PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro

I don't get why some members write; 'Send you a PM/DM' 'Watch your PM'....

Is it to create something to the others not involved members?

I mean, it is so visible and obvious when we get a PM. Isn't it?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Kran, Opperslang, Blamer and 3 others like this.
  2. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro

Natan5, TY Williams, ROZTER and 3 others like this.
  3. dathyr

dathyr

Hello @TheRealCeeBee Just a quick question on the track. Do we get the proper RED highlighted My pit stall when going to the pit area?

4. dathyr

dathyr

Might be just old courtesy habits @Paulo Ribeiro but you are right that we also do get private message alarms that come to us as you indicate.

5. kimiraik

kimiraik

Paulo you never check your alerts do you :gtpflag:

Paulo Ribeiro likes this.
  6. bluepeter

bluepeter

7. a3rdperson

a3rdperson

Jim, please, we need a proper Fuji! :D

Oh wait, there's no Fuji in ACC, damn :lol:

8. SgtKanyo

SgtKanyo

Any news on Willow Springs - Big Willow?

9. Mike173

Mike173

Dear Masscot, according to automobile catalog and zeperf, the BMW M2 competition is equipped with a manual gearbox GS645BZSHBS
    https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2018/2685290/bmw_m2_competition_6-speed.html
    http://www.zeperfs.com/fiche7279-bmw-m2-competition.htm
    Have a nice day

10. jaqory

jaqory

Guys, help please. Im trying to correct the porsche 993 gt2's gearbox and i don't know how to stretch the final drive, in the photo they look different but im trying to correct the one in the data so i don't half to come back for it and the ai can use the new gearbox as well. So what do number do i need to set it to because for some reason the top speed right now is 141mph, but i want to set to some where close to 178.

Thank you.
    993-01.jpg

11. Edu VC

Edu VC

Any help on how to make a windscreen "rain ready"? Trying to update our Ferrari 550 GTS but no good result. Wiper animation is done though.

12. Masscot

Masscot

Oh...kay... but the driver is shifting with paddles in the car. I guess if you change the spec from paddles to a gated shifter then you should also change the shifting animation otherwise it'll look a bit daft when you're working through the gate and the driver is just sat there flicking his fingers.
    ;)
    Hope you have a great day, not just a nice one. :)

zuotoski and Psychotik007 like this.
  13. sonicmarmy

sonicmarmy

Did you base this on the road layout map I put on here? I don't think it was 100% accurate - I just did my best with the bits we definitely know, and guesstimated the other bits based on other overlays and maps.

14. safi hellie

safi hellie

I used this the other day.
    I like the bit where even he gets confused.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1108398_learn-what-a-final-drive-ratio-is-and-how-it-affects-your-car#:~:text=The final drive ratio is,but a higher top speed.

Helzephyr, jaqory and MrB00 like this.
  15. Peugeot905

Peugeot905

It's not completely finished but I can inbox you it.

16. flyingsaucer

flyingsaucer

Someone can tell me please If I can do better? Masscot this car drive like a crazy horse! I like so much its FFB with my old G27. Default Setup touched nothing, fuel at default too.

porsche991carrera_gts@bikernieki_oval 0:44:251

Remove .txt from the file.

Cheers
    Tony

Attached Files:

17. gmanto

gmanto

It would be great to have an improved/updated version of the Malagoli's one

Albertari likes this.
  18. EvilGloomy

EvilGloomy

But there is a Fuji in GT Sport :D

TY Williams likes this.
  19. Masscot

Masscot

Did you ever get hold of your buddy Polycode about releasing some of his commissions? I remember you mentioning it a long time ago.

20. MrB00

MrB00

UolterUait likes this.
  21. caracabra

caracabra

1st we look for the circuit / section to which we want to add the rain_fx 2nd we take the kn5 and open it with 3dsimed 3rd now we create a folder with the name extension in the root of the circuit folder and inside we will create an .ini file with the name ext_config and We will paste these lines: [RAIN_FX] PUDDLES_MATERIALS = (the puddles line is for surfaces where puddles or asphalt will form) SOAKING_MATERIALS = (the soaking line is for the surfaces that are going to be soaked like concrete walls) SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ( the smooth line is for smooth surfaces where the water flows as signs) ROUGH_MATERIALS = (the rough line is for rough surfaces where you cannot see the water slip) LINES_MATERIALS = () there are more lines but for now with this already you can have any circuit / section with rain_fx

RobertFlagg likes this.
  22. Diegonapoli10

Diegonapoli10

Great work mate !!

