Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,090 comments
Hi everybody! First post on this forum, I wanted to make you all aware of this rather... Um... Interesting readaptation of the beloved SSR5.

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...pecial-stage-route-5-vastchapa-version.34569/
Yup, that is certainly an unique take on SSR5. A sort of "what if" SSR5 was based in another location I suppose, I'll give it a try later on today or tomorrow.

I personally would prefer seeing a version of SSR5 more true to Gran Turismo, but an adaptation of SSR5 is better than nor SSR5.

This track is already being improved/optimised, just in case anyone was thinking of taking it on. Have patience, good things come to he who waits.

Great thanks for the info @Masscot I just posted the Paris Track cause I got PM for someone wanting just the Paris track. He couldnt download
my bigger City Tracks link.
Take care

Hello dear friends

Lexus' rear axle seems to be wrong. How can I fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot_bmw_m3_f30_2015_acu_bathurst_19-7-120-18-54-29.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_f30_2015_acu_bathurst_19-7-120-18-54-29.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 41
Hey Folks

Updated Hungaroring to suit my taste as a quick project today while on the train home from work....its a pretty quick and dirty update
....thanks to @Pepperoni for the blancpain textures.....let me know if you want me to keep going...it could really do with some crowds and marshals and bells and whistles...had forgotten how much fun this track is even while playing on a controller

Quick question on this, are all these config files being used or are some just leftovers? Is the extension folder needed or just the one inside the track folder will suffice?

bgr00.jpg

Autódromo Velo Città - Version 2.0 by VheEth

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studio
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 0.8
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New guard rails and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file
- Added a new layout (Alternative 1). The new layout (Alternative 1) needs an AI line. For the moment it is available for tests.
- New AI pit lane by @LiquidSkyMan

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Update of textures and materials
- Performance optimization
- Update of extension file
- Update the VAO file
- Added a new layout (Alternative 2)

CHANGELOG 2.0
- Update of textures and materials
- Performance optimization
- Update of extension file
- Update the VAO file
- New horizon
- Reworked trees
- Added groove
- New AI by @LiquidSkyMan (Alternative 1)

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bzkd7c2963w1rc0/vhe_velocitta_2.0.rar/file

DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION

Ferrari 500 TRC By Dragster666

took a bit since it was a different model its from rr3 managed to do the gauges myself same with the steering animation i even managed to do a shifting animation it might be clunky bet eh its my first time i will probably also experiment with shift_up and shift_dw on a manual gearstick ill need to separate the gearstick then it might be easy i think. There are only 3 issues with the car they are as follows:
The sound MIGHT but just MIGHT be inaccurate since i couldn't find a Ferrari I4 i had to choose the new i4 from the Focus RS yes i know but i didn't want to copy/paste an V12 because its a Ferrari! the second issue is the driver's legs i think that i forgot to position them however i don't think that they outclip from the car since i repositioned the driver i could be wrong. And finally there's some weird flickering on one of the metal objects not sure what's causing it but its barley noticeable.
Anyway enjoy it!
View attachment 941796

Thanks - couple of things that might need attention: a lot of the shaders are overexposed, the rear lights don't work again and the tacho needle is sticking out like a sundial. I do appreciate the rare and interesting cars you bring to AC but you seem to want to just churn them out on a conveyor belt without taking time to refine them or even check for basic errors or omissions (like the rear lights). At the moment it seems like quantity is more important than quality, as witnessed by your new list of cars to work on. That's always a shame - better to have one or two excellent cars than a whole bunch of mediocre or half-finished ones, do you not think?

Have you studied Kunos's modding pipeline doc that comes bundled with the game files? It'll really help with paint and shader settings as well as every other aspect of creating new cars for AC. Shaders can be easily lifted directly from Kunos cars too for a much more realistic aesthetic.

AI for Cathedral Rock

Well this was a tough one... my goal was to get the RSS Formula Hybrid 2019's at 100/100 through the first lap of a race unscathed. :banghead:
It turned out to be quite a bit messier than I would have thought:

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_cathedral_rock_18-6-120-11-43-26.jpg

And that was with just the Formula 3 V6 ... :eek:.... :(.

Anyway I think I got it, after a lot of tweaking and testing. Hope a few of you will find it useful.

You'll find it here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-cathedral-rock-international-circuit.34591/

or here:
https://mega.nz/file/3oAAQQSD#l5OHiINTAxa-dfv1500lM25nEkMbMjRT0w3rZyooIWg

Thanks again to @pk3r72owns for an amazing layout and atmosphere. :cheers:

Quick question on this, are all these config files being used or are some just leftovers? Is the extension folder needed or just the one inside the track folder will suffice?

I'm pretty sure you can just leave the one inside the extension folder inside the track folder...the other 2 are there because for me sometimes CM will auto download and replace the others...have a play around see what works for you...these configs only add grass really to my taste...try removing them and see what happens

And for the lovers of the Brazilian stock cars: Zombieboy (from F1 Classic forum) passed me the link for a car he has been doing some work on (replaced the sfx, made it a single-make series - as Stock Car Brasil was in 2017.
I have not tried it yet in its present state, but he says everybody is free to make other improvements...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5jwnwp6qrtlt10o/ag_chevrolet_cruze_sotckcar.rar/file

View attachment 939528
Well this car got updated yesterday on assettoland. Is this from your friend? I really like how it drives now:

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/chevrolet

I'm pretty sure you can just leave the one inside the extension folder inside the track folder...the other 2 are there because for me sometimes CM will auto download and replace the others...have a play around see what works for you...these configs only add grass really to my taste...try removing them and see what happens
Thanks for the reply, I'm fairly new to AC (6-8months) so still learning all the ins and outs.

