Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,061 comments
it's about FOV man. using dash cam with steering wheel is better than regular cockpit angleespecially with ultrawidescreens
this is new to me...why exactly ? can you show with a 2 image comparison or explain it better? I'm just curious because i dont really understand

AI and Rain FX for T78 Hockenheim:

https://mega.nz/file/m8pHDaJL#iqKvndo0wdIOAhE_FU6ZGNbp6KquH9t1iIWre1h-030

Although I prefer VheETh's new version, it gave me the itch to look at ai I did a while back for the T78 version. I didn't like what I saw, so I reworked all four layouts- it's now more aggressive and a bit faster than before. Also created some rain fx for it, to dress it up.

Edit: oops, couple more things before I forget-

AI for Spa 92
https://mega.nz/file/jl4FGI5T#WeYihMWAPbu8bgIOjJDOG8Sn4iX5zNBJTflN_X_BUuo

Need to retest this, it's been a while

AA Atlanta side lines and pit fix:
https://mega.nz/file/u0xTySqb#Lz60l1ovomh1EChxQ8SpxifkZ2LchavRP7vK1sOP_Ls

@macko68 originally had issues with this track, but I've not been able to repeat his findings. I went ahead and redid the pit lane, so cars wouldn't rejoin in the middle of the straight. I never got to the bottom of the problem he was having, so any input would be appreciated. Quick and dirty vao included.

Have fun.

Thank you so much, but my Spa 92 has only 12 AI. Is there a versione with more AI?

You can't move the actual "dash cam" in that feature. Driver cam etc. but the only moveable setting on that seems to be fov. Very frustrating.

content manager - enable developer apps - then ingame select camera editior under the developer apps section.. there you can edit every cam and save it .. i created some fitting f1 tv style cameras for some cars like that

Can you tell me which is the best version of the Indian Grand Prix track in AC? The track is very close to where I live and I would love to drive around there. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Love all the mods uploaded here, especially the tracks :)

this is new to me...why exactly ? can you show with a 2 image comparison or explain it better? I'm just curious because i dont really understand
FOV: Field of View is the term that used as the widest area that you can see on the screen.
The reason of the dashcam is the i beileve is the input lag or synchronization issues... when you turn your steering wheel, the wheel on the game turn a little late and for pro players or people who knew what i mean can feel a little nautious. same as the VR make some people sick. it's normal but also there's another reason for it too, when you use 21:9 or wider screens the cockpit camera setting are not perfect for driving. sometimes too far somtimes FOV is too high to comprehend. they're all can be adjustable but on dash cam you can almost perfect angle for driving. that's all. of course some people just like that as well.

I didn`t see it here, so you can have it from below

Bejing Keizer Motorsport

https://sharemods.com/ex4rhxyvhqap/keizer_pc.zip.html

This is official release by Polycode to celebrate their two years of existance. Taken from Hipole but it`s difficult to download anything from chinese sites.

Track is of high quality but needs some tuning. Lightning don`t work though it should so anyone skilled in that regard could make it work. Also grass fx, rain fx would be nice additions.

Have fun

shi
St. Petersburg 2003 v0.99
converted from rfactor2.
View attachment 985287
- CSP required
- 30 pit/start
- 7 replay cam
- cm skin
- GrassFX, RainFX
- Smoothed the road surface

Credits & Thanks:
@IDT Simulations, the author of the rfactor2 version and gave me permission
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@racealot, light config, replay cam, tarmac skin, loading screenshot
@KevinK2, AI
@ckkjw398, replay cam

Many thanks !!! Finally smooth. For now definitely the best version of this track

Last edited:
it's about FOV man. using dash cam with steering wheel is better than regular cockpit angleespecially with ultrawidescreens

You can't change FOV in cockpit cam to match dashcam? Not trying to be smartass, just generally confused here. Never used ultrawide screen so that maybe why I'm not getting it. :confused: I use 43" UHD monitor @ full 4k rez 3840x2160 and am able to set correct FOV using one of the FOV calculators. You are not able to do this with an ultrawide screen?

Move your view to where you like it and 'Save Dash'. Exit game, re-enter and your dash cam is now set.

View attachment 985272

You need to be in the cockpit camera, not dash, to do this editing.

the option to save car.ini or dash is not shown in most of my cars. What i have to do?

Is ther an option to hide the Driver complet in cockpit camera ?
It often interferes with adjusting the sitting position.

Thanks! :)

I didn`t see it here, so you can have it from below

Bejing Keizer Motorsport

https://sharemods.com/ex4rhxyvhqap/keizer_pc.zip.html

This is official release by Polycode to celebrate their two years of existance. Taken from Hipole but it`s difficult to download anything from chinese sites.

Track is of high quality but needs some tuning. Lightning don`t work though it should so anyone skilled in that regard could make it work. Also grass fx, rain fx would be nice additions.

Have fun
Great find, and thanks for sharing.
Polycode make nice tracks but it's a shame they still haven't embraced CSP lighting, rain or grass.

the option to save car.ini or dash is not shown in most of my cars. What i have to do?

In order to be able to save the dash, you must have that car's data files unpacked (and rename/delete data.acr).

