Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,699 comments
Not AC mods related, but...
Wouldn't this car be cool in AC? or maybe ACC or any future sim titles? Like a GT300 DLC or something like that with the Mother Chassis and JAF-GT cars too, those are cool as well.
toyota-prius-super-gt-01-1555039547.jpg

toyota-prius-super-gt-02-1555039547.jpg

They are powered via Lexus RCF GT3 V8 and a hybrid system. It took pole last Suzuka 300km
Listen to the oddly sounding prius on its pole lap:

Some more on Fuji testing:

Sadly, I dont think a model exists anywhere, so it probably wont be a mod anytime soon unless its a premium one (Chivas, please consider). Or unless it appears on GT 7

In a perfect world we would jump on it but theres just too much on our plate at the moment. Once we have released some of the more of our cars we might consider it. Natsuki's more likely to do it right now though. Charles talks with him a lot so its a possibility.

Maybe they are not made from scratch, but I will take what ever is available. They are all drivable and I am not that fussy to race these tracks in a this game. The current conversions work for me. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for a scratch built street track to show up. There is no San Jose track for AC, even converted - If there is let me know. The guy working on the Houston track has been working on it since 2018 and will be done end of this year, possibly.

I have not found San Jose, exist a version of Houston converted from I do not know where by Gilles, but the AI does not work, St Petesburg I think it is rFactor conversion and has too many bumps when entering the corners. But nothing new.

I think the street circuits used by the Indycar or used by the Champ Car are not well represented in AC, except for the excellent Denver and Trois Rivieres. Not the same with ST. Petesburg, Toronto, Houston, San José. And I am not talking about bad conversions of the already disastrous versions of rFactor, I am talking about the construction from scratch with the current standards.

If anyone is working on it, give me their Patreon.
Totally agree. The 2 I want the most are Burke Lakefront Airport and Toronto.

Actually I could ask Natsuki (AVR, the maker of Nissan GTR GT500 2020) to look forward to make this car too, GT300 Supra was on at his Poll when Supra GR GT500 was chosen dominantly to be his next build at Twitter. But let's wait for him, shall we?
That'd be cool if he can

hi ladies and gentlemen,
As you know, I like to modify the data of outrageously overpowered cars to make them more realistic (but i'm not an ayatollah).
This is the case of this Aston Martin which came out for assetto corsa with 5 ( yes five! ) turbos, 600hp and other nonsense ...
Here it is with data and performances corresponding to those declared by the automobile-catalogue.com site. She is much more civilized and can be driven more easily. But the drawing is a little bit dated. If you have any cars in your garage that need rework, let me know and I'll be happy to try to make them more realistic (as i'm an old retired man, i have time for that).

Aston Martin V8 Vantage 1977:
50272404492_db2fa75238_b.jpg

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/udacjxaux6v1nrk/aston_martin_v8_vantage_s.7z/file

Obviously, all credits for the author, have fun, Mike

A quick question guys, are there tracks with flower fields in them ? like colored ones as nice purple/ red /yellow/... i dont really seen these kind of things. I mean it would be super cool on tracks like Fonteny (it has some small patches of flowers) or others that have hills and long curves etc. to have a hill full in blossom or here and there some bigger patches of flowers. The color variation would make them even more cozy. Is this even possible ? Almost all tracks are just the same colored grass everywhere.

if anyone smarter can help i tried this to hide the ugly grass bits which are now replaced by grassfx but they remain on screen

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_1]
MESHES=herbes_06,herbes_012
IS_RENDERABLE=0

upload_2020-8-27_7-38-25.png

but.. they remain...

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-27_7-20-22.png
    upload_2020-8-27_7-20-22.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
grass fx syntax:

[GRASS_FX]
; mention all the materials you wanna use
GRASS_MATERIALS=yourmaterial...

; this will hide ORIGINAL 3d grass
; if you want to keep the original 3d grass, just leave ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS empty
; if this line is missing, all objects using "ksGrass"-shader will be hidden!
; if 3d-grass is not using shader ksGrass, just put its material name here:
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS=Material #0

ERL_Velocita -
( this link is the original download, not my upload SOURCE, the config is not included, paste the below into ext_config.ini in a new subfolder \extension, I do not want to change other peoples work on this.)

Started on GrassFX and Rain_FX, sure it can use some more work. Including hiding some of those now ugly grass meshes on one of the corners, I tried but my CSP-FU is still low.

; configuration file
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD?,RDMARBLESA,RMBL?,RDILB
ROUGH_MATERIALS = GRAMA?,1GRASS?,GRAMA?,ROADVERGE

;copied from teddies grassfx
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MESHES = GRAMA?,1GRASS?
GRASS_MATERIALS = TRANSPARENTE
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS =
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = ROAD?, RMBL?, KERB?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA =
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -10.035
SHAPE_SIZE = 3
MASK_BLUR = 1
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands_darker.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3

View attachment 952507

if anyone smarter can help i tried this to hide the ugly grass bits which are now replaced by grassfx but they remain on screen

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_1]
MESHES=herbes_06,herbes_012
IS_RENDERABLE=0

View attachment 952508

but.. they remain...

