Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,189 comments
Hi all.. it's been a while.

Just FYI.. I've started uploading my RainFX configs to Race Department, as they're easier to find there, but I thought I would post a link to update you on the last few I've created. Enjoy.
The last few are 1967 Silverstone, Shuto C1, 60s Hockenheim and 60s Rouen. There is also a combo back of most of my previous ones. I'll still check here for requests, even though Cozy61 has it pretty well covered these days!

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/paul-murphy.57554/

There was a couple of versions of this livery already but they weren't quite accurate (imo) so i decided to make a new one and tried to get it as accurate as possible.
The livery has had a lot of additional PBR/config work done to it (thanks to @UolterUait for doing that) so make sure you install the extension folder - I've included that in the RD upload anyway so just drag the contents into your AC folder and it will install everything correctly. This will work for any other skins you have for this car too. This skin has had new caliper texture added as well.

Go grab it from here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ueno-clinic-mclaren-f1-gtr-livery.39308/ and have fun taming this beast of a car

View attachment 988192
Many thanks. With all these car mods, sometimes I forgot to enjoy the fine original AC cars.

Had a crack at conversions for the first time yesterday, turns out that it's a little fiddly, but not anything particularly difficult. Anyway, two areas I have no clue about and little inclination to learn, wing animations and interior dashboard display... is there anyone that knows how to do these things and would like to collaborate on a few projects? Even though these features aren't important to me, I'm not particularly keen to release a car into the wild that doesn't have them. If you can do these things then PM me and I'll send you the car, if you can't do these things then don't PM me begging for it...

The first car in question, Ferrari SF90 Stradale:
144166392_10104140386356348_6961327703919337114_o.jpg

There was a couple of versions of this livery already but they weren't quite accurate (imo) so i decided to make a new one and tried to get it as accurate as possible.
The livery has had a lot of additional PBR/config work done to it (thanks to @UolterUait for doing that) so make sure you install the extension folder - I've included that in the RD upload anyway so just drag the contents into your AC folder and it will install everything correctly. This will work for any other skins you have for this car too. This skin has had new caliper texture added as well.

Go grab it from here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ueno-clinic-mclaren-f1-gtr-livery.39308/ and have fun taming this beast of a car

View attachment 988192

About the McLaren, I don't know why there isn't a version with the lights on the hood like in this picture
403725af-mika-hakkinen-drives-mclaren-f1-gtr--1024x555.jpg

I mean, it's just a minor thing. Or maybe there's one with that lights and and I am unaware of it

About the McLaren, I don't know why there isn't a version with the lights on the hood like in this picture
403725af-mika-hakkinen-drives-mclaren-f1-gtr--1024x555.jpg

I mean, it's just a minor thing. Or maybe there's one with that lights and and I am unaware of it

The Kunos model doesn't feature those lights, and I don't know of another F1 GTR out there. Otherwise I'd have used that for my livery lol

alternatively you can learn to convert the GT Sport model and have one with the lights :cheers:

Last edited:
Can someone here can look at or help with:

Nardo - I've got the one from Racedepartment, and I didn't bother with the newer skin a few months back (purely because it just looked like a newer skin), but my version has some kind of glitch with the start finish line, is this fixable for anyone here?

Over the years I've accumulated thousands of replay files, a great many of which are for tracks and cars that I have replaced with better versions. Is it possible to delete replays for tracks and cars that are no longer installed, without going through them one by one?

I'm going to make a recent mods video when I get a minute, and figure out Windows 10 (thanks to Rift S) a little more

Hi all.. it's been a while.

Just FYI.. I've started uploading my RainFX configs to Race Department, as they're easier to find there, but I thought I would post a link to update you on the last few I've created. Enjoy.
The last few are 1967 Silverstone, Shuto C1, 60s Hockenheim and 60s Rouen. There is also a combo back of most of my previous ones. I'll still check here for requests, even though Cozy61 has it pretty well covered these days!

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/paul-murphy.57554/

Great collection and btw I'm happy for you to do the requests 👍 I'm just a bored old fart keeping out of the missus's way :lol:

Last edited:
Crema Test Complex v1.0

Welcome to the Kunos / Crema Test Complex.
Originally designed by Kunos for testing in NetKar and the vaporware title "NetBike", from which this track is derived.

