Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,772 comments
Something i forgot to share a while back....
Ferrari F40 Pininfarina Brunei special

The car has new colors and 512TR seats
The only inaccurate thing on the car is that its not RHD if somebody could convert it to RHD please let me know!
Removed the door animations since it would cause some issues Keep in mind that this is one of my older mods and don't worry
It has AO because its a Kunos car lol Only the seats don't have AO.
View attachment 980663
View attachment 980664
More info these special F40 Pininfarina's made just for the Brunei collection.

Being RHD is kind of the most important thing about the Sultan's cars... is this not something you wanted to at least try? Can't really see the point of these otherwise.

Being RHD is kind of the most important thing about the Sultan's cars... is this not something you wanted to at least try? Can't really see the point of these otherwise.
I wanted to do it but couldn't really do it back then not sure if i could do it now.

I'm not at my PC now, so a quick dirty fix. Generate a folder extension in car folder, with a new file "ext_config.ini" and put there:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
MESHES = ?
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

As this cast shadows also from meshes they don't need too, this can cost some fps without need too. Or instead, look in CM showroom for mesh names missing shadows and replace ? with that names. Or wait till I take a look at it.

Edit: Sorry, ninja'ed by @unpierrot. :lol:

now when you say new fold, is that an actual folder with the .ini in it, or just the .ini file???
Hi everyone,
Following this thread for a while now and wow, am I impressed! AC still getting better, all because of you guys! Massive thank you to all modders out there!
Anyway, when trying out the new Bentley GT3, I noticed something weird on its reflections. It is almost blinding and the same is the case when driving behind it. Does anyone have a clue what the (settings) issue could be? I am using Sol 2.01 and CSP 0.1.68. Filter is default _Sol filter but happens with other PPs too.
Seems to be only happening on this one. Other cars look fine in similar conditions.

View attachment 981455

uninstall Sol and reinstall. i had the same issue when i updated to 2.0.1 and it just layered it on top of the old stuff (i think), so rather than a nice glint, it just became JJ Abrams: The movie: The game: The novelization.

Download link for the newest Apricot Hill + Midfield layouts.

upload_2020-12-29_15-3-8.png
upload_2020-12-29_15-3-31.png
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-27-16.jpg
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-30-9.jpg
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-31-20.jpg
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-32-29.jpg
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-32-51.jpg
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-34-42.jpg
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-35-35.jpg
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_gallardo_egear_apricot_hill_29-11-120-14-36-23.jpg

AI only works for the forward direction tracks for now. It's a few days late, but now I feel it's a bit better quality of a 'christmas gift' for everyone on GTPlanet who has helped out with questions, given feedback, donated, subbed on Patreon etc - you get the idea...

Thanks again everybody, despite everything that's happened this has been a great year for me, here's to more AC tracks in 2021!!!! (any ideas?)

AI only works for the forward direction tracks for now. It's a few days late, but now I feel it's a bit better quality of a 'christmas gift' for everyone on GTPlanet who has helped out with questions, given feedback, donated, subbed on Patreon etc - you get the idea...

Thanks again everybody, despite everything that's happened this has been a great year for me, here's to more AC tracks in 2021!!!! (any ideas?)

Possible to detach Midfield from the pack and make it a standalone map?

Last edited:
If you do a search for 'Midfield' in CM it'll still show up as it's own track.

I won't be splitting up the main environment, it's too much work.

You could use the same mesh and have them in different folders. Although this will not be an efficient way to use the space of the HDD as all kn5 would be duplicated.

I just prefer having Midfield show up as an Individual track on my list instead of being a layout of Apricot Hill.

Last edited:
Hey, any chance there's an updated link for the zw_auto24ring and/or the aa_adriaraceway?

View attachment 981515 View attachment 981516 View attachment 981517 View attachment 981518 View attachment 981519 View attachment 981520 View attachment 981521 View attachment 981522 View attachment 981523 View attachment 981524

Wow Fantastic work THANkss for share it congratulations :cheers:

Last edited:
8.8.8.8 ARGB (32 bpp) is the Uncompressed format. It's pretty pointless to use an uncompressed one for txMaps, I suggest to save txMaps in BC3 8bpp (also known as DXT5) which saves quite a bit in size and only causes problems with dark colors like black or dark grey. If you have a txDiffuse of, for example, 2048x2048 you can save the txMap at 50% of that size. It won't change anything and you will save some MBs on your skin or kn5.
Maybe this helps a bit
ps-dds-plugin-dialog.png

Thanks for helping. Which is the better for Body carpaint or for texture with black and grey parts?

View attachment 981515 View attachment 981516 View attachment 981517 View attachment 981518 View attachment 981519 View attachment 981520 View attachment 981521 View attachment 981522 View attachment 981523 View attachment 981524

Incredible work! Thank you.

Hi guys, I'm looking for the 1996 BPR or 1997 FIA GT skins for the Porsche 911 GT2 (993) If anyone ever made them.

I just want to say a massive thanks for that GT2 and all of its skins, I've been looking for skins for a different car for a while now but this is just what I needed.

On the topic of FIA GT skins does anyone have any earlier, BPR GT skins for the Mclaren F1 GTR that aren't already on RaceDepartment? Preferably BBA competition then Mach One racing and Gulf Racing GTC BPR skins

Please and thanks

Hi guys,

Did anyone here ever create an animated suspension? Not a constraint one using DIR notes but a real .ksanim using HUBs and that stuff? Or does somebody know someone who made a car that featured this? I'm pretty much done with mine, even got the spring compression and expansion but for some reason exported skinned meshes are like 10 times the size of the car.

I made sure to scale everything correctly, it's set in meters in 3ds Max and the car exports in the correct size. It's only the spring mesh that will start to become huge once it's turned from a mesh to a skinned mesh.

Hello!

I've changed front bumper to a car and now in the tx_diffuse the bumper is mixed wit other parts. (see attached)

Other parts that I've added have their own texture to skin separately.

How to avoid that?

Thanks in advance!

Nobody knows how to solve/avoid that? :rolleyes:

I will appreciate.

Thank you.:cheers:

now when you say new fold, is that an actual folder with the .ini in it, or just the .ini file???
Create a folder "extension" in car folder and put there an ext_config.ini with this here:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS = carpaint,
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

"car folder\extension\ext.config.ini"

Or use just what @unpierrot posted: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2061#post-13315494

Mine is untested, as GPU is still rotten.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back