Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,075 comments
Hey guys, just got my new Acer Aspire 7 laptop in and I've been setting up AC again for the past couple days. I was just wondering how damaging to AC it would be if one were to copy over their entire content folder and drop it on a fresh install on a new computer? I would happily do it if it meant cutting down this super drawn-out process into a single night of copying.
I dont think it wont be too bad but make sure to install assetto corsa first obviously.

Hey guys, just got my new Acer Aspire 7 laptop in and I've been setting up AC again for the past couple days. I was just wondering how damaging to AC it would be if one were to copy over their entire content folder and drop it on a fresh install on a new computer? I would happily do it if it meant cutting down this super drawn-out process into a single night of copying.

one issue that could arise is any mods that also have files in the assettocorsa/extension folder

one issue that could arise is any mods that also have files in the assettocorsa/extension folder

I can probably do the same process for that folder too, that would eliminate that problem if it works for the content folder.

You know, I might just go ahead and do this. If it fails for whatever reason I can always just reinstall it and do it the long way again.

EDIT: I’ve queued the copy up on my old laptop to my external drive. Says it’ll take two hours and it weighs a healthy 152 gigs. Shouldn’t take too long then. If something goes terribly wrong I’ll know soon enough at least.

Last edited:
TYW
Man, why is the modding community so elitist? To these ****heads, anything not on RD is an automatic NOPE to them lmao. What a bunch of idiots.
You are absolutely wrong and way out of the loop if you think only RD mods are allowed, in fact RD is one of the worst sources to find good mods because they're too few but the website also makes it easy to find them if you know how. In the good mod list you can see ripped cars that are actually as the list praise: GOOD and QUALITY mods.

Research a bit more please. If you really want to meet TRUE AC elitist go to Jimmy Broadbent discord, comment anything that is made here and they will instantly jump to your neck.

may be unpopular but I agree, even if it is pretty condescending, it wouldnt hurt to have people read a document MADE by Kunos to show people how to make their cars to good standards. I dont really see a problem with asking for better mods
Are people disagreeing with Rusty's desire for high quality mods? I'm guessing most of us want high quality mods. Or is it about the inconsistency with his list?

"This here is a simple compiled list of authors, websites or groups that produce either good or bad mods at an objective level."
But...
"this is more akin to a compiled peer-review of their work based on large amounts of feedback from the community and my own experiences."
:odd::confused:

If @P1ButtPlug signature is true, then that explains the nonsense written by Rusty. I would have no issue with his list if it was just his personal opinion based on his described criteria. But I’m a stickler for facts. Where are the “compiled peer review of their work based on large amounts of feedback from the community?”

Its true as the sky is blue. He's said it more than once in a large period of time in ot / discor. And he knows theres people like others and myself that have raced (you know, IRL) race cars. From OW cars to 250SuperKarts and everything in between, but if he don't agree and try to help the kid understand why he's so wrong that its actually embarrassing, you're scum, know nothing idiot and out comes his kiddie tirade (baby pouting). Then he'll try to preach to the choir why he knows more than %99 of the users in his sights.

When in fact, he's never even driven a real passenger car :lol:, or as embarrassing as it is, has never even had a drivers license. :dunce::rolleyes:
BUT! He knows more than real world race car drivers and anyone else that dares attempts to d/l a mod, drive one or to learn.

Don't be fooled in watching him spend 23 hours a day for months on end helping nearly anyone out on discord. Its a way to say he 'helps' when %99 of the time he's taking a dump on people.
cheers

Rusty's list is completely reasonable, there's nothing wrong with having high standards for physics.

rusty, you were banned here twice, you've trashed this place a thousand ways to Sunday so why are you here again?

Its true as the sky is blue. He's said it more than once in a large period of time in ot / discor. And he knows theres people like others and myself that have raced (you know, IRL) race cars. From OW cars to 250SuperKarts and everything in between, but if he don't agree and try to help the kid understand why he's so wrong that its actually embarrassing, you're scum, know nothing idiot and out comes his kiddie tirade (baby pouting). Then he'll try to preach to the choir why he knows more than %99 of the users in his sights.

