Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,798 comments
Many thanks to xezez and KJRacing81 and P1ButtPlug for your help with headlight intensity. It helped me a lot, now I still have the problem that the exposure only extends to half of the windshield. Can I correct the area upwards?

View attachment 960656

You sure have your driving position set a long way back from the wheel and windscreen! Does the occluded area reduce if you move the seat forward a bit? Aside from that...

You could check whether the PP filter you're running has a vignette, which can produce that effect. You could also try adjusting the 'headlight wideness' in the CSP Lighting FX tab.

Yes but not quite to that level. I'll take a look and adjust accordingly.
Dude, happy to also share the whole FBX with the persistance ini for Tripoli if you want to run with it? Seems like a lot of folks interested in seeing this done properly and my skillset is still bottom of the J-Curve. msg me and i will share it, but temporarily only , i am at max capcity on my Google drive.

Also, nice job on the Bentely, enjoying trying to control it around the corners, may or may not involve me screaming at my monitors.... ;)

"no pain, no gain..." - anon.

Guys have you experienced the black screen when racing at Daytona (Reboot) from cockpit camera in the first sector?
Is there any way I could solve it?
Cattura.PNG

Anyone else feeling bad about using mods that use content from other games? I really enjoy a lot of them, but they were made without permissions from original creators + those amazing GT mods (like the Esprit ones), no idea how they even obtained models from a PS4 game... Isn't discussing those against forum's rules? After all, even emulation is considered piracy here. I don't know what to do, Assetto with only scratch made mods (ones that really deserve the most respect to be honest as it takes a long time and a ton of skill to model a car from scratch) seems dull, with mostly race cars and race tracks (I enjoy those, but I also enjoy other kinds of racing like touge) . I considered taking approach of owning the games the models come from. I have GT Sport (but no console, it was my brothers and he has moved out recently, and I can't afford a PS4 now, especially just for a single game + I'm a single player guy and GT Sport AI is not very good), the current gen Forza games etc. while it doesn't change the status of these mods, I think it's a bit better morally. Of course I make exceptions if the game cannot be obtained anymore as a new copy. I don't know, maybe I read some posts by people very opposed to those mods, maybe it's just my Christian scrupulosity kicking in, but I still feel a bit bad about it. What do you guys think? What is your approach?

It's something I debated with myself when I first set out as well, everyone has different standards and morals and it's something you have to decide for yourself based on what you're most comfortable with.

Personally, throughout my life I've purchased GT1/2/4/5/6, Forza 1/3/4/6/7, Forza Horizon 1-4, Dirt Rally, Grid 1/2, Toca 1/2, GTR2, Race 07, NFS 2/3/HP2/Underground 2/Most Wanted/Carbon, Netkar Pro, GPL/GTL, Project Gotham 1-4, Test Drive Unlimited 1/2, The Crew, Total Immersion Racing, Sports Car GT, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa, with probably more to count and with various expansions/DLC. Having bought these games I've supported the various teams and developers of the titles and therefore don't think I'm hurting anyone by using assets from these games in my version of AC.

Exceptions to that rule are anything that is monetised or encrypted. Anyone monetising ripped assets is a con-artist and deserves no money and anyone encrypting ripped assets is a hypocrite.

It gets more complex when looking at content that is ripped from games I haven't purchased. On something like GT Sport then I'm inclined to use it in AC without any guilt, this is simply because even if AC didn't exist at all, I still have no interest in buying a PS4 and GT Sport, so In my mind I'm not depriving the developer of anything. The ground is shakier with games like RF2 and AMS, here I may well have bought these games if a lot of the content from them wasn't already in AC, at the moment this content is installed but untested and unused. When I get around to using it then I'll most likely buy the original games to support the development teams that created that content.