Didn’t VheEth do a much better version of this track?

I have not found San Jose, exist a version of Houston converted from I do not know where by Gilles, but the AI does not work, St Petesburg I think it is rFactor conversion and has too many bumps when entering the corners. But nothing new.

Yes i agree with you 100%. Both Toronto and St Peterberg have bumps in a few of the corners, but since I dont know how to smooth out tracks, I accept it and live with the bumps. Houston and Phoenix are Gilles track converts at this time-at least the ones I have . And yes many of the tracks do need an overhaul on the graphics.

One person on You Tube is doing the actual Phoenix street track(WIP) and said in a comment that the track may finally come out end of this year. So That should be a good track for you. I keep thinking he is doing Houston, but it is Phoenix street track. I guess we are all spoiled with the great quality of the newer tracks that are now coming out like Denver, Washington DC, Chicago, Tracks by Reboot team, etc, etc.

To compensate for the bumps on my tracks, I turn up the friction levels in the Surfaces files to have better control on some of the Street tracks.

If you ever watch some single laps of Real Indycar drivers on some of these street tracks on You Tube, I am surprised they can even keep the F1 cars under control coming so close to the walls with all the bumps the cameras show.

I am also going to try the Rfactor 2 street tracks to see how smooth they are. Thing is there is no Houston street track but three is a San Jose street track for Rfactor 2 and I will use my VR. Rfactor 1 I think has Houston, but I hate the graphics and physics in that game.

take care,

Last edited:
A quick question guys, are there tracks with flower fields in them ? like colored ones as nice purple/ red /yellow/... i dont really seen these kind of things. I mean it would be super cool on tracks like Fonteny (it has some small patches of flowers) or others that have hills and long curves etc. to have a hill full in blossom or here and there some bigger patches of flowers. The color variation would make them even more cozy. Is this even possible ? Almost all tracks are just the same colored grass everywhere.

Which one?
most-beautiful-landscapes-in-europe-plitvice-lakes-copyright-marta-paniti-european-best-destinations.jpg

2097300-bigthumbnail.jpg

seljalandsfoss-1751463_1920.jpg

beautiful-landscapes-e1542664666532-800x480.jpg

hi ladies and gentlemen,
As you know, I like to modify the data of outrageously overpowered cars to make them more realistic (but i'm not an ayatollah).
This is the case of this Aston Martin which came out for assetto corsa with 5 ( yes five! ) turbos, 600hp and other nonsense ...
Here it is with data and performances corresponding to those declared by the automobile-catalogue.com site. She is much more civilized and can be driven more easily. But the drawing is a little bit dated. If you have any cars in your garage that need rework, let me know and I'll be happy to try to make them more realistic (as i'm an old retired man, i have time for that).

Aston Martin V8 Vantage 1977:
50272404492_db2fa75238_b.jpg

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/udacjxaux6v1nrk/aston_martin_v8_vantage_s.7z/file

Obviously, all credits for the author, have fun, Mike

Thank you very much for this realistic update. I also tried to correct performance output with graphs via automobile-catalogue.com but it was stil fast. After a few couple of laps with your version at my fav test track Brands Hatch GP there are 10 seconds difference than the previous version which means it is slower and realistic for an old british bruiser : ) I hope somebody revise the model, lighting and etc... Can I ask your method of revising performance of unrealistic mods ? I think some of the NFS Tournament Class Classics are too fast and easy to drive I wish to revise their performance and etc...

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Anyone had any joy fixing Curvelo yet? I took a look, but its not something fixable in ini as far as i can tell, the actual tree geometry seems to be broken/misplaced etc.

I think this is the Subaru you are looking for:

View attachment 952387

posted on Assettoland: https://mega.nz/file/tB8X0SRQ#qFpdUL9UNmJLJG-brwbrHwp8vukYJtpWlMRaG3anZPM

I had no luck finding the Honda NSX GT300 but it was available for AC in the past.

Thanks! I have those already, Im just waiting for the other JAF GT cars, like the CRZ and Supra, maybe other older ones like the f430 gt300 and the porsche gt300... Its free to dream right?. Also, isnt the NSX GT300 just the NSX GT3?

anything super gt related would be welcome. i know chivas makes some gt500 mods but a good quality gt300 car in ac for this or the lotus would be amazing . Also the JAF gt300 supra is great too
The MC evora and the MC86 is such a good car. and the Supra GT300 and the Toyota Mark X MC. All GT300 cars are so fascinating

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back