Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
Yes I agree. Ran a trial race weekend last night with 2007 grid and the cars are spot on lap times for that year but 4 seconds slower at Lemans.
If you test at Lemans you should test against a Kunos car to get some sense of BoP.
Aero tuning is the key here.
I suggest NOT using power or weight for BOP (please)

Absolutely. Totally agree.
However you have to decide if you want your field to include unedited Kunos cars. If so then the Audi R18 is a good bench mark. If it can't better 3.30 around Lemans2017 then the Pescarolos shouldn't do that either. Around 3.34-3.35 is where their best laps should be. Any faster then you are most likely looking at either what you said. The incorrect weight or an unrealistic torque curve/boost setting with not enough transmission power loss.

100% agree, LilSki & Johnr777 collaborating on Road America got to be one of the best scratch built tracks this year, lidar mesh and loaded with quality trackside detail too. I'm curious as might have missed another up till now, but anyone know if there is any other track mods been made with animated marshals/people trackside?

Road America, Mosport and my Goodwood FOS are the only ones with animated marshals as far as I know.

Hi everyone!
Silverstone 1999 and AbuDhabi as a little pre-Christmas present ;) ;)
Stay Safe and Merry Christmas!
thx for the tracks:)!
Mind posting a link to the latest version of both tracks as CM tries updating both tracks everytime I start CM..it says e.g. Silverstome99-1..next update is Silverstone99-2,.....

P.O.D - 4 tracks for AC v0.poc

4 tracks created from the old game "POD: Planet of Death"

"city"
Screenshot_ks_audi_sport_quattro_rmi_podcity_22-12-120-11-14-38.jpg

"canyon"
Screenshot_ks_audi_sport_quattro_rmi_podcanyoem_22-12-120-11-13-37.jpg

"arcade"
Screenshot_ks_audi_sport_quattro_rmi_podarcade_22-12-120-11-11-33.jpg

"alder"
Screenshot_ks_audi_sport_quattro_rmi_podalder_22-12-120-11-10-31.jpg

THESE TRACKS ARE VERY HARD ON FORCE FEEDBACK (you have been warned)

Maybe it is possible to smooth these out (by increasing mesh count?)
Adding emissive elements might be too difficult due to the low material count.

All track have only one pit, because "proof of concept"
Test with cars having high compliance suspensions (Rally, Dirt Truck, etc)

:: download if you dare ::

Last edited:
thx for the tracks:)!
Mind posting a link to the latest version of both tracks as CM tries updating both tracks everytime I start CM..it says e.g. Silverstome99-1..next update is Silverstone99-2,.....

Thx for the info, disabled CUP for now. Something wrong with version string. Next Updates should be fine.

"city"
View attachment 979798

"canyon"
View attachment 979799
"arcade"
View attachment 979800
"alder"
View attachment 979801

Thx, looking funny to drive ;-)

You know you can add emissives on textures via mask-map? At least 4 Different Colors a map (R, G, B, A).
So no need to split meshes.
Here some Documentation: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/sdk-shaders

NeilB1971's Pescarolo 01 evo physics rework Ver0.2
View attachment 979742
https://mega.nz/file/bGBFBSrA#3ERH-MnDXZOlofConCCu9x5yYkX9wydCLUteE1Esb3s

Finally, after plethora of trials and errors, I have ended up with 4 engine versions for Pescarolo evo.

- Judd GV5.5-S2 V10/72° 4v 5496 cc N/A LMP1
- Mazda MZR-R/AER L4 4v DOHC 1997 cc 1xGarrett LMP2
- Judd DB V8/90° 4v 3397 cc N/A LMP2
- Nissan VK45DE V8/90° 4v DOHC 4494 cc N/A LMP2

I have made new aero solution, tweaked brakes, suspension... these things stay the same for all variants. I also have tried do do some BoP on LMP2 engines.
Please, let me know what do You think about this. I might do more reworks like this one in the future, but i need to know if I'm going into right direction with it.

I also ask good drivers to test it around Le Mans if its possible to break 3:30 time with LMP1 and 3:40 with LMP2.

right, i'm not a good driver in the least and i only gave them a quick hoik round Mugello, but i do have some feedback;

1. the default camera position is janky. like it's on the rollhoop rather than drivers eye - not a huge issue, but worth noting.
  2. The LMP1 car nukes itself very quickly. the rev limiter is set either way too high, or there is none so if you spike the throttle it's dead or damages the engine a large amount.
however, it's not all bad. the cars are very compliant and smooth to drive, and when compared against the IER Oreca FLM09 it was a lot faster (4 ish seconds on bad laps for both), so the performance gap between a 2010 LMP2 and 2010 LMPC/FLM seems about right, and it felt much easier than the Oreca (again, seems right as the Oreca has a lot less downforce and much harder tyres IIRC).

"city"
View attachment 979798

"canyon"
View attachment 979799
"arcade"
View attachment 979800
"alder"
View attachment 979801

Would you maybe consider converting a track or two from Forza Motorsport 4? It'd be good to get Camino Viejo (especially the Extreme variant, linking several tracks) and/or Iberian and/or Sedona into AC.
I think these would probably get a lot more use and appreciation than tracks from games like 'Planet of Death'.
Somebody posted track source files from FM4 a while ago, I think there's perhaps a link somewhere in this thread?

