Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,774 comments
I don't do AO. I can't. If you wanna do it, be my guest mate !

Use content manager to create a new AO in the custom showroom and set it as the bottom layer in a PSD file. Then make a new layer above and set that to Multiply and finally add the wireframe (which you can also create in cm) as a reference layer.
Save as a PSD each time you do something to preserve layer structure and once you've finished your skin save it as a DDS.

Take a look at this for some help

i agree. once i have gotten finished with Suzuka....this will be my next project...the (i presume abandoned) malagoli version is a really great starting point...i have already started fixing stuff up on this version (namely fixed the big gaping hole in the exterior terrain and added a nice titular mountain...trees next etc etc...i will try to do it justice i promise

in that case you may want to take this off my hands. gave up on it because i dont have a clue what im doing and it runs like crap.. you'll see what ive done, looking forward to your one.
full

fuji.68630

sorry for the size
https://anonfiles.com/dbH0x9bapb/fuji_test_7z

Attachments

• fast_lane.zip
    278.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Use content manager to create a new AO in the custom showroom and set it as the bottom layer in a PSD file. Then make a new layer above and set that to Multiply and finally add the wireframe (which you can also create in cm) as a reference layer.
Save as a PSD each time you do something to preserve layer structure and once you've finished your skin save it as a DDS.

Take a look at this for some help

What does AO do exactly ? Add some more shadows ?

What does AO do exactly ? Add some more shadows ?

Pretty much yeah. It's needed as AC doesn't generate it's own shadows in game so the AO layer provides them. It doesn't look that obvious in the showroom (although you can tell when there's no AO vs AO) but in game makes all the difference.

Or at least that's my understanding of it anyway

If you need some more help give me a shout but It might have to wait till tomorrow before I can explain things and show you how to make your own AO layers etc

Last edited:
Has anyone fixed the tires/physics issue on the ACC Porsche GT3R Port? I really like the model, it just needs to handle properly to elevate the simulation quality of the rest of the car.

It's being updated by the author. It will be done when it is done though

it seems there is a lot more wrong with the FK8, than the gears...

Alignment is all off, you can't even get it within factory range! Tried some trial and error adjustment on camber and toe which gets it closer, but then I but I really don't know what I am doing :confused: I'd then like to set the adjustment range to factory as well...

Some questions!

is there a degree setting somewhere for caster? It shows 5.5 but it should be 8

What file is the steering ratio, turning circle located?
car.ini

I guess I should just go drive my car, much less to think about doing that! ;)

Caster - suspension.ini
Caster alighnment value.png

Steer Ratio - car.ini:
upload_2020-9-29_12-53-16.png

And of course drive your own car. Why not.
Sport_racing-car_1f3ce(5)_mysmiley.net.png

For some reason the Kunos P1 is broken in my game
upload_2020-9-29_18-54-57.png

I haven't changed anything to the car and even validated the game integrity via steam. Anybody know how this is possible? Thanks

View attachment 961485
I haven't changed anything to the car and even validated the game integrity via steam. Anybody know how this is possible? Thanks

Hi,
Most of the times this happen when a car from the racing grid has a sound issue, or usually no sound.
Try to set the opposite grid only with your car and see if it loads.
Unless the problem is in your Kunos car.

Curvelo - The "glorious tree" update

DOWNLOAD

Sorry it took a while to upload, but, was not happy with X Trees, so rewrote my python script to make Star Trees.

Track now contains star tree versions of all the original AMS trees from original track. as each tree plane must duplicated, its normals flipped, then duplicated and rotated twice geometry count gets big quickly (even if it only takes a second to do all the trees with the script), so the sacrifice is I did not do the horizon trees in the original track (they are damn far away), as the sattelite texture replacement solves the ground colour issue those trees were trying to solve anyhow.

I use natural mod for gaming, I kind of detest the killer saturation in some tracks so i tone it back, use this ppfilter you are still getting strong greens.

Some triple screen grabs below. gorgeous now, if monotonous green tracks are your thing, this is not for you, brown sand, sandy sand, red sand, and some grey $h1t that the grass cannot decide if it wants to grow on, thrown in just for good measure ;)
View attachment 961441
View attachment 961439
View attachment 961440

I figured out how to fix the overexposure which occurs on some tracks like yours: go to extension\weather\sol and open up the sol__track_adaptions.lua.

