PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. graveltrap

graveltrap

Yes, the gears do appear to be wrong... All I know about 2nd is that it disappears rather quickly :) third is my favourite ;)

From Honda US website Here

• 1st: 3.625
    • 2nd: 2.115
    • 3rd: 1.529
    • 4th: 1.125
    • 5th: 0.911
    • 6th: 0.735
    • Reverse: 3.758
    • Final Drive: 4.111
    I guess they just need to be plugged into the drivetrain.ini like so?

Code:
    [GEARS]
    COUNT=6
    GEAR_R=-3.758
    ; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
    GEAR_1=3.625
    GEAR_2=2.115
    GEAR_3=1.529
    GEAR_4=1.125
    GEAR_5=0.911
    GEAR_6=0.735
    FINAL=4.111

Masscot likes this.
  2. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

I still have to learn how to do this "seperate track thing",

all up its quite a bit of work, simply slapping an rf(2) >> 3dsimed>>rename>>kseditor>>ac track with a dash of ext_config is quite easy, 1-2 hours tops, but, because of how the engines in those games handle things like textures and camera facing objects are VERY different the result typically looks worse than the same track in its original sim engine, not a goal of mine to do that, so I dig into the geometry itself, sometimes merging a whole bunch of mesh, removing duplicate vertices etc (maybe deleting and redrawing entire section) and reworking so a new UV map can be generated and map better textures, even hand painted ones etc, fix the camera facing objects from rf(2) is also a lot of work to get them looking good, but, it does mean by the time I am done, the two things do not even nearly match "under the hood" to what they are and what they were.

How do I go about keeping the original AND the new one when they are so very different, and things like ext_config , textures folders etc will be shared?

Need to figure it out.

racealot likes this.
  3. EvilGloomy

EvilGloomy

It wasn't anything special, it was a standard EVO 6 with the entire ralliart catalog installed on it. Its the same as those M-Peformance parts available from BMW. Hell, BMW copied the entire idea from the Japanese in the first place, LOL

Paulo Ribeiro and TonySSS like this.
  4. Mitch9

Mitch9

If you want two separate track folders for the "same", or different version of the track you basically make a copy of the whole thing and rename any file that has the old name to the new name: so the folder, the kn5, the reference to the kn5 inside the models.ini and all the other inis on the data folder, etc.
    The config file should work as long as it's inside the track´s extension folder and not the assettocorsa>extension>loaded folder (in which case you would have to rename that too).
    Hope it helps.

racealot likes this.
  5. TonySSS

TonySSS

Ye I would like to see you find a RalliArt catalog for this Lancer so that I could find someone to recreate them all from scratch just for that Lancer made by Mike (won't accept the ones who get paid since I'm very broke in life rn lol)

6. gergerger

gergerger

Little update for the "1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA" by Jarerawwr (maintenance, if you prefer).

-Removed weird plastic texture causing wrinkles on the center of the wheel
    -Improved leather textures on seats and doors
    -Right mirror enabled
    -Added flames (smoke only)
    -Added shaking hood and exhaust
    -Added deformable hood
    -Corrected pavement reflection on gauges glass
    -Renamed skin colors, added yellow
    -Added driver & driver skin
    -Brightened rims
    -Added crew & Trans Am banner
    -Updated UI info & stats so they match in-game performance

EDIT: Sorry, wrong flames files. This one is right:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/uk6n9roibppy0uj/file

* Model is an oldie and has an invisible leak on the roof that allows a little rainfx effects inside the cockpit (the driver's POV getting wet, a few droplets popping from time to time). I don't know how to fix it, but it has nothing to do with tags as far as I know.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    zuotoski, Spyrious, ukzz4iroc and 6 others like this.
  7. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro

Thank you.
    Made 3 dark colors with white rims to it. Hehe.

upload_2020-9-29_3-5-37.png
    upload_2020-9-29_3-6-8.png
    upload_2020-9-29_3-6-42.png

Gabriele, Spyrious, TonySSS and 4 others like this.
  8. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro

This happened to me at the first corner (tested more than once). Suspension always brake under steering.
    I thought it could be the tires being V4. Changed to V10, but the issue remained.
    Anyone with the same experience?

[​IMG]

577076090 and TY Williams like this.
  9. gergerger

gergerger

Woah! That didn't happen with my car, just tested it in a variety of circuits.
    Tyres are V4 (I didn't touch that part of the original mod)

10. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

not broken , it a feature, works with the "Drift Mode ON" button ;)

11. flyingsaucer

flyingsaucer

Thanks a lots for this gem. Which Subaru can do a battle with this one?

