Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,780 comments
Did you try out the new CSP extension for DXGI flip model etc? Enabling that causes pretty much the same issue on my machine. Without spending some time digging for the exact issue and fix, I have to disable the extension, then restart computer to get my performance back. I am leaving this off for now, I think it didn't play nicely with my machine when it was inside the other menu either.

Also this issue has been caused for me in the past by either Sol, or WeatherFX in general, even if I cleanly reinstalled Sol or deactivated entirely CSP. Same also where I have restarted the computer as last ditch effort and the framerate comes back for a race or two then disappears again.
-Try going to WeatherFX settings in CM and switching weather script to one you are not using eg. from 'Sol' to 'Sol 1.5.x' or 'Default Implementation'. Load a session, quit and switch it back to 'Sol' (or whatever one you wish it to be on). This fixes it for me.

If not, I wish you luck in finding a solution because things like this just make me stop playing the game until I have the time for troubleshooting and that sucks because life is very busy at the moment.

Yup tried all that and didnt really fix the issue for me. Only thing that fixed it so far is after running optimization on my SSD. Knock on wood so far it's been working flawless. CSP new release is buggy, it's wonderful with all the new features and when it's working right but when it doesn't it is a real headache to troubleshoot. I remember one of the patch a while back completely broke AI. I remember in Bathrust track some of the opponents would just run straight into the wall first corner.

Mr Pencil here! :D

Can I just ask one question about the Bahrain mod that appeared on RD.

I have the Bahrain 2020 from here and it's great, but sometimes when you hit a bollard the kraken comes up from underground and swallows my car. I learnt to drive around the bollards. But after updating CSP to 1.46 I started getting random stutter so to get back to preview version 1.27 I had to swap my main assetto file for my back up file and now Bahrain 2020 won't load at all. (1.27 been removed as an option)

Gutted but I accepted the loss as a consequence of updating CSP. So when this Bahrain track came up on RD I was like "back of the net" but the problem is it loads but the road surface is stuck in super heavy traction (can't steer really) making cars totally undriveable on it for me.

Has anyone experienced anything similar with either versions of Bahrain?

I would be uber grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

Just a suggestion...

May be worth checking if you have a config for Bahrain that doesn't work with this newer version. Have look in extensions/cfg/tracks/loaded. If there's one in there for Bahrain, try taking it out and see if the road surface issues goes away.

Sorry, didnt know that. i cant find any related posts regarding sharing mods but i found hundreds of shared mods in this thread. how is it working now?

There's a rule saying no sharing mods that you must pay for (RSS, URD, etc.) You are allowed to share mods that you have created yourself or are out there for free only

I've never used the RTM NSX GT500 and I only have the Assetto Garage version, but I've seen both and I'm 99% sure that they're different mods completely. I'll link the AG version below (mine has only real skins from RaceDepartment and not the fictional skins of the base mod). The mod's got some problems if you're wanting to race it against other DTM or GT500 cars as it's incorrectly quite down on power (533bhp as Content Manager tells me) so you'll probably want to consider dropping an engine from a similar car into it for balancing purposes. There used to be a BoP data file on RaceDepartment but that got taken down for whatever reason.

preview.jpg

Anyways, here you go and all that yadda yadda about if the RTM and AG cars actually the same mod, just let me know and I'll take it down.

This whole situation with Assettoland getting taken down really blows, RTM or a similar group strikes again because they hate having a productive and healthy community I guess. :rolleyes: Assettoland was really clear on their policy of taking off mods that people didn't want hosted there, but I guess some people were just too spiteful to care.

Did you try out the new CSP extension for DXGI flip model etc? Enabling that causes pretty much the same issue on my machine. Without spending some time digging for the exact issue and fix, I have to disable the extension, then restart computer to get my performance back. I am leaving this off for now, I think it didn't play nicely with my machine when it was inside the other menu either.

