Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,801 comments
Here you have the video of the record:

The production McLaren F1 has a maximum of 7.500 rpm. In the video you can see the tachometer almost reaching 8.000 rpm ;)

Another good video of the record:

Nice videos.

It's not Nardo. It's Ehra-Lessin, the Volkswagen test track.

Screenshot_l_ferrari_488_challenge_ddm_gts_tsukuba_16-0-121-13-8-27.png
Screenshot_l_ferrari_488_challenge_ddm_gts_tsukuba_16-0-121-11-29-16.png

Thanks Mike, I've got four versions of this track now and yours is definitely the most complete.
Would it be possible to get the tunnel lit properly? There are lights in the ceiling but they don't cast any light, so it's very dark in there. It'd look great lit up properly. You've added lights elsewhere so it should be relatively easy?
It'd be nice too if the large yellow/black LED directional arrows were lit up and even animated (see Lago Maggiore) - seems a shame to waste them.
Oh, one other thing, a lot of the white lettering, arrows and other road markings etc on the tarmac have a much darker grey square background - this is supposed to blend in to the rest of the grey of the tarmac. Easy fix?
Thanks again.

Brighten light in tunnels of Tokyo Bay Track

Make this change in the track's ext_config.ini file ( M08_tokyo-bay > extension )

Change
COLOR=246,207,205,0.02 to
COLOR=246,207,205,0.08 (or to your preference)

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
DESCRIPTION=tunnel lights
MATERIALS=tokyo_tunnellight1, ?build?, aems02_1
DIRECTION=0,-1,0
SPOT=180
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.8
RANGE=20
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.45
FADE_AT=310
FADE_SMOOTH=30
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=16
COLOR=246,207,205,0.08
SINGLE_FREQUENCY=0
CONDITION=ALWAYS_ON

I had the exact same thing with CSP 1.71... to 'fix' that dark shadow line that follows you in front, I changed the following values...

Distances for interior: 5.2, 160, 1280
Distances for exterior: 48, 320, 1600

...and it seemed to 'fix' that shadowed line as it then renders shadows at further distance in front of you.

Regardless, I didnt like CSP 1.71 due to this issue and the shadows being blocky and constant flicker no matter what settings i tried to use or disable (the shadows look/feel horrible), so I rolled back to 1.68.

On a side note, I run SOL 1.6 still too.
I tried these settings as well as the other posted yesterday. In both situations no difference and still the moving shadows. BTW even turning off Smart Shadows doesn't change anything. AF16x (tried: AF16 in AC Video, AF16 in Nvidia and 16x in both). Other suggestions I can try? Now I'm in doubt if it is Smart Shadow related anyway?

I wanted to upload a YT but thanks to very poor quality conversion from 32:9 to max 1080P (apperently a limitation of NVidia Shadowplay, known issue) the 'moving' shadows are hardly to see...They are on the straights on the left side of the guard rails.

Last edited:
I did not work on billboards textures.. for me billboards in general are not high priority important.
There is so much one could do on this track.. to make it perfect. I know.
Mike, try this skin pack.
It contains all your revised textures plus I've swapped out all the bright Kunos/Assetto Corsa billboards with more appropriate weathered/grungy ones from NFS Shift/CM games.
I also adjusted the arrow etc road markings so they lose their dark grey borders and blend in a little better with the road surface. It's by no means perfect but a big improvement. I thought putting all the markings on a transparent background would be the perfect solution but this just gave big white squares unfortunately so it's gone back to a quick by-eye blend. I'm sure someone could fix these properly.
Anyway, let me know what you think. If you're happy with it, this skin can replace your current one in the skins/cm_skins folder (they are tagged differently so you can swap between them to compare first).
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wu48uykr27cbfk1/Mike08.7z/file

Brighten light in tunnels of Tokyo Bay Track

Make this change in the track's ext_config.ini file ( M08_tokyo-bay > extension )

Change
COLOR=246,207,205,0.02 to
COLOR=246,207,205,0.08 (or to your preference)

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
DESCRIPTION=tunnel lights
MATERIALS=tokyo_tunnellight1, ?build?, aems02_1
DIRECTION=0,-1,0
SPOT=180
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.8
RANGE=20
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.45
FADE_AT=310
FADE_SMOOTH=30
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=16
COLOR=246,207,205,0.08
SINGLE_FREQUENCY=0
CONDITION=ALWAYS_ON

Ah, good spot! I was hoping it was something simple.
I jacked mine right up from your suggested 0.08 to 0.75 and the tunnel looks great now IMO. That 0.75 value might just suit my particular PP/Sol/whatever settings but it give nice illumination down the tunnel walls and brings out the detail in the textures without looking overly bright. Looks perfectly suited to the grungy nature of the track I reckon.
Cheers!