Would you maybe consider converting a track or two from Forza Motorsport 4? It'd be good to get Camino Viejo (especially the Extreme variant, linking several tracks) and/or Iberian and/or Sedona into AC.
I think these would probably get a lot more use and appreciation than tracks from games like 'Planet of Death'.
Somebody posted track source files from FM4 a while ago, I think there's perhaps a link somewhere in this thread?

If you can organize source files i can have a look ;-)

I have yet to extract a track from Forza in any simple, useable format (as bad as Brannochbrae or worse)
Did not see any FM sources (extracted to fbx/obj/dae ???).

The POD tracks were simply easy and I did them as a test of popping things into AC, and clearing my leftovers from the plate ya?
Christmas spirit and all ya?

I have a list, and some commissions (that I cant say about yet), but thanks for your suggestion.

If you can organize source files i can have a look ;-)
I think this is what someone was working on a while ago. They said they had more/would do more, but this is as far as it got I think.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/297p8q6n2zulz/Motorsport_4_Tracks

I have yet to extract a track from Forza in any simple, useable format (as bad as Brannochbrae or worse)
Did not see any FM sources (extracted to fbx/obj/dae ???).

The POD tracks were simply easy and I did them as a test of popping things into AC, and clearing my leftovers from the plate ya?
Christmas spirit and all ya?

I have a list, and some commissions (that I cant say about yet), but thanks for your suggestion.

Apologies, my phrasing was clumsy, I wasn't intending to demean the work you've done recently converting old/obscure tracks from little-known games, I was just suggesting a few tracks you might want to tackle that could achieve a wider appreciation.
Sorry for the poor choice of words.

Last edited:
Someone knows if theres a working Bugatti Bolide mod? (not that 0.0.2 version , it doesn't work for a lot of people) or if someone is working on one?
I too am interested in a Bolide for AC.

There is the version by Kiny and Gibbons which is the one you mentioned. It has a few issues like a non-working gauge cluster screen, bad seating position and messed up driver steering animation. There's also a version made (supposedly) by a group called VirtuaSportsCars which seems to be more polished, at least on the interior. But those people NEVER release any of the cars they show, they just want you go give them likes and subs.

Kiny / Gibbons version:

VirtuaSportsCars version (not publicly available):

Last edited:
Ha! It seemed odd, but apparently the area around the circuit can green up in the rainy season. It quite transforms the place though, eh?

Of course YouTube kills the quality, but I had to record a quick run using this config. Hopefully the quality improves once it processes a little more!

The motion shots were created using the 'Drone Camera' app that was mentioned not too long ago in here.

I too am interested in a Bolide for AC.

There is the version by Kiny and Gibbons which is the one you mentioned. It has a few issues like a non-working gauge cluster screen, bad seating position and messed up driver steering animation. There's also a version made (supposedly) by a group called VirtuaSportsCars which seems to be more polished, at least on the interior. But those people NEVER release any of the cars they show, they just want you go give them likes and subs.

Kiny / Gibbons version:

VirtuaSportsCars version (not publicly available):

Yes i knew about virtuasport cars they never release their cars unfortunately. I was asking because a i read a lot of people on discord using the 0.0.2 version and having a black screen and returning to the menu, in my case it says wrong texture format and returns to menu. I have ac 1.6.4 and CSP 1.60 , it doesn't worked with older versions either.

100% agree, LilSki & Johnr777 collaborating on Road America got to be one of the best scratch built tracks this year, lidar mesh and loaded with quality trackside detail too. I'm curious as might have missed another up till now, but anyone know if there is any other track mods been made with animated marshals/people trackside?

Yes, not to forget johnr777 nor Rigel, who worked with Kevin on VRC's Alabama (aka Barber Motorsports Park). Academy Award winners all.

Yes i knew about virtuasport cars they never release their cars unfortunately. I was asking because a i read a lot of people on discord using the 0.0.2 version and having a black screen and returning to the menu, in my case it says wrong texture format and returns to menu. I have ac 1.6.4 and CSP 1.60 , it doesn't worked with older versions either.
Latest version of CSP is 1.68, maybe try updating it? The car works for me but it's not enjoyable to drive due to the issues I mentioned. I hope it gets improved, or someone else makes a better conversion of the CSR2 model.

Of course YouTube kills the quality, but I had to record a quick run using this config. Hopefully the quality improves once it processes a little more!

The motion shots were created using the 'Drone Camera' app that was mentioned not too long ago in here.

:drool: That... is stunning!! Even on the second watch I get tingles... And I love how your sequence approaching the corkscrew quite mimics my still of it!

I have only seen one or two other videos with drone cams thus far, but this is by far the most dramatic; the enigmatic lighting, the boxer bark of that fantastic Sube, the sweeping fans and zooms.. Just brilliant, mate!

Let's collaborate anytime!

That car, by the way.. it's not from aphidgod, is it? I thought it was a DDM, but they usually use JDM plates.

Thank you so much for sharing this.. a great Christmas present indeed. :D

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back