- 398

- England
- pk3r72owns
How is Dragon Trail going?
I knew you would post that exact comment, I almost preemptively mentioned it haha.
It'll be done when it's done, so probably August 2024 at this rate
How is Dragon Trail going?
Well I just learned something. Thank you for letting me know about this. I'm going to try some different settings to see what I like in VR, and how much they "cost" me FPS-wise.
I didn't ask when it'd be done, I asked how it was going.I knew you would post that exact comment, I almost preemptively mentioned it haha.
It'll be done when it's done, so probably August 2024 at this rate.
Thanks, but that's the version I have with 24 pits. I'm wondering if there's a version with more than 24...
@Peugeot905
There's also this rectangle floating in front of the steering wheel--a little annoying in VR. If you happen to edit the model or by other means, look for this and remove it if you can.
In this image, a view from VR, you can see the vertical white rectangle just to the right of where the alcantara begins on the left spoke. It's not a part of the steering wheel model--it just stays in one place.
View attachment 990125
I have been testing a few mods/tracks and using the new version. The FPS increase is just great for me. The new Valencia track was getting me 70fps with a particular mod in cockpit view and just tried it again and over 130. Same settings etc. What an improvement so far. However I tried Baku 2019 Terra21 re-worked version and the road surface seems to be mirror on a lot of sections. Maybe a texture issue or whatever. I tried this track as it usually struugles for high fps but it also has an extra 30fps more. Need to work out the road surface issue though.Has anybody tested the new CSP? The one that removed and back aging now?
A.K.A 0.1.72
Had that on the reboot version of Zolder as well when rainingThis is what i'm referring to regarding the road surface in Baku in new CSP 1.73. Anyone else having any issues?
I didn't ask when it'd be done, I asked how it was going.
![]()
Ilja is already aware of this and working on a quickfix. As I understood should be available very soon
Your lucky it even gets that far. Known issue and Delpinksy and his team are updating the mod. May take a while but patience is key. The Emil Frey Jaguar is affected too.Today I've tried to use the GT Planet Modding Team Honda NSX GT3 cars in a practice session, 1.7 and 1.3 of the EVO. Every time, after I hear it load and the wheel jiggles as it always does just before the car and track appears, I get a "Race Cancelled" screen. Is there a known issue and/or an update that I missed?
View attachment 990205
The 3D model is just beautiful. However, physics-wise, it's too "floaty" and the steering seems to be overly sensitive. It also tends to pull to one side under hard braking. It's just not a "fun" and rewarding car to drive--start to push it, and it quickly goes beyond it's unrealistic limits. It reminds me of iRacing physics, which are good until you reach edge of grip--and that's where their physics model ends. I was trained to win races and set record lap times by going "beyond" grip when necessary, and as circumstances allow, in a controlled fashion to get an advantage. That's why I can't stand iRacing (as most real-world experienced drivers do), and that's what is "ruining" this mod in it's current state. It should be fun to drive, you can "thrash" it a little, and rely on it's mid-engine layout to "plant" the rear tires and propel the car out of turns and down the exit line. Such a shame, because it's such a nice looking car, inside and out. So physics-masters, see what you can do.
For that error I would just re-install the mod. If you roll back CSP to 1.67 and SOL to 1.5 for example the Honda will still work.
Sorry - Quick (lighthearted non-heart attack-inducing) rant then I'll delete
I'm all for constructive feedback (we don't always get it right) and helping those who help themselves as the majority of us in the community are - I'm sure we can all remember when it was new to us and we would ask our peers for help/advice.
So what is it with some people that when it's a free download they want you to wipe their ass for them - Just had the best comment yet over at Racedepartment -to paraphrase 'It may be good but is a bit too inconvenient to download' - 1 star - read that as 'I'm a lazy s*#t and want you to do everything for me' - FFSwhat happened to RTFM and exploring or even maybe asking the author through a PM and not commenting on what you haven't tried/experienced.
There is an old saying that goes like this; 'sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a [insert own profenity 🤬] .. than to open it and confirm you really are a...[repeat profienity 🤬].'
BTW: I know it is a complicated F1 2020 custom championship download due to changing parameters and updates but thousands have managed okay
Right - Rant over- Now wheres that JD and remote - Superbowl is on - Quietly saying come on you Chiefs
Oh, and am I being too sensitive? (puts his crash helmet on)
![]()
- 1 star -
Ive been working a lot on importing the mountains in the background in a bit higher detail, spent most of yesterday playing with baking textures into terrain meshes with blender. I'd rate my success at about a 2/10 soooo... It basically still looks like the last screenshos I sent over.
Thanks for the Tracks, but I can't download them.
Mega is limited to 5gb, and can it be uploaded to another host?
Pretty much. I've tried a few tracks and only had 1 track so far that was affected. But, for instance the Ricardo Tormo track that was lacking in fps for me has improved by around 30-40fps for the same cars.So, for what I've seen, last CSP update/upgrade is a great FPS friend.
As a downside, on a lot of tracks, the tarmac is white or/and (if we chose the right - wrong - car/track combo),
the track wont load due a car error/issue.
Is there any interest in a version of Sebring from 1966?
I've been sent over a load of reference material and I believe it to be possible. I've never done anything 'historic' before so it would be an interesting one.
Yes I know what you mean and my thanks to all for the support. The biggest thing for me is that so many contributors work so hard giving up their time to provide others with so many fantastic free mods. Always disappointing when a small minority don’t see that and comment without realising how much work goes into providing the free mods without speaking to the original authors. Doesn’t normally bother me but been a loooong week.@Cozy61 , all that Masscot said. It also works both ways: a few days ago I gave a constructive feedback to one of the guys who makes cameras (not Dabaeda, the other one). He answered with childish sarcasm. Not once, twice. I blocked him (something I don't like to do... you just don't know when a particular member will start sharing cool stuff) and it was totally worth it.