When in fact, he's never even driven a real passenger car :lol:, or as embarrassing as it is, has never even had a drivers license. :dunce::rolleyes:
BUT! He knows more than real world race car drivers and anyone else that dares attempts to d/l a mod, drive one or to learn.

Don't be fooled in watching him spend 23 hours a day for months on end helping nearly anyone out on discord. Its a way to say he 'helps' when %99 of the time he's taking a dump on people.
cheers
big doubt.

a) show me any proof that he's never driven a real car.
b) show me any proof that he hasn't even had a driver's license.

"He knows more than real world race car drivers"
c) maybe he has contacts with people with enough experience and data of racing cars?

I wonder if you're one of those who thinks how you feel the car over what data says is the correct way to measure how realistic it is. If you do, let me say that I feel very sorry.

iks
Here's my top ten:
252252222.png

*Rio de Janeiro aka the Rio oval. Not publically available yet... :cheers:
hey is dat tochigi a paid track?

imagine thinking chivas and shaun clarke are bad modders. lmao. if you are so unsatisfied with their physics go to your real world then. the *simulator* is not and will never be enough for you it seems

and as someone said before, get off your high horse, these people work so much to create a good mod in the end and for FREE most of the times, they are not being paid like Kunos team or any other racing game team and they ACTUALLY DELIVER AMAZING mods

Last edited:
imagine thinking chivas and shaun clarke are bad modders. lmao. if you are so unsatisfied with their physics go to your real world then. the *simulator* is not and will never be enough for you it seems

and as someone said before, get off your high horse, these people work so much to create a good mod in the end and for FREE most of the times, they are not being paid like Kunos team or any other racing game team and they ACTUALLY DELIVER AMAZING mods
The very dude Lu Thua Kien admitted that his previous mods are TRASH, you can directly ask him if you want. Compared to what he does now is complete trash and he's actually improving, also BarrikadKrew Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo is also a free mod yet the data used to build it is 1:1 to real life(things that never in your life will be able to get) :D stop being an apologist. This will be the last post of mine in this topic.

"imagine thinking chivas and shaun clarke are bad modders"
yes

"if you are so unsatisfied with their physics go to your real world then"
aight

"and for FREE most of the times, they are not being paid like Kunos team"
ok

"and they ACTUALLY DELIVER AMAZING mods"
without any realistic data? i'm aware that in chivas case obtaining a real data from gt500 car is impossible, due to language barriers etc.

in shaun's case however - ripping the car model from rF2 isn't that easy as it seems, huh

I dont know about you but im pretty sure 90s F1 cars shouldnt be going through Maggots and Beckets flat
Compare their MP4/8 with the rf2 MP4/8. It's night and day

Pretty sure i have done this before so i'll keep it simple.

Aero was pretty good in the 90's. As good if not better than the 80's ground effect cars that were banned.. Not to mention the awful cheat that was active suspensions and TC..

1992 was 'peak downforce"
RF2 is 'night and day' because grip is silly GPL old gits idea of racing car grip..i.e. very little...
(all driver skill you see...lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz.)

1968: 1000lbs@150mph - high wings
1976: 800lbs@150mph
1978: 2000lbs@150mph
1980: 3000lbs@150mph
1981: 2300lbs@150mph - skirts banned
1982: 2500lbs@150mph
1983: 2000lbs@150mph - flat bottom
1986: 2500lbs@150mph
1992: 3500lbs@150mph - peak downforce
1995: 1800lbs@150mph - stepped floor, smaller wings
2000: 2600lbs@150mph

For Tyrrell F1 cars (SAE paper from Ben Agathangelou and Mike Gascoyne) :

1989: 2200lbs@150mph
1990: 2300lbs@150mph
1991: 2450lbs@150mph
1992: 2750lbs@150mph
1993: 2450lbs@150mph
1994: 2350lbs@150mph
1995: 2050lbs@150mph
1996: 2350lbs@150mph
1997: 2500lbs@150mph

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back