@Mike08 forgot to mention this earlier - the three sets of missing wheeled supports from the crane need copying and adding back (there's a complete one on the opposite side, behind the camera).
I think all versions of this Tokyo track have this issue and it's always been annoying. The original converter dropped a bit of a bollock here.
:)

Screenshot_kkc_ford_mustang66_s1_m08_tokyo-bay_16-1-121-14-21-49.jpg

Last edited:
@RMi_wood Just a small suggestion for the Myogi and Usui tracks, maybe you can add a reverse direction as well? This track is run both ways in the original Initial D game too. I must say the layout is a lot more fun than anticipated being ported from an arcade game. I still like the actual touge tracks more, but I'm glad you converted these
Yes, I can do a reverse on both however IIR the Usui has bad gaps that are seen in rev. Will see about it however in the next release.

If you want to freeroam in ANY track, simply rename the files in ./ai folder. (fast_lane.ai / pit_lane.ai)
You cannot get a lap time in reverse, but you wont get booted to the pits for wrong way.
You will still get lap times in normal, but no delta times.

some Beam stuff is in direct .dae (Colada) format, but I have not had alot of success w/tracks (cars are easier)

keep trying :)

So if one can import cars from Beam then it would be possible to import custom built cars from the game Automation if they are first imported into Beam? Has anyone tried this? Curious to know as the car builder in Automation is a heck of a lot of fun. Would be great to let them loose on Assetto tracks.

So if one can import cars from Beam then it would be possible to import custom built cars from the game Automation if they are first imported into Beam? Has anyone tried this? Curious to know as the car builder in Automation is a heck of a lot of fun. Would be great to let them loose on Assetto tracks.
Honestly that's a good shout. Has anyone tried this?

Yeah I was a bit unmotivated because how the livery turned out - was expecting something more than something tad different to the MEP JDC Miller's one tbh.

Funfact: I created the debut livery first and used it as a template for the rest of the Caddies.

Oh cool. I thought you'd release the debut livery as a separate skin aswell not gonna lie :lol: :lol:

Cool track, but unfortunately very taxing on the frame rate. Would be cool to have some new billboards as well, maybe I find the time for a rework.
Thanks for your feedback.
You are the first one having FPS issues.. for me, it runs very very well in comparison to other tracks.
Even in the rain with other cars.

---

I have fixed many things now depending on feedback here.
And added additional stuff...

Now waiting on the AI fix from @KevinK2 ,
because i could not fix it, even with doing new sidelines with AI helper,
and tested without "New AI Behavior"... i got a headache from this.

When i have this fix, i guess a new build is ready.

Last edited:
It contains all your revised textures plus I've swapped out all the bright Kunos/Assetto Corsa billboards with more appropriate weathered/grungy ones from NFS Shift/CM games.
I also adjusted the arrow etc road markings so they lose their dark grey borders and blend in a little better with the road surface. It's by no means perfect but a big improvement. I thought putting all the markings on a transparent background would be the perfect solution but this just gave big white squares unfortunately so it's gone back to a quick by-eye blend. I'm sure someone could fix these properly.
Anyway, let me know what you think. If you're happy with it, this skin can replace your current one in the skins/cm_skins folder (they are tagged differently so you can swap between them to compare first).
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wu48uykr27cbfk1/Mike08.7z/file

MS AV gave me a trojan warning when downloading your file mate.
upload_2021-1-16_16-32-47.png

Edit: most likely a false positive warning.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback.
You are the first one having FPS issues.. for me, it runs very very well in comparison to other tracks.
Even in the rain with other cars.

Yes it stutters like hell. All other tracks are fine, just compared them. Maybe some setting I have which you haven´t. Usually I run 60 FPS locked without any issues.

MS AV gave me a trojan warning when downloading your file mate.
View attachment 985175
Weird, no issues here. Scanned with Avast and Windows Defender before uploading. Just downloaded it myself, no issues either with the download even after a manual scan, zipped and unzipped.
Anyone else having issues?
Then folder only contains .dds files, one .png (the preview image) and the ui_track_skin.json

Edit: RMI advises it's likely a false positive.

Last edited:
Thank you!! I will do.
..after you checked this again for viruses. :D

Weird, no issues here. Scanned with Avast and Windows Defender before uploading. Just downloaded it myself, no issues either with the download even after a manual scan, zipped and unzipped.

Even tried it for the second time, again, trojan warning. :(

Can someone please help me with this jewel in automotive history? I can no longer see through, which means I can no longer see out the window. Must be a CSP problem ... The original for rFactor or GTR is from Track505. I don't know who did the conversion for AC. The sound is awkward but unfortunately there is no good two-stroke AC sound.
https://we.tl/t-Ra0YgsUHMW
View attachment 985153View attachment 985152 View attachment 985153

I don't know why is no two stroke sound for AC. There are some cars Trabant, Wartburg and even the Saab, which are used twostroke engines.
(There are some cars in AC (trabant, and melkus 1000 for example.)
The Fmod audio was connected for Richard Burns Rally last year, and some modder can made good 2 stroke engine sound. (The bank file structure a bit diffenrent than in AC, so you cant pick up it for AC)

Then folder only contains .dds files, one .png (the preview image) and the ui_track_skin.json
Sophos says it's clean

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back