You can't change FOV in cockpit cam to match dashcam? Not trying to be smartass, just generally confused here. Never used ultrawide screen so that maybe why I'm not getting it. :confused: I use 43" UHD monitor @ full 4k rez 3840x2160 and am able to set correct FOV using one of the FOV calculators. You are not able to do this with an ultrawide screen?
of course, i also used a fov calculator but this is preference thing imo. you can do that way or the other way or both, preference.

As gergerger mentioned both dash_cam.ini and car.ini are in the data.acd file, so you will need to extract that first, which CM can do.

For the driver's head, goggles etc to not show, the entries in driver3d.ini must match the names used in that particular driver model.

Example:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_70
POSITION=0, 0, 0

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB1

[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB2

[HIDE_OBJECT_4]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB3

------------------------------------------------------------------

In CM Showroom, show driver, and then highlight parts of the model to get the correct names.

Hi all!
Have a question about Grass FX for Oesterreichring 1979 by Jim Lloyd & Terra 21.
How to fix those strange grass lines? Looks like it is lying on top of a normal config.
Used config and VAO's found somewhere in the net and uploud here in attach.

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 55
  • oesterreichring1979__vao_grasscfg.zip.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
Not by driver position, but u can edit the dashcam.
step a: go into content manager - settings - assetto corsa - apps - check "enable developer apps"

step b: go on track - open your tool bar - look for the cathegory "ac developer apps" - click on "camera editor"

step c: click on "F1-6" - SET (bottom left) - adjust the cams as u want them to - when finished, click "SAVE CAMERAS"

DONE. :)
I used to have "camera editor" but it's no longer in my developer apps.

As gergerger mentioned both dash_cam.ini and car.ini are in the data.acd file, so you will need to extract that first, which CM can do.

For the driver's head, goggles etc to not show, the entries in driver3d.ini must match the names used in that particular driver model.

Example:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_70
POSITION=0, 0, 0

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB1

[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB2

[HIDE_OBJECT_4]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB3

------------------------------------------------------------------

In CM Showroom, show driver, and then highlight parts of the model to get the correct names.

I believe he meant to make the entire driver disappear. There is an option (hide driver arms) here, under the "view" config:

upload_2021-1-17_9-14-27.png

However, if you want to disable/enable the driver in-game, I think it's not possible.

Hi all!
Have a question about Grass FX for Oesterreichring 1979 by Jim Lloyd & Terra 21.
How to fix those strange grass lines? Looks like it is lying on top of a normal config.
Used config and VAO's found somewhere in the net and uploud here in attach.

In the track's config, add GRASSBLADEL to the OCCLUDING_MATERIALS -line (under GRASS_FX).

Seeing that odd #54 made me want to recreate the PLM special right away :lol:

Yeah i got both CORE skins, there was a PLM version ages ago which is why i got it. And the ally got it's final livery revealed too (i'm gonna be keeping both ally skins cause why not) and i still have hope the debut liveries of the cars are shown like the acura, mazda and nissan along with the caddie :lol:

If anyone is interested in getting rid of the sunglasses and fedora from driver_fedora the following lines added to driver_3d.ini will do it:

[HIDE_OBJECT_5]
NAME=DRIVER_HELMET
[HIDE_OBJECT_6]
NAME=DRIVER_HELMET_GLASS
[HIDE_OBJECT_7]
NAME=DRIVER_HELMET_plastic

to clear the windscreen even in the updated version of Velo's Anglia, you still need these lines in an ext_config.ini

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = windowglass
SHADER = ksWindscreen

No. That car is the Skoda Fabia (R5) DTRI. It is a hillclimb car, made by Igor Drotar and his team. It has different front bumpers, bigger rear wings, rear diffuser. (If I remember well the real version have a bigger 2.0L engine)

A 2-litre engine sourced from the original Fabia World Rally Cars that competed between 2003 and 2005 under the works team, and until 2007 by privateer entries. The engine has been derestricted and modified to boost horsepower from 300hp to approximately 680hp

Last edited:
Is it possible to determinate track's length with CM? I remember maybe hearing about this some time, but haven't found a way to do it myself.
You need to have the premium version of Content Manager to access the tracks tab (just donate to the developer via PayPal as much as you feel comfortable spending and he'll send you an activation key for the full version of CM).

If you already have the Premium Content Manager, open your tracks tab, select the track you want to calculate the length for, right-click over where it says "Length" and select "Recalculate."

Keep in mind that it is not entirely accurate as it seems to use the pit lane AI file to calculate the length of the circuit; this discrepancy being most obvious with the Formula E circuits on RaceDepartment due to how much the Pit Lane deviates from the main race-track in some of those street circuits; the Rome E-Prix being one of the most egregious. Furthermore it doesn't like doing tracks with two-way traffic as it'll calculate from both directions.

My advice? Use the calculation tool for fictional one-way circuits, but for any real-world tracks you should try digging up that information on Wikipedia, official track websites or books containing information on now-defunct tracks.

Last edited:
Thought Bazza and co would've worked on this one instead of working on kunos cars / mods we already have (their upcoming GT pack has, what, 1 new addition ?). Anyways. I ported the GTR2 model for myself but it's just so old...

The AC Legends Team have done a great job bringing cars over and upgrading people's conversions and I think the latest pack ('70s GTs V3) shows their progress very well - it's a big step forward - but ultimately they're working with models that are available in high quality from other games, usually Forza - I don't believe that particular version is.

I think be happy with the '73 and '74 911s they've updated, as well as the 906 and I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming '64 904 and '67 911R.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back