Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,061 comments
Here's a WIP for Loch Rannoch road circuit from RMi...

To be released post-testing...
So far so good, the track is a bit bumpy - but only in the right places - enjoy!

rmi_loch-rannoch_07.jpg

yup, wow Mike hit this video on the head for best car track combo of 2020..

The 488 gte in rf2 is the BOMB, easily the best car Ive ever driven in a sim in the combo on Portland! Been my goto combo for a few weeks now.
My next favorite this year has been the Opala 86 on Historic Kyalami in AMS2. Sucha good combo!
For AC my combo has been the Geroda Porshe 356/A on Fat Alphies Deutschlandring

Interesting! I finally got on Deutschlandring for the first time this week; I'll pair it with the 356 and see how it feels.. thanks for the recommendation!

Also, Portland for AC is quite good too.

I can work on that. Give me a day or two. Christmas crunch is setting in!

Already done, be sure to update the config with the latest version via content manager, then add this line at the end of the file macau.ini in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS =road?, KERBS?, fen_con_pit?, pitwallblank?, CANOPY?, pt_map_?, macau_building?, wall_15?, border_small?, stad_?, grass?,
PUDDLES_MESHES =
SOAKING_MATERIALS =road?, KERBS?, fen_con_pit?, pitwallblank?, CANOPY?, pt_map_?, macau_building?, wall_15?, border_small?, stad_?,
SOAKING_MESHES =
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
SMOOTH_MESHES =
ROUGH_MATERIALS =grass?,
LINES_MATERIALS =gridline_lines000001, gridline_finishline000001, ra_1,
RELIEF_MATERIALS = '{ dynamic:no & !Bx? }'

If anyone wants to add the stream edge it will be a great addition to it.

Hi everyone!

Silverstone 1999 and AbuDhabi as a little pre-Christmas present ;) ;)

Silverstone: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dtv9egec7lj6zey/silverstone_1999_v05.rar/file
View attachment 979721
- Based on a quite bad version from RD
- Visually overhauled
- New Racesurface
- GrassFX, RainFX, Seasons, etc.

AbuDhabi: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c3p8w6rb614mqpt/yasmarina_2020.rar/file
View attachment 979722

-Based on ACU version 1.05
- GrassFX, RainFX
- Lights done with CustomEmissives, so maybe not fully compatible with other skins.
- New AI

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I've done a Bentley 2018 conversion from ACC. Visually nice, Interior not fully finished.
Don't know if it should be released here, let me know. Also help with Physics and Interior (Dash) recommend.
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Safe and Merry Christmas!

"Based on ACU" does it mean we can import on ACU one or do we have to install it as a new track? I want to use it but I beileve i can't due to incompatibity issues.

"Based on ACU" does it mean we can import on ACU one or do we have to install it as a new track? I want to use it but I beileve i can't due to incompatibity issues.

Its a "new" track. Just drag it to tracks folder. New track will be shown in CM. Does nothing on existing tracks.

WIP release, far from being finished!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACC Bentley Continental GT3:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mxznk8xbtsj9oae/acc_bentley_continental_gt3_v035.zip/file
AC_Boatley.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As stated on top, mod has some things which need to be sorted out.

Known issues:
- Whole interior needs to be fixed.
- Physics rework. (Help needed)
- Better skin conversions, or better scratch made.(Template included)

Again, Merry Christmas to all of you. :cheers:

Last edited:
ACC Bentley Continental GT3: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lm02hhmmcufslyf/acc_bentley_2018.rar/file
View attachment 979882

Known issues:

Thank you very much man!! :D

Last edited:
ACC Bentley Continental GT3: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lm02hhmmcufslyf/acc_bentley_2018.rar/file
View attachment 979882

Known issues:

So excited to try this out. Unfortunately...

Screenshot_acc_bentley_continental_gt3_sprint_kyalami_2016_22-11-120-13-25-29.jpg
Screenshot_acc_bentley_continental_gt3_sprint_kyalami_2016_22-11-120-13-25-39.jpg

SOL2.0 + CSP 1.65, VR-Oculus Rift. It also crashes AC's rendering engine when I exit.

