Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,090 comments
@Beezer215 here has done some optimizing for this track, which makes it possible to race in a pack, wheras before I could barely hotlap it.
I can't remember if he has published it though, maybe you could ask him.
You may have me confused with someone else. I mostly only tinker with cars, not so much tracks.
Although I have managed to pull off some pretty serious grass configs. :lol:

Imagine deleting your accounts because another modder doesn't agree with your assessments.

I wager there is a bit more to it than that. Plenty of places available to share stuff anyway so if that is the choice he has made then I doubt it's because you 'won the internet' with your posts.

Over on discord the animosity towards GTplanet, this thread and some of the folks within it, was best left on discord IMO...

Not saying you and others aren't welcome, but its one thing to read negativity about a forum on another media outlet, but quite another to read about it on that very forum...

Having said all of that, i actually find it all quite laughable and am not offended by any of it in slightest.
And the PM i received about my breasts was a stand out (not from you in fairness, someone else who will remain nameless...)

Last edited:
Does this mean that anyone who has an iPhone 12 can scan their own cars and have an (almost) accurate model of it, enough to convert it to Assetto Corsa if possible?
Yes.

RMi_wood: We are so happy with your creation and modernization of the Alfa Romeo 33 T12. Do you think you could create for it and post a couple of "Cinzano" liveries and put whatever numbers you like on them? This would be soooo Italian. Ha ha!- but nicely fit it ! Looking forward to your final version. Hey...thanks very much !!!
Thank you for the compliments.
Unfortunately I am not an artist (I made the green skin by simple replace a color).

As I suspected I overlooked the twin turbo issue. So when you setup the engine with 2 turbos, say at 1bar boost each, then AC calculates the boost pressure a 1.0 bar x 2 = 2.0 bar total boost. You have to allow for this when setting the torque curve which with a turbocharged engine, is torque at the wheels with no boost. What I didn't allow for is you need to allow for this total boost in the engine damage parameter.

Please re download both the Peugeot 908 and Audi R10 here. Now complete with working windscreen wipers thanks to Flyingsaucer (credits updated)

https://mega.nz/file/raxGgLhR#b1uPrTDK6P3scXJZeZ_zABiWSJ78NPdcWAY5cPnvnoc

and the Audi:

https://mega.nz/file/6fowTBgK#eP17gHbCUvllk2JknwfHIk8aP1h3EgNJWG0XG2-A3Ho

Thank you for the fixes.

For those who may not have known. UnitedRacingDesign provided this free Mercedes CLR LM Car on their facebook page a couple years back. It's actually quite good. Try it out. http://www.mediafire.com/.../AC_urd_mercedes_clr_lm_0_95.rar

It's a bit older at this point but still drives well. I just loved the way these cars looked, even though they flipped on track and were quite dangerous.

24104770983_fc560b005d_c.jpg

Here is a quick fix for the left mirror. To paste in mirrors.ini (after unpacking data).

Code:
[MIRROR_0]
NAME=mirror_right

[MIRROR_1]
NAME=mirror_left

[MIRROR_2]
NAME=int_mirror

Last edited:
First post. Long time lurker of this thread. Love all the work the modders put in. It keeps Assetto Corsa enjoyable well after its release. I finally signed up because I have two issues and I was hoping someone here may be able to help. First, the VIR mod does not seem to work when I try to do any session in Content Manager. I installed it correctly and everything but I get an pop up message saying "Unexpected error" and when I click OK it takes me back to the Quick Drive screen in CM. So I'm pretty confused on that one. My 2nd "issue" is that when I do a session at Monza the grass, kerbs, banners, etc are all very greyed out. It looks as if the color has been de-saturated. I've attached a pic from Monza for reference. I don't know if this is a just seasonal thing (I am running Sol and the shaders patch) but it seems to have only just occured as we are now in winter and I didn't get this before. It doesn't kill the game for me but it's very off putting. This effect is replicated at Nordschleife as well but I don't get this effect at Silverstone or Spa, which is weird. I have tried changing PP filters but the effect remains the same. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• ACcolor.png
    ACcolor.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 36
First post. Long time lurker of this thread. Love all the work the modders put in. It keeps Assetto Corsa enjoyable well after its release. I finally signed up because I have two issues and I was hoping someone here may be able to help. First, the VIR mod does not seem to work when I try to do any session in Content Manager. I installed it correctly and everything but I get an pop up message saying "Unexpected error" and when I click OK it takes me back to the Quick Drive screen in CM. So I'm pretty confused on that one. My 2nd "issue" is that when I do a session at Monza the grass, kerbs, banners, etc are all very greyed out. It looks as if the color has been de-saturated. I've attached a pic from Monza for reference. I don't know if this is a just seasonal thing (I am running Sol and the shaders patch) but it seems to have only just occured as we are now in winter and I didn't get this before. It doesn't kill the game for me but it's very off putting. This effect is replicated at Nordschleife as well but I don't get this effect at Silverstone or Spa, which is weird. I have tried changing PP filters but the effect remains the same. Thank you in advance for your help.
As for the foliage being desaturated, that's due to WeatherFX's ability to switch around seasons and x4's fault by making the only difference between seasons be color.