Enjoy nearly 9km of decreasing radius, off-camber corners, a blistering straight, a dedicated skidpad... and glorious facilities.
View attachment 988161

Crema Test Complex is a private facility and offers no provisions for racing of any kind, nor provides liability for more than 1 vehicle/team per rental session.

NOTE:
AI is disabled by default, otherwise you will be bounced to the pits if you do not follow "the route".
This is due to the dual routes that cross over each other.
If you wish to enable laptimes you must rename ./ai/fast_lane-.ini to ./ai/fast_lane.ini
You must also follow a very specific route...

From pit garage turn left to enter the track, stay left. Follow the signs "Test Track"
View attachment 988168
Take "Sector 1"
View attachment 988167
You will come past the pits, take the exit for "Skidpad", keep right, pick a radius
Exit skidpad and keep right, continue through to "Sector 2"
The start/finish is at the entrance to "Sector 1"

Permissions from Kunos are pending at this time (no response)

Features:
- 1 track, 2 routes, 1 skidpad
- CSP, GrassFX
- 1 pit
- camera is semi-functional
- surfaces are default Kunos
(infact... there is no surfaces file, or any track data, as a "proof" of concept by myself.
also very few objects or materials were renamed. This is a "clean" conversion)

Credits:
Track - Kunos/Yashugan
AC Conversion - RMi_wood
Cams - Dabaeda (good try bro!)

Todo:
Multiple layouts

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Phenomenal track! So stuningly fun and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Is there a good soul (with a wheel) willing to make a diferent AI for this track? As there're some issues and, of course (at least for me), camtool doesn't work well with this kind of AI:

Neil Shaw / CrisT86: may I just say, I think your Pukekohe slipped under the radar for a lot of people here, and its absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much
Make sure you grab Neil's Hampton Downs and Teretonga Park too!
I sound like a broken record about these two, but it still provides me with so much happiness that someone has finally done NZ tracks to a high standard.

Edit: Sadly the links to both of those tracks are broken. I'm happy to send you a copy of my files if @neil shaw has no objection.

Last edited:
Make sure you grab Neil's Hampton Downs and Teretonga Park too!
I sound like a broken record about these two, but it still provides me with so much happiness that someone has finally done NZ tracks to a high standard.

Edit: Sadly the links to both of those tracks are broken. I'm happy to send you a copy of my files if @neil shaw has no objection.
Yes please

Well i decided to add it to the Released folder, please report bugs haha

Parque Fundidora Monterrey 1.1

One of my home tracks!

https://mega.nz/folder/SOAQVbDL#zAo0G0ix_Vg4r6KEg-_0wg

nOV52T0.png

eMUEIDM.jpg

This is my WIPs folder, you can PM reporting bugs etc.

https://mega.nz/folder/ODhGiRyS#ZEEXkfqO0XMm2BdFk1Oaew

Lighting for Fundidora?

This track would look really good with proper lighting. With all the globe fixtures around the track and some lighting projected on the surrounding structures and some lit windows, it would be quite an experience to drive in the evening or at night. It might be a bit of a job and challenging to optimize the lighting, because there's so much that could be added.

Maybe a "lighting master" could make it work. Hopefully all the light materials/shapes are named correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenomenal track! So stuningly fun and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Is there a good soul (with a wheel) willing to make a diferent AI for this track? As there're some issues and, of course (at least for me), camtool doesn't work well with this kind of AI:

To make a new AI requires new starts/timers locations. the way the track is laid out makes it difficult to get full track coverage. The route I built actually is the only route you can do to create 1 line covering the track, as creating AI/Cams requires 3 sets of timers. The other way is to do dedicated layouts. In a previous post i showed the route I created.

This track is not going to be used for "racing", thus creating different layouts become almost a null point. The track borders are good and do not need any sides created. Perhaps doing an AI lap without the skidpad would make a better cam effort. To make a new AI simply remember to drive the right route to pass the timers in proper order.

upload_2021-1-30_19-10-13.png

as before... turn right out of the garage, keep left, take sector1 (starts lap counter, timer0 and timer1), you will pass the garage before hitting sector2 (timer2), you will rejoin the end of sector1 to come past the garage again, stay left, sector1 sign is the end of lap (timer0).