Also this issue has been caused for me in the past by either Sol, or WeatherFX in general, even if I cleanly reinstalled Sol or deactivated entirely CSP. Same also where I have restarted the computer as last ditch effort and the framerate comes back for a race or two then disappears again.
-Try going to WeatherFX settings in CM and switching weather script to one you are not using eg. from 'Sol' to 'Sol 1.5.x' or 'Default Implementation'. Load a session, quit and switch it back to 'Sol' (or whatever one you wish it to be on). This fixes it for me.

If not, I wish you luck in finding a solution because things like this just make me stop playing the game until I have the time for troubleshooting and that sucks because life is very busy at the moment.

Come to think about it, I did try that when I had 1.62. But if you look a couple of posts before yours I documented what happened after going back to 1.60. Completely bonkers. This is great advice though, thank you. I will bookmark your post just in case.

Yup tried all that and didnt really fix the issue for me. Only thing that fixed it so far is after running optimization on my SSD. Knock on wood so far it's been working flawless. CSP new release is buggy, it's wonderful with all the new features and when it's working right but when it doesn't it is a real headache to troubleshoot. I remember one of the patch a while back completely broke AI. I remember in Bathrust track some of the opponents would just run straight into the wall first corner.

It was also strange for me as I think when I was having frame rate issues, the ai behavior seemed a little off. I hope I'm back to normal now.

hi guys, is anyone willing to share the Honda NSX GT500 Concept 2016 by AssettoGarage with me? i would appreciate that. Thank you. the only source i found is the RTM page that gathering costs of €16.

Here, this has the NSX youre looking for, but much better physics and accurate skins. it also has a fake Lexus RCF GT500, but you can get a much better Lexus LC500 GT500 in this very forum, just search it up. made by delpinsky

Btw, if someone (AI Gurus):sly: could do something about AI at St.Petersburg - Shushari of GTSUPREME would be awesome. :)

Hi Paulo

I have made a complete set of AI lines for St.Petersburg - Shushari by GTSUPREME last week. I did send it to Teddie (who asked me to do it) for some feedback. Maybe you can crosscheck too.

Here you go:

Attachments

• gtsupreme_spb.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 39
Just a suggestion...

May be worth checking if you have a config for Bahrain that doesn't work with this newer version. Have look in extensions/cfg/tracks/loaded. If there's one in there for Bahrain, try taking it out and see if the road surface issues goes away.

Thanks for that and I will do. I will post back later on with results!

Come to think about it, I did try that when I had 1.62. But if you look a couple of posts before yours I documented what happened after going back to 1.60. Completely bonkers. This is great advice though, thank you. I will bookmark your post just in case.
Sorry to hear about your issues. Things like this can be baffling and infuriating in equal measures.
If performance is normal on startup then deteriorates over time, isn't this usually an indication of a memory leak?

Hi ! :)

I received early this morning an email from VRC about a major update on the Formula NA package which is now in 1.6 version.

The information on the (open) Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/vrc.modding.team/?hc_ref=ARSOCVv5xSVTMgnA9Wqdma2Vniuu7MYua637JCI8ODSWMeW17BmjO83e-_AgMivE07o&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARB7IBfdbBbSGh5oJqRXV0-lAw5ysFEtlBipd7jnaeXZcCoBaiNa7FoJZkw7gMuOPIsFCQ9j2eitx-jYC17sh8lSvyDv8fwf1JxUF5Qkbtg5FKh-7S5htJ9FRDGidsZ1WL8FzhWU6USQV5j4uQvBXBL-js70Oxzd9V-eOtFSdzX_30HNSoYVtQx7rjjX35i_OJpsZKFWkYuk0w4VSRp30a-kaEpgFoKD09p8hGHWZ9KXevau36tNWQAgQIWIBCVuB2I176TxqnymNWdAU75ectsDV5Cp-rsocCo3RQvo9rCSvKluIB6UpsAlmJI6n2GXJrSZ_2AuYMmQkf-eBvDwzqaQcA&__tn__=kC-R

Download Link to the Paymod (VRC)
https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/package/1

Changelog:
-ALL CARS: Corrected weight and inertias.
-ALL CARS: Updated suspension.
-ALL CARS: Minor tweaks to tyre grip.
-ALL CARS: New UI VRC Logos.
-FNA2018 & FNA2012: Adjusted engine power.
-FNA2018 & FNA2012: All new LODs.
-FNA2018 & FNA2012: LOD A improvements and optimization.
-FNA2018: Added optional AFP device.
-FNA2018: Carbody shape tweaks.
-FNA2018: Sounds: Volume adjustments.
-FNA2018: Sounds: Re-Mixed Internal Samples.
-FNA2012: New skins.
-FNA2012: New CSP skins configurations.

