Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,030 comments
I couldn't find a rainfx config so made a basic one for myself - Thought I'd share just in case I've missed a better one somewhere
http://assettomods.com/oesterreichring-1979-reboot-project/
; for oesterreichring1979 circuit by (Reboot Project)
TealOrange-0.jpg
TealOrange-28.jpg

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 17th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Couldn't find a rain fx version - Basic config of RainFX ;)

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = OASP_WET,ROAD_RDILB_WET, STRP_ROADLINE, ?WET?, ?OASP?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = OASP_WET,ROAD_RDILB_WET
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = STRP_ROADLINE, ?ARMCO?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?GRASS?
LINES_MATERIALS = STRP_ROADLINE
STREAM_EDGE_... = 208.68, 1.06, -52.58,208.22, 2.02, -54.04

Attachments

• oesterreichring1979.txt
    522 bytes · Views: 61
Last edited:
You need to have the premium version of Content Manager to access the tracks tab (just donate to the developer via PayPal as much as you feel comfortable spending and he'll send you an activation key for the full version of CM).

If you already have the Premium Content Manager, open your tracks tab, select the track you want to calculate the length for, right-click over where it says "Length" and select "Recalculate."

Keep in mind that it is not entirely accurate as it seems to use the pit lane AI file to calculate the length of the circuit; this discrepancy being most obvious with the Formula E circuits on RaceDepartment due to how much the Pit Lane deviates from the main race-track in some of those street circuits; the Rome E-Prix being one of the most egregious. Furthermore it doesn't like doing tracks with two-way traffic as it'll calculate from both directions.

My advice? Use the calculation tool for fictional one-way circuits, but for any real-world tracks you should try digging up that information on Wikipedia, official track websites or books containing information on now-defunct tracks.

Got it now, thanks a bunch. Rough numbers are just fine, I need this feature only when encountering fantasy tracks with clearly wrong length (or no lenght at all). If the track is found on racingcircuits.info, I use their numbers.

FOV: Field of View is the term that used as the widest area that you can see on the screen.
The reason of the dashcam is the i beileve is the input lag or synchronization issues... when you turn your steering wheel, the wheel on the game turn a little late and for pro players or people who knew what i mean can feel a little nautious. same as the VR make some people sick. it's normal but also there's another reason for it too, when you use 21:9 or wider screens the cockpit camera setting are not perfect for driving. sometimes too far somtimes FOV is too high to comprehend. they're all can be adjustable but on dash cam you can almost perfect angle for driving. that's all. of course some people just like that as well.

hm ok interesting. i know about fov and the rest. I use a screen behind my wheel so i have the ingame steering wheel disabled so there is nothing to bother me about not correct rotation. I always used the cockpit view and was just curios why dashboard and why is better with wider screens... I'm not really wiser now but ok, maybe there is somethin in it for some people. Thanks for the answer.

Question for the +5000 cars owners club.
Suppose you have three versions of the exact same car, one of them being of a superior quality. Do you still keep all three?

Suppose you have three versions of the exact same car, one of them being of a superior quality. Do you still keep all three?
Only at 1k cars, but yes as I get completely lost trying to find and test them lol if one clearly doesn't work when I'm using it I'll get rid of it, but otherwise I get completely lost XD

I'm not at +5k club yet, but I find myself rather looking for reason to keep the duplicate cars in my garage than to get rid of them. At least until I run out of space.

I couldn't find a rainfx config so made a basic one for myself - Thought I'd share just in case I've missed a better one somewhere
http://assettomods.com/oesterreichring-1979-reboot-project/
; for oesterreichring1979 circuit by (Reboot Project)
View attachment 985388 View attachment 985389
[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Couldn't find a rain fx version - Basic config of RainFX ;)

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = OASP_WET,ROAD_RDILB_WET, STRP_ROADLINE, ?WET?, ?OASP?
SOAKING_MATERIALS OASP_WET,ROAD_RDILB_WET
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = STRP_ROADLINE, ?ARMCO?
LINES_MATERIALS = STRP_ROADLINE
STREAM_EDGE_... = 208.68, 1.06, -52.58,208.22, 2.02, -54.04
It doesn't seem to work on @Zwiss versions:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1563#post-13205027
These are the ones I am using. Would it be possible to make it compatible ?

Generally i don't keep all three if its the exact same model and spec of the same car if its a different model of the same car i keep it if its a bit different spec of the same model i keep it also. You can thank Gran Turismo and Enthusia into turning me into a semi car hoarder i have around 1200 cars gonna be putting cars until it eats my hard drive lol. For tracks its kind of the opposite of this for me.

Last edited:

I do a "clean up" once in a while.Duplicates or low quality both physics and model wise i delete.I have about 1300 now.
I do the same with tracks.