Old AI has a path to the skidpad on the secto1 run, after the first garage pass, rejoining sector 1
upload_2021-1-30_19-17-17.png

seems the main issue with the cameras is when the AI line comes back parallel to itself. Green is Sector2, and a line where timer0 is

upload_2021-1-30_19-22-41.png

Last edited:
From Fecebook -- still need to download and test it, but he usually produces good mods.

**EDIT - There's an update to this see post at this post
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2191#post-13341364

ISSUE TO CORRECT WHEN INSTALLED until it's corrected--Be sure to change the Kn5 file name from ferrari_f333sp_ks.kn5 to ferrari_f333sp-ks.kn5. Notice the second underscore is replaced with a hyphen. Otherwise you'll get a message that the car is not found. I'm posting the issue to the author on FB.

Also, the shifting animation needs to be adjusted if possible.

Erik Wispelwey
Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos

10m ·

The 333SP-edit is done. It's meant to be driven from and to a track- weekend so it's 'road-legal' (in Dubai only, probably
1f642.png
) with plates (well, rear one anyway), road-legal semis and 3rd brake-light.
For everyday use ABS and TC (default setting is non-intrusive) seemed appropriate. Who the hell would want to use this thing everyday is another question all together, but it should be possible.
Original is by AssettoGarage.
Thanks to
Jasmin Klačar
for beta-testing this wild beast.
https://www.mediafire.com/.../ferrari_f333sp_s2.zip/file

Lighting for Fundidora?

This track would look really good with proper lighting. With all the globe fixtures around the track and some lighting projected on the surrounding structures and some lit windows, it would be quite an experience to drive in the evening or at night. It might be a bit of a job and challenging to optimize the lighting, because there's so much that could be added.

Maybe a "lighting master" could make it work. Hopefully all the light materials/shapes are named correctly.

If only the layout wasn't so...Mickey Mouse.

If only the layout wasn't so...Mickey Mouse.

The pedestrian and bike lanes do throw you off at first until you understand they're part of the track and can be used, and there's a lot of trackside elements. However, in lighter track cars (MX5, Caterham, Radical, Lotus), if you take the time to learn it, it's quite a fun and rewarding track to master.

Anyone knows for how long will CSP 0.1.72 be held for Ilja's patreons only? I hope not too much longer, but I sense it will.

Last edited:
I almost forgot to release this rework of an australian track that was converted from TVR (Tewie) before. Didn´t changed much, almost only fixed the trees, who where imo crapped before. No overall optimization, no big improvements, just a bit more eye candy. :)
In solidarization for all bad, the people in Australia just experiences, sorry for that. No one should experience that. :(

Townsville reworked:
https://sharemods.com/0r8ii7l6u7b9/townsville_reworked.7z.html

A user over at RD asked me to look at this track. Being a track that has nothing but walls around it, it's unfortunate the walls are very sticky. Maybe someone can fix this at some point.

I also included rain fx with lots of stream edges/points, added to existing config.

AI for Townsville Reworked:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-and-rain-fx-for-townsville-reworked.39328/

https://mega.nz/file/PooBjayC#13so6Lrdifs1yy5TVZ2JuBNqX9ahMZ1lvHFU9QIXwXQ

RainFX for the great circuit @VheEth Cascavel.

Not overly sophisticated, but it does the job.

Thanks @Cozy61 for the tutorial video 👍

copy/paste at the bottom of the ext_config.ini file in content>tracks>vhe_cascavel>extension

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROADA?, ROADPITS, RDILBS, RDMARBLESANL
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?ROADA?, RDMARBLESANL
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = CMWALLA, TWALLG
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?GRASS?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?ROADLINE?
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_POINT_... =

edit:
correction a few messages later by Cozy61 (the RainFX master :)), I had forgotten the starting grid part and some lines.

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROADA?, ROADPITS, RDILBS, CONCSGA, RDMARBLESANL, ROADLINE
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?ROADA?, RDMARBLESANL, CONCSGA
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = CMWALLA, TWALLG
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?GRASS?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?ROADLINE?
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_POINT_... =

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back