PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Mike08

Mike08

I guess i have to take a break these days and test all of your nice tracks and carmods!
    Just incredibly much modwork in here, who would have thought this as AC was released in 2014!!?

Teddie, Don123456789 and kimiraik like this.
  2. __EASY__

__EASY__

mrtomcat66, zuotoski, Natan5 and 15 others like this.
  3. Zwiss

Zwiss

All the time.

4. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

Curvelo - The "glorious tree" update

DOWNLOAD

Sorry it took a while to upload, but, was not happy with X Trees, so rewrote my python script to make Star Trees.

Track now contains star tree versions of all the original AMS trees from original track. as each tree plane must duplicated, its normals flipped, then duplicated and rotated twice geometry count gets big quickly (even if it only takes a second to do all the trees with the script), so the sacrifice is I did not do the horizon trees in the original track (they are damn far away), as the sattelite texture replacement solves the ground colour issue those trees were trying to solve anyhow.

I use natural mod for gaming, I kind of detest the killer saturation in some tracks so i tone it back, use this ppfilter you are still getting strong greens.

Some triple screen grabs below. gorgeous now, if monotonous green tracks are your thing, this is not for you, brown sand, sandy sand, red sand, and some grey $h1t that the grass cannot decide if it wants to grow on, thrown in just for good measure ;)
    upload_2020-9-29_19-47-2.png
    upload_2020-9-29_19-42-55.png
    upload_2020-9-29_19-43-21.png

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  5. portakal

portakal

I don't get any. What's the message? Sharemods is very stripped down for me. Also pop-ups and overlays are blocked.
    upload_2020-9-29_13-1-19.png

Steveo324xx likes this.
  6. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

lol, two tracks that have taken me more than a month all up, and I am STILL not happy, everytime I say I am done with them i go back and tinker.

Opened the Tripoli Track to just pop in some timers, nek minnit, been on it for an hour tweaking bevelling the hard geometry edges, filling in the gaps in the middle, sand texture mapping..

I think track modding is NOT my thing, the jeweller in me says everything is never good enough. I will have no life, reckon after these two I am tipping in my hat!

7. DavidDGA

DavidDGA

MrB00 likes this.
  8. GIBBONS

GIBBONS

I'm pretty sure at this point that the Illuminati has an active plot to stop a road going Corvette C5 making its way into Assetto Corsa. That's the only thing I can think of. Considering we have numerous versions of every other Corvette model out there and it's not like there are a shortage of available models to rip (the car has been in pretty much every racing game since Need For Speed III 'Hot Pursuit' in 1998!), it's still the most baffling omission in the AC car roster.

Before anyone says it, I'm aware that there's a rubbish encrypted drift version with horrid wheels available for download.

cswanson1998 likes this.
  9. Jerry60

Jerry60

Downloading: Honda_NSX_GT3_-_GT3_EVO_Sprint_Endurance_Pack_GTPlanet_Modding_Team_v1.6.7z [363.9 MB]

https://we.tl/t-l92Iv2VDoW

balcis, Papifix and portakal like this.
  10. portakal

portakal

Thanks man. I already downloaded it, Sharemods works for me haha. I was asking Masscot his warning message.
    :lol::cheers:

Jerry60 likes this.
  11. TaistoTurri

TaistoTurri

Thank you for bringing the massive amount of quality-content the the game Mr. __EASY__, you have really proven your value to this community.

Anyway, have you ever considered including all the layouts from rF2 to your conversions? I can't tell how much extra work making extra layouts would be, but for example this Albi 2006 with no chicanes would be a great add IMO.

Real Toonces likes this.
  12. Yaprishu

Yaprishu

You mean this? I now have to click "keep" or "keep file anyway" in the downloads tab after starting a sharemods download and it's annoying really.
    Untitled.png

13. kimiraik

kimiraik

Yes same here!

Ken134 and Nahun333 like this.
  14. Mike08

Mike08

I know that good.
    Driving 20 sec.
    Nek minnit = 2 hours tweaking/reworking everything!
    Everytime i launch up AC! :mischievous:

15. saXXXon

saXXXon

nope. but i use sharemods inside CM and just click the built in install button in cm on the "frontpage" of the mod before click on anything. is it the regular browser warning?

16. Masscot

Masscot

Yes, thanks - that's the message. Started getting it in the past few days.
    Maybe Google have downgraded Sharemods security rating or something.

17. UolterUait

UolterUait

Thanks for the skins, however you forgot the AO layer on them

MrB00 and norms like this.
  18. RMi_wood

RMi_wood

naw... just new malware delivery technique :p

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

yes, always.

20. portakal

portakal

I've never got a security warning with Sharemods. Using the latest Chrome. I wonder what triggers it.

21. __EASY__

__EASY__

deleted

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  22. Jodurson

Jodurson

Hm.
    We already have an acceptable quality RF2-convert "Circuit Zandvoort 2020 1.23" (links can be found or asked in this thread).
    Why make another one? What's the difference between them?
    Don't get me wrong - I'm just curious.

Zwiss, Mitch9, rrrgp and 2 others like this.
  23. IanBowser

IanBowser

The link for that track is dead, does anyone have a new one?

24. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Do we have a good version of Mt Fuji?
    The one I have is sub par. I think some time legendary tracks are not getting the attention that some obscure track do. Diversity is good, but the "classics" should be first to get all the goodies that our resident genius modder can give them.
    Just saying.

Pencil, Masscot, Eric Rowland and 3 others like this.
  25. Jimlloyd

Jimlloyd

OK so correct me if i'm wrong...but your a little upset about somebody tweaking your conversion...i'm sure i remember you doing something quite similar not so long ago. and as i recall you shrugged your shoulders...consistency please. ill say it yet again, those in glass houses.

xezez, bflorezr, Zwiss and 10 others like this.
  26. ParanoidDoge

ParanoidDoge

I don't do AO. I can't. If you wanna do it, be my guest mate !

UolterUait and KJRacing81 like this.
  27. Jimlloyd

Jimlloyd

i agree. once i have gotten finished with Suzuka....this will be my next project...the (i presume abandoned) malagoli version is a really great starting point...i have already started fixing stuff up on this version (namely fixed the big gaping hole in the exterior terrain and added a nice titular mountain...trees next etc etc...i will try to do it justice i promise

Sam12H, Helzephyr, POV and 31 others like this.
  28. Tom 00

Tom 00

J
    A@@pl
    Thanks, don't forget about Sebring, Lemans and Portland from RF2 :)

drivewilliams likes this.
  29. ukzz4iroc

ukzz4iroc

Thanks so much for doing this, it looks great. There is something fundamentally wrong with the handling though, as someone else pointed out. It has evil bump steer and the front wheels do funky things. Did you lower it- they actually sat quite a bit higher. Any chance of a quick update please? Thanks again.

30. JakubP

JakubP

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020