Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
Hello,

how can I set BoP in Content Manager to use the Shaun Clarke Ginetta GT4 with Guerrilla GT4 cars? I know they will do Ginetta too, but I'd like to use it in the maintime.

Thank you

Espirit just released a new FC

ДЯДЯ ДИМА's cars are always cause for celebration, but what a shame - the driver's head hasn't been disabled for first person view and the model is encrypted so it can't be fixed in the normal way.
It's never nice having parts of the driver's face clipping through your vision as you drive.
Here's hoping the car gets an update.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Another one?
yeshaha.001.gif

1998 Neoplan Centroliner N4426 - - - by Bruce Kelt
Specs: Turocharged Diesel With 5-Speed Automatic..
BHP: 309
NM : 1250
Encryption (None)
CSP latest version is required.!! This will include Dash Animation, And More Lighting Features and Doors Open Command.
Credits:
3D Shell: Omsi 2 mod. (Prob GX7767)
3D Work: GX7767
Physics: Dmitrii A. x4fab (Orion VII NG)
Sounds : Ditto from Volvo Racing Trucks...
Pictures : Myself..
Few Skins Are Included.
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!`
Any issues found please report directly to name's mentioned above.
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...
Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/zkhGQI5K#MN3HPaHXMFX_9z6_Gok4LX82Yp4dFu1dncD1FCFd-6M
116878827_3250965374962084_5253133137692514244_o.jpg

WOW Another great Bus herre be go thanks a lot:dunce:

You are Legion for we are many.

I've fallen in the whole hole but neglected to fix it, will do.
The dust had me baffled, glad you could solved solve it.

Cheers :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Yeah I was scratching my head and then it hit me.
If I made the dirt 'grass' then there would be the same level of dirt as when you go off track on say Silverstone.
So the dirt has a grass fx on it.....
It is shall we say.....intense though in a race.......

Not sure it would be to everyones tastes but as a config easy to switch on and off....

P.S. not sure how you made these dirt oval cars so bloody good or why it took me so long to use them, but absolutely wonderful stuff.
Honestly it's up there with iRacing sprint cars, which i love.

ДЯДЯ ДИМА's cars are always cause for celebration, but what a shame - the driver's head hasn't been disabled for first person view and the model is encrypted so it can't be fixed in the normal way.
It's never nice having parts of the driver's face clipping through your vision as you drive.
Here's hoping the car gets an update.

Why does he encrypt GT 6 / Sport conversions ? He's not the bloody author. I'll never get it.

I totally agree , i also support all the creators , who work hard and keep assetto corsa alive and i hate the fact that people do the kind of things you said .

Now the question is shouldn't we support the people we want with our own donation ? because i have a feeling that this donations are just becoming payware (60 $ for that 20$ ,12$..) because i see that creators that i support just lost the fun of creating good content and just are making stuff just to make a few dollars. Maybe everything should be free and let us decide if your work is worthy of a donation or not...

You simply cannot compare what Ilja does with Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch and the work of 'modders'. It's in another league altogether.

Without Ilja's work (and it is hard, long long long hours of brain-crunching development and testing, followed by more development and more testing), other 'modders' simply wouldn't be able to do anything close to what they can now do. So...

Yes. Donations-by-choice aren't a bad idea for most cars and tracks, but when it comes to CM/CSP, I don't believe anyone should feel it's OK to STEAL Ilja's efforts.

That's all I want to say about this, but I hope the person who's name is now in my 'book of the damned' sleeps very badly tonight and for many more night's to come. **** them.

Yeah I was scratching my head and then it hit me.
If I made the dirt 'grass' then there would be the same level of dirt as when you go off track on say Silverstone.
So the dirt has a grass fx on it......

This is exactly the kind of thinking I can really appreciate! These sprinters are not my cup of coffee (Ive watched dirt sprinters when I was younger (I am American)) however this technique can be used for Rally/RX etc.

great "hack"

You simply cannot compare what Ilja does with Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch and the work of 'modders'. It's in another league altogether.

Without Ilja's work (and it is hard, long long long hours of brain-crunching development and testing, followed by more development and more testing), other 'modders' simply wouldn't be able to do anything close to what they can now do. So...

Yes. Donations-by-choice aren't a bad idea for most cars and tracks, but when it comes to CM/CSP, I don't believe anyone should feel it's OK to STEAL Ilja's efforts.

