Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Sadly RF2 is next to impossible to enjoy, so I really hope this isn't the case. I'm somewhat okay with the PS2 level graphics (although obviously it is difficult to look at after playing modded AC/ACC/PC2), and I love the FFB, but that UI is absolutely atrocious, and the lack of street cars makes the game one of my last choices to play. If we're going to put our efforts in elsewhere, I'd say the best choice is AMS2. PC2 was cracked and modded, surely AMS2 can be.

Its a love/hate thing, hate getting to the race, love it once i am in. In the last year or so the updates whle being slow have made qualitative improvements, the newer tracks are on par or even better in some instances (drive the scratch made Willow Springs in AC, then drive its conversion in RF2, just everything including graphics are better in RF2) and if I had pick an engine to spend a few hours in the rig with to get my groove on, its currently in this order RF2>>AMS2>>ACC>>AC.

Several issues with the AC mods like inconsistencies on how mods were built to match which version of CM/CSP or reliance to turn on or off features in CM/CSP to get some track/car combos to even work (like the merge meshes bug) do make it frustrating, and I think like everyone else, there is a growing nervousness about when that one update will come that will kill all the mods in a single move with AC.. no doubt just prior to release of a kunos or 505 release of AC2 etc.

If S397 gave the game a user configurable filter engine it would completely rock, its the most "missing" thing in it right now to bring it to modern levels. ;) I have been quite loudly suggesting they hire Ilja.. so far no luck ;)

Last edited:
seems we have lost a few good members due to BS politics, virtue signalling and "cancel culture".

Attention to long standing members, please read between the lines of some of the newer "members" here.

its really sad.

That's how a couple of interesting people passed away...
For me Mike, who was modifying cars that were forgotten, and Jakub with his reissues, come judging by his last statement, which he also removed, takes a long break.... who knows what's going on at Mike's?

Its nice of you to say that, but nonetheless... this is a verified issue at all hours and positions on track.

@Rusty_Chest you dont know me well, yet. But I do not make unsubstantiated claims like this without absolute certainty (and lots of back to back testing). You might want to take note of that prior to any quick and frivolous critique, thank you

So I saw at the Racedepartment, this guy must really be an as.....le .....

It is a real shame that the atmosphere here has been so spoiled by these few people....

Not given it a go yet, seems I got it at the right price

Everything except free was not a right price to me. There's a tons of DDS to remove from the main folder, there's the texture folder to remove (over 500mb of useless stuff), there's some fbx stuff and rFactor stuff in the folder which are of course useless.

I'm trying, as i did for other tracks to improve, but hell... It requires an update in 3D terms, i don't know even if it possibile to fix everything without working in 3D space with blender, 3DSmax and so on in order to fix it :-/

Hi guys, I've updated to CSP 0.1.60 and Sol 1.6.2 and now I have blue-ish tinted reflections as seen below and I haven't changed any settings. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Its a love/hate thing, hate getting to the race, love it once i am in. In the last year or so the updates whle being slow have made qualitative improvements, the newer tracks are on par or even better in some instances (drive the scratch made Willow Springs in AC, then drive its conversion in RF2, just everything including graphics are better in RF2) and if I had pick an engine to spend a few hours in the rig with to get my groove on, its currently in this order RF2>>AMS2>>ACC>>AC.

Several issues with the AC mods like inconsistencies on how mods were built to match which version of CM/CSP or reliance to turn on or off features in CM/CSP to get some track/car combos to even work (like the merge meshes bug) do make it frustrating, and I think like everyone else, there is a growing nervousness about when that one update will come that will kill all the mods in a single move with AC.. no doubt just prior to release of a kunos or 505 release of AC2 etc.

I'm assuming you meant to say excluding graphics, not including - that would be the first time I've ever seen anyone say RF2 is a good looking game haha. My order of sims would be AC > AMS2 > Dirt Rally 2.0 > ACC > RF2 > RaceRoom, but this says more about my taste in cars than it does about the games physics engines. I'd take RF2's FFB over all of them, followed closely by AMS2, but no game can match the quality of street cars found in AC.

I honestly don't think it would be possible for Kunos to disable mods at this point, you can simply stop a game from updating in Steam and use an older version. Realistically we're probably never getting an expansion to AC, or even getting AC2, when ACC has shown that people will spend even more money on single class games. If we do ever get AC2, it'll be a fully closed off game similar to ACC and we'll be back to square one again.

But, with all this said, if the modding community was to move to RF2, and create a Content Manager style launcher for RF2 + replacement HUD's + street car mods + Graphics improvements - I'd be happy to switch. But that all seems like a ridiculous amount of work when AMS2 is so good out of the box, and all of that work would have been wasted if AMS2 was suddenly cracked open - not to mention AC itself feels great still, even if it's not the best.