It doesn't seem to work on @Zwiss versions:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1563#post-13205027
These are the ones I am using. Would it be possible to make it compatible ?

Try this by adding to the existing ext_config files in the extension folder of each track - be aware it's very basic but hope it helps (This one is the 1977 but should work with 74 version as well) Edit: It does:tup:
[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Couldn't find a rain fx version - Basic config of RainFX

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?STRP?, ?ARMCO?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?STRP?
STREAM_EDGE_... = 206.67, 0.26, -60.09,209.55, 1.05, -49.34

Screenshot_lotus_98t_zw_spielberg1977_17-0-121-14-56-3.jpg
Screenshot_lotus_98t_zw_spielberg1977_17-0-121-14-56-6.jpg

Last edited:
Great find, and thanks for sharing.
Polycode make nice tracks but it's a shame they still haven't embraced CSP lighting, rain or grass.

@Masscot Here we go: Basic ext_config with RainFX, GrassFX and Lights + VAO
I only can't make semaphore works, it happens on many tracks, never understood what's the problem till now

Attachments

• pc_keizer.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
My advice based on previous experience is not to let yourself get anywhere close to this kind of number. It's temping to hoard cars and tracks because they're free, they don't take up cupboard space and choice is good, right? Wrong. All choice does under these circumstances is mean that you waste most of your seat time testing/tweaking/driving utter garbage when there are cars in your collection that actually deserve to be driven but remain completely neglected. It's not even worth keeping crap mods as grid fillers as they tend to stick out like sore thumbs and spoil the overall experience.
I started thinning down my mod collection months ago, several years too late, and there's a long, long way to go. I definitely wish I'd been far more discerning and exercised far more restraint over the past few years, but coming from the shackled console experience to the free-for-all of PC simming was like getting the keys to the sweet shop. Unfortunately most of those sweets are actually deep-fried dog****.
I don't even bother downloading most new mods now especially when it's obvious that they're 99% replicas of something already out there but with dubiously claimed 'improvements', which brings us neatly full circle to your original question and the perception that several close clones of most car mods exist, all claiming to be the best and most actually offering nothing of worth over the previous iteration. There are so many crap mods floating around and production standards are so incredibly low it's amazing we haven't all got worms.

Last edited:
Last edited:

With 2.1k cars I usually have a couple of dups but if there is a better one of that mod. i'd say bye bye to because they are pretty much useless (i do have all the scambois f1 cars because they are the only ones that are out with each car of that year, but i use ASR + RSS either way to driver and have them to grid fill)

Try this by adding to the existing ext_config files in the extension folder of each track - be aware it's very basic but hope it helps (This one is the 1977 but should work with 74 version as well) Edit: It does:tup:

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?STRP?, ?ARMCO?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?STRP?
STREAM_EDGE_... = 206.67, 0.26, -60.09,209.55, 1.05, -49.34

View attachment 985400 View attachment 985401
Works fine for both tracks.
Thanks for the lightning fast job ! 👍

I keep everything until I find that particular car's quality acceptable, then I'll delete the rest of the garbage mods. Otherwise, they are there as a placeholder telling me that I have this car in-game, but it's not good. There are some difficult ones like the AMG GT63s, one version has a better exterior than the other and one has a better interior, but both sucks tbh, but it could be good if I actually spend time to make it look normal, so I kept both in case I want to work on them.

I've performed some culling as I'm getting ready to clone my 500GB SSD to a 1TB.

I also use the star rating system for preferred mods, tags to group the cars (click on a car's tag to see all the other cars with matching tags), and I sometimes use the car/track preset feature if there's a combination I really like, or need to return to it later for more practice.

I currently have 2,340 car mods installed (maybe another 300 not installed yet), and 1,203 tracks. Thank goodness for CM to help me manage them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The final one for today - charade_spc2018 by MadBrain
Try this by adding to the existing ext_config files into an extension folder in the track or add to the existing config in loaded tracks - be aware it's very basic but hope it helps (This one should work with both layouts) Edit: It does:tup:
TealOrange-29.jpg

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Couldn't find a rain fx version - Basic config of RainFX

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?Tarmac?, ?Rumble?, ?Line?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?Tarmac?, ?Rumble?, ?Background?, ?Grass?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?Line?, ?Material?, mat10, toitcharde
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?Background?, ?Grass?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?Line?
STREAM_POINT_... = 1069.85, 58.99, -353.86, 1094.96, 58.97, -362.21

RainFX Config file Installation help

How to create an extension folder and ext_config.ini file for each track
In case you ever move your tracks or just want to keep the files in one place

Click on Thumbnail screenshots below for visual help

If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
  1. Create an extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
  2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
  3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
  4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
  5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
  6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
  7. To stop AC from getting confused. Add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back