Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Yes. Although I checked the Caddy Cien, the quality of the conversion leaves a bit to be desired.

Does anyone know if CSP really intends to end support for controllers? I just made the mistake of going into the Steam forum of AC and there you have very elitist wheel people claiming they will "patch out" controller support for AC. I use a controller because I can't afford anything better.

Lmao these people. First sim game and they think they're hot ****, I guess ? Man why is the AC community so unbelievably toxic. I've never encountered so many elitist, know-it-all, unlikeable, self-centered gamers in one place.
(it's funny cause whilst I love AC it really isn't the best sim out there lol)

Hi guys

Do you know a good/fast way to search mods released in this thread? Now what I'm doing is going through all the pages from the beginning, but this is a bit slow, and I may miss something.

Hi guys

Do you know a good/fast way to search mods released in this thread? Now what I'm doing is going through all the pages from the beginning, but this is a bit slow, and I may miss something.

Personally the way I'd do it is by using the search bar at the top of the page. Type in the name of the car you're looking for, then tick off the "search in this thread only" box. Press search, and then on the next page click where it says "sort by relevance" and change that to sort by date.

Last edited:
Fantastic, thank you 👍

For "not modders" guys like me, next time with other cars, here is the solution to find the information to make the wipers work.
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

For the Surface reference, clic on the windsceen to found Material: EXT_Glass and in 3 clic on the three dots to see the complete name : GEO_Chassis_SUB3
View attachment 986962

for the wipers reference clic to found Material: EXT_Engine_Bottom then name : GEO_Wiper4
View attachment 986957

and put the reference here
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS = [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Quick question. How do i get on to the screen that shows that information please .New to this but want to learn.

Quick question. How do i get on to the screen that shows that information please .New to this but want to learn.
Look at the pictures, when you choose a car in Content Manager click on the circle at the bottom right (arrow #1).
Then with the mouse click on the windscreen and on a wiper (arrow #2) and then you will get the information you are looking for.

For the Surface reference, clic on the windsceen to found Material: EXT_Glass and in 3 clic on the three dots to see the complete name : GEO_Chassis_SUB3
View attachment 986962

for the wipers reference clic to found Material: EXT_Engine_Bottom then name : GEO_Wiper4
View attachment 986957

and put the reference here
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

Make sure it has wiper animated first before putting RainFX on to it. This can done by looking at car prams page with CM showroom.

Last edited:
Lmao these people. First sim game and they think they're hot ****, I guess ? Man why is the AC community so unbelievably toxic. I've never encountered so many elitist, know-it-all, unlikeable, self-centered gamers in one place.
(it's funny cause whilst I love AC it really isn't the best sim out there lol)

lol :lol:

You should try the virtual pinball crowd... equally toxic! :)

Look at the pictures, when you choose a car in Content Manager click on the circle at the bottom right (arrow #1).
Then with the mouse click on the windscreen and on a wiper (arrow #2) and then you will get the information you are looking for.
Many thanks.

Does anyone know the best/definitive version of Imola '72 by the way? I've searched around but can't work out if there's a single 'latest' one or just go looking for individual updates - thanks

Does anyone know if CSP really intends to end support for controllers? I just made the mistake of going into the Steam forum of AC and there you have very elitist wheel people claiming they will "patch out" controller support for AC. I use a controller because I can't afford anything better.

Jeez, I hope not - I use my machine for work during the week so unplug the wheel and use the controller if I get the odd hour or two until I can set the wheel up again.

Last edited:
Wheel Pack suggestion

You know what would be cool? If someone would release a wheel pack that we could use on any car we choose utilizing CSP configurations. It's actually pretty simple to do. Chiva released a mod a while back that has a few wheel models that get swapped onto various cars using the extension configuration. You can actually use them for any car you want! The .kn5 files are complete with wheel and tire textures along with the wheel blur and tire blur textures, not sure how one would incorporate lods though. It would be very cool to have a pack of wheels like Volk and Enkei in sizes from 15'',16'', 17'', 18'' or even 19'' that we could put on any car. Anyone know of any complete wheel .kn5 files that come with mods or maybe by chance this has been done already but I missed it? Anyways, just voicing an idea. It probably would be a simple task for someone skilled in 3DS Max or other 3D programs. :cheers:

Does anyone know the best/definitive version of Imola '72 by the way? I've searched around but can't work out if there's a single 'latest' one or just go looking for individual updates - thanks

Jeez, I hope not - I use my machine for work during the week so unplug the wheel and use the controller if I get the odd hour or two until I can set the wheel up again.
Agreed. Sim Rigs can be quite expensive to set up, and even the cheapest entry-level wheels take up considerable space when not in use. Assetto Corsa is one of the most accessible full-sims at the moment and if CSP mandates wheels then BOOM. Major barrier to entry and raising of the cost floor for AC, given that CSP is straight-up required for many mods to function.

