Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,825 comments
it should do it on all tracks right?
how do i solve?
change the date
upload_2020-11-25_13-20-30.png

Hello everyone!
Do any of you have the 3D model of an inline 6 engine, like a 2JZ or something similar to share?
I am working on a 6 cylinder miata ND. I will share it here when finished.
Thank you!

I think imagination is the key. To me sim racing is all about the illusion that lets us pretend (let's be honest) that we're driving race cars. Take a single race car. Through it's life it changes through constant modification and wear. It's foolish to think that any simulated car is exactly right for all the possible states of that car.

I appreciate your comments on the ERAs. My impressionistic approach makes me like the Velo car more because of the stronger FFB which lets me feel more like a tough dare devil 1930's racer than the more dainty Legion version.

The insanely low grip of many of the vintage cars does bother me. I haven't driven a race car, but I have driven for decades in snow and ice. Some of the older sim cars have as little grip as a real RWD car in the worst slick ice conditions even when they're on a dry track.

You might find this interesting. I know this is not meant to be a video thread, but I think this one gives insight into two great AC mods, the ERA and Goodwood. The video of Jackie Stewart lapping in his BRM P261 50 years after setting a joint lap record with Jim Clark is also well worth checking out.

The handling of the ERA is quite well demonstrated visually in this clip. You can see quite a bit of the steering inputs and the way the car reacts. I recognise the little flick turning into Fordwater very well.

For reference here are the 2020 lap and sector lap times in qualifying and in the race. The speeds are the same or better than what they were getting back in the day:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=GOODWOOD/2020/204266gwt.pdf

This one's incredible as well - the whole race and what a field!

Last edited:
You might find this interesting. I know this is not meant to be a video thread, but I think this one gives insight into two great AC mods, the ERA and Goodwood. The video of Jackie Stewart lapping in his BRM P261 50 years after setting a joint lap record with Jim Clark is also well worth checking out.

The handling of the ERA is quite well demonstrated visually in this clip. You can see quite a bit of the steering inputs and the way the car reacts. I recognise the little flick turning into Fairwater very well.

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-...ee-way-pre-war-grand-prix-battle-for-victory/

Great video! When you see these vintage racers on video, one can really appreciate how brave these drivers were. Damn machines look like they can't decide whether to: (1) make the turn, (2) flip over, or (3) fly apart. From my fictional experience in AC trying to control one of these things, I usually get option 2 leading to option 3. :lol:

Last edited:
Yea I guess they wasn't meant to last. :odd:

Is Jakub really gone? After all the praise he has got he took off after the recent quarrel?
I wouldn't even call it a quarrel, such discussions are not exactly uncommon. I just personally didn't fully agree with the assessment and I know for a fact the reasoning he gave was not factual. But in the end I do consider it and will look into it later.

If it was due to hatemail or whatever, then I don't know. But the discussion was civil.

Other news:
Put everything in a game...
"The latest generation of iPhones has a built-in front-facing LiDAR sensor. LiDAR allows point-and-shoot 3D capture, and bringing it to the iPhone means that literally anyone can have a 3D scanner in their pocket."

https://sketchfab.com/blogs/community/3d-scanning-with-the-iphone-12-pro-lidar
Does this mean that anyone who has an iPhone 12 can scan their own cars and have an (almost) accurate model of it, enough to convert it to Assetto Corsa if possible?

Does anyone have a good baku mod? I have baku 2019 but that one has fps issues when racing with a full grid
@Beezer215 here has done some optimizing for this track, which makes it possible to race in a pack, wheras before I could barely hotlap it.
I can't remember if he has published it though, maybe you could ask him.

As I suspected I overlooked the twin turbo issue. So when you setup the engine with 2 turbos, say at 1bar boost each, then AC calculates the boost pressure a 1.0 bar x 2 = 2.0 bar total boost. You have to allow for this when setting the torque curve which with a turbocharged engine, is torque at the wheels with no boost. What I didn't allow for is you need to allow for this total boost in the engine damage parameter.

Please re download both the Peugeot 908 and Audi R10 here. Now complete with working windscreen wipers thanks to Flyingsaucer (credits updated)

https://mega.nz/file/raxGgLhR#b1uPrTDK6P3scXJZeZ_zABiWSJ78NPdcWAY5cPnvnoc

and the Audi:

https://mega.nz/file/6fowTBgK#eP17gHbCUvllk2JknwfHIk8aP1h3EgNJWG0XG2-A3Ho

Peugeot updated in PM and for everyone

https://mega.nz/file/xdN2wDZY#02d7vBxLPvZcKsyQf6YwrO8Z6WtzBEYrRBiPqJYjmdw

Last edited:
RMi_wood: We are so happy with your creation and modernization of the Alfa Romeo 33 T12. Do you think you could create for it and post a couple of "Cinzano" liveries and put whatever numbers you like on them? This would be soooo Italian. Ha ha!- but nicely fit it ! Looking forward to your final version. Hey...thanks very much !!!

