- 2,565

- Helsinki
Big rant opinion...
I may not be a race driver beyond killing it in the 80s on the street with my 1969 Hurst SC/Rambler going in a straight like (12.90 1/4mi stock)
But... I have been building mod physics for 15years (because real values were not being used in GTLegends) and strove for a realistic experience (hence, is why I named the group Realistic Modders inc. - RMi). I went on to do physics for IDt and many of some very popular mods for GTL/GTR2/Race/rFactor. I immigrated to Finland 10yr ago and was involved in a racing Esports shop between 2010-2018. We rented sim time out for professional drivers from all over Finland and Sweden... WTCC, F3, Formula Ford, GT3 cars and developed physics mods for private use there. My rFactor/GTR2/Race07 Radical mods were developed by real race drivers, from real data and alot of testing... to understand car behaviour and that adjusting a suspension setup resulted in expected behaviours and performance.
The big disappointment in sims has got to be RRE in terms of physics and feel (I was loosely affiliated with H. Roos who split from Simbin to do the free (and expensice to lease) RR (as a money creating venture with RR exclusive Esports sports cafe's etc). PCARS isnt much better, but they screwed the FFB *I was on the community dev* one of the last betas was perfect... then they screwed it up somehow. Is AC perfect? nope. It might not even be technical enough of a framework to be "sim worthy", but its the best "modern" platform to showcase nearly all genre of cars in a somewhat satisfying experience, mostly due to the modding capability.
It is true that MOST mods for AC have crap physics. If you have noted my "releases", they focus on making an otherwise shlt mod drivable and somewhat close to what you could expect from that cars real-world performance. I am currently sifting through my collection to find those mods that let everyone down (me) in expectation of the driving experience of an otherwise cool mod, to give something the whole community can enjoy.
My "standard" of physics is very very high and is why I havent released the Radical SR8 yet. If you want a taste, fire up Race07 and install my Radical SR3 mod (because the game cars had unrealistic physics) and feel the difference. My Mustang mod for rFactor was utilized by many many real racers and many leagues used it. I will slowly start re-releasing mods for GTL/GTR2/Race/rFactor as they were previously released on NoGrip, which is dead.
What is "realistic" or not IS subjective and to each their own opinions... I have mine.
I may not be a race driver beyond killing it in the 80s on the street with my 1969 Hurst SC/Rambler going in a straight like (12.90 1/4mi stock)
But... I have been building mod physics for 15years (because real values were not being used in GTLegends) and strove for a realistic experience (hence, is why I named the group Realistic Modders inc. - RMi). I went on to do physics for IDt and many of some very popular mods for GTL/GTR2/Race/rFactor. I immigrated to Finland 10yr ago and was involved in a racing Esports shop between 2010-2018. We rented sim time out for professional drivers from all over Finland and Sweden... WTCC, F3, Formula Ford, GT3 cars and developed physics mods for private use there. My rFactor/GTR2/Race07 Radical mods were developed by real race drivers, from real data and alot of testing... to understand car behaviour and that adjusting a suspension setup resulted in expected behaviours and performance.
The big disappointment in sims has got to be RRE in terms of physics and feel (I was loosely affiliated with H. Roos who split from Simbin to do the free (and expensice to lease) RR (as a money creating venture with RR exclusive Esports sports cafe's etc). PCARS isnt much better, but they screwed the FFB *I was on the community dev* one of the last betas was perfect... then they screwed it up somehow. Is AC perfect? nope. It might not even be technical enough of a framework to be "sim worthy", but its the best "modern" platform to showcase nearly all genre of cars in a somewhat satisfying experience, mostly due to the modding capability.
It is true that MOST mods for AC have crap physics. If you have noted my "releases", they focus on making an otherwise shlt mod drivable and somewhat close to what you could expect from that cars real-world performance. I am currently sifting through my collection to find those mods that let everyone down (me) in expectation of the driving experience of an otherwise cool mod, to give something the whole community can enjoy.
My "standard" of physics is very very high and is why I havent released the Radical SR8 yet. If you want a taste, fire up Race07 and install my Radical SR3 mod (because the game cars had unrealistic physics) and feel the difference. My Mustang mod for rFactor was utilized by many many real racers and many leagues used it. I will slowly start re-releasing mods for GTL/GTR2/Race/rFactor as they were previously released on NoGrip, which is dead.
What is "realistic" or not IS subjective and to each their own opinions... I have mine.
Last edited:

