Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,785 comments
Mike08, man, I am so out of the loop. I have so much catching up to do. lol!

@ales100i, thanks for asking, my friend. I'm still dealing with the medical issues, but have one surgery completed, so I'm spending some time getting back into the swing of things with you and my friends here on GTP :) I'll get the update, I'm excited about it!

Thank you @ROZTER!

@Steveo324xx , thanks so much for the private message, my man. I appreciate ya! Cheers!

=============

I'm thinking of doing another full back up of AC before applying all the new goodies. I think I read somewhere that some people are having some issues after the update? Anyone having any issues?
no issues here yet with the update.

shi
I have reworked Circuit de Trois-Rivières converted by @_EASY_.
First of all thank you for the work of _easy_.
View attachment 947999View attachment 948000 View attachment 948001 View attachment 948002 View attachment 948003

Download Track from this post first!

https://mega.nz/file/cBknATrL#SvHckDGFot1X-IOeotPDDmMGz4oRrle0kSRxzXJmWxU

Change log:
Change the tree name to KSTREE_GROUP_”anyname “_”number”
Updated road, grass and gravel shaders
Change the blend mode of some shaders
Some texture changes
Turned on the light
Start signal ready
Added the expression that water moves
Create VAO
Add folders to avoid overwriting the original files
RainFX ready (CSP Patreon version needed)

needs ksPerPixelEmissive (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/perpixelmultimap-with-emissive-map.22791/)

have fun
You should consider putting your changes in the standard structure for track folders. That way, you can provide instructions to "install contents to actk_3riv folder and overwrite all." It took me 2 attempts to install correctly.

EDIT: Not sure I installed correctly. I don't see the shader changes that you have in the photos. Track loads and works, but I may not be experience the full update that you intended.

If not updated correctly, it could lead to this...
looks really good from what I can tell, until the first corner when all the cars drive though the track and fall into the nether...

This is part of the update. One of the 3 rivers is the River Styx... gateway to the underworld. :lol:

That hole is likely because you deleted the original models.ini file. I found that I had to keep the original 3riv.kn5, original vao-patch, and original models.ini.

Last edited:
shi
I have reworked Circuit de Trois-Rivières converted by @_EASY_.
First of all thank you for the work of _easy_.
View attachment 947999View attachment 948000 View attachment 948001 View attachment 948002 View attachment 948003

Download Track from this post first!

https://mega.nz/file/cBknATrL#SvHckDGFot1X-IOeotPDDmMGz4oRrle0kSRxzXJmWxU

Change log:
Change the tree name to KSTREE_GROUP_”anyname “_”number”
Updated road, grass and gravel shaders
Change the blend mode of some shaders
Some texture changes
Turned on the light
Start signal ready
Added the expression that water moves
Create VAO
Add folders to avoid overwriting the original files
RainFX ready (CSP Patreon version needed)

needs ksPerPixelEmissive (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/perpixelmultimap-with-emissive-map.22791/)

have fun

Is this update any good? There is another video showing the main track having a hole on the first corner. What is that all about?

Edited, I got it all to work, go read my next post comments.

Last edited:
looks really good from what I can tell, until the first corner when all the cars drive though the track and fall into the nether...

You should consider putting your changes in the standard structure for track folders. That way, you can provide instructions to "install contents to actk_3riv folder and overwrite all." It took me 2 attempts to install correctly.

EDIT: Not sure I installed correctly. I don't see the shader changes that you have in the photos. Track loads and works, but I may not be experience the full update that you intended.

If not updated correctly, it could lead to this...

This is part of the update. One of the 3 rivers is the River Styx... gateway to the underworld. :lol:

That hole is likely because you deleted the original models.ini file. I found that I had to keep the original 3riv.kn5, original vao-patch, and original models.ini.
Thank you for your reaction. Corrected files and posts.

Is this update any good? There is another video showing the main track having a hole on the first corner. What is that all about?
See my reply a couple posts above. It possibly is a good update, but we may not be getting the best out of it. @shi needs to re-organize the updates in the track folder so that everything can be installed correctly. And provide clearer instructions for installation.

Again these AO textures are driving me mad. Not only are they white they won't even read the txdetail Alcantara maps. Tried to use zinkis way of handling the AO but it ends up looking like an cluster.... of mish mashed textures. Does anybody here know what's causing the issue? I have properly mapped the AO Alcantara in blender multiple times with the same result it not wanting to read the txdetail maps. still learning stuff so i definitely need help still.... it looks darkish in this picture the carbon stuff on the other hand is white and same story as the Alcantara. I can send the car just PM me. This is the car with proper done AO the one before that was available to download was incorrect.
__custom_showroom_1597007987.jpg

See my reply a couple posts above. It possibly is a good update, but we may not be getting the best out of it. @shi needs to re-organize the updates in the track folder so that everything can be installed correctly. And provide clearer instructions for installation.