VRC's Formula NA 2020 car will be included in next update !

I am downloading it with some excitation.;)

Cheers ! :cheers:

My 767th post ! :lol:

Last edited:
Ah, thanks - I was sure I looked in the skin folders but obviously not close enough. :)
edit: yes, I checked the first two skins and couldn't see anything, but sod's law, the third one has the first rollcage.dds.
D'oh!

Did you grab the updated car (above?)

yeah i did, thanks to FaB and DBag for it...

i found a way to fix the sunscreen to be seen from the inside, mixed dirty-glass.dds from fab with original window.dds, not sure about alpha values though, the dirty layer is quite low.... just put this file into hipermax or RS skin folder and rename to dirty-glass.dds

Attachments

• dirty-glass(hipermax).zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 19
Newb here bright back to AC by the new XBow release.

This place is an Aladdin’s cave of content but it’s also a bit like TK max (everything everywhere) Does this reboot team have a discord for their releases or a website etc, as I’d like to try their content too.

I’ve already bought some amazing RSS mods and fancy checking out this reboot team stuff, but where to they post it. If they don’t have a website or discord do they have a #tag in here to limit the results to their content?

Cheers and hope to see you all on the track :)

[removed previous non-official content] - the most to date Reboot tracks can be found on this thread... as mentioned previously, the search functionality will be your best ally in this respect...

Last edited:
if not already received or known... review this site *poof!*, and support in anyway possible to the great cause... and welcome to GTPlanet... as mentioned previously, the search functionality will be your best ally in this thread.
Just be aware that's in no way an official resource for Reboot tracks, it's just a page on a generic mod site. A lot their Reboot track links seem to be quite out of date.

Last edited:
Just be aware that's in no way an official resource for Reboot tracks, it's just a page on a generic mod site. A lot their Reboot track links seem to be quite out of date.
had no idea M... it looks legit... remove post then? whatever is best...
edit: non-official DL removed...👍

Last edited:
Reworked:
GutBomb / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
ADM Machkovo v1.1
Update shaders
Add VAO
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/1b9y8ubgxlfd/gb_machkovo.7z.html
preview.png
Thanks for working with the track. But you mentioned yourself in the authors, but this is not true)
The author of 3D is Gavrilenko Dmitry (DGaus), and the author of the conversion to Assetto Corsa is me, Korotkov Andrey (HTRacingS.ru)

Havent forgotten reverse direction. Let me think about that @Beezer215. I still have the original configuration but I would need to move the starting grid over onto the other straight.

There is also kind of a gokart track on the interior of the track. but not much area for pits that I can see.
Great work on your PBIR clockwise version - thanks. Have you been able to get a start/finish line marker for it? It would be really nice to see that.

I seem to be getting much better rain performance in VR with CSP 0.1.63.
I can run ten X-Bow GT4s at Spa and comfortably meet the 45->90fps ASW threshold, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that before. The temptation is always to go full monsoon but I've found that Windy weather (so a mix of blue skies and rain clouds) with rain only around 5% but with a soaking wet track looks incredibly realistic. Add the rain/wiper audio from an earlier CSP and the immersion goes deeper than the Mariana Trench.

Are 3d trees usually possible in AC?
The reason I'm asking is because the only place I've seen 3d trees are in Toscana:
I said "usually" because this is the only track I've ever noticed them in.
The trees look miles better than 2d trees, and this mod was made 2 years ago, so I obviously assume most of the community knows about it already.
Why do mod creators not add 3d trees to their tracks? Why haven't they seen wider adoption? Is it possible for someone to add 3d trees to a track similiar to GrassFX?
(or maybe they are in a lot of tracks and I just don't notice them:dunce:)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back