PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. browser

browser

can anyone make an New skin for the Aston with AO please?

ClaudioWRC74 likes this.
  2. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

Did you try a diff browser? Edge if you usually use Chrome, and v.v. Sometimes works for me.

3. GalacticPie

GalacticPie

TabsGaming42 and ClaudioWRC74 like this.
  4. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

I love Syracuse/Siracusa. Best flow of any modern layout. Reminds me somewhat of Imola before it got chopped into nitty little pieces.

TaistoTurri and maruto like this.
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

No, I did not. But when I read your post, I wanted to and I tried again. DL worked flawlessly now... :)

6. Masscot

Masscot

Being RHD is kind of the most important thing about the Sultan's cars... is this not something you wanted to at least try? Can't really see the point of these otherwise.

DiscoveryJoke likes this.
  7. dragster666

dragster666

I wanted to do it but couldn't really do it back then not sure if i could do it now.

8. Gustavo Puig

Gustavo Puig

Thank you very much Neil, I appreciate that very much.

Gabriele likes this.
  9. Masscot

Masscot

I'm probably being far too simplistic but isn't it mainly a case of mirroring the appropriate cockpit assets and repositioning the ones that shouldn't be mirrored?

Real Toonces likes this.
  10. Gabriele

Gabriele

thanks guy :cheers:

11. Gabriele

Gabriele

ClaudioWRC74 likes this.
  12. ClaudioWRC74

ClaudioWRC74

indeed the 2 mirrors flash !!!!
    I prefer to use the DTM of the URD 2018 mod but on the other hand all the 2019 skins of this free pack work on the cars from URD because some 2019 skins do not exist in the 2019 skin pack on RD

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    RenaultDJRTP and GalacticPie like this.
  13. BozCzolgosz

BozCzolgosz

now when you say new fold, is that an actual folder with the .ini in it, or just the .ini file???
    uninstall Sol and reinstall. i had the same issue when i updated to 2.0.1 and it just layered it on top of the old stuff (i think), so rather than a nice glint, it just became JJ Abrams: The movie: The game: The novelization.

Stoempertje likes this.
  14. pk3r72owns

pk3r72owns

Download link for the newest Apricot Hill + Midfield layouts.

upload_2020-12-29_15-3-8.png upload_2020-12-29_15-3-31.png Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-27-16.jpg Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-30-9.jpg Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-31-20.jpg Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-32-29.jpg Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-32-51.jpg Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-34-42.jpg Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-35-35.jpg Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-36-23.jpg

AI only works for the forward direction tracks for now. It's a few days late, but now I feel it's a bit better quality of a 'christmas gift' for everyone on GTPlanet who has helped out with questions, given feedback, donated, subbed on Patreon etc - you get the idea...

Thanks again everybody, despite everything that's happened this has been a great year for me, here's to more AC tracks in 2021!!!! (any ideas?)

15. EvilGloomy

EvilGloomy

Possible to detach Midfield from the pack and make it a standalone map?

16. pk3r72owns

pk3r72owns

If you do a search for 'Midfield' in CM it'll still show up as it's own track.

I wont be splitting up the main environment, it's too much work.

17. flyingsaucer

flyingsaucer

Screenshot_ferrari_488_gt3_acc_bikernieki_29-11-120-16-35-48.jpg
    Ferrari 488 GT3 ACC by MasterKey

To make wipers working append these lines to file ext_config.ini

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
    SURFACE = INT_Windshield
    WIPERS = GEO_Wiper4

P.S.
    Cheers

mrtomcat66, Afterlife, xezez and 14 others like this.
  18. EvilGloomy

EvilGloomy

You could use the same mesh and have them in different folders. Although this will not be an efficient way to use the space of the HDD as all kn5 would be duplicated.

I just prefer having Midfield show up as an Individual track on my list instead of being a layout of Apricot Hill.

Real Toonces and pk3r72owns like this.
  19. pk3r72owns

pk3r72owns

You could duplicate the folder and rename it yourself if you would like midfield to have a separate folder.

Sam12H, RMi_wood and MrB00 like this.
  20. ROZTER

ROZTER

Wow Fantastic work THANkss for share it congratulations :cheers:

pk3r72owns likes this.
  21. flyingsaucer

flyingsaucer

Thanks for helping. Which is the better for Body carpaint or for texture with black and grey parts?

UolterUait likes this.
  22. Fabr_123

Fabr_123

Incredible work! Thank you.

23. UolterUait

UolterUait

This is interesting because if you follow Kunos pipeline step by step they advice to use DXT5 on everything because they made it very optimisation-oriented. DXT5 however makes green and purple artifacts on black-ish colors so if you have a black or really dark texture you could go two ways:
    Keep it uncompressed which will have a bit more impact on performance but many skin makers do that to keep their skins without artifacts
    Or
    You can try BC7 Linear compression, which should have a compression rate comparable to DXT5 but shouldn't affect dark colors as much.

flyingsaucer, MrB00 and alexlockout like this.
  24. TN22

TN22

I just want to say a massive thanks for that GT2 and all of its skins, I've been looking for skins for a different car for a while now but this is just what I needed.

On the topic of FIA GT skins does anyone have any earlier, BPR GT skins for the Mclaren F1 GTR that aren't already on RaceDepartment? Preferably BBA competition then Mach One racing and Gulf Racing GTC BPR skins

Please and thanks

25. Iupiter_XYZ

Iupiter_XYZ

Hi guys,

Did anyone here ever create an animated suspension? Not a constraint one using DIR notes but a real .ksanim using HUBs and that stuff? Or does somebody know someone who made a car that featured this? I'm pretty much done with mine, even got the spring compression and expansion but for some reason exported skinned meshes are like 10 times the size of the car.

I made sure to scale everything correctly, it's set in meters in 3ds Max and the car exports in the correct size. It's only the spring mesh that will start to become huge once it's turned from a mesh to a skinned mesh.

26. Ghiaman1334

Ghiaman1334

wait why did u quote me in this post lol

ROZTER likes this.
  27. Riky_Sim

Riky_Sim

Nobody knows how to solve/avoid that? :rolleyes:

I will appreciate.

Thank you.:cheers:

28. kimiraik

kimiraik

Thank you mate, and sorry for bothering you! :cheers:

flyingsaucer likes this.
  29. EvilGloomy

EvilGloomy

I couldn't get it to work lol, not gonna bother with it now, rather spend the time to enjoy the tracks you created! Thanks again!

30. UolterUait

UolterUait

You need to UV Unwrap in 3dsmax or Blender and move the mappings to avoid overlapping parts. Select the UV Unwrap modifier, Open UV editor, select all the meshes on that single map and then move them on the map

flyingsaucer, Riky_Sim and gunnar333 like this.