Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
With today's update AC version is now 1.16.4. CSP will probably fix the message. I don't see anything to worry about.

Edit: With the update launcher files have changed. Also these cars' data.acd files seems updated:
View attachment 947335

First folder is empty for now. That's the Ferrari esports challenge car.

Also texture folder now contains files that are probably pushed by accident:
View attachment 947336
My steam don,t let my install anything. It says that it can access to game configuration. Is there any way to solve it?

I am one of those people who are rather unhappy with the looks of many Gilles75 tracks. The most obvious problem is the missing 3D grass on all his tracks. ...
I worked on a lot of gilles75 conversions and discussed it a while back with @LiquidSkyMan and some other ones, another problem of imo ALL his conversions are the surfaces. They have to much friction so cars seems to be sticky on the track and many curbs don´t give any effects.
Had a similiar idea like you @mrtomcat66, an basic overall surfaces.ini to substitute the odd ones he uses.

Extract the one in archive into trackfolder\data\ of every track you want to change.
Backup original files before by renaming old ones if you want to jump back to original ones (for example to surfaces_orig.ini).

I don´t tested it on all his convos, but I think most ones should get more realistic. But some tracks needs also renaming of some meshes to be handled as physical. But that´s a different story... ;)

#surfaces, #fix

Attachments

• surfaces.zip
    550 bytes · Views: 25
Just yesterday I was looking for street circuits used by ALMS; missing Baltimore, Miami, Trois Rivieres, Washington, Texas. On the other hand, the AI of Long Beach FM7 is not good.

Not a street course, but another missing ALMS track is the Kansas Roval... I found a copy of the Oval, but can't get at the twisty bits... :(

I got stuck waiting for an AI traffic jam to clear at the Long Beach circuit just last night... but I suspect AI is something the Reboot Wizards will be looking at.

Just yesterday I was looking for street circuits used by ALMS; missing Baltimore, Miami, Trois Rivieres, Washington, Texas. On the other hand, the AI of Long Beach FM7 is not good.

Wait there's a Long Beach conversion from FM7 knocking around ? Only have the other one (Terra21 ?)

there are not yet the cameras to show the track properly, patience it's still in alpha
You misunderstood me! I well understand that there are no replay cameras yet. When creating a video, you need to use one fixed camera on the car. It would help to see the track and understand the video. Thanks for your work, I appreciate it!

That Steam update list does not correspond to data.acd updates:
ks_mercedes_190_evo2
ktm_xbow_r
mercedes_sls
tatuusfa1

funny, updated data cars Merc 190 and XbowGT have rain on the windows when launched without CM.

I think another update will come soon. The choice of cars getting new data.acd is abit...
puzzling

Presumably, if you have a backup copy of your car collection, you could wait until the 'update' to v1.16.3 (or is it 1.16.4; I'm confused) is complete, than copy/paste the 'old' car files back into your assetto folders, right? Or would Steam try to 'update' your car files again?

Last edited:
the web belongs to @bmw35
That FB page refers to the Belcar Series... which would make a good mod!

Cars we have (or can use):
9x Norma M20 FC
1x Radical RS5 (use RD5 or SR8 - I have a SR5 model)
1x Radical RXC
1x Ford MARC V8 (Mustang GT)
1x BMW MARC V8 (235i)
4x Lamborghini Super Trofeo
1x Mercedes AMG GT4
2x Ginetta G55
1x BMW M3 E30
1x BMW E90 WTCC
6x BMW E90 325i
1x BMW M3 E92
6x Porsche 991 Cup
1x Porsche 996
1x Porsche 997
5x Porsche Cayman Club Sport

Cars needed:
2x BMW M240i ???
1x BMW M235i
1x BMW Z3M Coupe ???
2x Saker RAPX
1x BMW i8 GTR
1x Ligier JS53 EVO2 (modify Norma or another opentop proto)

So you steal the Mona Lisa, paint a mustache on her, claim it's an improvement, encrypt it and sell it as a copyprotected product. Brilliant!

Funnily enough Art is actually protected differently to most other things.... so yeah stealing the painting is a different crime...but stealing the image for gain is fair game...
(but yes i agree with you.....Art is different though)

Duchamp

ecf07c46e711ebf2f9871562917e98e3.jpg

Banksy

1252312.jpg

Not a street course, but another missing ALMS track is the Kansas Roval... I found a copy of the Oval, but can't get at the twisty bits... :(

I got stuck waiting for an AI traffic jam to clear at the Long Beach circuit just last night... but I suspect AI is something the Reboot Wizards will be looking at.

The guy who made the available Kansas track is here on this forum, it's @damone13x . I requested that he expand the New Hampshire Motor Speedway to include its road course and he did that within a couple of days so it's worth a shot asking him if that one is expandable as well!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back