I shouldn't have to say this, but that anti-controller elitism will squander the uptake and momentum sim-racing received as a hobby & community last year.

It won't happen, some of the most well-known modders only use controllers. Not to mention that we need xinput left in the game for apps like Drone Camera.

anyone here interested to complete this mod? I have the blender save file and textures. A few engine mounts, back plate and altered wheels needed.

140622660_229260008804414_1201595097342201098_n.jpg

141026004_229276245469457_428893002341209291_o.jpg
Yes, maybe I can help....

Hi all I spent several hours trying to understand something about the rain working wipers on 1.72 CSP beta. I have been applying the "wipers_trace..." lines on a mod car but It doesn´t work. Also "bending wipers", too. So I have focused only on kunos cars. There are 4 types of cars depending on their "cleanning" windscreen work.
1 Cars with auto detection of wipers which no need to add wipers trace lines on ext config. (Alfa 155 V6 ti, BMW 1M, Alfa 4c....)
2. Cars with no auto detection of wipers but can work when you ad wipers trace with the correct meshes names (BMW M3 e30, Mercedes AMG GT3...) 3. Cars with auto detection of ONE wiper and cleanning effect only on it (Mercedes SLS) and it fix applying wipers trace lines.
4. Cars that not working at all even if you do everything you want (Abarth 500 esseesse)

The question is, Why??

Which is the magic words to make it work, for example on Abarth 500, or any other mod car you want to do?

Which is the difference between cars of firs group and the rest in therms of objects, names, meshes, or links among it??

Seems all too weird...

Last edited:
Carrickatuke Raceway

Hey all!

I'm working on a WIP of a track I thought I could share. Please bear in mind this is like, a V0.001 release.

It's a fantasy track that I made up located next to where I live, in a "what if we won the lottery" kind of situation.

I would've posted it on Racedepartment or something but I know that they'd give it bad ratings because it's not finished. I've tried my hand at trying to do everything though at least, followed tutorials etc but I just can't get it to work. I know GTPlanet is good people so I'm offering it up on here.

Bad points:
I can't get the replay cameras to work and AI for some reason decide at the finish line to veer off to the left which is very annoying, I would really appreciate it if anyone can fix that for me. :)
Walls have no collisions.
Track map doesn't seem to scale properly.

The track is a lot of fun to drive and can catch you off guard in a few places.
It's not perfect but I'm working on improving it everyday. :D

AI does "work" if you only want to do a single lap race. Up to 2 opponents... There's reasons for only two but I'll leave that to the backstory of the full release. Track really is only for hotlapping until the AI gets fixed.

This is my first track.

Download:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au2Zd3bO82ou1DeIGwyyWx7rrSlc?e=B9mBmm

Cheers!
Tomo

Attachments

• Track Map.jpg
    Track Map.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_acr_murcielago_lp640_427_test_facilities_23-0-121-0-26-39.jpg
    Screenshot_acr_murcielago_lp640_427_test_facilities_23-0-121-0-26-39.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_tc_legends_toyota_2000gt_427_test_facilities_23-0-121-2-37-54.jpg
    Screenshot_tc_legends_toyota_2000gt_427_test_facilities_23-0-121-2-37-54.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 60
Carrickatuke Raceway

Hey all!

I'm working on a WIP of a track I thought I could share. Please bear in mind this is like, a V0.001 release.

It's a fantasy track that I made up located next to where I live, in a "what if we won the lottery" kind of situation.

I would've posted it on Racedepartment or something but I know that they'd give it bad ratings because it's not finished. I've tried my hand at trying to do everything though at least, followed tutorials etc but I just can't get it to work. I know GTPlanet is good people so I'm offering it up on here.

Bad points:
I can't get the replay cameras to work and AI for some reason decide at the finish line to veer off to the left which is very annoying, I would really appreciate it if anyone can fix that for me. :)

AI does "work" if you only want to do a single lap race. Up to 2 opponents... There's reasons for only two but I'll leave that to the backstory of the full release. Track really is only for hotlapping until the AI gets fixed.

This is my first track.