You can either click the little three dots above the time slider and enable "Specific Date" to then move the calendar back to Summer, alternatively you could go under Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> WeatherFX and disable Seasonal Coloring / Seasonal Adjustments

As for your crash, try posting your most recent crash_report.zip from Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/ either here or in the Custom Shaders Patch Discord (https://discord.gg/SWryb5V) and I'll take a look at it.

Thank you for the help. Turning off seasonal adjustments did the trick. Tracks look great again, no more greyish tone. I guess that should have been an obvious solution for me to try haha but it's good now. Now if I can just get VIR working. Been driving me nuts last couple days trying to load it.

re: Seasonal changes

Converting Imola spanned several weeks, covering the end of summer, the beginning of fall and into winter. A few days into November I noticed heavy performance losses, but made no connection...
Seasonal adjustments were off.

As I need to test the track in many conditions, I clicked the live weather controller back 1 month and instantly performance returned. Verifying this it seems Nov-March cause several issues (Sol 1.7).

People my wish to verify, but there are now alot of reports about colors and performance issues since "winter" has begun.

P.S: June seems to be the performance sweet spot (month?)

Last edited:
re: Seasonal changes

Converting Imola spanned several weeks, covering the end of summer, the beginning of fall and into winter. A few days into November I noticed heavy performance losses, but made no connection...
Seasonal adjustments were off.

As I need to test the track in many conditions, I clicked the live weather controller back 1 month and instantly performance returned. Verifying this it seems Nov-March cause several issues (Sol 1.7).

People my wish to verify, but there are now alot of reports about colors and performance issues since "winter" has begun.
Seasonal Adjustments don't impact performance in any meaningful way. It's a simple color mask that is applied once in the game's memory and that's it.

Really? They were selling a conversion from RF in this state? Overlapped textures, big holes in the track :banghead:
Thanks you this is how mine looks from auto download config

View attachment 974098

If I get the time I will look into it but life issues give me a lot less time at pc now, take care!

Never loved too much this Sepang version, with its low-res, angled, turns.... and the cartoonish palms at side track.
maybe the other version, from 2014 on RD is a better base to do something good.....

a few long time modders and contributors are now gone in the last few days.
A few have popped up in other places, I am working with some to port AC tracks to Rf2 at the moment, as that engine is still being actively being developed and already has better physics/ffb, working rain physics, damage model etc etc seems the way to spend my energy moving forward.

(modding for rf2 is damn painful, before you ask...)

Last edited:
Seasonal Adjustments don't impact performance in any meaningful way. It's a simple color mask that is applied once in the game's memory and that's it.
Its nice of you to say that, but nonetheless... this is a verified issue at all hours and positions on track.

@Rusty_Chest you dont know me well, yet. But I do not make unsubstantiated claims like this without absolute certainty (and lots of back to back testing). You might want to take note of that prior to any quick and frivolous critique, thank you

Last edited:
A few have popped up in other places, I am working with some to port AC tracks to Rf2 at the moment, as that engine is still being actively being developed and already has better physics/ffb, seems the way to spend my energy moving forward.

(modding for rf2 is damn painful, before you ask...)

Sadly RF2 is next to impossible to enjoy, so I really hope this isn't the case. I'm somewhat okay with the PS2 level graphics (although obviously it is difficult to look at after playing modded AC/ACC/PC2), and I love the FFB, but that UI is absolutely atrocious, and the lack of street cars makes the game one of my last choices to play. If we're going to put our efforts in elsewhere, I'd say the best choice is AMS2. PC2 was cracked and modded, surely AMS2 can be.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back