Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,022 comments
Circuit Croix En Ternois 2017 v1.2 (RF2 to AC)
Original version: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/croix-en-ternois-2017.17308/
Conversion by ACTK
Download: http://www.assetto-fr.tk/
Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_croixenternois2017_3-7-120-2-0-35.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_croixenternois2017_3-7-120-2-0-23.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_croixenternois2017_3-7-120-2-0-6.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_croixenternois2017_3-7-120-1-59-57.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_croixenternois2017_3-7-120-1-59-48.jpg
ACTK Circuit Croix En Ternois 2017 v1.2 (CSP required)
Download: http://www.assetto-fr.tk/ in public section
Update Tarmac
Update VAO

Its nice of you to say that, but nonetheless... this is a verified issue at all hours and positions on track.

@Rusty_Chest you dont know me well, yet. But I do not make unsubstantiated claims like this without absolute certainty (and lots of back to back testing). You might want to take note of that prior to any quick and frivolous critique, thank you
If this is the case then I'd like to see your backing of these claims, I'd like to see a comparison of Seasonal Adjustments on vs off with the Render Stats App open. I'm not interested in bickering with you I'm interested in furthering patch development if there really is an issue.

A few have popped up in other places, I am working with some to port AC tracks to Rf2 at the moment, as that engine is still being actively being developed and already has better physics/ffb, working rain physics, damage model etc etc seems the way to spend my energy moving forward.

(modding for rf2 is damn painful, before you ask...)
Better physics? So you have telemetry plots to post that indicate rF2 being able to produce correlation nowadays?

Seeing a bit of a trend of people who don't dev physics talking about the meta of making physics, but I haven't looked at rF2 in some time so maybe they made a miracle.

Hi guys. Modding question:
working on proper WTCC 07-08 pack. Missing one car - Lada 110 WTCC.
Have found this model for GTR2 as well. Made conversion into 3dmax.
But when i export it to FBX, it doesnot open in ksEditor. (it's working with other 3d models, but this one has issue).
i guess it is some sort of encrypted.
Who had same situation and solved it?
ya3AvSOATxc.jpg

Sorry friends, but if you come to this forum and just blatantly say that everything here is trash and expect everyone to like you after, that's not how things work usually.

If I roll up to a restaurant and say that everything on the menu is garbage to his face, that owner probably won't ever want me back in his restaurant. It's understandable people here are upset.

Well anyways, in the grand scheme of things worrying over other people's opinions are pretty useless. What matters is what you (the reader of this post) like, but if there is something of someone else's that you don't like, constructive criticism goes way further than just saying everything is hot trash. Telling people what your problem is and working together to fix it seems to work well for this thread at least. That's how the Genesis GT4 got all the way to where it is now.

Last edited:
Sometimes, sometimes I truly wish Kunos would release an update that'd break any and all mods for AC. No more 'I know more than you' attitude, no more 'your mods handle like **** according to me, the guy who's never driven a real car', nothing. All those little ***** all high on their own farts would crawl back to their mums basement. A day to remember that. I sound like a broken record but my god the modding community has come to absolute **** the last couple of years ; hell I'd even say the last 5 years. Never encountered such toxic attitude during the GTR2 / Race07 / rFactor 'glory' days. Guess all the adults have either moved on or aren't interested anymore and all we have left are kids on a power trip. Get a grip.

Hey, at least there is a pipeline to compare to so you can objectively claim that some track or car 3D are more or less compatible with the "standard" way which is considered a sensible way which should not be deviated from without good reason. You can't easily argue with that. Say what you want about rusty or his attitude, but mods which do most things wrong can easily be argued to be 'bad'. Regardless of if they bring enjoyment to their users or not.

For physics it's a bit more difficult. A lot of people don't want to look at numbers or don't think they're important, or even understand how to look at them or what to compare them to, so with quite a large number of people it comes down to subjective feelings. The emphasis on feelings is overstated in my opinion, and anyone who becomes proficient will likely also shift towards such a view. One would think it is obvious what the appropriate ways to approach a relatively complex simulation package are, but they are not evident apparently.

It doesn't help that there isn't really an unified physics resource with easy to understand information, and even if there was, it would be argued forever and ever because most things just are not so clear cut. The author would need to be very careful on what they post in there unless it's literally just a repository of reasonably accurate data from real cars, which would be unreadable to 99%+ of users.

