Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
When in CM Showroom, there is an option to rotate the car automatically. Once the showroom is closed and re-opened again, you need to re-enable the rotation function again. Does some of you know if it is possible to have that option being saved? I am quite confident there must be an .ini or something to edit?!

I've been thinking about it .... we don't have a speedster.

never touched car modding before, but can anything be done to fix the pain on this one from RD, something odd about it the dorr panels and body dont match etc, would not mind it in that awesome colour from the original image I posted either. the lumpiness/wobbliness of the mesh near the top panels at the roof etc is also a little offputting, hopefully someone digs up something a little more refined.

upload_2020-10-21_6-46-38.png

Last edited:
The CM Workshop!
  • View cars in CM Showroom without installation (requires to load some data, but less of it than the whole car);
  • Worry less about people copying your work without permission: CM Workshop would do its best to try and detect such cases automatically;
File storage, I believe, is figured out as well (thanks to Backblaze B2 and Cloudflare collaboration)
although I might have to switch to a dedicated server later on if there would be any issues.
Highlights:

View Cars: Will likely involve downloading the .kn5, possibly encrypted
Worry less: possible encryption
try and detect: Likely via checksums on .kn5 and data.acd / data folder
File storage: Unless bulletproof... until Aston Martin issues a takedown

I had some weird bugs in VR with anything newer than 0.62 where flat things (like crowds and old-style 3d grass and stuff) would only render in one eye. It's been reported to ilja and I'm sure will eventually be fixed, but going past 0.62 with a VR setup just isn't advisable right now.

When in CM Showroom, there is an option to rotate the car automatically. Once the showroom is closed and re-opened again, you need to re-enable the rotation function again. Does some of you know if it is possible to have that option being saved? I am quite confident there must be an .ini or something to edit?!

Quoting my own post above:

upload_2020-10-20_22-9-8.png

Now this is what I call a support. Love that guy.

shi
sorry. I couldn't solve the problem. However, when I looked at the Kunos Track, I found that DEPTH MODE was read-only. If you look at the Wiki, it says mesh can be occluded by others, but it itself would n’t occlude anything. To set DEPTH MODE to read-only, try the following.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_1]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = HOCK_RLINE
DEPTH_MODE = NOWRITE

Please no need to apologize. I am so grateful for your help. I will look at the wiki. I have no clue what's going on when it comes to any of these options. You are super helpful. Thank you. I will try this.

Is anyone currently working on a Phillip Island track mod? There are two available right now and they both have flaws, but I am thinking of sort of combining the best elements of both to build a good Phillip Island Circuit. I don't want to step on any toes so if anyone else is working on one, I'll hold off, but if not, I'll probably start on that after I'm done with Brno 1965.

Today I tried good old 650s gt3, and hmm....could someone explain this error? I went through lods in CM and they look fine, checked lods in 3dsimed and there are no textures for materials. :odd:
1.JPG

Last edited:
Is anyone currently working on a Phillip Island track mod? There are two available right now and they both have flaws, but I am thinking of sort of combining the best elements of both to build a good Phillip Island Circuit. I don't want to step on any toes so if anyone else is working on one, I'll hold off, but if not, I'll probably start on that after I'm done with Brno 1965.
@Zwiss has done some efforts (privately), but far from finished. Maybe you can contact him ? It would be great to have a decent Phillip Island...

Eagerly awaiting your Brno. And excellent choice yet again with Phillip Island. Like I would be picking tracks for you to work on. 👍 Hope your think that Sandown from terra21 needs to be updated next. :lol:

Last edited:
Eagerly awaiting your Brno. And excellent choice yet again with Phillip Island. Like I would be picking tracks for you to work on. 👍 Hope your think that Sandown from terra21 needs to be updated next. :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll look into Sandown! As for Brno, it would be good to temper expectations a little bit. It's huge and I'm reworking a bunch of textures, but there are soooo many that need work so it's taking time and there are major elements of the track that are always going to look like a conversion of an old track. I'm looking forward to being done with it :D

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll look into Sandown! As for Brno, it would be good to temper expectations a little bit. It's huge and I'm reworking a bunch of textures, but there are soooo many that need work so it's taking time and there are major elements of the track that are always going to look like a conversion of an old track. I'm looking forward to being done with it :D
I believe you about Brno. It is a very long track indeed and I gather tons of sidetrack objects. Yes, Sandown. It's an iconic track with a very nice layout. And Terra's version is actually very good. It just needs refreshing to modern standards. And some textures and billboards are awful. So out of place, it ruins the entire track (the arched bridge for example):

Last edited:
Interesting track but the textures and billboards could do with a complete overhaul.
I was going to start work on some tweaks but the only things editable when creating a track skin in CM are the trees and the people.
Is this a consequence of you joining all those objects together?

the textures of the main kn5 are not in the kn5 but in actk_24spavoort/skins/default

To all VR users here:

How do you set up your video settings?
I tried to used the PSVR with Driver4VR and iVRy and Kinect (for headtracking/movement), which worked, but nearly always needed to set it up correctly again. In CM I used the OpenVR mode, because Oculus Mode didn't worked.

Now I have a Quest 2 and will try to use the Wireless Mode (unfortunately I have no USB 3.0 cable to try Oculus Link and the official cable is way too expensive).
First try with Beat Saber and ALVR was playable/good :D
Any options to avoid or keep for VR? OpenVR or Oculus Mode? Is there even any difference in performance etc.? And how do you start the game/race? Through the VR menu or just as usual through CM?
My PC has a 8700k and 1060 6GB, therefore I want to stay with 72Hz.

Btw: Do we have a Corolla E12 TS mod anywhere?
IMO this car is pretty underrated and can't be found, only the BTCC version..

To all VR users here:

I tried to used the PSVR with Driver4VR and iVRy and Kinect (for headtracking/movement), which worked, but nearly always needed to set it up correctly again. In CM I used the OpenVR mode, because Oculus Mode didn't worked.

Now I have a Quest 2 and will try to use the Wireless Mode (unfortunately I have no USB 3.0 cable to try Oculus Link and the official cable is way too expensive).
Any options to avoid or keep for VR? OpenVR or Oculus Mode? Is there even any difference in performance etc.? And how do you start the game/race? Through the VR menu or just as usual through CM?

Your gpu isnt enough... you need at least 1070ti or better

To all VR users here:

Use OpenVR mode. Virtual Desktop is better suited for use with OpenVR. I start the game with CM. And I think a 1060 is good enough. My dad (I'm old, he's ooooooold) uses a Rift S with a 1060 in AC no problem.

Last edited:
Your gpu isnt enough... you need at least 1070ti or better
Well I could scale down some graphics settings. The 1060 isn't that bad and I can OC it a bit.
I don't play on max settings all the time so I am used to it, when the graphics are not perfect.
Use OpenVR mode. Virtual Desktop is better suited for use with OpenVR. I start the game with CM. And I think a 1060 is good enough. My dad (I'm old, he's ooooooold) uses a Rift S with a 1060 in AC no problem.
Then I should invest into Virtual Desktop and check, if my router plays along :D

Thanks to both of you

I had an idea but I don't know if it's possible or not. I would like to create a team radio with the engineer (like F1games, to ask the gap between you and the other cars) through voice assistants like Google Home and Amazon Alexa like a skill but I'm not sure about it. Maybe it's possible through other ways. Feel free to take this as a new challenge to make Assetto Corsa experience even more immersive.
Actually I haven't the skills to do it but maybe someone of you yes;)

You're about 5-years late to the party...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back