Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,023 comments
@slider666 and I did a little work on Prato, I can't remember how far we got or if it was ready for release. I'm sure permission was given for working on it and I think Kunos even said the original conversion was ok to stay on RD (could be wrong). @slider666 maybe you can remember where we were at?

How it looks on my HDD:

View attachment 980863

Japp, we had it imo more or less ready to release, but iirc we got a second even newer version and this little project got a sleep, after a while with so many new projects working on.
I can't test the older ready version now (rotten GPU), but I can make a new package for testing, when getting back on my PC.

Last edited:
It does contain CustomTracksBakery.exe

Haven't ran MD5 to check validity in comparison to the presumably trusted bakery program.

If you're using WinRAR, you can go into options, settings and security then add extensions you don't want extracted. For example (*.exe *.com *.pif *.scr *.bat *.cmd *.lnk *.db). I do this then disable it when I trust the exe, bat or cmd file I'm needing from the zip or rar. Can potentially prevent a lot of unknown malicious software from making it onto the system. I.E. the exe found in the skin folder recently with a skin for one of the GUE mods. You could go even further with using sandboxie to open archives in.
Thanks. I'm using WinZip. But MS defender blocks the DL at 86% and then removes it. So I can't even try.
It did however allow me to DL stuff with .exe files before (some car that needed a strange install iirc).

Recently in 3DSimEd, I got my first feel for how tracks are designed for Assetto Corsa. I have no tracks outside of anything made by Kunos Simulazioni. I noticed there are separate KN5 files featuring Grooves for each of the tracks outside of the main courses. These Grooves are essentially the racing line that the AI uses and that (I believe) have the racing line intact. The main KN5 files for each track mesh themselves, though, can be anywhere between 175MB in size to potentially 400MB or greater. On top of that, the KN5 files for the main tracks are incredibly detailed for smoothness. I envisioned trying to build a track for Assetto Corsa. As I learned the basics, I have yet to put something together to even prototype in Assetto Corsa.

From what I have learned in studying creating courses, Assetto Corsa's model is different with tracks opposed to how GTR2 and rFactor do tracks. AC has no skybox or skydome, and it also doesn't rely on certain mesh planes to indicate key points of the track (such as pit in/out and the different sectors). AC uses cubes to be set up as markers or triggers. It can all be done in any 3D modeling software, including Blender. A big part of me designing a track for Assetto Corsa is in learning from one YouTube video about the very basics of making a course for AC. I Feel like I can do this, though; and I don't have any real-world locations or tracks in mind for my concepts. Lot to learn, though.

Finally baked AO for all of the parts except some wires which i might do now i need to do the Windows.Wipers,Lods and Collision and some stuff to refit. I'm really sorry that i slowed down with my Mods the W12 Nardo has been put on hold because of this rework which i wanted to do after a long time.
preview.jpg

The shifting animation works don't believe me?

Hey @JohnBM01, you will find a lot of useful Info's for track building from LilSki's video tutorials beginning with:

There are IMO 6-7 episodes following the first one.

Also assettocorsamods.net have a lot of good tutorials, though some are rather old.
Take a look at the forum there. If you need a link, I can post one for beginning tracks building.
Edit: this one for example is a good starting point:
https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/build-your-first-track-basic-guide.12/

Last edited:
Could someone tell me how to fix this weird looking shadows please ?

shadow_1.png
shadow_2.png

It's this car from Assettoland.
Posted Jun 15, 2019: ALFA ROMEO 8C GT3
by Assettogarage updated/edited by Bonkers Designs.

There are two more similar versions on the site that don't have the issue.
But I like this version best, only these shadows are bothering me.
Having no noticeable modding knowledge I tried switching the body_shadow.png without result.
I tried changing the values in the data > ambient_shadows.ini, no improvement either.
I tried changing values in CM showroom / update ambient shadows ... zip...

Having no noticeable modding knowledge I tried switching the body_shadow.png without result.
I tried changing the values in the data > ambient_shadows.ini, no improvement either.

Some parts of this car doesn't cast shadow.
The only fix is to open it in 3dsimed or kseditor and set the cast shadow tag on all objects (except windows)
backup your existing files and try with this update.
https://we.tl/t-8cgcUVuSok

View attachment 981364 View attachment 981365

I'm not at my PC now, so a quick dirty fix. Generate a folder extension in car folder, with a new file "ext_config.ini" and put there:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
MESHES = ?
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

As this cast shadows also from meshes they don't need too, this can cost some fps without need too. Or instead, look in CM showroom for mesh names missing shadows and replace ? with that names. Or wait till I take a look at it.

Edit: Sorry, ninja'ed by @unpierrot. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not at my PC now, so a quick dirty fix. Generate a folder extension in car folder, with a new file "ext_config.ini" and put there:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
MESHES = ?
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

As this cast shadows also from meshes they don't need too, this can cost some fps without need too. Or instead, look in CM showroom for mesh names missing shadows and replace ? with that names. Or wait till I take a look at it.

Edit: Sorry, ninja'ed by @unpierrot. :lol:

Thanks anyway mate ;)
With @unpierrot fix it now looks like this:

shadow_1.png
shadow_2.png

How I add this conig?
Which file replaces?

thanks

Sorry for the delay.. just saw your question now.

The config belongs in Assetto Corsa/Extension/Config/Tracks/Loaded. If it's the entire, complete config, just copy and replace the original one. If it is just the RAINFX properties, copy and paste all that text into the original config AFTER ALL THE OTHER DATA. I can't remember which was provided in this case, as it wasn't mine.