Like I said earlier, I'm happy to talk general physics (Arch#0819) or give (quick and easy :P) advice to people who want to learn, or to discuss views, but sadly the view of the more vocal people is something ranging from complete trust and weird idolization despite having no understanding of the subject, or just senseless dismissal despite having no understanding of the subject.

I don't think we're at a good point when for the physics it matters more who made it than what the content of it is.

@ParanoidDoge

You have a lot of posts so I don't think you're a troll, but you do realize that guy has like two posts? Unless you know who he is already, I'm not sure you know his experience with motorsports or simulation.

Either way I'd like you to explain exactly what one does receive out of driving the exact car they're making. In what specific way does it aid in creating physics, and why is it important enough to be necessary and the deciding factor. You seem to be an expert in simulation development because you speak so confidently, so you should also have a well thought out answer. I can answer with my views and experiences after you, if you want.

Do you remember this version of Circuit de la Sarthe?
View attachment 974272
View attachment 974273

It's amazing what an extension config file can do when using CM and CSP. Just to play around and learn a few things.
By no means is it a patch on the other two excellent renditions but the difference is amazing and there is so much more that can be done without editing the kn5 file.

View attachment 974274

View attachment 974275

View attachment 974276
Those light cones look a little sharp
Try appending
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0 underneath the light series for them
If you need any sort of help with this I'm happy to instruct you over on Discord, I have a feeling my account won't hold out here for much longer https://discord.gg/vMSBtfXstT this is an invite to the shaders patch Discord, if you're already there then just feel free to @ me.

Do you remember this version of Circuit de la Sarthe?
View attachment 974272
View attachment 974273

It's amazing what an extension config file can do when using CM and CSP. Just to play around and learn a few things.
By no means is it a patch on the other two excellent renditions but the difference is amazing and there is so much more that can be done without editing the kn5 file.

View attachment 974274

View attachment 974275

View attachment 974276
Other two renditions? Would you have a link to either of these? I must have missed at least one of them, I only seem to have the fm one.

I doubted (and still do) if my contribution with this post adds something to the recent "debates". Otherwise just skip this.

I always liked the attitude of this thread about AC mods and there was room for pros and cons in a civil way of communicating. Over the past months it seems (in my humble opinion) that the tone of the voice has been changed? It's up to the moderator(s) Daan & Co to judge on this.

In general to whom it concerns:

71SCMIRwWiL._AC_SX466_.jpg

re: Kunos pipeline

I will agree that mods "should" try to follow the recommended pipeline way of doing things.

However... the pipeline itself is for scratch built cars and tracks. When doing conversions there is not much you can do other than try to apply elements as much per "pipeline", but is really quite impossible with a conversion.

note: 99.9% of content discussed on GTP is conversions and not scratch.

Last edited:
My offer to get lectured at is still up. Apparently quite a few skilled physics people in here who surely have good stuff to say. Public discussion also helps the normal user gain a better understanding of sim physics.

JakuB posted some feedback which delighted me even if I don't fully agree with the reasoning (Although perhaps the symptom is truthful, I still need to figure out the tender spring activation) but everyone else has mostly ignored my invitations every time I post here. For whatever reason when I ask for reasoning, everyone dips.

Now's your chance to argue why exactly I'm unskilled and a hack and why I should listen to you and stop making physics, but it just stops after some ad hominem. A bit of a joykill. :P

I think the goal here is to make low-quality, so called "lazy" converts with the minimum of modeling or texture creation, but to have a lot of them for a wealth of content.

I personally don't get the point; better to do one thing well than 5 badly in a product like this, but I digress. It's an approach thing.

Has the Lamborghini Huracán EVO has been release I'm in middle of update my British GT3 lambo skins to the evo version. I trying to get done by end of these weekend but not promising anything.

LWfCCC5.jpg

Not only has the RSS Huracan GT3 Evo/Lanzo V10 GTM been released, it's free to all players who have purchased RSS' BMW M6 GT3/Bayro 6 GTM before; just use your original Sellfy link from when you purchased the RSS Bayro 6 and the Lanzo V10 will be available to download right away.

However... the pipeline itself is for scratch built cars and tracks. When doing conversions there is not much you can do other than try to apply elements as much per "pipeline", but is really quite impossible with a conversion.

Gonna say it again because the moderators took the liberty to remove a message that had no offensive content whatsoever.

That's just incorrect, you can apply everything from the pipeline and CSP features to a conversion. It doesn't really matter where the model comes from considering the process is the same.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back