Download:

Cheers!
Tomo

I havent tried your track, but your AI veering at S/F line could be because you might have stopped or slowed down the fast_line.ai when you came to the S/F line, or your Left and right side lines are jagged at that location. I dont have the time to look at what you did cause of things going on in the family, but pretty sure someone here can help you fix that problem. good luck with your track.

work done by me and I am not a professional but I am more than satisfied, now it is more enjoyable and drives better
rework F1 2008 simdream mod

prewiev.jpg Screenshot_f1_2008_mclaren_melbourne_2019_25-0-121-1-46-50.jpg Screenshot_f1_2008_mclaren_melbourne_2019_25-0-121-1-47-15.jpg

improvements to the physics of the mod:
Sounds
Tyres
Aero
Collider
Engine
Gears
Cams
Elettronics & Led
UI & Preview

required original mod
just overwrite file in assettocorsa\content\cars
make sure the folders have these names
f1_2008_bmw_sauber
f1_2008_ferrari
f1_2008_forceindia
f1_2008_honda
f1_2008_mclaren
f1_2008_redbull
f1_2008_renault
f1_2008_superaguri
f1_2008_tororosso
f1_2008_toyota
f1_2008_williams

download https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2008-mod-updated-for-simdream-mod-f1-2008.39170/
enjoy

Last edited:
Carrickatuke Raceway

Hey all!

Bad points:

This is my first track.

Download:

Cheers!
Tomo

I havent tried your track, but your AI veering at S/F line could be because you might have stopped or slowed down the fast_line.ai when you came to the S/F line, or your Left and right side lines are jagged at that location. I dont have the time to look at what you did cause of things going on in the family, but pretty sure someone here can help you fix that problem. good luck with your track.

To further this, looking at your map you also have the start/finish line in a fairly technical section of the track. I'm not sure how best to describe it, but Assetto Corsa AI becomes unresponsive for a brief period each time they cross the start/finish line. It's not noticeable on 99% of tracks because the line is almost always placed on a straight, but on the handful of circuits where the line is in a braking area or on a corner, it causes no end of issues in having a stable/fast AI line.

This issue was present on the chicane layout of the Fiorano test track, as the start/finish line was in the middle of the braking zone for the chicane. Despite collaboration with several of the GTP AI gurus, to my knowledge we never solved it satisfactorily, the AI was either painfully slow or constantly out-braking themselves in faster cars.

If after you've followed dathyr's advice above, you're still having issues then I'd move the start/finish line to between turns 8 and 9, or any other of the straight sections and that'll probably solve it.

the rollovers cars do well, but overall driving experience which is what counts go for the GTP versions.

Id disagree, id say the GTP versions are alot better. They are effectively upgraded versions of the rollovers cars, better physics etc.
There are things aesthetically
I would love to try the GTP version, what does GTP stand for so I can track these down?

work done by me and I am not a professional but I am more than satisfied, now it is more enjoyable and drives better

View attachment 987025 View attachment 987026 View attachment 987027

Sounds
Tyres
Aero
Collider
Engine
Gears
Cams
Elettronics & Led
UI & Preview

required original mod
f1_2008_bmw_sauber
f1_2008_ferrari
f1_2008_forceindia
f1_2008_honda
f1_2008_mclaren
f1_2008_redbull
f1_2008_renault
f1_2008_superaguri
f1_2008_tororosso
f1_2008_toyota
f1_2008_williams

download https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2008-mod-updated-for-simdream-mod-f1-2008.39170/
enjoy

Thank you, but there's no williams folder in the download :)

To further this, looking at your map you also have the start/finish line in a fairly technical section of the track. I'm not sure how best to describe it, but Assetto Corsa AI becomes unresponsive for a brief period each time they cross the start/finish line. It's not noticeable on 99% of tracks because the line is almost always placed on a straight, but on the handful of circuits where the line is in a braking area or on a corner, it causes no end of issues in having a stable/fast AI line.

This issue was present on the chicane layout of the Fiorano test track, as the start/finish line was in the middle of the braking zone for the chicane. Despite collaboration with several of the GTP AI gurus, to my knowledge we never solved it satisfactorily, the AI was either painfully slow or constantly out-braking themselves in faster cars.

If after you've followed dathyr's advice above, you're still having issues then I'd move the start/finish line to between turns 8 and 9, or any other of the straight sections and that'll probably solve it.

You could be on to something there... Time to get moving it. Thank you very very much!! :)

View attachment 987025 View attachment 987026 View attachment 987027

Sounds
Tyres
Aero
Collider
Engine
Gears
Cams
Elettronics & Led
UI & Preview

required original mod
f1_2008_bmw_sauber
f1_2008_ferrari
f1_2008_forceindia
f1_2008_honda
f1_2008_mclaren
f1_2008_redbull
f1_2008_renault
f1_2008_superaguri
f1_2008_tororosso
f1_2008_toyota
f1_2008_williams

enjoy

Hi mate! Didn't have time to try it yet, but I noticed this: colliders size are normally a few kb. Your BMW Sauber's collider is 450+ mb, which is what makes the download so heavy (apart from being a possible mistake). Cheers!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back