Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,011 comments
Back to the Roots

After some years of using Facebook as our main platform for several reasons it's getting harder and harder to keep things easy. So we've made the decision to change 'back' to an old-school forum system on our homepage to be able to keep all stuff nice and clean together. This makes it easier for us and hopefully you as well!
We'll still use Facebook as our 'news' platform to keep you informed about progress and stuff but downloads and everything will be stored there! It'll be also a great tool to share skins, setups, stay updated about events, discuss stuff or just talk about several things. This forum is free to use ofc you just need to create a login wich makes it a bit safer for us
1f609.png

We're currently growing our team as well so let's welcome our new family members:

Alek Morelock = physics and more
Youri Lim = video editing and more
Paul Murphy = blog

Homepage
https://guerilla-mods.de

Cheers!!
Guerilla Mods

upload_2021-1-11_8-27-9.png

I've got 999 problems solved.. :D

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-11_8-27-4.png
    upload_2021-1-11_8-27-4.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 15
  • upload_2021-1-11_8-27-7.png
    upload_2021-1-11_8-27-7.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 8
View attachment 983507

Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = Asphalt?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = Asphalt?,?oncrete?,?BARR?
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS = ?line?,?LINE?
STREAM_EDGE_... =37.76, -2.58, -18.21,39.44, -2.55, -14.34
STREAM_EDGE_... =39.8, -2.89, -13.45,40.12, -2.94, -11.55
STREAM_EDGE_... =11.38, -11.89, -212.86,4.66, -11.89, -227.57
STREAM_EDGE_... =-20.32, -11.95, -198.54,-26.95, -11.91, -212.95
STREAM_EDGE_... =-242.41, -4.77, 103.15,-287.26, -1.81, 112.69
STREAM_EDGE_... =678.96, -52.77, -388.6,661.56, -52.68, -409.59
where do these go btw, thanks?

Hello,

I'm currently putting my hands on some CM Championships but I have one (IMHO) major issue : there is no way to define the date of the races, so CM will use the current date.

Does anybody knows if there is a workaround ?

Hi Montyk. I'll guide you through it:
1) need to have the car's data unpacked / do this on a car with data already unpacked (data's files showing on a DATA folder).
2) inside data folder, open driver3d.ini with notepad. Change the first lines to this:

[MODEL]
NAME=driver_rally

And replace the ones that say [HIDE_OBJECT] with this:

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

That covers the basics and should get you going.
Thx a Lot for your time!!! Simple enough if you know what to do) Great guide to create RainFX. I have a question about GrassFx? How difficult it is to add it, I would like to study this issue. I have 1988 tracks that are completely grass-free. I will be grateful for any help!

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_.jpg
    __custom_showroom_.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
had a few IM's about making rainfx for tracks,
Adding rainfx is literally 5 minutes most of the time, and anybody can do it easily, you dont need to be a "modder".
Use the template below and follow the video, includes how to add streaming and dripping edges.

@PGMurphy

Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS =
SOAKING_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_POINT_... =
STREAM_POINT_... =

ok i see now, thanks

That's the version I am trying to use, not the 1.4a, but the 1.41. It's the weirdest thing and happens every time no matter which type I car class I use to race with. It's fine in a practice session, but as soon as I make a race session, it happens. Can't figure it out. Never seen anything like it on any other track. Of course it would have to be one of my favorites.
Hmm....1.4a is probably the final test version and got named 1.41 when published. I’ll compare them later today to check.
In the meanwhile you could use Pascalwb’s version on RD.

And since it’s one of your favorites: Reboot Team is working on a ACC version that is better and should be available “soon” :)

Last edited:
Does TrackIR 5 work with AC? Does it need a plugin?

I bought a G2 headset as its a big jump forward in resolution from the Vive, but, didnt like it, can still see pixels and still have to sacrifice graphics quality, so VR is on hold for me again until the 3090ti cards come out i guess.

Interim im thinking the trackir on my triples should give me what I need?

EDIT: nm. Bought one anyway, Ill see how i go I guess.
yeah it works

had a few IM's about making rainfx for tracks,
Adding rainfx is literally 5 minutes most of the time, and anybody can do it easily, you dont need to be a "modder".
Use the template below and follow the video, includes how to add streaming and dripping edges.

@PGMurphy

Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS =
SOAKING_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_POINT_... =
STREAM_POINT_... =

Thanks for helping me learn something today. Is there a video like this that shows how to add track lights?

set the date before you save it, I see its saved in the json and restores without issues.
View attachment 983994
View attachment 983995

That mean the only way to do it is to change the date before racing each event. And since each event may be separated by days or weeks, IRL, it's not really what I was hoping.
But, currently, I see no alternative unless the possibility be added to CM itself...

That mean the only way to do it is to change the date before racing each event. And since each event may be separated by days or weeks, IRL, it's not really what I was hoping.
But, currently, I see no alternative unless the possibility be added to CM itself...
Well I just change the date in-game, first thing as soon as I'm spawned..

Hey, I love this car thanks - small issue, but since this update, the AI can no longer start the car - they either sit in the pits or on the grid; presumably ai.ini needs a tweak to cope with the new power.lut and drivetrain.ini files, but I'm not clever enough to know what!

Thank you sir, will give that a go this evening.

---

On a semi-related note, can anyone else use RT Spa '66 against AI? For me, all cars (Kunos default P4, 908 and GT40) sit in the pitlane. IIRC, it's something to do with the pitlane being on a downward slope...

thank you for sharing my website here ;)
you will also find the basic settings for the Simucube 2 and championships ready for use for Content Manager :
https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/championship-mods-assetto-corsa

:gtpflag:

View attachment 984016

I myself have started to make DTM 2018 and DTM 2020 championship, yesterday, and... there's many things that should be improved in CM regarding championships management.
I've watch some of your videos but setting AI level just doesn't work correctly. They are always sorted randomly.

I don't know where to ask for bug / features request because the CM forum is not really a forum :(
Something I'd like to see is the ability to select a track skin and set proper time date.

Last edited:
I myself have started to make DTM 2018 and DTM 2020 championship, yesterday, and... there's many things that should be improved in CM regarding championships management.
I've watch some of your videos but setting AI level just doesn't work correctly. They are always sorted randomly.

I don't know where to ask for bug / features request because the CM forum is not really a forum :(
Something I'd like to see is the ability to select a track skin and set proper time date.

I've noticed most of that too - anyway you can select a track skin when you are in the championship, immediately before launching the game..

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back