Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,030 comments
Is there any interest in a version of Sebring from 1966?

I've been sent over a load of reference material and I believe it to be possible. I've never done anything 'historic' before so it would be an interesting one.

0xueJX5.png

cHOUX4N.png

yH0GVWa.png
How is Dragon Trail going?

yes, the Audi and Lola. I cant say exactly (well the Lola needs rpm adjust too).
But the Mazda is a good drive, proper feel and nice to PUSH. The other 2... snap and fuss, bounce and makes you want to get out and drive something else. Whatever you did to the Mazda (suspension and aero balance)... do that for the rest and then adjust for individuality. I havent tested fully but the Mazda feels like the downforce is a little high still at the lowest settings, but the aero balance feels proper. You should use the Aero app while driving for more insight.

@RMi_wood: Are you driving the Kamil Cader-tweaked Rebellion Lola-Toyota? It seems seriously improved over NeilB1971's original.

In Content Manager, go to Settings > Assetto Corsa > Video and under Quality, increase the Anisotropic Filtering. I have mine set at 16x. This helps with most tracks, especially where the lines are modeled separately from the road surface. However, if the lines are part of the material for the road surface (some conversions and older tracks), increasing this setting may not improve those.

Thanks for the reply, however, my settings are already like what you recommend, Anisotropic filtering 16X. I see no other solution. Does it come from this circuit?

From FB: Porsche Beck 904 by Mac Ten

View attachment 990033

Mac Ten
After a long wait it is finally here...
Chuck Beck is renowned among Porsche enthusiasts for his 550 Spyder replicas. They began producing replicas of this famous car in 1998. Since that time, Beck also jointly-developed the Shogun concept car, and produced a competitive race car with his replica of the Lister.
Chuck's latest production car is the Beck 904 replica. This replica is based upon the car that was originally produced by Porsche as a dual-purpose street/race car and marketed under the name Carrera GTS beginning in 1963. Porsche only produced about 100 of these cars in order to satisfy the GT homologation requirements for racing.
This car was unique for Porsche since it was their first car which utilized a body fabricated wholly from fiberglass. This resulted in a very lightweight and aerodynamic body, which in combination with its powerful mid-chassis mounted engine, produced a highly-successful race car. The beauty of the Carrera GTS body, its racing heritage, extreme power to weight ratio, and the fact that it was the only dual purpose street/race car produced by Porsche, makes it highly desirable.
In reverence to the original, Chuck Beck has designed, built and is now producing his replica of the 904. Based upon his long history of racing and experience in building and modifying cars, Chuck has created a replica with improvements that the designers could only dream about in 1963.
This version of the Beck 904 is equipped with a 1974 911 RSR spec flat six engine. With 400 hp at 8,000 rpm, thanks to dual ignition and larger valves and cylinders and, open headers. The chassis uses adjustable coil over shocks and, Porsche 917 brakes.
A Special thanks to my fellow test driver and, actual Porsche 911 owner and race driver form the land of Oz Tony D'Andrea. For the hours of testing that went into this. Much appreciated brother !

Download
https://mega.nz/file/1DBH1aLJ#fUKlyCh_P5qvdCb1-tg5Elb0PvEqV6ztvy8siqoBJHU
Extra tire textures
https://mega.nz/file/0CZlkABR#OJhDUODCJu7OxuEumnsG2jC6JctYCxA2viCDg0I8SwQ
Template
https://mega.nz/file/Fb4kwBYI#-KI3i-bFayO4ANUrHZI_77fqiNIC-7OoblK8fv3Xhuc

I test-drove the 904 in Germany for CAR and DRIVER when the car was introduced, and was taken to task by the California fiberglas contingent (led by Bruce Meyers, the 'godfather' of the dune buggy) for Porsche's inept handling of the 904's body, which they said was thick, heavy and structurally unsound, second only to the much-maligned 'plastic' Corvette in their vituperation. Given his reputation, I assume Chuck Beck's recreation is much, much better.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, however, my settings are already like what you recommend, Anisotropic filtering 16X. I see no other solution. Does it come from this circuit?