Yes I just saw your post @OooAhh Cantona I have both folders open, orig track, and the update track folder. Will try to put it together in a little bit.
When all done does this create an orig track and and new look track far as separate models? Little confused how this is organized, but will play around with it. First I will just get the original track up and working.

Looks like there is now a list of "good" and "bad" AC mods on github https://github.com/RustyChest/list-of-assetto-mods.

Ahah that ****. Is he really serious ? "this is more akin to a compiled peer-review of their work based on large amounts of feedback from the community and my own experiences."

Get off your high horse pal. That list is a heavy crock of *****.
So I decided to look at this list for poops and giggles. Yup... :lol:

Of course the list is subjective, and it seems the line that Rusty has drawn is "5 stars" and "not 5 stars." (Assuming RD star rating scale.) For me, there are a lot of enjoyable 4 and 4.5 star mods in AC community (and residing on my hard drive).

Now that I know the GTP Modding Team is crap, I'll unfollow this thread and put all of you on my ignore list. :rolleyes: :lol:

Yes I just saw your post @OooAhh Cantona I have both folders open, orig track, and the update track folder. Will try to put it together in a little bit.
When all done does this create an orig track and and new look track far as separate models? Little confused how this is organized, but will play around with it. First I will just get the original track up and working.
Maybe @__EASY__ can take a look at shi's update and repack everything nicely into version 1.1 for everyone.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I don't remember how I have to turn off the ai headlights on CM, please someone could help me? I thank you in advance :bowdown:

Not at my PC, but... if I remember correctly, the setting is called 'force AI headlights' (or something like that), and it's in track adjustments or the lighting options in the CSP settings tabs.

EDIT: Ninja'd... but at least you got the answer!

Last edited:
Hey guys, posting once again for some help. I had to reset the game and move all my mods off, but assetto corsa now runs at a smooth 60 with 40 or so cars, with no stuttering; but that's only if CSP is turned off. When turned on, I can't get past the loading screen. Now CSP says I have an older version of assetto, but I checked the update menu for steam and it says there is nothing. How do I get AC v1.16.3?

Hey guys, posting once again for some help. I had to reset the game and move all my mods off, but assetto corsa now runs at a smooth 60 with 40 or so cars, with no stuttering; but that's only if CSP is turned off. When turned on, I can't get past the loading screen. Now CSP says I have an older version of assetto, but I checked the update menu for steam and it says there is nothing. How do I get AC v1.16.3?
Open the file "changelog.txt" that is located in the root folder of AC and delete the line headed with the text "1-16-4", or simply change it to "1.16.3" and that's it. Needless to say, it's always good to make a backup copy of the original file (you never know).

Ahah that ****. Is he really serious ? "this is more akin to a compiled peer-review of their work based on large amounts of feedback from the community and my own experiences."

Man, why is the modding community so elitist? To these ****heads, anything not on RD is an automatic NOPE to them lmao. What a bunch of idiots.

I actually really dislike the list aswell, Im not the one on the high horse rather I was jus trying to let you guys know that the community here was being labelled as creators of "bad" mods.

TYW
Hey, we don't shoot the messenger here. Everybody is ripping on the dude who made the list, not you.
Yeah that guy is as elitist as it gets, I have seen him crapping on almost everyone that doesn't meat his "reasonable standards"

I came across a link here where I downloaded an Acura TSX V6, an Acura TL Type S and a Honda Accord CU2 Mugen. Unfortunately two of them were encrypted so it messed up my custom previews. I wanted to re-download them but I can't seem to find the link anymore. Anyone knows where it is? Tried the search button to no avail... Thanks in advance.

i have this issue too, whenever i try to play with Custom Shaders Patch i cant get through loading because it just crashes right before the race start. Content Manager gives me this message
upload_2020-8-9_21-12-48.png

my game is on 1.16.3 too.

Yes. Everything in this thread is bad, so I wonder now why it has over 30.000 posts. Us idiots, we should all rather be using a driving banana from RD, an excellent mod according to that list.

I'd be quite dubious about the opinions of the person who put that list together. It's super-grumpy , super-abusive Rusty from the CSP discord... and he hates everything to do with GTP for no explicable reason other than he hates almost everything. Or so it would seem from the less-than-friendly attitude he dishes out on discord on a regular basis.

P.S. Hi Rusty. Cheer up. You know it's true. :P

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back