But its tripolis haha not napoli

Brilli Peri and Paulo Ribeiro like this.
  23. Mike173

Mike173

About the BMW M2 Competition...
    By continuing the investigations, I discovered the gearbox that Masscot talks about, here is the file that you must put in the data folder (remove the .txt suffix before and say yes to overwrite) to have a gearbox with paddles and 7 gears. My apologies Masscot, let me call you Sherlock :lol:

Attached Files:

24. Blamer

Blamer

I think is mostly to privately share unallowed contents

25. JakubP

JakubP

It won't be fast because the delta is specific in handling, it tends to go from understeer in the corner to oversteer in the exit, so I'll want to do 2 versions,Serial and Stage 1 with more power, better brakes, tires.....wait for new news from me ;)

Yeap this is the fundamental element ,this thread is the best one in complete GTP,It would be very good to have more time to make more mods ..... :gtpflag:

So, you were right, the M2 is available in manual version H and automatic version with blades at the steering wheel.:cheers:

Natan5 and flyingsaucer like this.
  26. Masscot

Masscot

Ah, I've just this minute found a good manual shifting animation if you wanted to do a 6-speed gated version.

driver3d file text should all be replaced with:
    Code:
    [MODEL]
    NAME=driver_no_HANS
    POSITION=0, 0, 0
    [STEER_ANIMATION]
    NAME=steer.ksanim
    LOCK=360
    [SHIFT_ANIMATION]
    BLEND_TIME=100
    POSITIVE_TIME=350
    STATIC_TIME=10
    NEGATIVE_TIME=350
    PRELOAD_RPM=6500
    INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0
    [HIDE_OBJECT_0]
    NAME=DRIVER:HELMET
    [HIDE_OBJECT_1]
    NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
    This is the actual animation, unzip it and put it in the 'animations' folder and remove the two existing paddle shift animations:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u6vdp05pkp7cnh7/shift.7z/file

Don123456789, Mike173 and JakubP like this.
  27. flyingsaucer

flyingsaucer

@JakubP take your time now it's in your garage LOL. Even when I take the car to the mechanic I know that I have to wait and to get a good job, rule number 1 is not to rush. Then what's very important is the fact that you and all the modders dedicate your precious time to all of us.

Cheers always in debt Tony

ukzz4iroc and JakubP like this.
  28. tiwixblue

tiwixblue

Hey everyone, I have been messing around with the ever loved Paul Ricard. A track that I have really come to enjoy having raced/hotlapped on it recently in ACC. Almost forgot that AC had a version and retexture, both of which are pictured/linked below. Tried a go at retexturing the track myself to better match what I saw in ACC. It's not great per se (road has reddish tint, no groove, cones where there isn't in ACC, blurry side track textures) but it is more visually appealing to my eyes.

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_paul_ricard_24-9-120-10-27-48.jpg
    ORIGINAL by Strarck3D
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/paul-ricard.6115/

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_paul_ricard_24-9-120-10-29-3.jpg
    2020 Retexture by jjfarmer2301
    https://www.racedepartment.com/down...rd-2020-retexture-content-manager-skin.31013/

Paul.jpg
    ACC by Kunos

Screenshot_pc_civic_paul_ricard_25-9-120-12-9-31.jpg
    ACC to AC Retexture by tiwixblue

29. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro

One of the most easy things. In a few words....
    1 - Low values = More acceleration - Less top speed.
    2 - Higher values = Less acceleration - More top speed.

But this have some more to think about.

1 - Good for tracks with small straights
    2 - The opposite

If we want more top speed, we adjust the last gear (lets imagine a 5 speed gear box) with a lower value. Ex:
    Gear_5= 1.285, we change this value to, (as an example) 1.100 (could be 1.150, or 1.020). This requires some test, obviously.

Easy reminder = We low the numbers to get more top speed; We raise the numbers to get more acceleration

But... I love this word. But depending how we change the last gear to achieve more top speed, many times, we have to adjust aswell the 4th
    and sometimes - when the change is more radical - all the gears.
    Or we end up with a huge RPM drop, from 4th to 5th making it a slower recovering 5th gear.

Another note, it is not enough changing the gear ratios to achive some top speed, it depends of the size of the track straights and the power/torque of the car too.

Obviously Blamer. My comment is not about the secretism and the privacing, it was about the warning making nonsense, because we have alerts for it.

jaqory likes this.
  30. DjamilDrs

DjamilDrs

MrB00 likes this.