Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,800 comments
GTPlanet Modding Team Presents

View attachment 837583
Radical RXC Turbo GT3

We teased this thing a couple of months ago, so finally here it is.

After many, many hours of 3d work, thousands of test kilometres and endless tweaking and tuning, we are proud to release this unicorn of a race car.

To turn this track toy into a strong GT3 competitor, we gathered data, videos and photos to provide you with a realistic recreation of the little Brit based on the original model provided by Turn 10.

In the end we created a machine that will rival even the biggest brands on race tracks across the planet.

People working on the project
ACFAN
Apexxer
delpinsky
gladbecker82
TheDrummer
Wusel

We included a changelog and credits in the folder for more details.

i hope you enjoy driving it as much as we did making it.

https://bayfiles.com/l1scM1o8p9/GTP_TEAM_RADICAL_RXC_GT3_1.1_rar

please use this link if you want to share our mod. thank you and enjoy!
Download link updated.

Hi All,

I have an issue with some Japanese sprint road tracks (e.g.Mount Akina 2017, Otarumi or etc)... After I run a Hotlap or Practice lap my time doesn't get recorded by CM.. If someone has a solution I really appreciate it...

Thanks

Screenshot_aston_martin_vantage_gte_estoril_12-10-120-22-28-12.jpg

One hundred points to whoever solves this :D

Unpack the data.acd of the car using CM, then have a play with the data in the aero.ini. For basic aerodynamics, generally I copy the aero.ini and each wing .lut file from a well sorted car that's similar. Then use the CM showroom to position the body/wings. After that you can adjust the main aerodynamic properties simply by adjusting CL_GAIN and CD_GAIN in the aero.ini. CL_GAIN determines downforce or lack thereof, whereas CD_GAIN determines drag.

Download this track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/test-pad.10703/

It's very simple so loads quickly and if you've enabled Developer Apps, then you can open the Aerodynamic Debug app and run up and down the 9km straight. You'll then see the values generated by each part of the aerodynamics with regard to drag and downforce at various speeds. All you need to do then is fiddle about with the aero.ini until you get your desired result.

Thank You(^^ I actually started figuring it out myself as .ini. files often have descriptions of each line. I will experiment with Your guidelines. Cheers.

Just grabbed legions, where can i download yours?

Good question:

I have a question to the group here. I do not consider myself a modder. I have figured out a niche to scale and get physics to work for these baby's.

I am reusing cars that others have spent many more days creating, vs. me doing these miniturizations on.

As etiquette, would it be enough for me to give credit to the original car creator and post the miniatures, or is there some other protocol I need to follow? Also, one of these, and maybe a few others would be DRM cars which I bought and don't know if they would appreciate me sharing those purchased mini's to the group. Because I modified the Kn5 file, I cannot distribute just the files on those. I therefore think, I may need to use 'generic' replacements for those to not create issues with the mod companies.

Any guidance would be appreciated on this topic.

Last edited:
Last edited:
AGR
TKS! This track deserves more updates. Excluding the crowd would be interesting...
You can take a look into ..extension\ext_config.ini.slider or use this code:
Code:
[SPECTATORS]
MESHES = 3DPEOPLE?, spec?, spectator?, CROWD?,
MATERIALS = 3DPEOPLE?, spec?, spectator?, CROWD?,

And in CM "Track adjustments" > "Hide all spectators"

you changed material names to the ones you have?
yeah, I also added the custom_emissive.ini to the config and tried with another texture that´s already on the track; all textures are filled except for the emissive, shouldn´t that mask be made through the object inspector selection?

ms.PNG

Overall, excellent mod, especially the look of it. However, I would like a semi-slick tire option, it seems to have more over steer than I'd expect from a front-wheel drive car, and the tires seem to break loose, slip, and spin a little too easily. Maybe it's the street tires, maybe the physics need some tweaking.

You can set rear camber to lower values in setup to have less oversteer of this FWD car, which is indeed weird. Helped on my side.
Don't know if this realistic anyway.

upload_2020-11-12_23-14-42.png

I have a Porsche 926C, unfortunately I don't remember where it was from. But it has an absolutely fantastic sound! Unfortunately only in the car, the external sound is missing. My question: can someone create a suitable external sound, or can I help myself with CM? It would also go very well with a 70s F1 car.
Here the link:https://we.tl/t-EVyfoBaXCZ

is it possible to have the link of the Porsche 926C , the link no longer works , thanks

@TheRealCeeBee

Did a little test of Luccaring for you. I don't lose any FPS between the two versions and I don't notice much difference really. Maybe in some places the tarmac is a bit darker, and the colours seem less washed out - but of course this may just be the placebo effect kicking in. I tried to do comparison photos but ended up getting annoyed because I couldn't get the pics exactly the same so I gave up. So really it's up to you if you want to throw a few dollars to get the HD version and see for yourself.

Last edited:
Good question:

I have a question to the group here. I do not consider myself a modder. I have figured out a niche to scale and get physics to work for these baby's.

I am reusing cars that others have spent many more days creating, vs. me doing these miniturizations on.

As etiquette, would it be enough for me to give credit to the original car creator and post the miniatures, or is there some other protocol I need to follow? Also, one of these, and maybe a few others would be DRM cars which I bought and don't know if they would appreciate me sharing those purchased mini's to the group. Because I modified the Kn5 file, I cannot distribute just the files on those. I therefore think, I may need to use 'generic' replacements for those to not create issues with the mod companies.

Any guidance would be appreciated on this topic.
If I was you, with this project:
1. contact the authors, show or give them mod to try, ask for permission

You just might get full permission (even for the DRM)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back