I just ran some laps on this track (Circuito de la Comunidad Valenciana Ricardo Tormo) with the Pessio Porknose. I stopped and looked closely at the track side lines--easy to do in the Porknose. In this case, the lines are part of the track material. If they're modeled separately and conformed to the track surface, if you stop and look REALLY closely, you can see that the lines are floating, like 1-4mm above the track surface, but you don't notice this while driving. Modeling them separately does seem to reduce this problem, and it gives the 3D modeler more options when creating the track surface and overlaying other features to add more character and realism to it.

I'm using an Oculus Quest 2 (recent upgrade from a 4+ year-old Rift), and though I can see some "fuzziness" if I look way down a long straight, it's not so bad that it's ruining the experience. There are other track mods that are much worse, but I think some effort to fix this issue and model the lines separately, would improve the mod, especially because it's already so good--one of my five-star favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been sent over a load of reference material and I believe it to be possible. I've never done anything 'historic' before so it would be an interesting one.

I loved the old Webster turns (and I normally hate chicanes) but have no love for the dog-leg that replaced them.

I hope this might be usefull for anyone looking for skins. And not only skins.

That's QUITE a list!!!

Has someone made a rainFX for Anglesey circuit ( https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/anglesey-circuit-trac-môn-wet-weather.9100/ ) ?
It has a sort of 'wet mod' but that didn't look really good and has become unnecessary with the actual rainFX.
Here you go
Track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/anglesey-circuit-trac-môn-wet-weather.9100/
Car: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/r-s-01-by-acm-modding-team.17402/
Anglesey Circuit_rainfx track bg.jpg

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\anglesey.ini
or, if you want it self-contained - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\anglesey\extension\ext_config.ini

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

I am also providing a link to my 80+ GDrive collection of RainFX Configs by myself and several other authors
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PVFWPPLNzXN5dOgxCURr27uFsgCMrQRs?usp=sharing

All the RainFX track Backgrounds can be found in the GDrive link above in the 'RAINFX Track Bg' folder

DIY RainFX Video

Attachments

• anglesey_rainfx.txt
    823 bytes · Views: 33
Last edited:
An exhaust problem here on the Mazda Furai Tweaked by @Peugeot905

@Peugeot905

There's also this rectangle floating in front of the steering wheel--a little annoying in VR. If you happen to edit the model or by other means, look for this and remove it if you can.

In this image, a view from VR, you can see the vertical white rectangle just to the right of where the alcantara begins on the left spoke. It's not a part of the steering wheel model--it just stays in one place.
Screenshot_mazda_furai_tweaked_ks_laguna_seca_6-1-121-19-51-49.jpg

This is a really good car and track combination. Another terrifyingly fun wild car on the Mont Tremblant track.
Links to the mods are in the description. There's a "freeze-glitch" at the beginning, but the rest of the video is fine.

I think I've been enjoying this car, the Porknose, more as I've been using a TS-PC Racer for the past few weeks. With its' stronger motor and more detail, I can feel when the rear of the car is about to break loose and correct it, and catch slides or sudden oversteers.

Aaaah the moment you promised yourself not to change/update anything on AC/CSP/SOL because it runs smooth now. And then suddenly a new available to all CSP1.72 version and for the Patreons the 1.73p pops up. Thanks! ;)👍
==
Hopefully ok to share --> the CSP1.73p has a really good overall FPS improvement, also with changing weather types. And then the new render stat app which gives detailed insight about fps.frametime usage per 'you name it, it is visible'. Easy to check which 'process' is heavy on CPU and/or GPU.
👍👍 up for the Dev(s) and testers.