12. Pretender1000

Pretender1000

Hi guys !!!! in the repetition it is always dark what can I do ????:confused:

13. GLePC

GLePC

DELETE

14. Mike08

Mike08

I think i have put the Same amount of hours in it than you... Sorry mate.
    And PLEASE , that is not a skin! It is a full track rework.
    The original Autor is surely also not Happy that you did not Credit him on your Page and put your Donation and sharemods Link to it.

I credited all of you! And put even your url.

But i think the Community is happy to have another free track Version.
    So i would like to handshake with you and the author

bilao, kimiraik, tetzip and 4 others like this.
  15. Mike08

Mike08

Thanks mate!!!

16. UolterUait

UolterUait

I don't have rain builds but if I'm not wrong it works correctly only if all the dummies like HR Cockpit are made correctly and have all the interior parts parented to it. So mods made following the pipeline should be alright, it might not be the case for mods made more "freely"

17. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

when you trying to finish that track you said you would upload.. but..

luchi66, POV, mrtomcat66 and 21 others like this.
  18. Masscot

Masscot

Anyone else started getting security warnings with Sharemods?

Ken134, cswanson1998, Papifix and 6 others like this.
  19. Diegonapoli10

Diegonapoli10

Kaspersky all the time

Ken134 and MrB00 like this.
  20. ParanoidDoge

ParanoidDoge

balcis, kalun318, zuotoski and 14 others like this.
  21. graveltrap

graveltrap

it seems there is a lot more wrong with the FK8, than the gears...

Alignment is all off, you can't even get it within factory range! Tried some trial and error adjustment on camber and toe which gets it closer, but then I but I really don't know what I am doing :confused: I'd then like to set the adjustment range to factory as well...

Some questions!

is there a degree setting somewhere for caster? It shows 5.5 but it should be 8

What file is the steering ratio, turning circle located?

I guess I should just go drive my car, much less to think about doing that! ;)

Beezer215 likes this.
  22. Mike08

Mike08

I guess i have to take a break these days and test all of your nice tracks and carmods!
    Just incredibly much modwork in here, who would have thought this as AC was released in 2014!!?

Teddie, Don123456789 and kimiraik like this.
  23. __EASY__

__EASY__

mrtomcat66, zuotoski, Natan5 and 15 others like this.
  24. Zwiss

Zwiss

All the time.

25. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

Curvelo - The "glorious tree" update

DOWNLOAD

Sorry it took a while to upload, but, was not happy with X Trees, so rewrote my python script to make Star Trees.

Track now contains star tree versions of all the original AMS trees from original track. as each tree plane must duplicated, its normals flipped, then duplicated and rotated twice geometry count gets big quickly (even if it only takes a second to do all the trees with the script), so the sacrifice is I did not do the horizon trees in the original track (they are damn far away), as the sattelite texture replacement solves the ground colour issue those trees were trying to solve anyhow.

I use natural mod for gaming, I kind of detest the killer saturation in some tracks so i tone it back, use this ppfilter you are still getting strong greens.

Some triple screen grabs below. gorgeous now, if monotonous green tracks are your thing, this is not for you, brown sand, sandy sand, red sand, and some grey $h1t that the grass cannot decide if it wants to grow on, thrown in just for good measure ;)
    upload_2020-9-29_19-47-2.png
    upload_2020-9-29_19-42-55.png
    upload_2020-9-29_19-43-21.png

26. portakal

portakal

I don't get any. What's the message? Sharemods is very stripped down for me. Also pop-ups and overlays are blocked.
    upload_2020-9-29_13-1-19.png

Steveo324xx likes this.
  27. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

lol, two tracks that have taken me more than a month all up, and I am STILL not happy, everytime I say I am done with them i go back and tinker.

Opened the Tripoli Track to just pop in some timers, nek minnit, been on it for an hour tweaking bevelling the hard geometry edges, filling in the gaps in the middle, sand texture mapping..

I think track modding is NOT my thing, the jeweller in me says everything is never good enough. I will have no life, reckon after these two I am tipping in my hat!

28. DavidDGA

DavidDGA

MrB00 likes this.
  29. GIBBONS

GIBBONS

I'm pretty sure at this point that the Illuminati has an active plot to stop a road going Corvette C5 making its way into Assetto Corsa. That's the only thing I can think of. Considering we have numerous versions of every other Corvette model out there and it's not like there are a shortage of available models to rip (the car has been in pretty much every racing game since Need For Speed III 'Hot Pursuit' in 1998!), it's still the most baffling omission in the AC car roster.

Before anyone says it, I'm aware that there's a rubbish encrypted drift version with horrid wheels available for download.

cswanson1998 likes this.
  30. Jerry60

Jerry60

Downloading: Honda_NSX_GT3_-_GT3_EVO_Sprint_Endurance_Pack_GTPlanet_Modding_Team_v1.6.7z [363.9 MB]

https://we.tl/t-l92Iv2VDoW

balcis, Papifix and portakal like this.