Thanks - couple of things that might need attention: a lot of the shaders are overexposed, the rear lights don't work again and the tacho needle is sticking out like a sundial. I do appreciate the rare and interesting cars you bring to AC but you seem to want to just churn them out on a conveyor belt without taking time to refine them or even check for basic errors or omissions (like the rear lights). At the moment it seems like quantity is more important than quality, as witnessed by your new list of cars to work on. That's always a shame - better to have one or two excellent cars than a whole bunch of mediocre or half-finished ones, do you not think?

Have you studied Kunos's modding pipeline doc that comes bundled with the game files? It'll really help with paint and shader settings as well as every other aspect of creating new cars for AC. Shaders can be easily lifted directly from Kunos cars too for a much more realistic aesthetic.
I had to move the gauge a little bit forward since it would eat itself up if i left it there. I already know about the shaders they are on a generic facebook forza level of quality i will be trying to do an AO soon. Also do 50s le mans cars even have back lights? as far as i'm aware they only have brakelights,headlights and dial lights. I'm more of an do it now fix it later type of guy however i can focus on one mod but i don't want it to just sit in my garage for like 3 weeks.

here is a list of cars that i will be doing!!!
- Pagani Zonda F
-Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta
-Koenigsegg CCX
-Ferrari Mondial
-Ferrari 308 GTS
-Ferrari Testarossa
-Ferrari 348
-Ferrari 612 scaglietti
-Ferrari f430
a preview of the Zonda F
View attachment 941931
View attachment 941932
the speed gauge dummie is driving me mad!
I cant wait to have the zonda F in the game i feel like its been long over due

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and I brought back the wheel on the table few months ago after years away from the sim racing world.
I'm positively surprised to see how AC have been improved over the last years. I've started to build up a collection of tracks and cars (both free and pay mods), posted a ppfilter on RD with little success among other little things and put my hands into the cars' data to change few things because I'm a bit perfectionnist...

Since now, I was quite happy with quickbms or CM to unpack data.acd. But some people are starting to release mods with encrypted data.acd, as you may know. So, I have a question...

Does anybody knows a way to change settings in "car.ini" like ONBOARD_EXPOSURE without having to decrypt data.acd. I've tried to store it in "user\assettocorsa\cfg\car\..." among the eyes position without success.
I wished it could be done with CSP but I find nothing related.

Alternatively - since I'm also playing with lua - it could be done by the ppf's lua script. But I found no way to retrieve the carID in lua...

If anyone could lead me to a workaround, it'll make my day.

Thank you.

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and I brought back the wheel on the table few months ago after years away from the sim racing world.
I'm positively surprised to see how AC have been improved over the last years. I've started to build up a collection of tracks and cars (both free and pay mods), posted a ppfilter on RD with little success among other little things and put my hands into the cars' data to change few things because I'm a bit perfectionnist...

Since now, I was quite happy with quickbms or CM to unpack data.acd. But some people are starting to release mods with encrypted data.acd, as you may know. So, I have a question...

Does anybody knows a way to change settings in "car.ini" like ONBOARD_EXPOSURE without having to decrypt data.acd. I've tried to store it in "user\assettocorsa\cfg\car\..." among the eyes position without success.

Alternatively - since I'm also playing with lua - it could be done by the ppf's lua script. But I found no way to retrieve the carID in lua...

Thank you.

A person who says Hello first?

Not asking for a pay mod?

asking a genuine question?

what is this??

in all honesty, I don’t know, but I hope someone can help.

Hello everybody,

Thank you.
Can you point in the direction or share a car with encrypted data? I haven't seen one yet and I didn't know the game would even read it unless something has changed. Are you sure the data file just isn't read-only?

Hey guys, small question/request from my end; has anyone done a physics overhaul for the URD Prototypes? I'd really like to drive the bonkers Nissan GTR-LM but the whole PX mod just seems to have terrible brakes and massive amounts of understeer.

upload_2020-7-19_20-13-38.png

I dont often post as I can usually find the answers I need within this fantastic resource that you have here, however can anybody help me find a way to remove these yellow grid lines-they are only visible during a live race but they are very annoying. Thank you in advance for any help given.

Finally released. Two version with different physics. 2009 All wheel drive debut and 2010-2011 Rear wheel drive winners

AWD (2009) and FR (2010-11) models have own identity. Car weight balance etc. Setups left same.

Done list:
• drivable and good fellings from the rides
• 2 animated dashboards (one on the steering wheel and another in interior part from passenger angle of view);
• Ai - more or less they ride fast and rather competitive
• Three types of slicks (Soft, Medium, Hard)
• NO ABS and Traction Control - there is no electric helpers in real series. You can operate Brake Power or Downforce.
• Adequate power.lut rpm/torque curve with engine.lut
• Rim blur, Lights
• Full adjustable setup (original one are good for beginning)
SqpHYC-a0kA.jpg
bRGqpjEFtoI.jpg
LQlnnXQbebI.jpg
S4y9z6TyUd0.jpg

Uzr1Y2xItso.jpg

Now also editing 2003 Cusco Subaru. Changed wheel drive, reduced power from unadequate 600hp to arond 300 according to Suoer gt GT300 regulation, changed rear susoension to Strut (dont know how people release models even never minding real car specs)
hey hello, sorry for asking this but where can i download this one?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back