It's also a fairly good policy to look into the way that each developer treats their customer base. Most developers/producers couldn't give the slightest hint of a crap about their average customer, all they want is sales, daily log-ins and DLC purchases. Obviously two wrongs don't make a right but AC modding is a refreshing change that allows me to actually add and customise content to my liking, rather than watching my favourite game get cast aside and replaced with something that adds a few features, but arbitrarily removes a load of content or features because they weren't popular. These companies also don't appear to have tried to stop the AC modding scene in anyway whatsoever in the last 6 years, which would suggest that it's not a concern of theirs, at least at the moment.

Funky little Civic pack from Jean Carlos on FB.
Pretty impressive considering it's his first mod.

View attachment 960642

Do the cars seem overly bright to you? I'm talking external paint and chrome. Seems a little nuclear with my settings. A lot of detail in the cockpit is crushed with use of pure black textures too. Might try some replacements and tweaks as I love this little thing. I've always had a soft spot for fat, squat little compacts. I'll do more paints too.
The Pandem is a little 'spinny' under braking - just brake balance or something more sinister?
Can anyone suggest a good shifting animation?

Hi All.
Is it possible to have different weather in one race with CSP & SOL. If so can anybody tell me how to do it. Many thanks.

I'm not sure if its still the same I use an older version?
for me in the in-game apps select sol plan selector and then tick enable dynamic weather

Tripoli
Conversion from RF track - Author Unknown.
View attachment 960550

Thanks!

Tip: you can very often find the original author on 'The alternative GPL track database'
http://gpltd.bcsims.com/
This Tripoli track was made by Sergio Loro and friends. It's 16 years old :)
Amazing how many of these old GPL tracks are still being recycled.
And lovely that Sergio is still producing tracks, for AC and rF2.

I have some AMS cars in GTR2 and later when it was on sale I bought it. It's pretty good, it's on the same engine as some of my favourite racing games of all time. I guess they have gained a customer after all, in part because of those GTR2 conversions.

Selling mods that use assets from other games is terrible. There is an amazing scratch made 90s BTCC mod for Race 07 and someone converted it to AC (without permission) and is still selling it to this day I think. Not only it is despicable thing to do, the cars look very out of place in AC because they are made for a much older game. I tried it out because someone posted a free link to it but I didn't keep them. I'd rather drive them in Race 07. That mod is of course only a tip of an iceberg. I only pay for scratch made legit mods like URD, RSS etc. I have most URD cars and they are great. Planning to buy RSS GT pack as well because GTR2.

As for encrypting mods, yeah, it is definitely a bit hypocritical. Funny thing is that it is only seen on conversions, I have never seen an encypted scratch made mod.

I can say +10yr ago I had illegal/cracked copies of rF,GTR2,GTL... and ended up buying every one (before Steam)
In my case, piracy cased me to buy the real thing :)
Same here.

There are many different possible points of view:
I will not buy game A because I can have that track as a mod in game B.
I really need to buy game A because it has a certain track.
I will buy game A because I saw some of its content in game B and I really liked it a lot.
I will certainly buy game A v2.0 because the content of v1 that was ripped was very nice.
I think as a net result, the modding (or ripping) community is rather adding to the popularity of (sim) racing games, and therefor not at all inducing financial loss anywhere. I believe the contrary is true.

And for the Christians among us:
Just always do as you please, just keep notes when and where to ask for forgiveness :)

I can say +10yr ago I had illegal/cracked copies of rF,GTR2,GTL... and ended up buying every one (before Steam)
In my case, piracy cased me to buy the real thing :)
Sigh.. #me too :embarrassed:
Only touch the legit ones now.. everything on steam: rF rF2 GTR2 GTL NFS NFSU PC PC2 AMS AMS2 AC ACC etc.
Does the car have any LODs? If it does, I'd check the lods.ini file and see what's going on there first.

Yes that's the first thing I checked. It only has one lod. The lod has wing but strangely the lod is all black.