Alright, maybe some modder wish to take care of this. On both situations, the author is unknow and I don't remember where I've got it, or if was passed for me.

View attachment 973918
Ford Mustang Cobra

The aim target: Setting the handling (car was made for drag) and lower the power and torque.
If the modder want to make more changes, they are welcome.

View attachment 973919
Mercedes-Benz A200 Turbo

The main target: Optimization. As it is, is quite difficult to drive due to a huge frames drop.
If the modder want to make more changes, they are welcome.

If someone is interest in this task, please PM me and I will send the files by DHL or by messenger-pigion.
Only thing I ask is a version shared at GTP.

Call me.:cheers:
Cheers

Without meaning to ruin the party, if anyone wants to try their hand at the Mercedes, it can be found on the comments of this YT video (stock version + drift + F1 tuned):

Really?

seems we have lost a few good members due to BS politics, virtue signalling and "cancel culture".

Attention to long standing members, please read between the lines of some of the newer "members" here.

its really sad.

Right now I could say so many things... You (all) know, after what happened to me in the last 3 years, made me see and interpretate life from another perpective.

I remember once said here, 'in this community are human beings, the same as IRL, therefore we can expect all the flaws and defect from them'.
Something like this.

Since the beggining I warned that I was a no modder and a PC noob. Never could bring cars and tracks to the community.
What I could bring was sharing my stuff and news, help in my limited knowledge and a bit of humour (even in my condition).

Damn, this community suffer from big lack of humour, tbh.:)

About the helping spirit. Some (not all) members only help their friends. Period. As IRL again.

Concerning my previous post of the two cars need work. I apologize for that, I thought it would be cool working on cars that are not 10 already in game. Will delete it.

Stay safe all,
Cheers

Last edited:
[UPDATE] Pack Porsche Cup V0.1 By Shokeus Act80's

All : News Shader properties / new descriptions

944 (V1.02) : New name file
964 (V0.53) : Correction fuel tank position / news steer ratio (FileMissing) / News Skins (Koldo83)
996 (V0.3) : Correction fuel tank position
997 (V0.3) : New Rims

Link : https://mega.nz/file/hM5jGSSZ#lKchcuPzvq4VTKjHn0FmVIoxdnQnxRNpFidYIYVEb8k

1605553260-custom-showroom-1605533693.jpg

Enjoy !

964 (V0.53) : Correction fuel tank position / news steer ratio (FileMissing) / News Skins (Koldo83)

Link : https://mega.nz/file/hM5jGSSZ#lKchcuPzvq4VTKjHn0FmVIoxdnQnxRNpFidYIYVEb8k

Enjoy !

That's what I get when I load the the 964_body.gmt file
View attachment 974082

Enjoy !

Hi

Do you have a version without the missing pats of the front fenders of this wonderfully made car, please?

best regards
Karl

upload_2020-11-25_15-45-30.png

Could you by any change do the same magic for acu's Sepang? I believe the grass there has same shader-related (?) issues and I haven't been able to fix it myself. Grass won't grow on some materials and where it grows, it looks weird...
Thanks you this is how mine looks from auto download config

upload_2020-11-25_14-45-7.png

If I get the time I will look into it but life issues give me a lot less time at pc now, take care!

keep-calm-and-carry-on.jpg

In light of recent comments, let's consider that we are almost reaching 2000 pages in this thread, mostly sharing links and tips, with the emphasis on sharing. Some are brilliant modders, some are not so brilliant, some are not even modders, just mod addicts. All are welcome as long as they stay civil and stick to the very few rules from GT Planet.
Since English is not everyone native language, let's be tolerant ( to a point) if some sound rougher than other, but if what they communicate is helping,
This group, with some just arriving and some leaving, overall demonstrate a lot of good will and we should feel proud and privileged to be part of it.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "__ EASY__, Beitrag: 13291457, Mitglied: 308403"] ACTK 67 Machwerk v1.1 (CSP erforderlich)
Download: http://www.assetto-fr.tk/ im öffentlichen Bereich
Asphalt aktualisieren
VAO aktualisieren [/ QUOTE]
Hey EINFACH; Nach Spenden an das Bruno32600-Konto wurde der automatische Download abgebrochen und es gab kein Piddy. Ist es bei Assetto.fr wieder dasselbe? Thank You

Thanks you this is how mine looks from auto download config

If I get the time I will look into it but life issues give me a lot less time at pc now, take care!

This is how it looks to me in overcast:

upload_2020-11-25_17-35-14.jpeg

To me it seems that the shadow-contrast on grass is way too big, grass becomes way too dark. And external grass material is somehow different to internal grass. Grass won't spawn on it no matter what. I can't seem to fix these issues, so if you ever have the time, I would really appreciate if you would look into it. :) This is way too nice track to be left looking like this.

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-25_17-30-47.jpeg
    upload_2020-11-25_17-30-47.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back