Add a new line down below exactly like this:

upload_2020-9-29_19-13-55.png

Where the " " should be the name of your circuit *kn5 included.
If you want to have the exact values enter them just like the ones above, otherwise " == 1 then" will do also justice since you can edit the values then ingame with the SOL config app.

Careful though: this file is gonna be overwritten with each new SOL version!

Hope I could explain it properly, sorry, no English native....

Caster - suspension.ini
View attachment 961482

Steer Ratio - car.ini:
View attachment 961484

And of course drive your own car. Why not.
Sport_racing-car_1f3ce(5)_mysmiley.net.png

Thanks for that, but that line seems to be missing...

Code:
STRUT_CAR=0.2003, 0.4779, -0.0460
STRUT_TYRE=0.0520, -0.1500, 0.0150
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.4100, -0.1600, 0.3250
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.3900, -0.1550, -0.0400
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.0520, -0.1500, 0.0150
WBCAR_STEER=0.3780, -0.0930, 0.0600
WBTYRE_STEER=0.0400, -0.0775, 0.1500

Would it be adjusted on WBTYRE_BOTTOM instead?

The more I look at the car (FK8 Type R) the more problems it seems to have :( I believe it started life as a tuned car rather than a factory fresh example thus the bad data. It would be nice to have stock example to play with after all it is one of the best performing front wheel drive cars ever made, but I think correcting this one is beyond me at this time :(

More learning required, maybe I will try an chip away at it.

I tried a quick race with the Kunos 911 GT3 Cup at Donington National, but several AI cars didn't leave the line and caused chaos! What could be the possible cause of the AI not wanting to start the race?

upload_2020-9-29_12-16-39.png

upload_2020-9-29_12-15-47.png

upload_2020-9-29_12-24-55.png

upload_2020-9-29_12-25-24.png

Still working on Brno '65. I've finished most of the hard stuff, now I'm just fixing really bad old low res textures by creating new ones. Lots of new normal maps, working on making windows reflective and lit at night, etc.

Quick question though, and this is probably pretty basic, but how can I prevent this:

upload_2020-9-29_12-19-15.png

Shadows that are cast on the back side of that wall are displaying on the front side of the wall. Is there something I can do in 3dsimed to fix that?

EDIT: looks like I've figured it out. It's "facet normals."

Last edited:
View attachment 961485
If it isn't fixed yet, try renaming the bank file in the sfx folder to anything (add a "-" to the end etc.). If the Windows Explorer asks for administrator rights, something is wrong. It shouldn't ask for admin rights. Duplicate the bank file, delete the old one and rename the new one to the original.

This may sound stupid but happened to me a few times. .bank files require administrator access for some reason.

Thanks for that, but that line seems to be missing...

Code:
STRUT_CAR=0.2003, 0.4779, -0.0460
STRUT_TYRE=0.0520, -0.1500, 0.0150
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.4100, -0.1600, 0.3250
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.3900, -0.1550, -0.0400
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.0520, -0.1500, 0.0150
WBCAR_STEER=0.3780, -0.0930, 0.0600
WBTYRE_STEER=0.0400, -0.0775, 0.1500

Would it be adjusted on WBTYRE_BOTTOM instead?

The more I look at the car (FK8 Type R) the more problems it seems to have :( I believe it started life as a tuned car rather than a factory fresh example thus the bad data. It would be nice to have stock example to play with after all it is one of the best performing front wheel drive cars ever made, but I think correcting this one is beyond me at this time :(

More learning required, maybe I will try an chip away at it.
The best tool we have for this is CM Showroom. If you click "align car by data", you can make real time adjustments to the suspension and see the changes happen. You can move the bottom forward, the top back or a combination of both if that's what keeps the suspension in the correct place.

RainFX configs are prepared track by track, so all you can do it wait for someone to write a new one for each track, or learn how to do that for yourself. I'm not so concerned about driving in the rain, so I'm happy to wait. Maybe that will change when I eventually upgrade to a more powerful GPU and can run more of all the good-looking but FPS-eating FX that CSP offers.*

(* This sentence has officially contravened the 'International Treaty For Sentences With Too Many Acronyms'.)
Thanks. Hopefully when the full release comes there will be rain fx updates for tracks

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back