That's all I want to say about this, but I hope the person who's name is now in my 'book of the damned' sleeps very badly tonight and for many more night's to come. **** them.

Post of the day.!
Ilja just makes asseto what it is today. Without his work there wouldnt be 1500 pages on this topic.

The 2000 dollars he gets on patreon are absolutly deserved.

And he does it for free let us remember this!!

There is no need to buy or donate to get his stuff like other "modders" do.

I cant understand people who share his stuff...
Share sim sh.... mods because they steal from others.
But dont do it on a guy who spents his free time for US !

Everything seems to work just fine.....just CM now has an error as it's expecting 1.16.3, not 1.16.4....not sure whether there might be any adverse effects from this....
here it wont work nothing, im checking integraty of the game, and i read there has been an update, and a ferrari is coming to the game by kunos ? Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks for the AI update @KevinK2 Havent used this track for quite a while - Did a few races on VRC Alabame-Barber Motorsports with new AI and discovered that my SURFACES file was missing the KEY=ROAD friction parameter. Below is what I added. Was wondering why the track was so slippery. I dont know what the default is if you are missing a KEY friction - is it like ..80?

My version has a config file with some lights, but no Grass FX yet - if someone would like to add that to the config file.

VRC Alabama-Barber Motorsports Park
new grass config:
upload_2020-8-7_10-55-7.png

Didn´t touched the existing lights config in folder "loaded", instead created a new one some months back just a folder upstairs for the new grass and a few brightness tweaks based on my personal taste. :)
Extract new config ini to ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\vrc_alabama.ini or combine both versions to one (though there are almost none lights in lights ini btw.)

Thx for the road surface fix @dathyr. 👍 :cheers:

Enjoy...

PS: Oh I try a new system on my posts (still reediting old ones) to get them found better in this "huge monster" thread. ;)
Something like hashtags even they don´t work as intended. The # in the search is ignored for now, but maybe it will be changed in the future? :)

#config, #grass fx, #tweak

Attachments

• vrc_alabama.zip
    1 KB · Views: 82
Hello everyone. First of all, thanks to everyone for all the mods, quite impressive stuff to pass quarantine.
Second, I´m trying to learn how to add lights to tracks. ATM I can´t figure out why the cars and the lollipop man are radioactive but I´m guessing it has something to do with some material adjustment ks thing... any ideas? :boggled:
01.PNG

Third: An update for assetto corsa? oh 2020....

Hey @pk3r72owns i'm running into a bit of a weird issue with Thunderhill... any ideas? Only thunderhill has this problem.

View attachment 947293

Hi, Odd one that! never seen anything like it before...

Can you delete the extension folder in the track directory and then unzip this one in it's place? give that a go. If not it must be some shader / filter bug, if it still doesn't work also try deleting the .vao-patch from the track directory.

Attachments

• extension.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
I am one of those people who are rather unhappy with the looks of many Gilles75 tracks. The most obvious problem is the missing 3D grass on all his tracks. The recent track updates by EASY gave me the idea to update the tracks myself by adding an extension file. I did hope that his code is similar for all his tracks, so I just have to create one ext_config.ini for all his tracks. So I tried several versions until I was finally sucessful.

Of course you also can just download the included file and use this. So far I tried it on several of my 117 Gilles75-tracks. The only track, where I ran into troubles was Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez 1967 (dir: 67mex) where the grass is also growing on some spots of the tarmac and I had to delete the new file to avoid driving through a jungle. If someone have a simple solution for this problem, please give me some feedback.

Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
config, new grass fx

Hm, there is a very good one on github from WilliamRiker2701 and it should be autoupdated on most systems:
https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/blob/master/config/tracks/67mex.ini

It still have an issue on some surfaces and I fixed that parts too:
upload_2020-8-7_11-17-4.png

Some textures could be adjusted better in brightness for a better overall matching, but I just fixed the odd surfaces with unwanted grass.
After @gutbomb mentioned these brightness adjustments could not match everyones tastes, I think I´ll make such changes only for me personal. I showed several times how to do that ... :)

Extract file to ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\67mex.ini and overwrite old one. It can be reversed back just downloading it again from above mentioned github link. :)

#config, #grass fx, #fix

Attachments

• 67mex.zip
    529 bytes · Views: 42
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back