Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
Also, driving in the rain in real life sucks. If I have the ability to make nice weather I'm picking that option every time. RainFX has only ever interested me in a visual sense, I certainly don't want to drive in it, so I'm not mourning the extra wait for that.

I must say track days in the wet scare me a bit, especially if I'm driving someone else's car! But I enjoy recreating historical wet races in AC, such as Spa 67 and Fuji 76, the last of which I watched live on the BBC. I remember having an inner cheer when Lauda retired, though from today's perspective I think he was quite correct to do so.

Last edited:
bgr00.jpg

AUTODROMO INTERNACIONAL VELOPARK 2.0

Autodromo Internacional Velopark - Version 2.0

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New curb, sponsor boards, people and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 2.0
- New conversion from scratch
- Reworked trees
- New horizon
- Update of textures and materials
- Performance optimization
- Update of extension file
- New layout (Standard)
- New AI Line by @LiquidSkyMan

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z46ss889all8ift/vhe_velopark_2.0.rar/file

NOTES:
-DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSION
-VAO NOT INCLUDED

I'm not using SOL. I don't even use CSP, I just have it installed. SweetFx only works in Force 32 bit, that's why I'm using it, but that's not the problem.
In fact I've just tried it out, the car model itself is the problem.
I've had a different version of the GT63S which had the wrong wheels and other bugs, and I used it's config for this model and the game still crashed. So the problem definitely lies within the .kn5 file.
I've tried to import it into 3DSimED and it worked perfectly, I can see everything there. Like I've mentioned it works in the showroom too, so I really don't know what the problem is...

EDIT:
Tried both the standard and the tuned version of the new one. None of them work. Although since it has the same model, that's not that surprising.

I've just spoken with the author, asked him about these crashes. He mentioned it needs latest CSP and download all packages.
What does he mean by all packages? CSP is just 1 .rar file and I have that.

@SgtKanyo

amg_logo.dds, doooops.dds, exi.dds, grey.dds, and seatbelt.dds, seem to actually be .png files so will need renaming or converting.

logo.jpg, I'm not sure .jpg files are supported.

caliper_color.dds, will only open as a .jpg but I'm not sure what format it really is.

Export to .fbx with CM then open in ksEditor, convert and rename files as necessary and make sure ksEditor is referencing them and see how you go.

Last edited:
@SgtKanyo

amg_logo.dds, doooops.dds, exi.dds, grey.dds, and seatbelt.dds, seem to actually be .png files so will need renaming or converting.

logo.jpg, I'm not sure .jpg files are supported.

caliper_color.dds, will only open as a .jpg but I'm not sure what format it really is.

Export to .fbx with CM then open in ksEditor, convert and rename files as necessary and make sure ksEditor is referencing them and see how you go.

I'm sorry I don'T understand.
Plus I don't have CM and I don't intend to use it.
I don't quite understand what's the problem with .dds and .png files. Lots of cars are using it.

You could try the DB1/DB1s on assettoland which were done by smallblockhero update by Velo. I've never personally download them so don't how good they physics are.

I meant by the LMP1 DBR1-2 aka the Aston Martin lola.

Chivas Autoart is working on a 2005-2006 season GT500 cars

It's on Alpha right now. Here is the S N O R K E L G A N G NSX
122046277_3575627392489098_4993715447026291103_o.jpg
122147735_3575627512489086_2929492887795953254_o.jpg
121807448_3575627449155759_7758849785389616710_o.jpg

Now this looks promising, I can't wait for the 350z to finally come then we'd pretty much have all the cars in the game in different spec.

I don't quite understand what's the problem with .dds and .png files. Lots of cars are using it.
Hang on a cotton pickin' minute!! can CSP be installed without CM?

Last edited:

mer_amggt4_18_symbols_diff.dds and, mer_amggt4_18_doortags_diff.dds, whilst .dds files have been saved in DX10 (BC7) which I also suspect is unsupported.

New NVIDIA cards are going away from Type-C again unfortunately.
The Type-C port is to be used with the Oculus Link cable to connect the Quest/Quest 2 and use it as a PC HMD

EDIT: You can use a Type-C port that's on your motherboard

Last edited:
View attachment 966371
AUTODROMO INTERNACIONAL VELOPARK 2.0

Autodromo Internacional Velopark - Version 2.0

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New curb, sponsor boards, people and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 2.0
- New conversion from scratch
- Reworked trees
- New horizon
- Update of textures and materials
- Performance optimization
- Update of extension file
- New layout (Standard)
- New AI Line by @LiquidSkyMan

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z46ss889all8ift/vhe_velopark_2.0.rar/file

NOTES:
-DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSION
-VAO NOT INCLUDED
He's back!! :bowdown:

1. get content manager (free version doesn´t even cost a quid)
2. install latest csp (can be done within CM)
3. install latest SOL (version 1.6 from RD will do the job)

Everything solved then.

