that approach. Because theres so many users posting so many odds and ends issues, that some of the problems that arouse at the beginning are coming full circle. Lights, black/brown water spray or whatever else that always pops up, along with all the other current issues and whatever earlier shaders they were recommended.

This is kinda why I haven't updated in two+ months, you have to inject AC juice into your juggler just to keep track of whats broke, whats working, what doesn't and the temp CM fixes until the next one comes out. Then those temp fixes break the next features, and on and on and on.

Please Ilja, hoping and praying. :lol::D:P:lol:

I love x4's work, we all know its a complete and total game changer. But christ, I wish, even from the first shader onward (0.1.25 preview44 :odd:) - get everything to work for %98-%99 of users.

Add some features, consequently somethings broke by adding features, fix.... wait. All right, everyone's good?
Add feature set three. Some features don't work in set three, some stuff is broke from set two. Fix... wait. All good?
Feature set four...
Than you have a consistent, nearly perfect "Final" version. As of right now, the latest 'recommended / stable' version is 1.46 :eek:

And its not to late to start that approach. Because theres so many users posting so many odds and ends issues, that some of the problems that arouse at the beginning are coming full circle. Lights, black/brown dust or whatever else, along with all the other current issues and whatever earlier shaders they were recommended.

This is kinda why I haven't updated in two+ months, you have to inject AC juice into your juggler just to keep track of whats broke, whats working, what doesn't and the temp CM fixes until the next one comes out. Then those temp fixes brake the next features.

Please Ilja, hoping and praying. :lol::D:P:lol:
It's very true it's a great addon but they are releasing new features very fast without proper testing this is why the version aren't stable, it's the style of development they are choosing to use and I don't think it will change. I mean every month we see a new breakthrough with the patch that is being made and the lack of testing is showing.

Couldn't agree more. Ever since moving up to 0.1.62, it has completely broke the game for me. Even now downgrading to 0.1.60 my FPS dropped by 20 or so once I start a second race. Only resolved by restarting the computer but then it will happen all over again, it's as if something in the background is sucking up all the resource. How can the same race, same number of cars with no change at all between the first and second race have a 20+fps. This isn't a CPU or GPU resource issue, running a 3900X and RTX 2080Ti, not having this same issue with ACC, AM2..etc

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back