I'm about to restart my system to make sure it isn't some other issue.

finally got a squidgen of time to get back on this, Ibarra with assets from Reiza version in RF2. completely new extraction of geometry by someone to be credditted later. Texture mapping of terrain and road assets is slow AF, but have a peek at the new textures in background, sat imagery, not just tiled grass. if I am lucky release core map this weekend. I dont want to nick the original authors of the current version's AI or cameras so will publish without.
upload_2020-12-23_6-34-54.png

upload_2020-12-23_6-46-22.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
And i'd like to point out great job on the overhaul I think you should do more of these overhauls of neil's LMP pack in the future it'll be interesting to see the other engines that were used in the other cars like the Mazda, Honda, AER etc. in the lola. (and the judd oreca 03 ;))

Thank You(^^ I'll solve remaining issues with pescarolos and I'll make my research for next ones starting tomorrow. I was thinking about finishing Pescarolo lineage by adding the Morgan chasis and 01 from 2007, then i can start with Orecas. Once I have the methodology set it should go faster.
I really enjoy doing this(^^

I personally feel for testing the lap times of Lemans Prototype's the Kuno Spa-Farchomps is the best track for it(If the specific prototype ran at the track). The Lemans versions for Assetto Corsa lap times wise don't seem the most accurate.

Even supposendly laser scaned FM7 version? I had the same impression, But I have selected one car I never driven on that track before and measured its lenght. If the numbers at CM are accurate, its 13,6 km long... both versions are... Maybe the problem here isnt the track itself, but default setup of given car?

Yes I agree. Ran a trial race weekend last night with 2007 grid and the cars are spot on lap times for that year but 4 seconds slower at Lemans.
If you test at Lemans you should test against a Kunos car to get some sense of BoP.

I have been runing some stress tests for the AI at 2017 and FM7 versions of Le Mans. LMP1's AI at 100/100% with default setup was doing something around 3:35, and LMP2's Mazda and Nissan ~3:45. Judd V8 is a bit off with its low torque at 3:46/7. I will add kunos LMPHy cars and see how they compare. It might be my cars are still too fast for them, but has anyone thought about reworking them, at least for offline purposes?

Aero tuning is the key here.
I suggest NOT using power or weight for BOP (please)

Areodynamics were at my strongest attention here. I have been experimenting with simulating air flow under the floor and diffusor, but It ended being overcomplicated. In general Im scaling wing dummies to the actual sizes of given part of the car and experiment with lift/drag multipliers. Once I will learn more about each variable I will improve it. Thats why I called It Ver0.2.

Absolutely. Totally agree.
However you have to decide if you want your field to include unedited Kunos cars. If so then the Audi R18 is a good bench mark. If it can't better 3.30 around Lemans2017 then the Pescarolos shouldn't do that either. Around 3.34-3.35 is where their best laps should be. Any faster then you are most likely looking at either what you said. The incorrect weight or an unrealistic torque curve/boost setting with not enough transmission power loss.

I will check. I might want to rework the Kunos cars once I will gain more experience, As I see them underperforming.

right, i'm not a good driver in the least and i only gave them a quick hoik round Mugello, but i do have some feedback;

1. the default camera position is janky. like it's on the rollhoop rather than drivers eye - not a huge issue, but worth noting.
  2. The LMP1 car nukes itself very quickly. the rev limiter is set either way too high, or there is none so if you spike the throttle it's dead or damages the engine a large amount.
however, it's not all bad. the cars are very compliant and smooth to drive, and when compared against the IER Oreca FLM09 it was a lot faster (4 ish seconds on bad laps for both), so the performance gap between a 2010 LMP2 and 2010 LMPC/FLM seems about right, and it felt much easier than the Oreca (again, seems right as the Oreca has a lot less downforce and much harder tyres IIRC).

1. Forgot to readjust it, sorry.
2. Will try to fix it tomorrow. Thank You for notifying me.

If You would spot some more issues let me know. Try them at some other tracks and let me know the times You get.

Awesome stuff!

Even supposendly laser scaned FM7 version? I had the same impression, But I have selected one car I never driven on that track before and measured its lenght. If the numbers at CM are accurate, its 13,6 km long... both versions are... Maybe the problem here isnt the track itself, but default setup of given car?

to note: CM distances are calculated via AI line.

As we round out the year, I'm wondering about everyone's top 5 car and track mods for 2020.. either brand new or updated. For that matter, include any all-time favourites that should never leave your list!

My top 5s:

Cars:
1. RSS Formula 3
2. Kunos MX-5 ND Cup
3. Shaun Clarke's Radical SR-3
4. tommy78's VW Golf TCR
5. Kunos Porsche Cup

Tracks:
1. ACU Hockenheim with F_B's AI and the F1 / DTM skins from here
2. Kunos Monza
3. Kunos Nurburgring GP (GT)
4. Donington Park
5. VIR

Also honorable mention to Mosport 2020 (johnr777) / Watkins Glen / Road America (lilski).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back