Hang on a cotton pickin' minute!! can CSP be installed without CM?

Yes ofcourse. I use JSGME to install it. You cannot configure it like in CM, but you can install it.
You can imagine JSGME like having a simple GUI which lets you enable or disable mods. It's an alternative to CM, but much less complicated and has only this basic feature.

1. get content manager (free version doesn´t even cost a quid)
2. install latest csp (can be done within CM)
3. install latest SOL (version 1.6 from RD will do the job)

Everything solved then.

Wait so even SOL is a requirement for this car?
I really don't wish to install now 2 mods for 1 mod. It's getting ridiculous.
If it 100% solves the issue, I might install it, but if I have to keep using CSP too, then I won't care.

mer_amggt4_18_symbols_diff.dds and, mer_amggt4_18_doortags_diff.dds, whilst .dds files have been saved in DX10 (BC7) which I also suspect is unsupported.

I don't know if those formats wouldn't be supported, then it wouldn't work for any of you. Remember that you guys didn't modify anything, just installed the car.

If it 100% solves the issue, I might install it, but if I have to keep using CSP too, then I won't care.

I don't know if those formats wouldn't be supported, then it wouldn't work for any of you. Remember that you guys didn't modify anything, just installed the car.

I really don´t know if SOL is necessary to keep that AMG running but it seems this is becoming life threatening for you so I just wanted to give you some hints to experience the full AC galore. It´s all free and doesn´t hurt so I don´t understand the problem at all.

I don't understand what's wrong with csp. And no, SOL isn't probably needed since it has nothing to do with car mods but I still will probably never get why not using CM, CSP and SOL

Again though, I'm pretty sure everything done here could have been accomplished with a config file for CSP instead of releasing a whole new track.

__EASY__ often manages to decrease the size of the .kn5-files in his releases. I don't know how big is the difference after CM-compression, but for those with a finite SSD-capacity this can be a seen as a reason for releasing the whole track instead of just configs.

Norma M20 FC

This car drives well, though some may find it a little too "sticky" at first. However, if you really push it, you begin to appreciate it. While the physics are good, the 3D model still needs some poly and shaders work to improve it.

Link to the modders' Facebook page (you have to join to download) is in the description.

Some real-life laps...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don´t know if SOL is necessary to keep that AMG running but it seems this is becoming life threatening for you so I just wanted to give you some hints to experience the full AC galore. It´s all free and doesn´t hurt so I don´t understand the problem at all.

As good as AC can look with SOL, I never could configure it. Using CSP does look great at night driving, but at daytime the textures look washed out, they shine like they were wet and I could never get SOL to look like on the pictures. It's overcomplicated just so that you could have a bit better graphics. I'm saying a bit better, because imo AC already looks good. The reason we play AC is because of the superior physics engine. It's the most realistic car simulation game, and if you don't agree with it, you haven't modded it enough.

These pictures were all made without any CSP or photoshop. Only using the sharpening filter of SweetFX (which only works in 32 bit):
4C375E47D7996209D0C52ACC62D43AF9377F91ED
301CD15CC454123D680B927805F0CC7FF59A365D

Yes still without CSP:
340EA8C26ABE912284B5033C2577C93E95EA0BC2

16FF8F29FD60572258A7CD8C4EF06B6A16D4C59C

8BF2DD84CD5B0AB348610EE273130342A98B6E9E

BUT we're going off topic. Why isn't the AMG GT63 S working, if it's not CSP, not SOL or anything.
I'd love to use the other one, but it's MBUX is dog****. I've tried fixing it by giving a nicer screen, but it has a red 3D needle, which is not even centered...
I can't believe noone else has this issue.

__EASY__ often manages to decrease the size of the .kn5-files in his releases. I don't know how big is the difference after CM-compression, but for those with a finite SSD-capacity this can be a seen as a reason for releasing the whole track instead of just configs.

"CM-Compression" is only valid on YOUR OWN DRIVE *it is a Win10 builtin-feature.
It does nothing to decrease the size of the distributed files

I am now setting most shadows and fixing single sided materials via ext_config.ini now, so much faster.
A few tracks, like Buxton (and Keimola) have nearly a hundred TSO meshes each that need shadows...
4 lines in a config is so much easier!

an easy fix for crappy shadows on track
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= lets do global shadows here
MESHES = ?? ; ??=all meshes
MATERIALS = ;
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back