I just ran some laps on this track (Circuito de la Comunidad Valenciana Ricardo Tormo) with the Pessio Porknose. I stopped and looked closely at the track side lines--easy to do in the Porknose. In this case, the lines are part of the track material. If they're modeled separately and conformed to the track surface, if you stop and look REALLY closely, you can see that the lines are floating, like 1-4mm above the track surface, but you don't notice this while driving. Modeling them separately does seem to reduce this problem, and it gives the 3D modeler more options when creating the track surface and overlaying other features to add more character and realism to it.

I'm using an Oculus Quest 2 (recent upgrade from a 4+ year-old Rift), and though I can see some "fuzziness" if I look way down a long straight, it's not so bad that it's ruining the experience. There are other track mods that are much worse, but I think some effort to fix this issue and model the lines separately, would improve the mod, especially because it's already so good--one of my five-star favorites.

That's it, I managed to solve my blur problem. Quite simply, you just had to set the following parameter: Mip LOD bias to -3.
It's in: CM / settings / assetto corsa / video / system.
Now the image is superb and without blur. Thank you anyway for your help.
Mip-LOD-bias-.png

That's it, I managed to solve my blur problem. Quite simply, you just had to set the following parameter: Mip LOD bias to -3.
It's in: CM / settings / assetto corsa / video / system.
Now the image is superb and without blur. Thank you anyway for your help.
View attachment 990127

Well I just learned something. Thank you for letting me know about this. I'm going to try some different settings to see what I like in VR, and how much they "cost" me FPS-wise.

Im all for that, but, before you start, fire up RFactor2, load Sebring and any car.. still one of the best experiences in simracing currently, every patch and seam and crack on the road can be felt, now wether that is just a side effect of the engine/tyre model or if they purposefully exagerated the geometry, or both, I cannot be sure, but it sets the bar for Sebring's.

Unsure if the concrete seams and all the patching goes back to the 60's but would be great to capture it properly. (from a FFB perspective)

Last edited:
@RMi_wood: Are you driving the Kamil Cader-tweaked Rebellion Lola-Toyota? It seems seriously improved over NeilB1971's original.

I already have made version of my cars with concluded aero and suspension, as @rmi wood made me reconsider previous setups. I'm going to upload them as separate downloads to drag more attention to them all, as I expect constructive feedback for polishing and learning more;
LMP1:
- 2009 Pescarolo 01 Evo with 5.5l Judd
- 2009 Aston Martin DBR1-2 V12
- 2009 Audi R15 TDi V10 TT
- 2011 Pescarolo 01 Evo with 5.0l Judd( the one that has been used in "the GT4" Pescarolo C60 hybride )

- 2011 Pescarolo 01 OAK with 3.4 Judd DB - This one should have different chasis that I know is included within GTR2 mods and I am thinking about learning to or making someone convert some more models, after original creators approval, obviously.

- 2011 Aston Martin AMR-One

- 2009 Acura ARX 2a - just made the power curve for LM-AR7 4.0l V8 engine, but I have no reference for its RPM figures and the only way I have managed to make 620hp/501nm figures was to make it rev till 9500 rpm. In general I just have started with it, but shouldn't take long.

- 2012 Pescarolo 01 OAK Judd 3.4 DB - same engine as 2011 but "Morgan" chasis.

LMP2:
- 2009 Pescarolo 01 Evo Mazda P41
- 2010 Pescarolo 01 OAK 3.4 Judd LMP2 spec
- 2011 Oreca 03 Judd 3.4 HK (BMW)
- 2011 Oreca 03 Nismo 4.5 V8
- 2012 Oreca 03 with same two engines and fin tail chasis
- 2013 Morgan/OAK Pescarolo Judd HK and Nismo V8
- 2014 Oreca 03R with Judd and Nismo as above (this is the "low drag" chasis)

All of them should not exeed 1400 kg of downforce at minimum setups/320 kmh anymore. Once these would be at the concluded state I will move on to the Acuras/HPD, Zyteks and Lolas.

Howdy all,

Is there a version of Lilski's Riverside International Raceway that has more than 24 pits...? This track would be fantastic with more traffic...!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back