Last edited:
I noticed there are separate KN5 files featuring Grooves for each of the tracks outside of the main courses. These Grooves are essentially the racing line that the AI uses and that (I believe) have the racing line intact.

You believe incorrectly.. Let me clarify.

No. the grooves are not "essentially the racing line..."
the grooves are for generating skid wear over the course of the race.

track AI is controlled by a few factors:
1. fast_lane.ai (the actual AI data) This is a binary file that is generated by AC.
2. The AI generation uses track mesh objects defined by ROAD, KERB, WALL objects for considerations.
(KERB and other OBS can be defined as "not valid" in surfaces.ini are also considered in Kunos AI generation)
3. ROAD boundaries can also be generated and defined by "sides cvs" files.

NOTE: There is nothing in the mesh that "controls AI".

Grooves are grooves (see ./data/groove.ini)
ideal_line.ai is the line you see when you turn that feature on (green track overlay) and is nothing more. It can be a exact copy of fast_lane.ai or a more optimum track that the user should take as optimum (and almost is never good for AI straightening out chicanes and cutting corners as one does as a driver)

Last edited:
Here you go:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1484#post-13186254

A simple search for Melbourne and user slider666...
Enjoy it!

Happy new year @everyone!!! :cheers: :D

Melbourne 2019 RainFX, what a GREAT track, worth doing an in depth one! Thanks to track makers! Got streaming edges on everything over the road, bridges and signs etc I think?

(I lived in MLB for 9 years, yes it is true what they say "If you don't like the weather, just wait half an hour")

Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?asp?,?Prato?,?Road?,?tarmac?
PUDDLES_MESHES = ?asph?,?kerb?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?line?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?asph?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = Sand,?grass?
STREAM_EDGE_... = 120.93, 7.22, 662.45,117.48, 7.18, 665.79
STREAM_EDGE_... = 39.21, 11.64, 590.46,21.74, 11.2, 610.54
STREAM_EDGE_... = -130.87, 9.31, 458.78,-116.35, 9.36, 444.36
STREAM_EDGE_... = -268.13, 6.64, 298.91,-280.52, 6.66, 311.59
STREAM_EDGE_... = -421.22, 7.35, 13.57,-424.45, 7.32, 17.31
STREAM_EDGE_... = -583.19, 7.42, -142.32,-579.24, 7.43, -145.1
STREAM_EDGE_... = -609.97, 7.84, -200.36,-621.62, 7.89, -191.93
STREAM_EDGE_... = -605.96, 7.84, -556.3,-600.95, 7.82, -556.4
STREAM_EDGE_... = -606.26, 6.34, -576.31,-605.39, 6.34, -576.33
STREAM_EDGE_... = -569.27, 8.72, -708.3,-565.68, 8.74, -704.83
STREAM_EDGE_... = -523.64, 8.04, -719.8,-526.62, 8.03, -723.89
STREAM_EDGE_... = -396.44, 8.64, -792.07,-402.2, 8.88, -809.8
STREAM_EDGE_... = -102.22, 7.91, -827.81,-102.97, 7.9, -823.04
STREAM_EDGE_... = 72.87, 8.71, -623.18,98.13, 8.81, -627.54
STREAM_EDGE_... = 14.87, 10.13, -238.11,38.52, 10, -233.96
STREAM_EDGE_... = 72.97, 9.58, 77.53,96.92, 9.58, 58.79
STREAM_EDGE_... = 667.31, 9.29, 577.83,689.47, 9.3, 570.34
STREAM_EDGE_... = 607.64, 8.94, 825.81,617.51, 9.79, 849.39
STREAM_EDGE_... = 413.36, 8.88, 754.77,392.55, 8.88, 766.78
STREAM_EDGE_... = 69.12, 7.41, 612.36,65.5, 7.43, 615.87
STREAM_EDGE_... = -112.39, 6.59, 440.16,-116.2, 6.58, 443.96

alternative GrassFX here if you like
Code:
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = Bordo_erba,Prato_base
GRASS_MESHES = ?grass?,
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA = Bordo_erba
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS =Color_ed
MASK_BLUR = 1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 1
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0.12
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 0.185
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
SHAPE_SIZE = 1, 1.5
SHAPE_TIDY = 1, 0
SHAPE_CUT = 1, 0
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3

Last edited:
Good Morning Members,,
Did someone have a Rain Fx for the Norisring witch you can
get on Racedepartment and can share it,this would be great.
Many Thanks :confused:

good afternoon, I drew a txMaps texture in photoshop, in kunos cars this dds texture is in the R8G8B8A8 Unorm format, in photoshop when saving dds, I don't see this format, is it called there something else?

good afternoon, I drew a txMaps texture in photoshop, in kunos cars this dds texture is in the R8G8B8A8 Unorm format, in photoshop when saving dds, I don't see this format, is it called there something else?
8.8.8.8 ARGB (32 bpp) is the Uncompressed format. It's pretty pointless to use an uncompressed one for txMaps, I suggest to save txMaps in BC3 8bpp (also known as DXT5) which saves quite a bit in size and only causes problems with dark colors like black or dark grey. If you have a txDiffuse of, for example, 2048x2048 you can save the txMap at 50% of that size. It won't change anything and you will save some MBs on your skin or kn5.
Maybe this helps a bit
ps-dds-plugin-dialog.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back