Really?

Concerning my previous post of the two cars need work. I apologize for that, I thought it would be cool working on cars that are not 10 already in game. Will delete it.

That was your mistake, you should have presented the 15th variant of a BMW M4, or another generic GT3 car with a bonus aero flap and you'd have been inundated with helpful offers!

I've actually reworked the exterior of that Ford Cobra a few weeks ago, it was not pleasant, probably one of the most frustrating mods to correct in my list so far. Thing is I'm working from a set plan, one by one correcting vehicle exteriors, after that it'll be physics and then final in game adjustments and bopping, unfortunately that means most of my work to date is currently useless and will be for probably around the next 18 months. If anyone is still here at that point, well I'll then have probably over a thousand reworked cars to release.

I'm assuming you meant to say excluding graphics, not including - that would be the first time I've ever seen anyone say RF2 is a good looking game haha. My order of sims would be AC > AMS2 > Dirt Rally 2.0 > ACC > RF2 > RaceRoom, but this says more about my taste in cars than it does about the games physics engines. I'd take RF2's FFB over all of them, followed closely by AMS2, but no game can match the quality of street cars found in AC.

I honestly don't think it would be possible for Kunos to disable mods at this point, you can simply stop a game from updating in Steam and use an older version. Realistically we're probably never getting an expansion to AC, or even getting AC2, when ACC has shown that people will spend even more money on single class games. If we do ever get AC2, it'll be a fully closed off game similar to ACC and we'll be back to square one again.

But, with all this said, if the modding community was to move to RF2, and create a Content Manager style launcher for RF2 + replacement HUD's + street car mods + Graphics improvements - I'd be happy to switch. But that all seems like a ridiculous amount of work when AMS2 is so good out of the box, and all of that work would have been wasted if AMS2 was suddenly cracked open - not to mention AC itself feels great still, even if it's not the best.

I think the factor that is easily overlooked in all these scenarios is what you hope to get from a game, remembering all of these are trying to simulate 10-20% of what racing an actual car feels like, the critical things that make racing fun, acceleration, gforce, fear of death, are all missing, (ex: I was gifted a super V8 trackday at eastern creek, and went to it with the goal of trying to determine which V8 felt the most real, AMS2, RF2, AC, and the minute i hit the first corner I realised all of these things are what they, just game, none of them felt anything like the real thing). So, that in mind what we are all chasing is which one has better choice of cars that dont feel anything like the real cars, or the graphics, or in my case a general state of immersion from combinations of these thing. On the graphics side the point becomes mute if you play these games to race, at 250+ grassFX doesnt mean a thing, spectators dont mean a thing, getting your car around that track faster than everyone else becomes everything. Its nice if it can look nice too, but it does become a lesser concern.

I was gifted a super V8 trackday at eastern creek, and went to it with the goal of trying to determine which V8 felt the most real, AMS2, RF2, AC, and the minute i hit the first corner I realised all of these things are what they, just game, none of them felt anything like the real thing

Thank you for those words of wisdom. This should be the first thing any one starting enjoying SIM/racing game should read on any forum.

Paul at RD said exactly the same after going on a track, the Nordshleife no less, and realize we are million miles away sitting behind our fancy wheels in our house, taking it way too seriously.
Choose a favorite, enjoy them all, but please let the bickering stop. We should enjoy the pretend but should not start believing in our own b*ulls*hit.
The next who write that game a or game b feels just like the real thing is just demonstrating how totally clueless he truly his.

So again thank you for those wise words.

Last edited:
Has the Lamborghini Huracán EVO has been release I'm in middle of update my British GT3 lambo skins to the evo version. I trying to get done by end of these weekend but not promising anything.

LWfCCC5.jpg

I'm only now catching up on all the other content released this week, and what a week it has been!

First off,
I could think of nothing better than to relocate the Sega Touring Car Championship Arcade Action over to the fantastic @Jimlloyd Mont Tremblant updated by the GTP Reboot Team ready for the weekend.

So I have added this to the server rotation for everyone to enjoy.
Capture.PNG

It's insane fun, in a world that can feel a little too serious sometimes! ;)

Next up,
After the next arcade remake (GRiD/NFS) will be a GTPlanet Mod Team Special this will consist of GTP Mod Team Cars and GTP Reboot Team Tracks only!

The server is there for all to use.
It can host anything you want, for you to play whenever you want, with whoever you want, for free!

