Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
What track do many of you use for testing vehicles/mods?

I've been running on Spa, using Kunos vs a mod, but getting tired of having to run 2 min+ laps. I tend to run a single hot lap and have test well over 800+ mods for quality.

Basically looking for a track that can give a good sense of braking, cornering, and general handling. Thanks for the input ahead of time. :)

I've been running on Spa, using Kunos vs a mod, but getting tired of having to run 2 min+ laps. I tend to run a single hot lap and have test well over 800+ mods for quality.

Basically looking for a track that can give a good sense of braking, cornering, and general handling. Thanks for the input ahead of time. :)

Redbull Ring

I personally use Suzuka.
Has all types of corners and braking zones, long enough straights to test the straight line speed of the car, and is the Honda test track, so it makes sense too.

Here's my top ten:
252252222.png

*Rio de Janeiro aka the Rio oval. Not publically available yet... :cheers:

shi
I have reworked Circuit de Trois-Rivières converted by @_EASY_.
First of all thank you for the work of _easy_.
View attachment 947999View attachment 948000 View attachment 948001 View attachment 948002 View attachment 948003

Download Track from above post first!
And Overwrite the file I posted!

https://mega.nz/file/0d8C2CrY#nASY39yFhul8HiVHND--oYf_PFEHDEnkeJq8OiRTkiM

Change log:
Change the tree name to KSTREE_GROUP_”anyname “_”number”
Updated road, grass and gravel shaders
Change the blend mode of some shaders
Some texture changes
Turned on the light
Start signal ready
Added the expression that water moves
Create VAO
Add folders to avoid overwriting the original files
RainFX ready (CSP Patreon version needed)
wall fix
Addition of penalty area

needs ksPerPixelEmissive (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/perpixelmultimap-with-emissive-map.22791/)

have fun

Nice. Do you really modded the track without testing it?

Looks like there is now a list of "good" and "bad" AC mods on github https://github.com/RustyChest/list-of-assetto-mods.
So in a nutshell Scratch made= amazing RIP= bad unless its the TopRace server. This is one of the most elitist stuff i have seen in AC.
Chivas,Geroda,Forceful,LTK,Legion shouldn't be on the list they do make great mods - Wack,Uncle M,Velo are meh but they aren't the worst of the worst,RTM,Simdream,Assettogarage are the ones that should be put on that list including some other payware stuff what's funny is that he listed Assettoland as an '''Modder'''

shi
I have reworked Circuit de Trois-Rivières converted by @_EASY_.
First of all thank you for the work of _easy_.
View attachment 947999View attachment 948000 View attachment 948001 View attachment 948002 View attachment 948003

Download Track from above post first!
And Overwrite the file I posted!

https://mega.nz/file/0d8C2CrY#nASY39yFhul8HiVHND--oYf_PFEHDEnkeJq8OiRTkiM

Change log:
Change the tree name to KSTREE_GROUP_”anyname “_”number”
Updated road, grass and gravel shaders
Change the blend mode of some shaders
Some texture changes
Turned on the light
Start signal ready
Added the expression that water moves
Create VAO
Add folders to avoid overwriting the original files
RainFX ready (CSP Patreon version needed)
wall fix
Addition of penalty area

needs ksPerPixelEmissive (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/perpixelmultimap-with-emissive-map.22791/)

have fun

Ah Got it all to work. Installed the original track and made sure it worked good. Then took @shi track update and hand copied each of his items into the correct locations and folders of original track.

What I end up with is 2 versions of the same track in the Trois track folder. Compering the differences.
1 - Original track by EASY
2- Shi updated track using KsPerPixelEmissive

it is cool differences in the lighting.
Does this KsPerPixelEmissive also make a difference in Daytime far as track and objects viewing, or is this only
a night time lighting effect?
Dont know much about the KsPerPixel stuff.

take care

Well then. What applies to the 'Bad and good modders list', applies exactly for this.
I'm still amazed, how some people don't or can't have, a personal choice, in this case so basic and easy, in life.

As we can see, iks list, is not similar to killhop420 list. And my list is different from their list. There is a need to continue?
What is good for me, might not be for iks, or you.

I'm tired of saying this all life. This is something like 1+1=....

iks
Here's my top ten:
252252222.png

*Rio de Janeiro aka the Rio oval. Not publically available yet... :cheers:

View attachment 948131

not surprised that its SRP as #1, its a great cruising track

anyone tried the ACFL Formula E? any opinions, is it worth picking up? View attachment 948135

Well then. What applies to the 'Bad and good modders list', applies exactly for this.
I'm still amazed, how some people don't or can't have, a personal choice, in this case so basic and easy, in life.

As we can see, iks list, is not similar to killhop420 list. And my list is different from their list. There is a need to continue?
What is good for me, might not be for iks, or you.

I'm tired of saying this all life. This is something like 1+1=....

I give up.... :banghead:

The mod cost 200€ or 2€? I'm confused. For god sake.
Yes. Buy it!!!!! :indiff:

So in a nutshell Scratch made= amazing RIP= bad unless its the TopRace server. This is one of the most elitist stuff i have seen in AC.
Chivas,Geroda,Forceful,LTK,Legion shouldn't be on the list they do make great mods - Wack,Uncle M,Velo are meh but they aren't the worst of the worst,RTM,Simdream,Assettogarage are the ones that should be put on that list including some other payware stuff what's funny is that he listed Assettoland as an '''Modder'''
If @P1ButtPlug signature is true, then that explains the nonsense written by Rusty. I would have no issue with his list if it was just his personal opinion based on his described criteria. But I’m a stickler for facts. Where are the “compiled peer review of their work based on large amounts of feedback from the community?”

1. I don’t know what that means. A peer review = a fellow modder reviewing a mod. Feedback from the community should have no bearing on a peer’s review.

2. Where are the peer reviews? Has Lilski given thumbs-down to any of the track modders in the bad list? BTW - Lilski’s NAGP race league group has no hesitation to using tracks made by modders not named Lilski, Fat-Alfie, John777, or Sergio Loro.

If Rusty hates GT Planet, I can only guess that is because we don’t put up with nonsense BS. Discord seems the best place for needless drama and no accountability.

Nice. Do you really modded the track without testing it?
I didn't test much. I will be careful in the future.

Ah Got it all to work. Installed the original track and made sure it worked good. Then took @shi track update and hand copied each of his items into the correct locations and folders of original track.

What I end up with is 2 versions of the same track in the Trois track folder. Compering the differences.
1 - Original track by EASY
2- Shi updated track using KsPerPixelEmissive

it is cool differences in the lighting.
Does this KsPerPixelEmissive also make a difference in Daytime far as track and objects viewing, or is this only
a night time lighting effect?
Dont know much about the KsPerPixel stuff.

take care
I'm glad you installed it successfully.
KsPerPixelEmissive is used for the start signal. It does not matter during the daytime.

Rusty's list is completely reasonable, there's nothing wrong with having high standards for physics.
Here’s the thing...a good majority of those groups DO have good physics...it just looks like he refuses to give any mods that aren’t 5 stars on RD any actual chance.

If you limit yourself to the “good mods” on that list, then you’re seriously limiting the potential of AC.

Hey guys, just got my new Acer Aspire 7 laptop in and I've been setting up AC again for the past couple days. I was just wondering how damaging to AC it would be if one were to copy over their entire content folder and drop it on a fresh install on a new computer? I would happily do it if it meant cutting down this super drawn-out process into a single night of copying.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back