Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,074 comments
Change of plans, im going to be releasing the pack here, its not going on racedepartment and i have my reasons why. Enjoy!:)

Hell yeah mate. Great work (as usual) !
There's a Bitter GT1 for GTR2 (model doesn't look too bad), idk I'll try to port it someday (if I can, I'm **** at that) :

stiY0uM.png

g38xyNG.png

Yo guys!

I'm working on fictional Brazilian Porsche Cup with some brazilian sponsors. Something more like national Stock Car grid.

Very nice to race on brazilian tracks like Curitiba, Goiania, Brasilia and Interlagos.

View attachment 975908 View attachment 975909 View attachment 975910 View attachment 975911 View attachment 975912

Perfect! Do you happen to have a friend who has converted the Tarumã-RS track from the game Automobilista to Assetto Corsa? I've downloaded almost all of them, but they forgot about Tarumã. Thank you very much in advance.

Cams for Winton Track (both layouts) and sidelines for National which can be found at Legion's blog.
Have Fun

Thanks also for your camera-work... 👍

FYI, download-content (unintentionally) contains foot-print file (window-feature, generally hidden)...

upload_2020-12-4_10-12-40.png

Periodical Maintenance Reminder:
* Search & delete space-taking files in the \assettocorsa directory (\cars and \tracks predominantly)... these gremlin-files mainly relate to drag-and-drop download-content overtime...

Not saying irrelevant file-size doesn't matter. You'll be surprised to know all-of-these add-up over a lengthy period of time...

Search Results: (since last x2 weeks)
- thumbs.db (x27, 2.5MB)
- desktop.ini (x18, 1.2MB)
- kn5.backup (x44, 4.5GB)

Last edited:
New (?) CSP bug : F5 camera doesn't work anymore. It's always centered on the car, and when I take a picture, well... It's just a white picture. A monochrome, if you will.
Freerer camera + nice screenshots still enabled, haven't touched CSP in ages... Jesus **** this game.
You still have this issue ?
It's working fine on my side, but while trying a new car I had the same issue, which reminded me of your post.
I guess it depends on the car used, some seem to interfere with F5.

Last edited:
You still have this issue ?
It's working fine on my side, but while trying a new car I had the same issue, which reminded me of your post.
I guess it depends on the car used, some seem to interfere with F5.
It's not entirely possible for a car to interfere with F5 unless they have poorly set up cameras.ini iirc,
Make sure you have orbit mode disabled in your Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> System tab. Also entering CSP settings after changing anything in the System tab may make it reset, so keep an eye out.

Thanks also for your camera-work... 👍
FYI, download-content (unintentionally) contains foot-print file (window-feature, generally hidden)...

View attachment 976039

Periodical Maintenance Reminder:
* Search & delete space-taking files in the \assettocorsa directory (\cars and \tracks predominantly)... these gremlin-files mainly relate to drag-and-drop download-content overtime...

Not saying irrelevant file-size doesn't matter. You'll be surprised to know all-of-these add-up over a lengthy period of time...

Search Results:
- thumbs.db
- desktop.ini (x18, 1.2MB)
- kn5.backup (x44, 4.5GB)

Sorry for my ignorance.
Can I just delete these three files from all the mods?

- thumbs.db
- desktop.ini
- kn5.backup

Many of you might not know... I put easter eggs in some of my track conversions...
but Troyton has one from the author, did anyone find it?

Troyton 1st corner we can pass the metal barrier, there is a small road.
And there is a big parking lot inside track where we can drive through aswell.

Am I right?

Sorry for my ignorance.
Can I just delete these three files from all the mods?

- thumbs.db
- desktop.ini
- kn5.backup

In general, and AC related terms, yes to 'thumbs' and 'desktop'...

So that you may see all files found, search in win-explorer from the \assettocorsa directory, like so... (select-all-files and see space-saving-potential displayed on the bottom-results-bar)

upload_2020-12-4_12-21-45.png

The KN5 files on the other hand can be treated differently... The source... Nowadays, mod-downloads can include a KN5 backup - which is great to have in case of error etc. Regrettably it is also consuming your prime-AC-storage location (drive), which then reduces the number of new mod-installs. IMO, best to keep backup files on a different storage drive (if possible)...

When editing a mod in CM can also generate a backup KN5, so be selective with these...

The upside - the above maintenance can simply be avoided by installing manually - which is the go-to for moi... 👍

Last edited:
The Dome S101 that was posted back in June - does anyone still have it and could kindly reup it ? I know it looks like **** but I couldn't care less ahah.
Cheers.
I have done a lot of work on the car, not the model, but fixing issues with it and trying to set it up for 2006. There is still work to do as it is lacking front downforce and 2006 on it had a larger rear wing etc. It is around LMP2 lap times currently at Lemans and about 10 seconds a lap better than original.
Here it is to what I have done to date. Set up to simulate the Judd 5.5L V10 engine. Feel free to improve:
https://mega.nz/file/XD5hACJL#ujMmGzNnG3z4PbUqfqeZwHKK6DgMwCjQXdvWTmOTFwM

upload_2020-12-4_4-14-5.png

Did search here and on google about this projected shadows with invisible cars.
This only happens in cockpit view, if I press the 'look back' button, the cars behind are visible.

Anyone have had something similar or knows how to fix this?

Obviously tried more cars and tracks. This is pointed for only one car.
Tweaked some values on the windshield without success.

Thanks for any helo.

Hey guys, I might be remembering wrong but a while back someone posted here in the thread about a setting that could make in-car reflections actually reflect the inside of the car instead of the road and sky (or maybe just a dull glare instead of a full reflection?) and I kind of remember applying that setting and being happy with it but I had to blast all of my config files a while back and now I’m getting the ugly road reflections again.

Did I dream this or does this setting exist, and if so, where is it?

Last edited:
It's not entirely possible for a car to interfere with F5 unless they have poorly set up cameras.ini iirc,
Make sure you have orbit mode disabled in your Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> System tab. Also entering CSP settings after changing anything in the System tab may make it reset, so keep an eye out.
Still, it is only one car that triggers the issue. A newly posted Honda Civic Sir at Assettoland. It has no external sound either.
Since the guys over there are lurking here, it’s well possible that they fixed it by now.
But when I tried that car yesterday, hitting F5 did nothing.
None of my other installed cars has interfered with the F5 cam, so my simple logic says it’s the car (or some files inside).

deleted
Something is wrong with the forum.
I cant post what I want, these new advertisements are killing my system

re: eastereggs
@Paulo Ribeiro keep driving down that Troyton road...
(I think I closed off the kart track at the last moment, as it will become a new layout)

Zolder09 you can drive "off road" and take the jump back to the track
Zwickau has a spectator with "less clothes"
Loch Rannoch "free roam" is a literal egg, that came about from having the back roads as a bigger egg.
Imola2001 also has some drivable offtrack roads, as do most of my conversions

I cant remember all of the eggs I have left behind

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back