I have tried to edit lods.ini like below but the wing is still not visible in game.
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=60

[LOD_0]
FILE=dg_mazda_rx7_fd_1997.kn5
IN=0
OUT=1200

So, I ended up doing something incredibly cursed today. Apparently in Project CARS 3. the Ferrari F355 Challenge was put into the Group A touring car class. Obviously that's wrong but it sparked some curiosity in me. I booted up a Group A race in Assetto Corsa with the Kunos cars, the Aussie Group A and a couple others. Wouldn't you know, it BoP's in almost perfectly and I'm keeping it in this grid permanently now. Doesn't even look out of place, which is the strangest part.

View attachment 960629

Could you share the car list and mods, id like to give this a try myself, sounds interesting.

I've seen encrypted mods that weren't just converts and if they were converted models they had scratch made stuff added to them. And as it's been said a million times, stop complaining about encrypted mods, you want an unencrypted one then make it yourself. Ilja offers the possibility to encrypt (and btw if there is nothing made by yourself he doesn't allow that) so people that want to do that can. Complaining it's pointless and only pushes people to keep their mods private instead of releasing them. I've seen mods not encrypted made for AC with some scratch made parts then sold as mods for other games, the only way to avoid that is to encrypt and I don't see anything bad unless you wanted to edit it yourself. As you said websites like shi*dream rip mods made by someone else on other games and sells them, encryption avoids that. Sorry for the answer but I'm tired of reading the same thing repeated over and over.

I'm not complaining, yeah it sounds like a bit like I do (I just kinda agreed with what other person said) but I don't care much to be honest. If it's encrypted, let it be encrypted. Yeah, said it was a bit hipocritical but really, I don't care one bit. I don't do any modding myself, and while I like looking at cars in showroom it still doesn't bother me if I can't. Sorry though, it did sound a bit whiny, I didn't mean it.

I have some AMS cars in GTR2 and later when it was on sale I bought it. It's pretty good, it's on the same engine as some of my favourite racing games of all time. I guess they have gained a customer after all, in part because of those GTR2 conversions.

Selling mods that use assets from other games is terrible. There is an amazing scratch made 90s BTCC mod for Race 07 and someone converted it to AC (without permission) and is still selling it to this day I think. Not only it is despicable thing to do, the cars look very out of place in AC because they are made for a much older game. I tried it out because someone posted a free link to it but I didn't keep them. I'd rather drive them in Race 07. That mod is of course only a tip of an iceberg. I only pay for scratch made legit mods like URD, RSS etc. I have most URD cars and they are great. Planning to buy RSS GT pack as well because GTR2.

As for encrypting mods, yeah, it is definitely a bit hypocritical. Funny thing is that it is only seen on conversions, I have never seen an encypted scratch made mod.

Tell that to scumdream....

As you all know, do not create mods, enjoy many of y'alls work, thank you. I have been messing around with photo mode, lately and you tend to notice a lot of the details in the scene. This has probably been discussed elsewhere and there are probably many good reasons, but has anyone thought of using better ground textures? Much of the asphalt/tarmac surfaces are pretty good, some are exceptional, however the adjacent ground surface takes a nose dive. I look at other racing/driving sims and see a higher quality or resolution texture that may even be blended a little more.

This is not a photo-sim so I know its not a priority or anything for many, but there a lot of tracks where there is a lot of detail in some areas and the ground is just dull.

Is it just not easy to do? Or is it too taxing on the engine? Looking at the progress of SOL/CSP I would never have asked this a few years ago...

Do the cars seem overly bright to you? I'm talking external paint and chrome. Seems a little nuclear with my settings. A lot of detail in the cockpit is crushed with use of pure black textures too. Might try some replacements and tweaks as I love this little thing. I've always had a soft spot for fat, squat little compacts. I'll do more paints too.
The Pandem is a little 'spinny' under braking - just brake balance or something more sinister?
Can anyone suggest a good shifting animation?

I'm no expert but I've made some paints (and added rear/front plates) for this little devil :

0UVo6qM.png

(there's a coupla more)

Also separated and painted the front / rear bumper / grille as well, they shouldn't share the same colour as the body. My 'expertise' ends there ahah.

https://we.tl/t-Uvn5vKZjnc

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back