Its also currently hosting:
Daytona USA: (every 2 hours)
Capture2.PNG

This month/weeks hot-lap challenge: (Every 2 hours)
Capture3.PNG

The server is here:
http://5.226.139.13:8772/live-timing
Just click join and it will open in CM and the password as always is error

If you are having any issues with the server, don't have the content required or want to join myself and @flyingsaucer in some weekly hot-lap challenges jump over to the discord.
https://discord.gg/R2Ghdhe

If anyone would like anything added to the server, classic F1, @RMi_wood Alfa Romeo 33TT12 Spider or Legions new Dirt tracks etc let me know and I'll get it added, the server is there for all of the GTP community to use freely! 👍

Last edited:
I've tried to fix Mondello Park, but for the moment i gave up. It's a mess. multiple version of the track in different kn5, instead of "stuff" for the various layout. I think it will be more effective a complete scratch conversion, but i don't know who made it for rFactor2 in order to ask the permission and overall i don't really have time for this kind of huge work.

So bad because its a good track but no way in this conditions, at least for me :-/

I would love to provide you anyway a ext_config updated, but in order to try to update the track i've removed stuff from the kn5, from models.ini and so on, so it requires a complete upload of the track :-/

I'm assuming you meant to say excluding graphics, not including - that would be the first time I've ever seen anyone say RF2 is a good looking game haha.
Lighting is a really strong point in rf2 visuals and, with the goals that the graphics team have reached this year, quite a few people have been saying it´s a good looking game now. Sadly the visual quality varies across 1st and 3rd party content because reasons...

But, with all this said, if the modding community was to move to RF2, and create a Content Manager style launcher for RF2 + replacement HUD's + street car mods + Graphics improvements - I'd be happy to switch.

You can do your own HUD, though not with the flexibility of ACs apps. I think the modding comunity hasn´t really steeped over to rf2 cause AC is still rewarding to drive and just a lot more simple to work with. And you don´t need to consider investing on 3dsmax. Personally I´m happy to learn all the 3d stuff with blender and AC for now...

I'm only now catching up on all the other content released this week, and what a week it has been!

First off,
I could think of nothing better than to relocate the Sega Touring Car Championship Arcade Action over to the fantastic @Jimlloyd Mont Tremblant updated by the GTP Reboot Team ready for the weekend.

So I have added this to the server rotation for everyone to enjoy.
View attachment 974185

It's insane fun, in a world that can feel a little too serious sometimes! ;)

Next up,
After the next arcade remake (GRiD/NFS) will be a GTPlanet Mod Team Special this will consist of GTP Mod Team Cars and GTP Reboot Team Tracks only!

The server is there for all to use.
It can host anything you want, for you to play whenever you want, with whoever you want, for free!

Its also currently hosting:
Daytona USA: (every 2 hours)
View attachment 974195

This month/weeks hot-lap challenge: (Every 2 hours)
View attachment 974196
The server is here:
http://5.226.139.13:8772/live-timing
Just click join and it will open in CM and the password as always is error

If you are having any issues with the server, don't have the content required or want to join myself and @flyingsaucer in some weekly hot-lap challenges jump over to the discord.
https://discord.gg/R2Ghdhe

If anyone would like anything added to the server, classic F1, @RMi_wood Alfa Romeo 33TT12 Spider or Legions new Dirt tracks etc let me know and I'll get it added, the server is there for all of the GTP community to use freely! 👍

Great stuff you guys

Anyone else getting these misaligned shadows on Kunos Silverstone 1967 grandstands?

They seem to be selectable with object viewer, named material "Shadows" and are visable any weather or time of day while in game racing and in free camera.

Working on a new Rain/Grass FX config and I don't think I had these the other day when I last raced on the track about a week ago. Its driving me mad as I got no clue why they have appeared, might just be something really simple and stupid my end?

Or failing any of that is there a quick way I can hide or remove this with a edit?

20201125230453_1.jpg

Screenshot_legion_ferrari_312_68_ks_silverstone1967_24-10-120-23-39-57.jpg

Last edited:
My German friend Alz Heimer probably... :D Excuse the confusion...
It was @norms who optimized Baku so that it became possible to race...
I have a question for you though seeing as you are the track master of knowledge.
Has johnr777 built any other tracks outside of Mosport 2020 that you know of? That track is top tier.

I have a question for you though seeing as you are the track master of knowledge.
Has johnr777 built any other tracks outside of Mosport 2020 that you know of? That track is top tier.
I am far from that (but I have a quite extensive track folder :D).
Afaik Mosport is JohnR777's only track...

Which one of these Peugeot 908's is the latest one? I see "peugeot908_hdi_LMP1" and "peugeot908_hdi_LMP1_v2a". Second one sounds newer, but the other one has more recent dates on some of the files.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back